IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think toxicology reports usually take a few weeks or longer to come back. They probably don't have all the results in yet. Are you thinking the perp drugged one or both of the girls?

No thoughts on it yet just wanted to know the results :)

When a teen is reported missing is it common though for a mass search party to gather immediately? I could be wrong, but I thought they waited a little bit before everything is thoroughly searched.

Plus Delphi is a small community. It may be difficult to have a large search party at the ready within a few hours.

Curious, for anyone who knows a lot about DNA testing in criminal cases, when they run DNA evidence through the database, does it only search for an exact match? I mean, say someone related to the suspect was in the database would that come up in a search?

Im going to preface this comment by stating : Im just asking this to help me understand why they stopping searching it is not to point fingers or imply anything it is just a question.

JMO but if two kids, not access to a vehicle are last seen on a on old bridge which is dangerous all in its self, in a wooded area where god knows what could be out there. Either of them are answering their phones or if both dont have them at least we know Libby was not answering hers. Its dark late and cold, this is not July no one is camping out in the woods on purpose. WHY would they stop searching? I'm not talking about LE like I stated yesterday there are protocols and if they did not follow them thats a whole different topic assuming LE acted responsibly why did the families not search all night why didnt they press LE to go out there. Where did they think the girls were why did they think this was reasonable.. didn't they have school the next day? Why does this feel off to me as well?

I would of searched all night. I could not of went home. I wonder though if the police were still working but had family go home...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im going to preface this comment by stating : Im just asking this to help me understand why they stopping searching it is not to point fingers or imply anything it is just a question.

JMO but if two kids, not access to a vehicle are last seen on a on old bridge which is dangerous all in its self, in a wooded area where god knows what could be out there. Either of them are answering their phones or if both dont have them at least we know Libby was not answering hers. Its dark late and cold, this is not July no one is camping out in the woods on purpose. WHY would they stop searching? I'm not talking about LE like I stated yesterday there are protocols and if they did not follow them thats a whole different topic assuming LE acted responsibly why did the families not search all night why didnt they press LE to go out there. Where did they think the girls were why did they think this was reasonable.. didn't they have school the next day? Why does this feel off to me as well?
Very Valid question, Unfortunatly we dont have these details. I think we may have to wait untill LE gives us a more accurate detail of the search and their reasonings. I tend to wonder if they searched all the Area owned by the parks and were thinking there was nothing more to investigate untill daylight? Maybe even believing that the girls were no longer a that location? Ughhhhhh so frustratiing, sooooo much we don't know

We know they have had divers in the water since the girls were found. It's not a stretch to deduce that they were looking for something in the water, which could have included clothing items. I have always assumed the girls were found unclothed, unfortunately, or at least partially unclothed. This doesn't seem like a shocking revelation to me. We also know their bodies were found on the opposite side of the creek, so they or their bodies had to cross that body of water.

See, I didn't realize they had divers. Interesting.

The grandfather did refer to people searching throughout the night. Does anyone have a link? I believe it was a television interview in which he thanked people for searching all night.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
www.wlfi.com/2017/02/18/news-18-exclusive-grandfather-remembers-life-of-liberty-german

"We’re thankful that friends, neighbors, co-workers perfect strangers called off work and searched all night with our family merely because they felt compelled to help."

I think this is a very valid question.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk
I believe it was stated in another thread that LE felt the only danger to the girls was the weather, that the rough terrain would be dangerous to searchers in the dark, and that the girls were possibly in town because of the cell phone pings.

I'd like to know where the toxicology reports are? There is no harm in them letting us know those came back clean, that would not hurt any part of the investigation in fact I think it would just continue to help public support. IMO

The toxicology reports could be important in investigation if drugs were involved. For example, if a tip was called in claiming killer admitted injecting certain drugs, then LE would know it was a valid tip and jump on it ...

I believe it was stated in another thread that LE felt the only danger to the girls was the weather, that the rough terrain would be dangerous to searchers in the dark, and that the girls were possibly in town because of the cell phone pings.
Thank you!!! I'm getting confused and forgetting. Wayyyy too much info in my head.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Many post have questioned when the results of the DNA would be back. This got me thinking that the LE may well have those results now & nothing matched with the database so they are now waiting on results of the more recent DNA submitted by POI, for example Chrysler guys DNA.

This very idea occurred to me this morning. What if BG is already in custody on unrelated charges and LE is just waiting for DNA results to be returned. A hopeful thought, at any rate.

On the search: Is it possible the pings showed the phones moving around town? Didn't someone either attempt to throw this out there as a possibility or was this a fact? Can't remember. Maybe a family member saw communications with a boy or something at home on a pc and police called it because of this or possibly there was a runaway situation before? Can anyone confirm these?

If you still have it handy, would you mind providing a link for this? TY :)

I'm not sure how to get a link from it, but if you search Google Maps for Monon High Bridge, and go to that spot, you can choose a street view that shows the bridge and the trail and allows you to look around, etc. The trail feels creepy to see, for me, knowing about this crime.

First-time poster here (hope I'm doing this right). IMO the image quality is poor because Libby was zooming in on BG from a distance in her video.

Maybe she was filming with her phone upside down, but facing towards him and the photos that LE posted were the clearest or only pics of him captured.

Curious, for anyone who knows a lot about DNA testing in criminal cases, when they run DNA evidence through the database, does it only search for an exact match? I mean, say someone related to the suspect was in the database would that come up in a search?

Try searching under "Familial DNA"
Familial DNA searching (sometimes referred to as “Familial DNA” or “Familial DNA Database Searching”) is the practice of creating new investigative leads in cases where DNA evidence found at the scene of a crime (forensic profile) strongly resembles that of an existing DNA profile (offender profile) in a state DNA database but there is not an exact match.

www.wlfi.com/2017/02/18/news-18-exclusive-grandfather-remembers-life-of-liberty-german

"We’re thankful that friends, neighbors, co-workers perfect strangers called off work and searched all night with our family merely because they felt compelled to help."

Thank you, I did not see that and that answers my question :) That felt really weird that the families wouldnt be out all night I know I would... glad to see they did too.

I don't believe we have all the facts. I agree it doesn't make sense. Simple phone GPS alone. Perhaps they didn't have share location on the phone... O/T any parents reading this have your kids share their location indefinitely ! I can check all my kids locations at any time and it's within 50ft of their location! I'm not a helicopter parent however it allows my kids to have more freedom and me not sprouting grey hair every time they leave the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member