IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truckers Against Trafficking does a lot of communication about crimes against women and children. They have a Facebook page. However, I think they have been contacted already. In a much earlier thread, someone talked about contacting an administrator. The description of the group sounded like TAT, but the poster didn't specifically mention the name.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I am the one that posted about being in contact with the administrator of a trucking FB page. It was Truckers Missing Child Project, not Truckers Against Trafficking so feel free to reach out to them.

The administrator I have been in contact with is very helpful and very active nationally and will contact LE with any possible info.

I agree with this theory also. I think the guy used a burner phone to converse with them or just one of them. He may have used a voice changer also to disguise it in to a younger sounding boy- Also, I feel Libby took her phone and used the reverse image on the camera to monitor his actions while he walked behind them. She probably took the pic of him this way also- reason why it was not in focus.

I really think the "meeting a boy" theory is way off base. With Snapchat and FaceTime and live streaming, kids know who they're talking to right away these days, and if someone avoided communicating like that the kids would know something was up.

My daughters have made several online friends and I know for sure the people they're talking to are real and not creeps because of this technology.

The fact that he left the phone behind shows he's not very tech savvy. At the least he could have thrown it in the water and ruined it.

I think this was a crime of opportunity. Same with Elizabeth and Lyric, but I don't think the two cases are related at all.

I sent in a tip and don't like the way the tip form is set up..it's a generic form with no place to put the topic but in the last section marked "information"..I hope they have a computer program that sorts out key words otherwise it would be a laborious process to visually scan every info section to see who or what the tip is regarding.
just my 2 cents

Did you email the tip, or call it in?

I have been thinking about the recording of what sounds like "go down the hill" or Git down the hill" and why they did not let us hear more of it. This may sound crazy, because I am in a benadryl induced coma right now, but I am wondering if he cursed at the girls, saying
"Get f-ing down the hill." It would explain the "G" sound we seem to hear before the down the hill.
Sorry if this seems crazy....I am new to posting.
It would explain why they could not play more of that section of recording, because of the cursing.....MOO.

Ive been listening to this sound clip too and just a few observations that are JMO. I may be wrong about these. Its just what I think I am hearing from this very short clip.

*I believe we are hearing footsteps spashing in shallow water

*I believe we are hearing wind too in the background

*to me it sure sounds like he has a mild accent of some kind. At the end of the word "there" is when it seems most noticeable to me. I think he has a slight accent and the only thing that it resembles to me is maybe a slight british accent or possibly a slight canadian accent. I may be totally wrong and no offense to anyone. Its just what I think I am hearing from this very short clip. Below is the link to just the audio clip

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

The last interesting thing to me is I believe we can hear slightly more in very front of the first part of the sound clip and its more noticeable when we hear it from the original news conference. If you listen to the sound clip when watching the video of the news conference there is a very brief 1/2 second of sound right before he says the first infamous "down there" and i think in the original news video it seems to come out better for some reason. The news video is in below news link.

At 00:30 is where they begin to play the sound clip in the video.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/22/down-hill-indiana-girl-recorded-killer-in-chilling-audio-police-say.html

ETA I see where some and even the news story thinks he is saying "the hill" . I seem like I hear "down there". It just goes to show that I could very well be wrong. LOL

We need another bread crumb released to help with this case. Its so frustrating having so little to go on.

LIBBY LEFT US HIS PHOTO. IT NEEDS TO BE ON BILLBOARDS EVERYWHERE with the $200,000 reward. Just him, LIFE SIZE, both photos. Billboards work, THEY WORK.

Isn't there 6000 billboards already? It's not working yet, unfortunately.

I just came to post this! Is there a thread for Jackie Watts yet? About 120 miles from where Abby & Liberty were found.
Yes. There is a thread that has been up since 9:30 last night.

I don't know, I am standing by my original statement that it is not anonymous. All of the examples in the article were solved.
It does not appear kik is what was key in solving them, though. In one case, the child showed messages to neighbors the day before the assault. She was also able to give details about the hotel location and could see the IP address matched the hotel's WiFi. There are many ways to mask IP addresses. The other info kik can release is user names, email addresses used for registration, etc. All of that can be fabricated and lead to dead ends.

I work with law enforcement regularly and with victims of crime and sexual assault - this is a real problem area in many cases. Whisper, yik yak are others. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The information that can be obtained is extremely limited.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/02/06/us/social-media-apps-anonymous-kik-crime.html

"Kik is the problem app of the moment,” said David Frattare, commander of the Ohio Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, which includes hundreds of law enforcement agencies. “We tell parents about Kik, and to them it’s some earth-shattering news, and then it turns out it’s been on their kid’s phone for months and months. And as a law enforcement agency, the information that we can get from Kik is extremely limited.”

That's definitely not true. LE got like 30,000 messages from Justin Ross Harris's kik account. Edit: actually, I think it was a Whisper account, sorry. But similar, and still not totally anonymous.

I do too as in "g' down the hill."

Yeah. I keep hearing "there" and others hear "hill". I added a note about that because I of course could be wrong. Its so frustrating with so little we have to go on.

Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot there was another interpretation.

That's definitely not true. LE got like 30,000 messages from Justin Ross Harris's kik account.
Yes, the actual devices store the messages - if they have not been deleted. So, if you have the device, you can see messages. The women also had the messages on their devices to share in the case you referenced. The anonymity comes from the limited information stored on the server. You cannot access the actual message content from the server.

To stay on topic, I mentioned kik just as an option to how this could have an online link and investigators still may not know who the person is. He could have used anonymous info during registration and if they do not in fact have her phone, it would be difficult to know what she was talking about on the app.

This is just one theory and there are no facts that prove this had anything to do with chatting or SM.

Last night something jumped out at me on the picture and I'm not sure if it's just me starting to see thing because of all the staring or if it's there. I have played with the photo to see if it's really there or not..
I'm not seeing his hand in this pocket but to his side grappling something.. is it me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have had the same thought. Now I know absolutely nothing about guns, knives, holsters or sheaths but it looked like some type of a handle sticking out. A couple nights ago I came across the frontier leatherworks site while looking for a leather pouch. I had never seen anything like this before. They do all kinds of custom holsters etc. Lovely work. I did come across a gun holster that was sideways...if that is the right description...I am wondering if knife sheaths attached to a belt could be in that position as well. Really noticed it here....and the shadow of the pouch. Have included an example of their work.

BG.jpgholster.jpg

The item in his pocket now looks like a bottle of water to me. You are correct about his hand I think.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
It looks like a bottle of water to me too.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

A photo of unknown origin has been removed. Please don't continue to discuss it.

:tyou:

I'm catching up on a few posts from yesterday. I read the post from the reporter who claimed to see the girls clothing in the creek. If this is indeed true it changes the idea to me that Libbey still had her phone on her. I suppose she could have dropped it along the way but that would risk BG seeing her do so. I think the phone went it the creek with her clothing. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Let's FOCUS on getting his photo viewed by everyone we know and the public at large. Billboards, truck stops, in all states. This is how He will be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668