IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question, and on the surface it may appear to be one of those smart-aleck questions...............but not really.

The reward for the apprehension and prosecution of the killer in this case is up to $200,000

Question: Will the IRS make the person who claims the reward pay income taxes on it, or is it tax exempt ?

According to the instructions for the form 1099-MISC: "A payment to an informer as an award, fee, or reward for information about criminal activity is not required to be reported if the payment is made by a federal, state, or local government agency, or by a nonprofit organization exempt from tax under section 501(c)(3) that makes the payment to further the charitable purpose of lessening the burdens of government. For more information, see Regulations section 1.6041-3(l) http://www.taxgirl.com/terrorist-informers-rewards-and-taxes/#sthash.00hcy5CY.LDugIW96.dpbs

The dog restraint idea is great. Perhaps something that is used for pigs or dogs? I wonder if any were recently purchased in that area. <modsnip>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But the murders in Delphi are just two of the many unsolved, high-profile cases in Indiana and nationwide. As cases like the disappearance of Indiana University student Lauren Spierer show, widespread public interest does not always translate into case-solving tips.

Riggs said detectives feel the pressure that comes with high-profile cases, but no one can apply more pressure than the detectives themselves.

“It weighs on them during their career. If it’s unsolved by the time they leave, it weighs on them all the way through retirement. Some detectives you talk to it haunts them the rest of their lives,” said Riggs.

“Usually they’re high-profile because they’re so difficult to solve and it’s so unusual, what’s occurred,” said former Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department chief Troy Riggs.

“Something we say about any homicide case: The more people get involved in the community, the better the chances are that we’re going to solve a case,” said Riggs. “Sometimes it’s a small little tip that puts someone in a place at a certain time that leads to a big type of crime.”

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...s-its-a-small-little-tip-that-solves-the-case

This is a good video update.

A retired trooper now working with McAfee helped him make state police connections.

"It just won my heart," said retired trooper Todd McComas. "Just because I took the uniform off doesn't mean that I don't feel the same way I did when I did wear it."

https://www.wthr.com/article/mcafee-felt-gigantic-responsibility-to-make-reward-fund-contribution
Rsbbm

Oh. I. LOVE. This! This is the kind of treasure that keeps me hopeful as I slog through this sea of grief, outrage and frustration. <3

Do you know how most teenage girls giggle and carry on? I wonder if BG was walking by them, they giggled at whatever... could just be the awkwardness of seeing someone else there... but BG thought they were laughing at his appearance. Maybe he has a history of psychosis and paranoia... and this set him off. The further he walked away from them, the more they laughed at whatever they were laughing at... but he thought they were laughing louder AT HIM.

He doubled back to confront them and they started to walk away back across the bridge. . That;s when he pulled a gun to "teach them a lesson".

Just the location makes me think this was not necessarily premeditated attack.

I hesitate to say it this way... but if they were JUST MURDERED (and NOT sexually assaulted), I wonder if uncontrolled rage from a paranoid schizophrenic might be type person they are looking for.

Anyway... I'm guessing like everyone else based on the little info we actually know.

I've thought the same. Maybe BG had recently experience a crisis in his life - divorce, break up of a relationship, serious job problem - and something the girls said or did sent him over the edge. Someone with serious anger issues. In fact, BG may have just gone for a walk there to be alone due to such a crisis and wasn't planning to commit such a murder. IOW, he just snapped.

I thought I just google Abby and Libby Delphi but instead put it in ebay and found this. [emoji849]Look at this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222421401505

Cecil The Lion Cub Abby & Libby Two Young Girls Killed Help Catch The Killer

I've thought the same. Maybe BG had recently experience a crisis in his life - divorce, break up of a relationship, serious job problem - and something the girls said or did sent him over the edge. Someone with serious anger issues. In fact, BG may have just gone for a walk there to be alone due to such a crisis and wasn't planning to commit such a murder. IOW, he just snapped.

Imo, This was a very well planned out crime. I don't think the two girls giggling, or anything they may have been doing, had anything to do with it.

I thought I just google Abby and Libby Delphi but instead put it in ebay and found this. [emoji849]Look at this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222421401505

Cecil The Lion Cub Abby & Libby Two Young Girls Killed Help Catch The Killer

What in the actually heck? First, that cheetoh doesn't look anything like a lion. Second, how gracious of them to offer half of the proceeds with a starting bid of $5k to the reward [emoji849]

And add to that it was the day before Valentines Day (maybe a stressor if emotional trauma), and the girls were taking pictures and video (and possibly being giggly/silly toward him). The flaw with the theory is that it makes him more likely to be a local, so why no recognition? JMO, and my first post in this case. But Occam...I don't know, I go back and forth on random or planned on this one.

I asked a detective about the hill. "It's a cliff." was all he said.

is this in reference to the hill the girls were allegedly told to go down? suggesting that it was so steep that they could have been ordered off something that would have caused injury (and made it hard for them to get away)? or is this about something completely different? sorry if i'm being dense.

Do you know how most teenage girls giggle and carry on? I wonder if BG was walking by them, they giggled at whatever... could just be the awkwardness of seeing someone else there... but BG thought they were laughing at his appearance. Maybe he has a history of psychosis and paranoia... and this set him off. The further he walked away from them, the more they laughed at whatever they were laughing at... but he thought they were laughing louder AT HIM.

He doubled back to confront them and they started to walk away back across the bridge. . That;s when he pulled a gun to "teach them a lesson".

I hesitate to say it this way... but if they were JUST MURDERED (and NOT sexually assaulted), I wonder if uncontrolled rage from a paranoid schizophrenic might be type person they are looking for.

Anyway... I'm guessing like everyone else based on the little info we actually know.

View attachment 111805click <------------I was outside hangin' with some friends and enjoyin' the nice spring like weather.

I dropped in just in time to see that it's time to move to a new thread.......this time I thought I would take a selfie while doing it---->View attachment 111806

It's fine, it's fine !! I went to the insurance company and got it all cleared up----->View attachment 111807

And here I am...........................ready to sleuth !! View attachment 111808
Thanks for the laugh! I've been so upset by this case, so this was great! :)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Hi, all.

I have been keeping up with the news developments, WS posts, and my own research. From researching the origins and symbolic implications of Valentine's Day, to reading pages and pages of Delphi newspaper (I subscribed) reports of court-related activity---I'm going to give MY OPINION ONLY about what I'm thinking.

The perp(s) is/are fairly local, Delphi and/or surrounding towns. There are so many disaffected, drug-alcohol dependent, poverty stricken, and hopeless individuals. They flock together, find each other, strike up short-lived "friendships" based on shared pain. Mid to late twenties in one subgroup...mingling with mid forties and fifties in another subgroup. Within this population of men aged 20 to 50, there is a subset of males who have been completely abused, neglected and abandoned, many by their drug addicted mothers. Some of this subset has hope and still believes in "the American dream". Some, however, have lost all hope and have given up. Maybe they think about suicide.

My speculation is that one younger male who has given up, has bonded with one possibly older male who has fantasies of revenge and omnipotence. If perp #2 is not older, he is for certain smarter and more charismatic. Yes, I think there may have been two killers. They planned the entire thing detail to detail over time, and then waited for the right victim(s). On Valentine's Day, they were more than ready to pounce. Abby and Libby were there by chance, and this was a crime of opportunity. They were ready to execute the plan. Afterwards, the two perps probably blended back into their previous roles as disaffected, maybe even homeless, men. They have no connection currently, laying low. The younger more depressive perp is the weaker link. The older and/or smarter has covered all bases for himself. Except he may have a juvenile record of aggressive, criminal acts and aggression.

JUST MY OPINION.

The following is theory based on my belief that the murderer was at the Monon High Bridge trail that day hunting, waiting to commit a serious crime.
And actually, this theory of BG targeting any female (not specifically teen girls) can also apply to a suspect who lives in Carroll or the surrounding counties..

I agree with this. He was trying to target ANY female. It was a Monday, aren't most people at work and SCHOOL? I believe they were at the wrong place at the wrong time :(

Hi Everyone. I live in Indiana so this really hits close to home. Newly registered so I could "talk" to you lovely people.

I wanted to bring something up that I am not sure has been discussed yet..or maybe I missed it.

I know much has been said about the BG parking at the cemetery BUT if he did this would not his jeans be wet? They would be wet on the legs if he parked at the cemetery, walked through the creek to get to the other end of the bridge to meet the Abby and Libby.

I am probably way off base but had to throw that out there...

Our theories are just that - theories. We don't know if they/he crossed the creek. We don't know if there was one or perhaps more than one person involved. We don't know if the girls were lured there to meet someone or it was a random encounter.
LE think that someone knows this guy and that someone has their suspicions and that person will be the one link they need to the person who has done this.
So many tips, so many suspects, so many door to doors and so much information all like pieces in a puzzle. If that can be narrowed down by someone calling in and saying my husband didn't come home until really late that night and when he did he
Immediately showered and washed his clothes which he never does, then he turned the TV on and was glued to it and to his phone the rest of the night. He yelled at me and at the kids and well - he has a weird thing in the garage that I think fits on the end of his gun (he has a gun) and it makes it quiet and well - why would you need that. And I think I saw blood on his shoe but then his shoes disappeared.....
Well you get the drift. That one person can provide that illumination that LE need.
Unfortunately even if they do have a fleeting doubt about a loved one most people would quickly shut it down and push it away, say to themselves well he wouldn't do something like that.
The killers who operate on the 'normal' spectrum are the hardest to catch. The Bradley Edwards kind (Claremont SK).
He is a little athletics coach, a husband and father, a well liked work colleague / Mr Average Suburban. His neighbours described him as a nice guy. There was NOTHING to indicate that he liked to stalk, kidnap, rape and murder young women.
Is there signs with these guys, to those close to them......little things that in retrospect made sense? A little bit of a tendency to be overcontrolling. A lack of empathy perhaps at times when there should be empathy. A sense of humour that's a bit 'off'. A sense that they feel that most people are inferior to them. Traits a lot of people have. That are not killers. But nothing so overt to indicate the true evil within.

Do you know how most teenage girls giggle and carry on? I wonder if BG was walking by them, they giggled at whatever... could just be the awkwardness of seeing someone else there that may have made the girls giggle or laugh???.. but BG thought they were laughing at his him and his appearance. Maybe he has a history of psychosis and paranoia... and this set him off. The further he walked away from them, the more they laughed at whatever they were laughing at... but he thought they were laughing louder AT HIM.

I theorized about that way back in the beginning as well. This wasn't so much about sex as it was about anger and humiliation. A couple of school girls laughed at him when he tripped and stumbled on the bridge, so he decided to make them pay for it. Without knowing the details of the crime scene though, it's all conjecture at this point. I suspect there was a sexual assault, and after having read about their clothes being found in the water, I'm also convinced this perp did his homework when it comes to destroying evidence and corrupting DNA samples. I'm beyond shocked that no fingerprints were obtained after all of this killing...... but apparently they weren't. That's usually the quickest way to I.D. a suspect is through fingerprints. Anybody with a drivers license and anyone that has ever been arrested for any crime, misdemeanor or felony, has their prints on file.

Why do you think this? Because it was a random person? I dont understand the connection.

Link please. This fits my speculation of what might happen to the weak link of the pair.

What in the actually heck? First, that cheetoh doesn't look anything like a lion. Second, how gracious of them to offer half of the proceeds with a starting bid of $5k to the reward [emoji849]

OMG! How distasteful is that? might as well just title that auction, "Let me profit of these girls"! Some people have no shame!

I theorized about that way back in the beginning as well. This wasn't so much about sex as it was about anger and humiliation. A couple of school girls laughed at him when he tripped and stumbled on the bridge, so he decided to make them pay for it. Without knowing the details of the crime scene though, it's all conjecture at this point. I suspect there was a sexual assault, and after having read about their clothes being found in the water, I'm also convinced this perp did his homework when it comes to destroying evidence and corrupting DNA samples. I'm beyond shocked that no fingerprints were obtained after all of this killing...... but apparently they weren't. That's usually the quickest way to I.D. a suspect is through fingerprints. Anybody with a drivers license and anyone that has ever been arrested for any crime, misdemeanor or felony, has their prints on file.

First time posting, but here in Georgia there is no fingerprinting to get a Drivers License or any other type of identification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave