IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Appletreefarm- I'll take you up on your offer. :)

I have a few questions:

1) As a local, do you often see people you know when you go to town? Would you take a second look at someone you didn't know?

2) Would you consider it more likely locals use the Delphi trails? On the other hand, are the trails a draw for tourists or people from out of town?

3) How would you describe the downtown area in relation to major highways surrounding it- do you see it as an off interestate place someone might stop to get a bite to eat, so on? I know often small towns with major thoroughfares have a Cracker Barrel, for example.

Thanks for your help!
I'm not the original one who made that post but I'm a local and could answer some of your questions. There are no major interstates that close, the closest is 65 and it's a good distance. There are a few state highways, mainly state road 25 (Hoosier heartland roadway). It's such a small town if you blink twice you would miss it. The trails are popular with locals but usually only during late spring and summer. If your not from around here or haven't been there before, you wouldn't find it.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I've been saying SK from day one riding the rails it was random.... I have changed my mind. IMO he is local or was given info by a local of the area. I do not think it was random. WS rules will not allow me to state specifics as to why I have changed my opinion. I believe I am allowed to say that I find the below reading to be very interesting.
I took the time to read through the entire site... The Carroll County Comet its Delphi's local paper

http://www.carrollcountycomet.com/

Unfortunately I cannot view any recent article due to needing a subscription :gaah:

Rothco brand bag, but I saw no fanny packs. As far as I can tell it's sold at Walmart.
They are army surplus, sold many places. I have a couple of them, and I can tell you that they are about 4 times larger than any fanny pack.

Forgot to quote original comments: two sleuthers believe the white circle by BG's neck is a Walmart sack.

Me three...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

attachment.php

There are. There are boots you would wear to a fire (bunker boots, fire boots) and something called station shoes/boots. Fire boots are generally tall and bulky, often with pull loops at the top. They don't really move with your body well, so IMO I don't see fire boots under his jeans. Those are the kinds that might be reflective. Station boots are smaller, usually leather, look very similar to regular work boots, but I have never come across a reflective pair.
Bunker boots examples: https://www.chiefsupply.com/boots-and-footwear/fire-boots?p=1
Station boots examples: http://www.theemsstore.com/store/category.aspx/categoryId/2221/Station-Boots-and-Shoes/#/orderby/1

The picture above is from civilian boots and I think may be what you were referring to?

Thanks!

I was thinking of the stripe around the ankle, see picture (click to enlarge). I'm actually back to an idea from earlier, that it is one of these metal clips bicyclists put around their pants, because his jeans seems to become more narrow right there at that white stripe, as if tucked in.

View attachment 111730

In looking at online news stories, I notice that non-USA newspaper are referring to the "Snapchat murders" or the "Snapchat murderer", which obviously implies that he located them through Snapchat. I am thinking that that is just their sensationalist way of referring to it, since there are a couple of Snapchat photos they can print in the stories. I suppose one story used those phrases and media outlets just picked it up. But it bothers me, because either it's inaccurate and misleading, or there are details they have somehow gotten ahold of that we don't know. But so far I haven't seen any real info linking the murders to Snapchat, so I'm guessing it's the former.

ETA: Some of these news stories discuss the idea that the murderer may be visible in the background of the Snapchat photos. Even the images that were explicitly ruled out by LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think now would be a good time for LE to come out with a press conference, If nothing else just to keep the case at the forefront and in the news. Even if they don't want to release much more info, I think it would still serve a purpose. So often ounce a case gets to be a few weeks old with seemingly little progress, people tend tend to start to push it into the back of their minds. MOO (to be clear im not insinuating that LE owes the public anything) just think it helps keep the media aware

Since the homicides – a case that has generated $216,000 in reward contributions and caught the attention of the top ranks of the FBI – Selvidge’s job has been one of providing sustenance, both physical and spiritual.

On Thursday morning, after a devotional for investigators in back rooms of the old REMC building, Selvidge and Marty Webb, on assignment from the Tippecanoe Emergency Management Agency, greeted Delphi store owners who came in for posters for their storefronts, people looking to discuss tips and residents wanting to offer provisions for officers.

He called over Denise Craig as she stopped by, looking to bring meals for officers. Selvidge’s advice: Nonperishable, bagged meals that could be cooked easily would be better than home cooked. (“Just easier at this point,” Selvidge said. Craig answered: “You just tell me how. It will get done.”)

And he intercepted Leslie Pickering, an industrial technology teacher at Delphi Community High School, as she brought a new batch of posters from her students.

On Tuesday, Mullin asked Selvidge if there were more ways to encourage investigators as the case dragged past the two-week mark.

“I called the high school, and, boom, it was here in 24 hours,” Selvidge said, pointing out the handiwork – and the quick turnaround – of the graphic arts department. A thank you banner was over the door, listing the departments that have touched the homicide case. Photos of the girls were made into posters. And the walls, bare at the start of the week, were plastered with words of inspiration: “When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.”

“Blessed,” Selvidge said. “That’s how we roll in this community.”

http://www.jconline.com/story/opini...-faith-gratitude-hunt-delphi-killer/98587348/

Just to be clear...when I spotted the logo way back there somewhere I thought at first it was a star. Changed my mind and thought it was an eagle as it looked similar to the American Eagle logo on an old pair of jeans I have. I posted the AEO logo as just a reference as it reminded me of the shape of that logo. They do make belly bags/fanny bags but a more modern style. That being said...are there any other brands that have the eagle in the same shape/in flight as a symbol besides the military? Some type of official logo? It could just be one of those silly looking running men. Although LE probably already knows what the logo is. It will more than likely be discarded now but perhaps someone will know someone that wore one. MOO....MOOO

Lyle and Scott?

lyle_scott.png

I'm not the original one who made that post but I'm a local and could answer some of your questions. There are no major interstates that close, the closest is 65 and it's a good distance. There are a few state highways, mainly state road 25 (Hoosier heartland roadway). It's such a small town if you blink twice you would miss it. The trails are popular with locals but usually only during late spring and summer. If your not from around here or haven't been there before, you wouldn't find it.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

And correct me if I'm wrong but isnt the Stone House the only 'local' eatery...besides fast food?

I think that's very close!

That's actually the logo I was thinking of when I went looking for Eddie Bauer. They used to have one with the bird in a circle, but something sold more generically makes more sense.

The could have got in and out of the High Bridge area on a small scooter.

He could have parked that off in the bush, and nobody would have seen it.

JMO

WG

I think that's very close!

Hello all.

Long time lurker on the site, first time poster. I don't know if it was fate that brought me to this page and this post, but I landed here out of all of the random cases that I could have browsed.

I have not read all of the threads and posts on this discussion. As I said, I just happen to click on this page from this thread and find something I could reply to. That is very odd.

I did go back and re-read the first couple pages of the initial thread on this case in order to familiarize myself.

Anyhow, on to my reply...

I am unable to open the link provided where it appears that member teeandcee located a similar Rothco bag online. Rothco is an importer and wholesaler that has been in the business for years, and does not actually manufacture anything that they sell. It is conceivable that the logo is on a bag marketed by Rothco but sold in many places. Rothco products typically fill out the voids in small independent gun shops that want to stock some tactical gear, or Army-Navy stores.

That being said, the logo to me also resembles the stylized lion design, as member catastrophe_ shared.

But, furthermore, the tactical gear company London Bridge Training uses a similar stylized lion (for lack of a better term), and has handed out promotional bags similar to the one in the photo. I have seen them given away at the LBT booths at the SHOT show at least twice in the past seven years or so that I've attended the show. From memory, the LBT promo bags given out looked slightly different from the photo, however similar enough that it grabbed my attention.

Will someone look at this and see if it matches the 'white spot' nearer to the face?

attachment.php

Attachments

• mens-fox-racing-brown-sasquatch-hoodie-sweatshirt-jacket-m-full-zip-sherpa-lined-bd17db29ce9e48e.jpg
    mens-fox-racing-brown-sasquatch-hoodie-sweatshirt-jacket-m-full-zip-sherpa-lined-bd17db29ce9e48e.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 620
Good call on the Deer Skull face scarf, i can definitely see that working...perhaps he drives a motorcycle. i'm going to sleuth through as many profiles as i can to see if someone is photographed wearing that face scarf this past winter....usually when someone buys a skull thing like that it makes them feel badass and they will do a selfie wearing it. What is great is the did not plan on being photographed so Libby did an awesome job capturing him on camera. Also, his coat looks like he has it stuffed in stomach area with possibly heavy rope of some sort...i could be wrong but it appears something is in there.

To the locals dropping in, thought and prayers to you all. Know that the rest of the country is here and trying in anyway we all can to help however we can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member