IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean to be rude, but what does this have to do with case? No rudeness intended.

That has been brought up before and morphed into the discussion of his hand is going into a fanny pack/belt holster/nether regions (or what people feel is one of these). I have felt his hand is not going into his pocket because it does not line up. I am reporting the gif just because its easier to see what I am saying. Also, I don't see a fanny pack or such however, that does not mean there isn't one there. I just cannot say with full conviction.
attachment.php

*eta: I feel he is turning towards them in this image at first his eyes look at them and then down as he pivots

This animation has helped me notice a few things:
1. The brightness / color of the two images is quite different, look at color of wood on the bridge walkway between the two.
2. The "logo" on the brown fanny pack like object appears to be the same thing causing a more pronounced shadow or dent in the next image which looks more like a hoodie.
3. The goggle like thing under his chin originally appeared to have rotated 180 degrees between images. It hasn't, additional portions of this object near his mouth are just more / less visible between the two photos.

Here's a link to the post https://www.facebook.com/jkyle.keener/posts/10209763404819911 (I sincerely apologize if this is not ok...I knew screenshots are not ok...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not very tech savvy so maybe there is a logical reason for this .... if the girls were only missing, as far as everyone knew on February 13th ... how is this guy able to post about the murders at 10:49 pm on the 13th?????

The bodies weren't discovered until February 14th in the afternoon.

Strange!!!!

MOO

I don't mean to be rude, but what does this have to do with case? No rudeness intended.

All good. The identity thought (pre-paid debit to buy burner phone or non-registered phone) is something a few have brought up as hard to do or takes special skills or is too much of an effort to do, but my thought is someone who is methodical and a very organized, possible SK is going to make all these steps and more is all.

I am not very tech savvy so maybe there is a logical reason for this .... if the girls were only missing, as far as everyone knew on February 13th ... how is this guy able to post about the murders at 10:49 pm on the 13th?????

Strange!!!!

MOO

different time zone i think? not sure though.

Hi there!

I'm trying to follow this case but there is so much and on the same time so little to read. I do have one question, why don't they show the whole photo? I mean, some say that it was a person walking next to him. I honestly don't think its a person but maybe a part of the bridge/trail/wood. Doesn't look like an arm with curves to me.

attachment.php

I don't think it's a person cropped out of the picture. That doesn't make sense to me that LE would crop someone out and just leave a tiny part of the sleeve. I also believe the best version of the photo is the original one released by LE. Enlarging the photo only reduces the quality of the image. IMO

All good. The identity thought (pre-paid debit to buy burner phone or non-registered phone) is something a few have brought up as hard to do or takes special skills or is too much of an effort to do, but my thought is someone who is methodical and a very organized, possible SK is going to make all these steps and more is all.

I believe it's in all those steps that someone made a mistake and the police/FBI will eventually find it.

I'm trying to find some info on touch DNA. I remember reading it takes longer for the results to come in. Does anyone know?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Strange!!!!

MOO
The clock icon shows the post was back dated .
https://www.facebook.com/help/301591769889792

Strange!!!!

MOO

I wondered the same thing. I believe it was asked in the comments under the photo (maybe somewhere else...) and the answer was either that the post was back dated or that the photo album had been created on that date Here's a link to the Facebook help about back dating https://m.facebook.com/help/301591769889792.

Simply put, I don't think it means anything significant. IMO, MOO, & such.

What I am a bit baffled about is that he allegedly threw the girls clothing in the river and left the cell behind. Seems a bit weird.
If the girls did cross the creek while trying to escape, and some clothes were found in the water, I think it's possible that he grabbed for Abby and got her sweatshirt. She pulled out of it and he dropped it as they continued running.

This was a Monday, a day off for kids that had a scheduled snow day that didn't get used, i walk on a trail in Md in the summer/fall & monday's were the day that had the least amount of folks.

There seems to be three (3) hours between the suspect image taken and the family going to LE, that is alot of time. If they left to go to LE then even more time before they returned to look that evenong before it got too dark.

Seems that the time of day was not a time for someone to be there on their lunch break. I walked at two(2'oclock) because it was when there was the least amount of people. When i walked at noonish then i would see more people on their lunch breaking walking. Some that would meet there at lunch time to meet and walk.
If the ride showed up by 3:30 as planned, I believe they all got off the bridge and he abducted them, did whatever he did and got out of sight within an hour or so. I would expect them to sit there for a while waiting for the girls, get out and yell for them when they got too impatient, then look around for a while before really starting to worry at all, They may have then called other family members to see if someone else picked them up, and friends to see if anyone had seen or talked to them. When none of that helped, someone decided to call LE and report them missing. MOO
Well that makes sense with the press conference held shortly after the girls were found and the police chief told parents to keep a close eye on their children and to be aware of what they were doing. I wondered at the time if the police had evidence from the phone that the girls planned to meet someome......But if the police did, why not let the public know?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
They have said they don't believe that SM was involved. I think they said it because they had the video/audio and knew there was someone dangerous out there.
The families thought it was safe. They have to live with the consequences of that day for the rest of their lives. I am sure they regret allowing the girls to go every waking moment. They need our sympathy and compassion not any criticism.
I agree. The girls had been there before, and it sounded like it was fairly often. There was no reason to expect anything like this to happen. I think it's healthy for kids to be outside and get fresh air and exercise, but it's getting harder and harder to find a safe place to do it. MOO

Strange!!!!

MOO

He edited his comments on the photographs he had posted of the searchers on the 13th. He was taking photographs of the search before the bodies were found. If you click edit history it shows he edited (it shows as February 15 at 3:29am for me in the UK so - 5 hours for EST) to add location as well.

Does anyone know the answer to the following question? I have googled it but can't seem to find a satisfactory answer.

If DNA is collected from a crime scene and doesn't match anything in the databases, does that DNA stay in the pool of the DNA database with a note that it was collected from an unsolved crime so that it's available for a possible match somewhere down the road?

My question comes from the fact that we have no information as yet as to DNA match. (I'm not even completely sure that DNA was collected at the murder scene of the Delphi girls; I've seen news reports that there was then a news report that negated that, so this question might be moot.)

My point is this: if DNA was collected and there was no match, then that's why LE hasn't reported anything, as I'm sure something should be back by now - almost 3 weeks. According to research I've done about DNA anaylsis, it seems the results would available now.

Another other possibility is that there was DNA collected, and there was a match, and LE is just researching and building their case before they bring in the suspect, if they indeed can find him.

If there was no DNA as some reports have alluded to, then I'm still interested in finding the answer to my question above with what happens to DNA info that didn't match what is in the current database.

Thanks to anyone who has an answer.

So long as the unidentified DNA was entered in CODIS, it should remain there. DNA processing, however, is not a fast process. I'm not sure on specifics of how long it can take to get DNA entered into CODIS, but once that is done, you have to also wait for hits, which can take time as well. I'm sure they can put a rush on DNA processing, but this stuff definitely takes time.

My guess is if they get a CODIS hit, they are bringing in the suspect for questioning, and if they can't find him, they're going to ask for help (be it public or from other jurisdictions, FBI, etc). A DNA match to a name would be huge- not only because they already know what the suspect looks like, but because if the DNA match from CODIS was found at the Delphi crime scene, that is going to be hard evidence to explain away.

If they enter DNA and get a CODIS hit, but that suspect is also unidentified, at least it's another (big) lead, as they have another crime to compare to, but it obviously wouldn't be as exciting as getting a match to a person in the system.

My guess is they hope they can identify the person before waiting for a DNA confirmation.

IMO, the journalist's Facebook post isn't weird or creepy in any way. Unless you are unfamiliar with being able to change the dates of your posts, it's going to seem odd.

He probably posted the pictures of the search on the 13th. The next day whenever their bodies were discovered, he added more photos and made the post into an album, thus changing the post to saying they found their bodies. He also changed the dates to be more accurate with the timeline of events instead of posting multiple times.

It's really not weird or creepy at all, JMO.

amp.theindychannel.com

By Jordan Fischer | Updated Feb. 15, 2017, 12:33 a.m. EST
Indiana conservation officer saves life of suicidal man alone in the woods

By Jordan Fischer | Updated Feb. 15, 2017, 12:33 a.m. EST
INDIANAPOLIS -- A distressed man called 911 Monday, saying he was attempting to take his own life in a heavily wooded area along the White River. That call was routed to an Indiana conservation officer, who found the man and saved his life.

Article Continues Below

The call came in around 3 p.m. that a possibly suicidal man was somewhere along the White River in Southwestway Park, along Mann Road on the far southwest side of Marion County.

The nearest person who could help was Indiana Conservation Officer Nick Wilson, who began searching the trails in the area on his ATV.

Dispatchers were able to provide Wilson, and IMPD officers who were also patrolling the area on foot, with only a broad search area from GPS information from the caller's phone.

Article Continues Below

According to the Department of Natural Resources, the caller was in-and-out of consciousness throughout the search. He eventually became lucid enough to tell dispatchers that he heard Wilson's ATV in the distance, allowing the officer to narrow his search and, ultimately, to find him.

Above: Indiana Conservation Officer Nick Wilson

Once he arrived once scene, Wilson saw that the man had cut himself deeply and was in serious distress.

"Once I arrived on scene, I knew that he was losing blood rapidly," Wilson said. "At that time I took out the tourniquet and applied it to his arm. I was able to stop the bleeding at that time."

Article Continues Below

It was 20 minutes before any other responders were able to make it to Wilson's location.

"During that 20 minutes I kept talking to the victim, calming him down, making sure he knew everything was going to be alright," Wilson said. "He wasn't able to talk to me, but I believe that he was able to listen to me, through head movements. I calmed him down as best as I could."

An Indiana State Police helicopter was used to direct EMS to Wilson's location. Once on scene, medics transported the man to IU Health Methodist Hospital in serious condition.

Wilson, who's been a conservation officer for five years, said the call was a first for him.

"I knew it was part of the job. I signed up for this knowing that one day I could get into this situation," he said. "But due to our training, our first responder training, I felt comfortable showing up on scene and helping him out."

I wonder could this of been Bridge Guy????

Or the weaker link of a pair of killers (the suicidal disaffected one).

There are rest areas/welcome centers at the state lines on all major highways. The picture needs to go up in the restrooms. Thousands of travelers stop there everyday.

Churches should post the pictures and ask for help from their members from the pulpit.

It should be a nation wide search where everyone is LOOKING for him but we are all too busy with our own navels. Sorry, that is the way I feel. Not enough attention is paid to the important things, like catching a murderer of children. We use media for things like reality shows of truly dysfunctional families instead. We can do better if we demand media attention to the things that really matter. Rant over.

JMHO

Strange!!!!

MOO

If you look at the edits, most of that stuff was added on the 14th, after they had been found. I think the original post was about them missing, and updates were added after they were found. The original date still shows up as the date posted. MOO

ETA: I guess Skibaboo already said that while I 2 finger typed my response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro