IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a sinking feeling that our perp isn't a convicted sex offender. I think he probably has offended before, but we would have a DNA match by now if he was an RSO, or he offended before the DNA system was put into place, although I think the former is more likely. Sigh. JMO.

It appears that Carter made this comment during an interview with news media, not during the course of the actual press conference itself. I was frustrated because I reviewed the press conference video today in its entirety, which I did not do when it first became available, and never heard him make this comment while speaking. But in looking at what you've linked here now, he does make that remark (to a reporter). Am I correct?

I guess I need to re-read the press conference transcript. They were discussing the PC in that article I posted and I thought that the question posed may have been once they opened up to questions...however I could very well be wrong. I've read so many articles and transcripts that it's possible I crossed my wires. I'll review again and apologies if I caused any frustration for you - although by listening it again to its entirety did you hear anything that stood out to you? Regardless Carter said it...which still bugs st me.

Ok, I concede, you are correct...Sorry, just joining the discussion this morning and haven't had my coffee yet. :blushing:

No worries BCA! We all see different things, I saw a panda bear under the bridge!

I'm just sitting here tooting on my lush cinnamon roll flavour e-liquid, with my vape box. I feel like I should go put on a hoodie :p

I quit smoking May 6th last year, when my husband was in the hospital. I made a promise to him but my hands got twitchy, especially watching the footy so I bought an ecig, then an epen and finally upgraded to a mod box. I found a little site that makes eliquid by hand and has a gazillion flavours but I've stuck to the cinnamon roll cos, I guess I'm addicted ;) I have whittled down to 6mg nicotine though

I still find it odd that the bodies being found on the 14th around noon yet not ID'd until the next day (15th) around 7-8pm? 20 hours? Were there other missing people? Yet it was threads back that it was open caskets. Idk just seems odd, and on top of it being said about either the audio/video being what nightmares are made of(or somthing to that effect. Very confusing.

attachment.php
This picture was shared on Facebook. This is the trail leading from the back of the cemetery (where no trespassing sign is) down to the river where the girls bodies were found. So it appears this is a well traveled trail.

Attachments

• 17190639_607506856123789_4962125139648370561_n.jpg
    17190639_607506856123789_4962125139648370561_n.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 633
I did find it interesting reading that a sex offender not only was joining in the discussion. He didn't appear to be leading people in any specific direction but more like looking for info. So I don't think he is our (but who knows). Scarily the thought occurs that he was plotting out his own escapades. Yikes. In any case he was removed from that group. RSO's aren't supposed to have fb accounts in any case. Hopefully someone reported him to LE for a look-see. MOO

RSOs try to learn knowledge from all cases to maybe use in their upcoming plots. They don't have to reveal their identity when register their FB account or most SM account. They can quietly join any discussions or follow anyone of their interest. There is nothing one can do about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a sinking feeling that our perp isn't a convicted sex offender. I think he probably has offended before, but we would have a DNA match by now if he was an RSO, or he offended before the DNA system was put into place, although I think the former is more likely. Sigh. JMO.

What year was the DNA system put into place ?

And would every single person convicted for murder in Indiana, lets say in 2001 100% sure be in that system ?
(I have a reason to ask that specific question)

I still find it odd that the bodies being found on the 14th around noon yet not ID'd until the next day (15th) around 7-8pm? 20 hours? Were there other missing people? Yet it was threads back that it was open caskets. Idk just seems odd, and on top of it being said about either the audio/video being what nightmares are made of(or somthing to that effect. Very confusing.

It isn't uncommon for identifying a body to take longer than it seems it should take. Here's a link that explains why it could have taken so long.

http://old.seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2023252017_mudslidefridayxml.html

"Families are not asked to visually identify victims, Haakenson said.“It is not like TV,” he said.
Haakenson said the Medical Examiner’s Office is already working with a list of those believed killed in the mudslide. Relatives reporting their loved ones missing were asked by staff to provide identifying information — eye color, hair color, possible tattoos.

They were also asked to call the missing person’s dental office and have it compile dental records, Haakenson said.

Haakenson warned that the process could take some time, and that officials might not identify more than two or three victims each day.

No room for error

Hots, the fire chief and the incident commander, said “this is a sensitive situation for the people who have lost their loved ones.”

The link talks about identifying bodies found in a mudslide (still gives you an idea though.) However, there are several missing young women in Indiana right now, some of them being teenagers. I'm sure they assumed thats who the bodies belonged to, but you have to be 100% certain before you declare that, which takes time.

Just a thought: not everyone who has an open casket should.

A source familiar with the investigation described the full cell phone recording as "the stuff of nightmares."
The one and only time I ever read that appeared in an Inside Edition article, and I hope it hasn't been released by any other media. When I read "a source familiar with [fill in the blank]"...I tend not to pay it any mind unless it is confirmed by an actual named individual. This seems to be the common ploy used by media to increase views and readership. JMO.

For anyone in LE to make such a statement would seem not only pointless, but also very cruel. However, WHEN this goes to trial: statements such as this would seem more likely in court.

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...-indiana-murder-mystery-as-reward-reaches-50g

I have often wondered "IF" the unsub was waiting at the end of the bridge for the girls. Made Libby nervous, hence the video pics and audio. Perhaps he wasn't waiting on Abby and Libby specifically but knew that school was out that day and there was a good possibility that kids would be at the park/bridge.

I agree. If he has offended before, which is likely, he has not been caught or charged (which is not uncommon). JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Quick question.....I don't believe it has been confirmed but....those clothes that were seen floating in the water.....have they actually been confirmed as clothes and if so, were they confirmed to be the girls' clothes? Or was it just some random trash or random pieces of clothing that may have been left behind by someone else who may have been fishing, hiking, etc?

Another thing that's strange to me, IIRC, I don't remember a lot being said about the way the bodies were found. Meaning, I don't remember them saying there was a lot of blood, etc. In fact, the little wording I do remember them using had many of us believing that they must have been strangled, perhaps, because it didn't sound like an otherwise gruesome crime scene. NOT TO DOWNPLAY WHAT HAPPENED, of course!

So, having said that, why then do they (LE) make it sound as though the rest of the video is very gruesome? AGAIN, NOT to downplay being strangled or drowned (IF that is what happened), but for them to say that the video would give nightmares and not something they'd want others to see (sorry, I don't remember word for word what was said), you would think that they would have been killed in a more gruesome way........i.e., shot, bludgeoned to death, cut, etc. Know what I mean? Just........something seems off. Plus they made some sort of mention about the way they were placed or posed? I mean obviously they aren't telling us everything, but those things have been nagging me.

In an interview, the landowner described the area as pristine (sorry no link). I think the audio alone would be quite disturbing. No telling what thismonsyet said or did. And no telling what these girls said or did to try and save their lives. It's not everyday that LE hears a crime being committed. I think the horror of the audio alone explains the emotion of LE at the presser. I get emotional just thinking about it. I know I would never want to hear it in its entirety because I would never be able to unhear it!

Personally, I have serious doubts this was even a sex crime. There has been nothing reported that would lead me to believe that it was, and some things reported make me think that it wasn't. For example, that LE suspected foul play. If they had been found raped/naked there would be no reason to suspect anything, they would know.

As for the DNA, I suspect they are running the DNA found on various items at or around the crime scene and not necessarily positively linked to the crime - trash etc. I remember seeing little flags next to such items in one of the pictures #1nana posted.

Dna system was put in place in 1994, congress approved.

Based on this video and where they show the L pic to have been taken on the bridge, roughly :48, I do not see any sort of road below as suggested previously where a car could drive down.

[video=youtube;_TFz4citG68]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TFz4citG68[/video]

Also, in this photo (in link below), you can see clearly the parts that were blown up on previous pages where someone made car outlines. IMO it is very clear that they are just shadows. From the trees. HOWEVER, there does seem to be some blurring (closer to the water) in that general location on the photos, but who knows what that means. Could be nothing.

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpr...s-snapchat.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&strip=all
If you watch the video posted by "No It's Not", you can very clearly see the road that is close to the south end of the bridge.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member