IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, regarding him taking them, here is my current theory. First here is a link to FBI info on SK and the trucking industry. I apologize in advance for those here who are truckers. I believe most are professionals and servants to the rest of us on the road. But this is a fact reported by the FBI and there are many other articles regarding this problem among truckers, here is just one. http://crimefeed.com/2016/05/truck-driver-best-job-aspiring-serial-killers-according-fbi/

Second, here is a note copied from a blog for the trucking industry. This type of waiting for loads is common. There are other blogs and articles about how truckers look to kill time during this down time, many look to get out and walk or visit attractions in the area. This one is focused on the packing plant that is right down the road, the same road LE had blocked during the CS investigation. It was written on Feb 11. I am copying and pasting because there were many replies with names and their companies names. -- "I am not trying to *****, just share a bad experience and warn others. Last week I had a load scheduled to pick up at Indiana Packers in Delphi, IN going 60 miles away. I arrived at Delphi the day it was scheduled to load in the allotted time frame. When I arrived there were 2 other trucks waiting to live load pmb in front of me. I checked in with the rendering loader and was told it would be questionable whether they could load me on Thursday night or not. I waited and talked to the third shift loader and was told they would not be able to load me until Friday around 14:00. I had 4 hours there and ended up leaving without being loaded due to other load obligations. I made arrangements to come back on Friday to load my same load# in order to satisfy my commitments to my customer. I returned Friday around the same time to get live loaded and also found out the sales person at Delphi decided to load a drop trailer with my load#. When I arrived there was a driver that had been there waiting since 11:30 in the morning. While he had been there they had loaded 2 dropped trailers in front of him with each load taking 4 hours to be made. He finally got loaded at 23:30 that night. I waited my turn to be loaded and got backed in. When they started loading me they run out of product after 18 tons. They asked me to drop my trailer and come back Monday at noon to pick up my trailer and finish getting loaded. In all I had 18 hours of delays and three trips there to pick up a load going 60 miles and paying around $400. I invoiced Indiana Packers $800 for delays, a truck ordered not used and 2 extra trips. They came back and offered me $400. My warning is to anyone scheduled to load at Indiana Packers is to be aware of long wait times and delays due to the fact the rendering sales person will tell you that live loads have priority when in fact she loads drop trailers in front of liveloads even if you are already there waiting. I would also recommend getting confirmation for detention charges before going in there to load. I would hate to see the same thing happen to another driver." FYI, this is not an isolated incident. There are other recent comments online about the wait to pick up a load at the Delphi plant written by others.

After dropping the trailer, I think the tractor rig could be parked at the back of the cemetery without attracting much attention, or maybe there was another convenient place to drop it. Perhaps he had gone to the trail on other occasions while waiting but this time was different, due to whatever was going on in his head/heart. If he had taken one or both to his truck it could explain why the phones pinged at different locations. I believe truckers who do these acts use their truck for the privacy it affords and there are so many acceptable places to park it. I think he then dumped their bodies back down there where he could wash away some evidence and because he had to go back to the plant to pick up his load. Not so they could or couldn't be discovered; he wouldn't care either way because he would be long gone. I believe it explains why people in a small town do not already know who this is. And it also explains the billboards all over the country.
Libby must have been super covert in making that recording that he would not have a clue!

I think a bobtail semi truck would stick out like a sore thumb at a cemetery, IMO.

That was a really interesting read. I clipped part of it because it's so long. But informative.

In my mind, I can't picture how far the packaging plant is from the cemetery. But it would be an area that someone would explore when waiting for a load. Although this guy was only 60 miles away so he could afford to leave and come back. But say you just trucked in from 200 miles away, you would be more apt to drop your trailer and wait. And while waiting you may walk around and check out the surroundings.

OT, the packaging plant needs to restructure their loading. What a complete loss of revenue all around.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=195...xM&usp=sharing
Here is the link to Skibaboo's map. You can see the plant on it due South from the bridge down N625W.

I see where he said he found out after 6:30, that people stopped by asking for permission to search his property. But I don't see where it says they didn't search until the next day?

Also interesting that he said there was no blood or other visible evidence that a violent crime had occurred. "Very pristine," he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're right. I recall this conversation many many threads ago that he gave permission that evening but they didn't search until the following day. I believe because they called the official search off around 7:30 iirc due to darkness.

https://fox59.com/2017/02/16/timeli...ty-german-and-abigail-williams-in-delphi/amp/

It is very possible, though, that they began searching that evening.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

This is an idea someone asked me go post concerning BG msy be wearing these type of goggles.
Not sure I agree but am willing to post for discussion.
Webseluths are trying to determine what the white wavy line in his FBI photo is.

I think I may be onto something.

I think he may be wearing VIDEO GOGGLES like these:
[link to [url]www.wareable.com (secure)[/URL]]

The sick thing is, people say he is wearing a watch, and I thought: "why in this day and age would somebody wear a watch with everybody having cellphones. Furthermore, why wear a watch to a murder?"

Well, a gps watch goes with these goggles. AND...(this is going to make everybody sick) there is a wireless camera you can buy with them...

So, I think the perp used the wireless camera to see if the girls were on the bridge by themselves, then, acted. Then as sick as he is, I think he recorded the murders with his video goggles, and used the gps watch to help escape if the cops were on his trail.

The squiggly lines in the goggles correspond to the squiggly white line in the perp's photo. imo.

This is an idea someone asked me go post concerning BG msy be wearing these type of goggles.
Not sure I agree but am willing to post for discussion.
Webseluths are trying to determine what the white wavy line in his FBI photo is.

[link to www.wareable.com (secure)]

The sick thing is, people say he is wearing a watch, and I thought: "why in this day and age would somebody wear a watch with everybody having cellphones. Furthermore, why wear a watch to a murder?"

[link to [url]www.wareable.com (secure)[/URL]]

Well, a gps watch goes with these goggles. AND...(this is going to make everybody sick) there is a wireless camera you can buy with them...

So, I think the perp used the wireless camera to see if the girls were on the bridge by themselves, then, acted. Then as sick as he is, I think he recorded the murders with his video goggles, and used the gps watch to help escape if the cops were on his trail.

The squiggly lines in the goggles correspond to the squiggly white line in the perp's photo. imo.

Are you aware of the almost white text in your posts? Might want to change the colour ;)

:welcome: to websleuths

Well, he said he was 75 yards away. That's not super close. I have been wondering myself how he could identify what he saw as the girls' clothing from that distance. Unless maybe he was viewing from above (perhaps with binoculars?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was there to document the scene. My guess is that the searchers already knew about the clothes (it was a searcher that found the body) so chances are he already knew what he was taking pictures of. Hope that makes sense.

I don't know what kinds of sports Libby and Abby were involved in--other than baseball--but is it possible that they had attracted an unwanted "fan" from the community or from a neighboring school community where they competed? Or from a local business where they shopped? Had they mentioned anyone paying unwanted attention to them? I wonder if someone was stalking them rather casually. Just enough to be a bit of a nuisance but perhaps not really considered someone to fear. Thought to be harmless. I grew up in a small town, and there were a few people that made us slightly uneasy, but we weren't really afraid of them. Don't know how we would have reacted had we run into them in a remote place. And we explored woods all the time. We were so lucky to have lived in a different time. Poor Libby and Abby were not so fortunate.

That was a really interesting read. I clipped part of it because it's so long. But informative.

In my mind, I can't picture how far the packaging plant is from the cemetery. But it would be an area that someone would explore when waiting for a load. Although this guy was only 60 miles away so he could afford to leave and come back. But say you just trucked in from 200 miles away, you would be more apt to drop your trailer and wait. And while waiting you may walk around and check out the surroundings.

OT, the packaging plant needs to restructure their loading. What a complete loss of revenue all around.

The best start on checking the trucking end would be to determine if the drivers picking up from there are on dedicated accounts or if loads are brokered out to various companies and owner/operater drivers. The type of trailer used and I'm assuming that would be a reefer trailer unless they received packaging or machinery. A dedicated account driver would drive the same route routine consistently. It would be great if anyone could find out how they handle the trucking.

I finally showed my husband the suspect's photo. After he put on his dad glasses while wearing his dad jeans he looked at it and said "THAT'S it?! He's wearing a ball cap."

Wish they had a better pic, or at least an improved one.

(I love it when the DH's weigh in. :)biggrin: )
(I think DH is websleuths lingo for "Dear Husband")

But I think it's safe to say...that case wasn't handled correctly from the beginning....LE had who they thought committed the crimes and disregarded evidence that didn't fit their theory.
West Memphis has never been solved.

Long time follower - first time poster. My dad was a truck driver - he entered the occupation when the steel mill he worked for folded in the 1980s. He passed in an accident in the early 90s - but I can tell you this, from my experiences. Waiting for loads was not uncommon. I can remember a few instances of my father going to a site and having to wait a couple hours to a couple days. Granted, he was a long-haul type of truck driver, and not a short over the road driver like some are. Also, I remember he had physical log books that he had to have up to date in case he ended up at a weigh station or was pulled over - but I also remember him talking about how people could easily manipulate the times on there. Things may have changed, ex. log books may be electronic now?, but those were two points I remember from his being a truck driver. Also, mention was made about possibly driving the truck to the location - but I would personally think that would be too risky, especially if he is an owner operator. That would be like leaving a business card out in the open for all to make notice of....UNLESS driving a semi to the location is common...then one wouldn't bat an eye at.
Great job posting so many different viewpoints/ideas re: the case.....I hope the perp is caught soon.

:wagon::greetings:

Skibaboo: I accidentally posted this to the media and map thread: Think you can find anything with all these Satellites? It's quite the map making service via overhead satellite assets and other technology. https://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/ A pro on SM suggested using it.

First off thanks for the new toy!! I got so into it I forgot I put bolognaise I made for dinner under the grill, to melt mozzarella on top, just a little bit extra crispy lol

I entered the 13th & 14th and didn't find any data under the options I thought would be right. I'll have a bit more of a play but is there anything specific I should be looking for?

the family and friends searched all night and I would assume some of them started from where they were last known to be, sc photo, and worked their way out from there. Looks like they had permission to search the private land that night. But even if they didn't have permisson at the time....would that stop you from searching there? Personally i would have started at the bridge and had family volunteers work out from there.
So maybe the girls were taken elsewhere and returned? This does not seem likely to me because surley searchers were near by the whole time so I don't know how someone would not have spotted that.

Hello, I'm new here. Rothco makes what the call hydration bags which could help explain the tubing around the suspects neck area.

I think a bobtail semi truck would stick out like a sore thumb at a cemetery, IMO.

Maybe so, but the end of the drive looks to be at least 500' off the road and wooded at the back of the cemetery. Depends on the color of the tractor whether it would stick out or not that far off the road.

So, if we indulge ourselves in an exercise where we pretend they definitely have DNA of BG from the girls' clothing (or otherwise :( ), could we presume that DNA would have results back by now? How early could they tell if DNA recovered at the scene matched DNA in their database?

My thought all along, like many people's I'm sure, has been that perhaps the urgency behind the billboard campaign etc might have come from them getting DNA at the scene and finding a match... or multiple matches... in their database for unsolved cases. That was where my own thoughts on "this is probably a SK" came from, personally... JMO... to be clear, what I mean is what if they've been taking DNA from crimes for a long time and have a database of unknown perp DNA and got a hit or multiple hits on that, indicating that BG has been leaving a stream of crimes behind him.. AGAIN THIS IS JUST A MENTAL EXERCISE, a "JMO" or "I wonder if..." sort of thing, if you will.

just some thoughts I'm revisiting now that I'm home and caught up and facingn the unfortunate probable facts about the clothing being found.

The best start on checking the trucking end would be to determine if the drivers picking up from there are on dedicated accounts or if loads are brokered out to various companies and owner/operater drivers. The type of trailer used and I'm assuming that would be a reefer trailer unless they received packaging or machinery. A dedicated account driver would drive the same route routine consistently. It would be great if anyone could find out how they handle the trucking.

That's a really good point.

I know I've never been able to use dedicated and always have to go through a brokers since my loads are always LCL. Maybe others could weigh in how it works with frozen meat, etc. in the food industry. Are they usually dedicated?

The blog I read regarding the delays was posted by independent truckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971