IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this appears twice, I have already posted it but cannot seem to see it..

Anyhow.. what if there were 2 perps. So BG had a purpose to scare the girls.. They might of bumped into a "random stranger" who offered to help them get away from BG by hiding "down the hill" .. perhaps they trusted guy 2 and followed him. Hence why no one else in the park heard screams or commotion?

Entirely possible!

I wonder if any of the surrounding Amish settlements have been checked out?
There was an article or interview where it said police were going door to door in the Amish area to provide the flyers. Sorry I don't have a link.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

It takes me to the article but for some reason not all my links seem to work for others. Can anyone else view the article?

It worked for me because I'm signed into google via gmail. Your link is a google link to ABCNews.

I'm hoping the families speaking on Thursday will be preceded by news of an arrest.

Is it wishful thinking, to think they announced yesterday (Monday) that family would speak to the press Thursday (3 days away) because they have been asked to hold off because LE expect important results from evidence to be imminent and they can make an arrest before then? Wishful thinking can't hurt, right?

Thank you for this image. I would have to say that he did not know his image (photo/video) was being taken. Jmo He may not have known the girl/s had phones.

Yes, great image. IMO he didn't know she had a phone or, at the very least, he had NO idea she was recording. I hope and pray it'll be his undoing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it wishful thinking, to think they announced yesterday (Monday) that family would speak to the press Thursday (3 days away) because they have been asked to hold off because LE expect important results from evidence to be imminent and they can make an arrest before then? Wishful thinking can't hurt, right?

That's what I'm wishfully thinking!

I wonder if any of the surrounding Amish settlements have been checked out?

Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

Slocum said officers passed out about 1,000 flyers Monday. The effort was focusing on the Amish and German Baptist community, who a lot of times don’t follow electronic forms of media.

“We just wanted to make sure we were getting the information out to everyone in this case,” he said. “And that’s just another way for us to get more sets of eyeballs on the information, hopefully giving us the tip that we need.”

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/28/stepping-up-search-tactics-in-delphi-double-homicide-case/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there only one official photo released by ISP from the very start and to date? I never saw the other photo with the ISP mark on the photo itself, never saw it at a presser, and only ever heard of one photo being mentioned by all agencies from 2/15 and onward.

I have always been curious about exactly when the second photo was released and even wonder if it was accidentally leaked by someone in LE. Just finding it odd that LE has never directly "claimed" nor referred to it.
This site shows both photos. Not sure when either one was released though. http://www.wndu.com/content/news/Po...pect-in-2-Indiana-girls-deaths-414260363.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I googled that wording and it leads directly to a blog (that is not allowed here). It is not from an ABC article, unless the blog writer stole it.

ETA: wait a minute - looks like the byline is Associated Press so the blog writer and apparently others did copy it
What I posted was directly copied from the ABC article. I would never post from a blog.

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews....et-bodies-found-search-missing-girls-45508701

Hello everyone, a very long time lurker here. I have really enjoyed reading your thoughts and opinions on so many topics. I thought I would join.

Here are my thoughts.

This location is very interesting in that it is rural yet one would expect activity on the trails. BG must be comfortable in a rural areas based on his attire and his ability to maneuver the girls to a more secluded location. I believe he acted alone.

I would have thought that he had been to this area more than a few times in order to setup this crime. However, I am doubting that since no one claims to have seen him (to our knowledge) on the trails before.

I am not sure if his main focus, before the attack, was the location or the girls. In other words, had he scouted the girls and chose the location based on their activity or had he scouted the area and waited for the right time and victim(s)?

I believe he parked at the cemetery and walked to the creek then on to the trail. He may have done this previously if he scouted the area.

I believe he passed the girls then turned around, followed to gauge their fear, then waited for the right time and location. I don't think much time passed from the initial encounter to him directing them to leave the trail.

I think his intent was a sexual assault. I am not positive he intended to kill them but it is likely.

I am at a loss as to how he controlled both girls. He may have used a gun to threaten them but, based on a fear of being heard and the "pristine" comment by the land owner, I don't think he used the gun to kill them. That leads me to think he constrained (at least one of) them with rope while attacking the other. Looking at his jacket in the picture, it shows plenty of room inside for rope and other items.

I think the attack occurred at or close to where they were found. I just don't see him taking them away and bringing them back.

I do think he left behind DNA. I would think it is difficult not to leave DNA. If he was that careful, I don't think LE would have the audio recording. That recording leads me to believe that at least one phone was left at the scene or close by.

Most likely, either the DNA or a tip from someone who is around him somewhat regularly will be what gets him connected to this crime. This could take months or years. I hope my guess on timing is way overstated and he is caught soon.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for letting me get out my opinions. The above is my opinion only.

Welcome! Great and insightful post. I believe you are SPOT on with your comments! Yes, yes, and yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got word that a friend of my co-worker (Muncie, IN) was visited by the state police today after being reported by his ex as the possible BG. I am sure he has been cleared but I wanted to share this bit of information as encouragement that the IN police are taking every tip very seriously and following up on any leads. If you have any information please don't be shy about reporting. The police should be able to clear someone quickly.

How did he know that it was his ex who reported him? Certainly LE doesn't tell people this...?

It takes me to the article but for some reason not all my links seem to work for others. Can anyone else view the article?

A different article but same

Authorities released two photos of a male who was seen on hiking trails around the time the girls were there and asked the public to help identify him so he could be questioned about what he might have seen.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/34518742/indiana-state-police-release-picture-of-man-they-want-to-ask-about-murder-of-two-young-girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody