IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iv'e been playing the game room games; trying to keep my sanity until the press conference. The link is in my signature. You can also go to the new posts link, two lines below the Websleuths header at the top of every page. The new posts link shows all recent active threads. Check it out!

I seriously doubt we will learn anything new of substance. Maybe the Grandfather will be "over" not having someone behind bars and release something off the cuff that the police wouldn't say, but the grandfather can get away with? Idk. Hopefully they say something that gives someone a clue and it brings this person in. Otherwise pleas for a turn-in may go on deaf ears unfortunately.

Has Abigail's family spoken out at all?
I wonder if they will be there also?

Article in DM suggests they will not take part.

"The family of Liberty German will hold a press conference on Thursday in the Carroll County Courthouse to increase awareness of the investigation. The family of Abigail Williams have decided not to take part at this time."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4294812/Indiana-teen-murders-police-no-closer-solving-crime.html#ixzz4apyHhVZR

[video=twitter;839827151310454786]https://twitter.com/EmilyWTHR/status/839827151310454786[/video]

Emily Longnecker‏@EmilyWTHR 52m
52 minutes ago

Heading to Delphi 2 hear from Libby German's grandfather Mike Patty. It's the first time we've heard from family since Libby & Abby found.

[video=twitter;839827911611924480]https://twitter.com/EmilyWTHR/status/839827911611924480[/video]

Emily Longnecker‏@EmilyWTHR 50m
50 minutes ago

At 10AM, we'll b live streaming Delphi News Conference on http://WTHR.com, the WTHR News App & WTHR's Facebook page.

You're no worse off than people who just plain visit facebook pages without realizing that a lot of people use the "who just visited my profile?" app with facebook.

There was a discussion here from people arguing about whether someone can see that people simply visited their page. People were arguing yes, no, and I never did see anyone actually get or give the factual information they were seeking: by DEFAULT no you can't see who clicked to view your profile. HOWEVER one of the most popular facebook app add-ons (aside from games like Candy Crush, and the add-on that lets you see everyone who un-friends/un-follows you on a daily basis) is the add-on that allows you to get notifications every time someone views your profile.

You will never know if someone has that add-on installed or not. I personally always assume that EVERYONE has it installed, that way I will never end up off-guard. JMO. I never click facebook pages without either logging out of facebook completely, or assuming the person at the other end may see a link to my own profile in a notification that I just viewed their page.

There are multiple versions and iterations of this app. Here's a generic facebook search for it that shows some results in case anyone is doubting that this is a "thing". https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=who's viewed my profile

Edited to add: yes the people who say just set your page to private and block him are spot-on. Great advice! So I will just add a brief moment of humor (hopefully) here - I advise that whatever you do, you DON'T change your facebook name in an attempt to keep him from seeing it, because my son's friend for some reason thought it would be hilarious to change his own name to "Hingle McKringleberry" and facebook made him keep it that way for 30 days minimum before it could be changed back, lol! kids!
Yeah, don't click those links it's not true. Also, it's in FB TOS. Those apps are a lure and just as bad as those bloaty "sweeper" apps and "virus stop apps"
Jmo, imo. But for real

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;839770145476251648]https://twitter.com/DoubleGee18/status/839770145476251648[/video]

gregory goggans‏
@DoubleGee18

Live in Delphi for what will be a tough day....coverage all morning on @WTHRcom

I went to school with Abi's mom back in the day. She was always reserved and a bit quiet. I can't imagine this level of exposure is easy for her.
Oh I can't either.
It just seems to me the family of Liberty is speaking.

Article in DM suggests they will not take part.

"The family of Liberty German will hold a press conference on Thursday in the Carroll County Courthouse to increase awareness of the investigation. The family of Abigail Williams have decided not to take part at this time."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4294812/Indiana-teen-murders-police-no-closer-solving-crime.html#ixzz4apyHhVZR

Ya know I hope all is ok between the families.

I seriously doubt we will learn anything new of substance. Maybe the Grandfather will be "over" not having someone behind bars and release something off the cuff that the police wouldn't say, but the grandfather can get away with? Idk. Hopefully they say something that gives someone a clue and it brings this person in. Otherwise pleas for a turn-in may go on deaf ears unfortunately.

I agree. My guess is Libby's grandfather will do any combination of the following (all on behalf of both families):

1) thank all LE and other agencies involved in the case for their tireless efforts in finding the killer.
2) thank the public (local, national and international) for their outpouring of love, prayers and support.
3) thank the local community and businesses for all their fundraising efforts. State their generosity has been overwhelming.
4) state something along the lines of how it has brought their tight knit community even closer.
5) talk about some of the ways they plan to honor the girls' legacy, including a memorial softball tournament in July and a memorial fund
6) possibly mention the reward money and appeal to anybody who knows the perp to come forward

I definitely don't think I could get out there and speak if it were me. I can't even speak in front of crowds to begin with. Let alone under these circumstances. But I would be sure to have someone speak on my behalf if for nothing more than to thank everyone for their support and to make a plea for those who think they may have info that may be helpful to turn it in. Such a shame for these families.

I'm sure this has been discussed (sorry).
I'm seeing Indiana in 2 times zones. Can someone confirm that Delphi is in Eastern? I see Tippecanoe county but not Carroll county. TIA...

Correct, Delphi is EST zone.
I'm sure this has been discussed (sorry).
I'm seeing Indiana in 2 times zones. Can someone confirm that Delphi is in Eastern? I see Tippecanoe county but not Carroll county. TIA...

I agree. My guess is Libby's grandfather will do any combination of the following (all on behalf of both families):

1) thank all LE and other agencies involved in the case for their tireless efforts in finding the killer.
2) thank the public (local, national and international) for their outpouring of love, prayers and support.
3) thank the local community and businesses for all their fundraising efforts. State their generosity has been overwhelming.
4) state something along the lines of how it has brought their tight knit community even closer.
5) talk about some of the ways they plan to honor the girls' legacy, including a memorial softball tournament in July and a memorial fund
6) possibly mention the reward money and appeal to anybody who knows the perp to come forward

I agree this is what will happen. IMO this is a total hail Mary by LE. Unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson