IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the one I was thinking of, not sure if it is what you are remembering. However, it is where Nin placed BG on the picture that had the long shot of the bridge, not the photo by Libby. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-7&p=13168326#post13168326

That might be the one Kat remembers, but not the one I do. The one I saw was the right foot down photo, just extended to the left. Thank you so much for finding that, though!!! I feel like I need adult supervision right now! ha!

At this point, one of the reasons I want LE to have another press conference and release more info is to help stop some of the false info being spread on various internet sites. Obviously giving us more information would probably be helpful in making BG more specific, but I think because there's little info available, people are taking the little nuggets of what we do know and turning them into ideas or speculations of things we just don't know.

Obviously that is kept at bay here on WS, but on Facebook and Twitter there's a lot of "I heard that yada yada yada." I don't think those people who spread rumors or misinformation have bad intentions, but I don't think they fully realize how dangerous that is to do.

Hoping we get more info soon, and that this doesn't turn into a cold case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've seen conflicting reports on the DNA. Maybe we can get a list going of the links.

Here is the one I was thinking of, not sure if it is what you are remembering. However, it is where Nin placed BG on the picture that had the long shot of the bridge, not the photo by Libby. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-7&p=13168326#post13168326

I think the photo you want to see is the one where it looks like he is leaning over to the left and a poster adjusted it to line up with the track so that BG is standing straighter and the 'arm' lines up with a tree trunk. I remember it. This isn't an image of a sleeve. JMHO based on already having this discussion ad nauseum many threads back. Hashed and rehashed and settled.

At this point, one of the reasons I want LE to have another press conference and release more info is to help stop some of the false info being spread on various internet sites. Obviously giving us more information would probably be helpful in making BG more specific, but I think because there's little info available, people are taking the little nuggets of what we do know and turning them into ideas or speculations of things we just don't know.

Obviously that is kept at bay here on WS, but on Facebook and Twitter there's a lot of "I heard that yada yada yada." I don't think those people who spread rumors or misinformation have bad intentions, but I don't think they fully realize how dangerous that is to do.

Hoping we get more info soon, and that this doesn't turn into a cold case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree 100%
Why they won't release a better picture or a small video clip is beyond me.
I just can't see that that is the best pic they could come up with from the small video clip from the phone.

So I've seen conflicting reports on the DNA. Maybe we can get a list going of the links.

Here's the one with the Sheriff after Fox59's report.

http://wishtv.com/2017/02/24/carroll-co-sheriff-clears-up-misconceptions-on-delphi-double-homicide/

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby is clearing up some misconceptions about the Delphi double homicide case released by other media outlets on Friday.
Leazenby said he has never confirmed DNA evidence was recovered in this case and said the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office is still taking the lead in this investigation.

Thank you but that's not the one I remember either. It was the very 1st photo presented and then it changed (cropped, blurred) and I believe this is the one we have all become familiar with but there was another one and it was clearly taken behind tree limbs which suggested Libby was "hiding" at end of bridge in the cover of trees.

It doesn't really matter at this point...those girls were frightened no matter where that occurred and everything about him remains the same. So, I will just remember it and move on!! lol

People keep saying they don't believe the guy just happened to be there and see the girls, so it must have been pre-planned. I'm thinking that neither is the case. I'm thinking he's been hiding out in the area; he might be sleeping under the bridge at night, or maybe in one of the deserted buildings/sheds(?) close by and possibly going under the bridge for semi-private cleaning up or something. I don't believe that he was recorded while Libby was photographing Abby standing there because the picture of Abby was uploaded almost 1/2 hour before the video of him.

I've also wondered if he had his stuff (a bag of some kind with clothes and other personal belongings) hidden under the bridge and the girls saw it after they got off the bridge. If there was something that could identify him there, he may have decided to get rid of them to avoid being found - although he may have planned to assault them before that point. He may have also stolen a car from another town/city and had it hidden nearby. Once he was done there, he could have walked to the car, drove it to another area and dumped it/traded it for another one. It's also possible that he has a friend in town who had been helping him out (with food, etc.) who agreed to drive him somewhere else. That way there would be no sign of him, or evidence of the girls, at the person's house and no reason for that person to become a suspect.

No reason to believe this is the case, but something had to habve happened. :moo:

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyMom330
Question:
Did Abby have a phone, or just Libby?

Just Libby

Is there a MSM link for Libby being absolutely the only one of the two girls who had a phone with them on Feb 13? I've read it several times on the board but not in MSM.

You're right, but indeed a lot are in fear for their lives. More than people realize. My ex stole a car, pulled a gun in me, threatened to shoot me and himself. I talked him out of it and broke it off. I agonize every single day for not calling police. He stalked me. I moved up north, but he figured out where I was. He didn't have a vehicle, though, so he tried to rob an elderly woman. She wouldn't give him her keys so he shot and killed her in a park, ran to a bus and took it hostage for two hours.

There were a LOT of red flags. He wrote in a letter (I still have it) that he was angry and thought the mailman was stealing his magazines. He said someday he'd have power to destroy people.

I chose to ignore a lot. I was afraid. As I've said before, I agonize over this daily. I hope the person or persons who know this understand that they're going to feel this way, too. I hope they report this, otherwise their lives will be a nightmare forever.

Moo.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Big hugs! I'm so sorry this happened to you. You were traumatized and terrified. You did the best you could. Please don't beat yourself up. Running scenarios of "coulda shoulda woulda" keeps you stuck in the past. But here you are now, using your experience to add to our understanding of the paralyzing fear that could stop someone from speaking up. You never know who is reading here and will take your words to heart. Thank you for your brave post! :)

People keep saying they don't believe the guy just happened to be there and see the girls, so it must have been pre-planned. I'm thinking that neither is the case. I'm thinking he's been hiding out in the area; he might be sleeping under the bridge at night, or maybe in one of the deserted buildings/sheds(?) close by and possibly going under the bridge for semi-private cleaning up or something. I don't believe that he was recorded while Libby was photographing Abby standing there because the picture of Abby was uploaded almost 1/2 hour before the video of him.

I've also wondered if he had his stuff (a bag of some kind with clothes and other personal belongings) hidden under the bridge and the girls saw it after they got off the bridge. If there was something that could identify him there, he may have decided to get rid of them to avoid being found - although he may have planned to assault them before that point. He may have also stolen a car from another town/city and had it hidden nearby. Once he was done there, he could have walked to the car, drove it to another area and dumped it/traded it for another one. It's also possible that he has a friend in town who had been helping him out (with food, etc.) who agreed to drive him somewhere else. That way there would be no sign of him, or evidence of the girls, at the person's house and no reason for that person to become a suspect.

No reason to believe this is the case, but something had to habve happened. :moo:
To be

The problem is that he has left very few loose ends, a casual killer would have left many more traces and this only left a photo which we do not know if it belongs to him.

Big hugs! I'm so sorry this happened to you. You were traumatized and terrified. You did the best you could. Please don't beat yourself up. Running scenarios of "coulda shoulda woulda" keeps you stuck in the past. But here you are now, using your experience to add to our understanding of the paralyzing fear that could stop someone from speaking up. You never know who is reading here and will take your words to heart. Thank you for your brave post! :)
Thank you. It happened nearly ten years ago, but I'm trying. <3

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

It sounds same, but it was on a FB of a Delphi resident ....from before the murders. So creepy

I don't know what it is about this case-- I haven't felt this way with others-- but I feel as though I need to make myself a FAQ with links at the ready.

Links at the ready - media thread - link to it in post #1 ;)

Ok, someone asked about that being Abbys sleeve in the photo. Which had been discussed a lot already (strangely, I have seen very little about it in re-reading the threads). Someone said it is a tree and linked to a picture. But, that picture was the double picture. A few posts down, a different person just posted a link. That link had the photo with a tree over there. That person didn't say anything else in that post, other than the link. And it was a person that seemed to read here a lot but post here next to never--- like maybe 3 posts. I even went and looked at the profile and all of the posts were of very good information, like that photo, so it is a good sleuther, just quiet! :) And I WIIIIISH I would have gone and put it in the media thread immediately.

I remember that photo! But I can't remember anything else specific :( Sorry.

As I remember it, it was first reported they had DNA, then a day or so later one Sgt clarified that they did not say that, and they were saying that whether or not they have DNA will not be made public right now.

I remember that because I thought (and posted) that's it's a good strategy. BG will not know whether to feel safe, or whether he should be nervous.

I agree 100%
Why they won't release a better picture or a small video clip is beyond me.
I just can't see that that is the best pic they could come up with from the small video clip from the phone.

In the pc they said "it's the best we have". Of course that was more than a week ago, they might have been able to enhance it somewhat since then. If they did, I wholeheartedly agree, they should release it. But maybe this pic was really the best they could do with the footage they have.

I totally agree!!! They were cat fished ....the cute boy they were talking to turned out to b a creepy man!!!! Libby got spooked and took out her phone... Something made her do that... It all makes sense... It was a Monday afternoon, pretty weather, no school, let's meet at the bridge. BG had it all planned. He had to come out there prepared! It was not a random creep hiding in the woods waiting for a woman to pass by... Why would he want to take on two people by himself it would b a lot harder to control, won't he just wait until he saw a woman walking alone . He definitely knows the area. I imagine that he knows that trail isn't very busy on a Monday afternoon, it's February there are no leaves on the trees it would b easy for other hikers to see off that high bridge a man and two girls walking but he has been there he knows not many peoples are out there on a Monday afternoon and he knew right where to take them to b more secluded. Imo.. He knew those girls some how.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member