IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very sure this man without the hoodie and the jacket looks very different.
We don't know what he looks like

I think so and that it depends on the state. Virginia is notorious for keeping all of their information close to their chest. They rarely give anything away to the public.

I wonder if it's usual for LE to keep so much information from the public during a murder investigation?

We are trying to identify a man by what he wore that day.

There were some new tweets and articles last night regarding sending items for DNA testing. Here's one of them:

Investigators say they’ve put evidence found at the scene on the fast track for testing to determine if any DNA from the suspect was left behind.

Police have not released how Abby and Libby died, but say the teens’ immediate family members know the answer.

http://www.wthr.com/article/please-we-need-your-help-libby-germans-grandfather-speaks

Yes, and I understand they have and/or are in the process of sending every piece of evidence for every possible test, including for DNA. My only point is that LE is not stating they have or do not have DNA--only that they are testing for it. IMO, they will find DNA, especially since today's testing procedures are advanced and it would seem a challenge to remove DNA in the environment in which they were found. However, Sheriff Leazenby would neither confirm nor deny that they actually have detected DNA. And, until I hear that, and other confirmations from LE, I will file it under "I sure hope they have DNA" and under speculation.

Yesterday this article addressed DNA. It's a quote from superintendent Doug Carter.

“We are using every capable process that we have from a scientific perspective as everyone would expect us to, and we will continue to do that until there is nothing left to do. does that include DNA? It does."

I do believe they have DNA from the crime scene. The manner of death is not being revealed for a reason. Libbey & Abby's autopsies are piece of the puzzle. As you know there is no perfect crime & with the resources available this case will be solved, I truly believe. I loved what Mike Patty said about th girl's love for each other& the fact they are both heroes. I had a thought about the possibility of a forensic artist being able to recreate the face of the suspect through a sketch or a sculpture. I've seen amazing work done by these artists that was instrumental in solving a case. I'm thinking about sketches where the suspect was depicted with & without facial hair. What do you think? I also want to bring up the fact that le know much more than we do. They have more that was recorded by by Libby's phone that they can't reveal because it goes towards evidence in the case. I believe keeping the faith is important. At this point there is a large contigent of resources & personnel assigned. I was so touched to hear about the officer who cried @ the end of the news conference. This is personal many of le have children, grandchildren & are so dedicated to solving this case.

It has crossed my mind. At this point almost any theory is possible.[/QUOTE]

I'm not in any way suggesting that the girls were lesbian. Rather, some deranged individual could have targeted them as female athletes. The book, "Polygendered and Ponytailed" , describes in detail the negative stereotypes ad hatred some people have against the women athletes, beginning with the negative sanctioning of girls for being "tomboys". We're talking about a deranged killer here, unstable, a psychopath, who would act on these feelings. Just exploring. http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...na-hate-crime-law-st-0208-20170207-story.html

I'm surprised they haven't released video of him walking down the bridge. I would think that even if the girls voices were in it they could just strip them out?

I think so and that it depends on the state. Virginia is notorious for keeping all of their information close to their chest. They rarely give anything away to the public.

Thanks for the reply. It seems in Texas, in most instances, they give out quite a lot of information right away- especially in relation to how the person was murdered or if they were sexually assaulted. They seem to keep much smaller details that would only be known to the killer quiet.

I feel sick. LE is working so hard but IMO they have nothing right now :-((((((

We are trying to identify a man by what he wore that day.

True.

But, truthfully, as much as it seems like so little in some ways, is actually FAR, FAR more than we have known in many cases at this point - including ones we've seen solved.

Heck, we've had many we didn't even have a clue if it was a male or female, child, teen, middle-aged, or elderly person for a long period of time, let alone any idea of what they were wearing.

And even more amazing, the reason we even have what we do in public now - a male of a particular age range, with at least some relative specifics clothing wise - is thanks to one of the actual (juvenile!) victims!

We're actually FAR ahead of where we might otherwise be were it not for her!

Me too..What you said.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
This keeps showing up.
Seasoned sleuthers should know this information.
During interviews and press conferences,
"At this time," is a standard, generic phrase used by public officials, attorneys, law enforcement, first responders, etc.
Other phrases:
Our main focus
We cannot comment
We do not speculate
We cannot confirm or deny (addiction, mental health)

Yes, and I understand they have and/or are in the process of sending every piece of evidence for every possible test, including for DNA. My only point is that LE is not stating they have or do not have DNA--only that they are testing for it. IMO, they will find DNA, especially since today's testing procedures are advanced and it would seem a challenge to remove DNA in the environment in which they were found. However, Sheriff Leazenby would neither confirm nor deny that they actually have detected DNA. And, until I hear that, and other confirmations from LE, I will file it under "I sure hope they have DNA" and under speculation.

I really don't think they are going to tell us if they have DNA unless there is an arrest and maybe not even until there is a trial. But they have been collecting DNA samples from people while investigating this case so it's certainly possible they have DNA or that they are very hopeful that they do.

IMO IF they had the jacket, they would more than likely release a clear photo of it in order to jog someone's memory. FTR I have a very similar looking blue Columbia jacket. They are pretty common.
I don't think they have much other than the video and audio recording. We don't even know how long the actual video of the suspect is- it could be a 2 sec video for all we know.

I don't think his jacket is a Columbia or any brand name. To me it looks like one if those snap up coaching style jackets. Generic and inexpensive

I'm frustrated by the 24 hour TV news channels. They are all so wrapped up in "The First 100 Days" that I barely hear any actual news.

Perhaps it's the time of day I flip around the channels- 6 AM and then again around 8 PM, but it's all politics. They have the platform to put this guys face in front of millions. I'm sure they have, but I haven't seen it much. I know they have mentioned the case, but they could definitely talk about it more and show his picture more.

I'm talking about CNN, Fox and MSNBC. Not shows like Inside Edition or the Today Show.

It's frustrating. Someone waiting in an airport could be watching CNN and recognize him. But nope, it's all 24 hour politics.

JMO and all of that. end of rant.

Seems pretty ridiculous and far-fetched to me

Really? There was a bill advanced through the legislature on Feb 7, 2017 which sought to increase the punishment for hate crimes committed in Indiana. On February 22, 2017 this bill was shot down. It seems to me that the topic deserves some consideration.

I just want to compliment the Patty family for their participation in the press conference today. IMO, Mr. Patty's statements were well spoken and intelligent. He seems like a very kind man, despite the horrible things that he and his family are going through. It is obvious that Liberty was loved very much and will be missed. He was very strong. My heart goes out to Mrs. Patty. She looked to me like she is trying to be strong, but the pain she is suffering is obvious. Only love and best wishes to them.

:praying:

My heart breaks for them and Abby's family.

My take on the connection to the two case is that with the use of 'At this time', they are certainly investigating whether there is a connection, but as of now, they haven't found anything concrete. Whether they will or not, I certainly don't know.

To me BG's clothing does not stand out
There is nothing defining about what he was wearing.

I can't see his face clearly , so I could be looking directly at him and wouldn't realize it

As far as releasing video to see his stride, It may or may not help. Certainly hasn't helped in MB's case, and that person had a very unusual way of walking

I hope they have DNA. I think they have DNA. Everyone leaves something behind. May not have a match yet.

All JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member