IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Patty said that Libby and Abby loved being around each other and were especially excited about the upcoming softball season. The day before they were killed, they got out their equipment and worked on their batting stances."

This is the first information we have received regarding the girls' activity prior to the day of the murder.

It's my understanding that they didn't recover DNA from the Iowa case because the bodies were too decomposed? I could be wrong however?

LE NEVER said that the cousins bodies were too decomposed to recover DNA.

They NEVER gave a TOD or a COD or mentioned anything about decomposition.

In the cousins case, one might assume if their bodies were out in the elements from the time they went missing until the time they were found, that there might not be any DNA recoverable....but LE NEVER said that they were sitting out in the elements for 6 months.

Hope that clears things up for you.

To clarify, Sheriff Tobe Leazenby spoke with a reporter which was published just two days ago, March 7, 2017 and would not confirm whether or not they had DNA. Evidence was sent for testing, but he would not confirm. Fox 59 got it wrong, and the Sheriff speaks to that. I apologize if it seems I am beating a dead horse, but I like to keep facts facts, and what is still not fact in the speculation pile. I think there is likely DNA, but until LE confirms it, it is speculation as far as I am concerned.

[video=youtube;K_ISwatrrpY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ISwatrrpY[/video]

Did you see my link to CBS4 article from yesterday making a comment on the DNA? Might be worth a read. Superintendent Doug Carter makes a statement about DNA.

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/03/08/fbi-...ogether-profile-of-suspect-in-delphi-murders/

It has probably been said numerous times before, but I wish that they could have a sketch artist draw out the suspects face with more detail (assuming they may have more of his face from the video footage). I feel it would be easier for others to recognize the suspect if they did that. MOO

To clarify, Sheriff Tobe Leazenby spoke with a reporter which was published just two days ago, March 7, 2017 and would not confirm whether or not they had DNA. Evidence was sent for testing, but he would not confirm. Fox 59 got it wrong, and the Sheriff speaks to that. I apologize if it seems I am beating a dead horse, but I like to keep facts facts, and what is still not fact in the speculation pile. I think there is likely DNA, but until LE confirms it, it is speculation as far as I am concerned.

[video=youtube;K_ISwatrrpY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ISwatrrpY[/video]

There were some new tweets and articles last night regarding sending items for DNA testing. Here's one of them:

Investigators say they’ve put evidence found at the scene on the fast track for testing to determine if any DNA from the suspect was left behind.

Police have not released how Abby and Libby died, but say the teens’ immediate family members know the answer.

http://www.wthr.com/article/please-we-need-your-help-libby-germans-grandfather-speaks

Ugh, had this all typed and page vanished...oh well. Anyway I worked a tip line years ago and cases with images like a c-store hold-up brought in tips like crazy, none helpful in the end. People see pictures on TV and long to get involved. The number of tips does not solve a case, obviously. Just the right one. But in a case like this, LE seems to have little choice but to hope the public comes through.

I still have seen very little on this case outside of WS links, as I seldom turn on my tv, never watch morning shows etc..millions of people remain unaware, Imo.

Anyway...today was about as I expected, unfortunately. It is really a shame that image can't be focused.

Jmo

This is from yesterday for anyone who missed it in the last thread:

[video=twitter;839602992399659008]https://twitter.com/EmilyWTHR/status/839602992399659008[/video]

Emily Longnecker‏@EmilyWTHR 19h
19 hours ago

Investigators say they have sent evidence found at Delphi murder scene to be tested for DNA that could belong to killer

I can't believe were over 3 weeks into this and we do not know if LE have DNA evidence from the scene or not. I hate to say it but if they do not have any DNA evidence this might never be solved

[video=twitter;839882422472884224]https://twitter.com/ISPLafayette/status/839882422472884224[/video]

Sgt. Kim Riley‏@ISPLafayette 33m
33 minutes ago

I am back to work and covering the Delphi case. Contact me if you need something.

If LE sees anything special about that jacket, they might do better to say so. It looks pretty generic to me.

I just want to compliment the Patty family for their participation in the press conference today. IMO, Mr. Patty's statements were well spoken and intelligent. He seems like a very kind man, despite the horrible things that he and his family are going through. It is obvious that Liberty was loved very much and will be missed. He was very strong. My heart goes out to Mrs. Patty. She looked to me like she is trying to be strong, but the pain she is suffering is obvious. Only love and best wishes to them.

:praying:

Did anyone ask if youths in the community are considered at risk? Should they be allowed outdoors without direct supervision? A brazen child killer is on the loose, after all. Should people be hyper vigilant? Lack of information is often the most telling. I sense urgency for justice on behalf of the girls but I'm not necessarily sensing it for the safety of the public as a whole? ‎

This is ALL JMO but I've felt since the onset this was a revenge type of killing where one of the girls was targeted [for reasons unknown] the other was collateral damage. I don't think it was sexually motivated or related to other unsolved homicides. I also sensed the girls didn't know the perp but may have felt he was vaguely familiar (aka not a complete/total stranger.) I don't think they sensed imminent danger as he approached, nor when he was being voice recorded but I do think the voice recording commenced after they became creeped out [for whatever reason.] *‎

I have wondered if this was a revenge thing, since early on. <modsnip>

I would like to add to that; not to mention anything about anybody who might be the target of somebody's revenge. There are certain people who we are never allowed to sleuth. Check with the rules of the site for more on that.

IMO the worst click bait article in this whole story came at the beginning, a couple of days in, when a site - I think it was that 59 site but can't be sure - had a headline that said DELPHI SUSPECT IDENTIFIED.

of course what the article said was "man on bridge identified as suspect in the double homicide".
And POOF 200 pages of posts on WS in 20 seconds...My head almost exploded as my notifications blew up my phone.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

:dunno:I live in the Midwest, and I was at Walmart this morning. I saw BG everywhere. He's so very Midwest-guy. Even the men who weren't dressed like him looked like him; young men, old men, middle-aged men, all of them. He's Everyman, Midwest Version.

Just a thought-the major college basketball tournaments start this week. The Big 10 is in Washington DC and the Big 12 is in Kansas City, Missouri. Alot of people from across the states including the midwest could see info. about BG and the girls if it was placed in the right location.

IMO the worst click bait article in this whole story came at the beginning, a couple of days in, when a site - I think it was that 59 site but can't be sure - had a headline that said DELPHI SUSPECT IDENTIFIED.

of course what the article said was "man on bridge identified as suspect in the double homicide".

Totally agree!! I keep seeing this title when I Google. It's completely inaccurate.

That could end up being an important clue (if you're right and somebody happens to come across it and put 2 and 2 together). We can hope anyway, right?
The jacket, in fact all of those clothes have probably been burned up with garbage. I am guessing that very night

Wow. This is beyond heartbreaking. I am so impressed with Mr. Patty's composure while he read his statement and responded to questions. And the LE officer was wonderful too.

I lost my 16 year old nephew in a car accident. Losing a young person is devastating. This case has me thinking often of my nephew. The abrupt end of a young life is tragic. It stays with you forever. When I see certain colors, I think of him. When I see certain places, things, people, everything, I think of him. When I see certain movie, hear certain songs, I think of him. He is in my heart and thoughts.

The experience of losing my nephew makes me wish I could do something for Abby and Libby's families. I wish I could find a clue or tip to help. I know the LE must be fully immersed in this case. I am just so sad about this case.

I'm sorry you lost your nephew.. He seems very special to you. I wish I could do more to help catch this creep. I do a lot of praying.

My local news here in NH just had a story on the PC. They focused mainly on whether or not there is a connection with the case in Iowa.
However, they did show BGs pic and ran the audio clip again.

IMO I feel maybe they do have evidence the man in this picture is related to the crime.They asked about his jacket.IMO I feel maybe his jacket is connected to the crime scene some how.DNA? Maybe he left it there somehow? Maybe someone will recognize the jacket someone was wearing before Libby and Abby's murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne