IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You sould not assume that you know what i would do. I would never drop off my daughter & a friend at a place like that, never. The couple of hours was enough time to kill them & get away so far. Jmo
Eta i was the mom on every field trip my daughter went on.

IT's quite clear that "you" in the post you quoted means "one" as in "a person" not "hey, Elley Mae, this is what YOU PERSONALLY WOULD DO".

jmo and hth

quote:

"You ( as in the person picking up the girls )" = "You" as in, not ElleyMae, but as in, "the person picking up the girls" as in "the person picking up the girls would likely presume yadda yadda yadda". Just re-read scarlett's post with the phrase "the person" substituted everywhere that "you" is placed and I think you will find it clearer.

I often find that my husband cannot process things when I use the word "you" instead of the word "one", so even though it makes me sound kind of pretentious or whatever, I now use "one" every time. Otherwise if I say "you would think someone would clean up after themselves" he will reply with "no I wouldn't, I know better". To which I often reply something like "everything isn't about YOU, you know" lol, husbands! (j/k)

*facepalm*

I grew up in a small town and at 14, we could legally ride mopeds anywhere and we did. Our parents no longer had to drive us to practices and other school events. We didn't have cell phones. And crime against children has declined a lot since those days.

When we say, "I'd never let my kid do that" - we're really trying to distance ourselves from the tragedy and it only serves to make us feel better and the victim's family feel worse.

It's a sad day when a 14 year old can't go to a public park with a friend in the middle of the day.

Exactly, I think people forget this is rural America! Low instances of violent crime, wide open spaces, a small town mindset ( where you know everyone and their business) .

Parents had no reason, till February 14th, 2017 NOT to let their teens walk there.

In Indiana there are many state parks, walking trails, and such. Many, many teens visit and enjoy them without parents.

Honestly , more bad crap happens at the local Walmart than corn fed Indiana ( usually)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they open up the railroad bridge to the public yet?

I was under the impression that the railroad bridge was not open as a walkway, but that the trail happens run past/around it. Photos have been posted showing post/ TTT< looks like that at both ends but no (no trespassing) signs, although those could have been removed. Jmo

I feel as though he is tech savvy. That's probably all he does all day long is sit on a computer because he has no friends and/or family because he's a socially impotent. Probably delusional and does nothing all day but daydream about his previous crimes and planning his future ones. IMO he was so focused on his attack that he simply overlooked the fact or forgot that there was a phone. He probably has a relatively high IQ but not much common sense. IMO he's narcissistic to the point of feeling like he wouldn't make this kind of mistake. Guess he was proven wrong.

Do you have a link to the article that mentions their clothes were in the water? I was gone all day yesterday and I'm playing catch up :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I read it yesterday- it was from a local young reporter- I think it is located on yesterdays thread- (Fri)
I will try to find it

I was under the impression that the railroad bridge was not open as a walkway, but that the trail happens run past/around it. Photos have been posted showing post/ TTT< looks like that at both ends but no (no trespassing) signs, although those could have been removed. Jmo

Those TTT posts are explained literally in the first 3 posts of every single thread here including this one.

Those are to stop motorists from even considering trying to drive across it.

This is the Monon High Bridge Trail. There have been numerous links shared to the local trail system and numerous videos, so if you wanted to check it out in more detail that should be easy to do. In fact, 1.5 seconds of googling grabbed me this to share with you. :) http://www.indianatrails.com/?q=content/monon-high-bridge-trail-delphi

It is open to the public. It is well traveled and well used. IT is a common hang out for local teens.

You sould not assume that you know what i would do. I would never drop off my daughter & a friend at a place like that, never. The couple of hours was enough time to kill them & get away so far. Jmo
Eta i was the mom on every field trip my daughter went on.

The families thought it was safe. They have to live with the consequences of that day for the rest of their lives. I am sure they regret allowing the girls to go every waking moment. They need our sympathy and compassion not any criticism.

I read it yesterday- it was from a local young reporter- I think it is located on yesterdays thread- (Fri)
I will try to find it

735e78b43bdf454c822a5088ac6e89d7.jpg

Exactly, I think people forget this is rural America! Low instances of violent crime, wide open spaces, a small town mindset ( where you know everyone and their business) .

Parents had no reason, till February 14th, 2017 NOT to let their teens walk there.

In Indiana there are many state parks, walking trails, and such. Many, many teens visit and enjoy them without parents.

Honestly , more bad crap happens at the local Walmart than corn fed Indiana ( usually)

I still won't let my kids walking a trail without adults, even in a very convenient location. US is way too big compared to its population. There is a trail here right by a library and a major local road, I still won't let them hike without adults. Because it only takes 1 hr to have the crime happen. Even though the trance is low, when it does happen, no reverse available. But again everyone has different parenting style.

So I have an ATandT repair man outside my home.

Baggy jeans, holster phone on hip, blue hoodie jacket. Right build etc.

I am sure he isn't BG but it just drives home the point even more that half the males in Indiana dress like BG.

Arghhhhh!

I still won't let my kids walking a trail without adults, even in a very convenient location. US is way too big compared to its population. There is a trail here right by a library and a major local road, I still won't let them hike without adults. Because it only takes 1 hr to have the crime happen. Even though the trance is low, when it does happen, no reverse available. But again everyone has different parenting style.

My sons are 19-20 years old. I still worry.

Bingo, and every parent has to make a decision on how to parent.

I am sure that the parents involved thought they were making the right decision.. hindsight is 20/20.

My kids are safely locked in the basement at all times. They can learn about society and see the world when they turn 26. (sarcasm)

So I have an ATandT repair man outside my home.

Baggy jeans, holster phone on hip, blue hoodie jacket. Right build etc.

I am sure he isn't BG but it just drives home the point even more that half the males in Indiana dress like BG.

Arghhhhh!

I be seen a lot guy dressing like BG too. Unfortunately he dressed too generic that day. But that voice is so unique, some body know him would recognize. I bet he is covered by someone he is close to right now.

Welcome to Websleuths!

:wagon:

I think it is assumed the bad guy is not tech savy based on the fact that there is a video of him out there. Meaning he wasn't smart enough to delete it from the phone or the icloud or wherever it was stored. Because the police found it quickly I think it is safe to assume they got it from her phone because they would have had to subpeona apple if it was in the cloud and that takes time

hmmm. Very likely her phone was on a shared family plan. My plan has the option to add a child and it gives me access to their cloud and I can limit their usage and downloads. Maybe the family was able to give LE info to the cloud. It has not made any sense to me that he left the phone behind, or that he didn't know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member