IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cause of death should be released.....why would they withhold that?

They withhold because only the killer will know for sure. This weeds out those people that confess to crimes when they really aren't the perp.

Has anyone mentioned anything about the bridge guy wearing what appears to be a wrist watch on his right wrist?

Cause of death should be released.....why would they withhold that?

The killer is the only other person who knows. It holds the case together and releasing details could cost them a conviction when it goes to court. Whatever it is, it is significant, IMO.

Cause of death should be released.....why would they withhold that? Its been long enough and it wont impact the investigation at this point....

Details

LE like to keep details to themselves as only the killer would know them
During an interview, a criminal could easily give himself away with details that the public doesn't know

Has anyone mentioned anything about the bridge guy wearing what appears to be a wrist watch on his right wrist?

Welcome to WS JJ1492. I have not kept up on all discussion but I thought I noticed that too, then I decided it was his skin.

Not sure what others thoughts are.

Yes, some people think he's wearing a watch. It's a possibility.

Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

oh my, that's extra frustrating to think that some people may be so convinced that they have something important to share with LE that they actually call or email more than once and badger them about it. Unless it's someone who SERIOUSLY thinks they know the identity of the killer, in which case they should IMO call 911 or a direct line to the police station or better yet go in and talk to them face to face to address it immediately... but any other tip short of thinking one knows the killer does not warrant that kind of behavior. I feel so bad for them having to deal with that kind of immaturity.

There's so many tips because so many people think they are criminal profilers etc. <modsnip>

Just a reminder to those that LE knows way more than we do, and they have the best of the best FBI agents doing profiling. The tip lines don't need to be clogged up with peoples attempts at criminal profiling.

The killer is the only other person who knows. It holds the case together and releasing details could cost them a conviction when it goes to court. Whatever it is, it is significant, IMO.

Also preventing copycat murders IMO. If another murder happens they will know if it is or isn't BG.

I pray that no such thing happens.

JMO that jacket is probably long gone by now, prbably in a dumpster/landfill by now. If he is aware his image is out there. Jmo

Of course the jacket is long gone...which makes their plea to call the tip line if you know someone who owns a blue jacket even MORE absurd. And frustrating. And discouraging.

I know lots of people with blue jackets. Heck, I own one myself. But no, I'm not going to call in 120 "tips" about people with blue jackets. From what I understand they have only worked through 2,000 of over 11,000 tips. Hopefully the one that cracks this case is still in that pile. I'm just a bit surprised why they are soliciting even MORE "tips" based on nothing but a blue jacket.

Because LE has a vague idea of what the dude looks like.
You tell him u have his picture he changes his appearance. Harder to find.
Jmo

Again, he can not change his appearance from what he looked like prior to the crime.

As far as after the crime, it would seem extremely likely that he would change his appearance in case others saw him in that area.

Your post just comes across,to me, as unfounded and unnecessary criticism of LE, who probably know more about these types of things than we do.

Your intent may not have meant to be critical. I just want to clarify how it might be taken.

The above is my opinion only.

Cause of death should be released.....why would they withhold that? Its been long enough and it wont impact the investigation at this point....

Because only the killer knows, except ppl in the know. In the elizabeth & lyric case Heather Collins asked that cod not be released, not sure if that's why it hasn't, but she didn't want to know. Jmo

Respectfully how do you know that? What facts do we have to back that up.... we dont know the girls were sexually assaulted or did I miss something? Please let me know if I did.

Did you miss the part where my post said IMO which means IN MY OPINION.

Sorry to be pessimistic but this case seems to be close to growing very cold. Of course we do not see everything that my be going on but I worry it will begin to slip below the radar soon.

My sense is that this guy is someone local, and if not then at least not from out of state. I would bet he has a family and that someone close to him suspects him but for whatever reason will not come forward. Maybe the reward needs bumping up.

I have not seen a case on here in some time where I so want to see the perp caught.

The thing about BG's appearance

He could have changed his appearance BEFORE the crime.
Add a fake beard/mustache
Could have layered up to look more bulky
Changed his style of dress

Of course, this would apply only if it were premeditated

MOO

I am not ridiculing the theory I was trying to understand it…. Not sure how far back you read before commenting but I first questioned how the perp knew they were athletes considering they were not wearing anything athletic. The comment back stated that perhaps he had saw them the day before practicing because today Libertys Grandfather told us how they had been doing that the day before. SO to make this theory plausible the perp had to have seen them the day before the crime, stalked them somehow to the bridge then attacked. I asked Apple12 for clarification if I was following the theory correctly. I believe part of sleuthing any theory would be to ask relevant questions. Im all about new theories but I would appreciate the ability to ask questions to those who post said theories without being called out…. Thanks :) nothing rude intended jmo

I apologize if my post seemed like I was calling you out. It wasn't my intention, but looking back I can see why it might have seemed that way. I was posting in a hurry and I didn't mean to single out your post in particular, I just quoted it because it was the most recent. I'm sorry :blushing:

I can't answer for the person who floated this theory, but IMO there are three possibilities: one, the perp knew Abby & Libby; two, he was a stranger committing a crime of opportunity; or three, he was a stranger to them but had targeted the girls IRL or online. In the case of the latter, it is possible that he was stalking them for an unknown period of time. It's definitely not unheard of for stalkers or killers to develop irrational ideas about their targets.

Again, he can not change his appearance from what he looked like prior to the crime.

As far as after the crime, it would seem extremely likely that he would change his appearance in case others saw him in that area.

Your post just comes across,to me, as unfounded and unnecessary criticism of LE, who probably know more about these types of things than we do.

Your intent may not have meant to be critical. I just want to clarify how it might be taken.

The above is my opinion only.

Whut???????
Lol
I'm not critical of LE at all.

Thank you.

This led me to a crappy thought...
Perhaps the person with "The" tip is also someone with outstanding warrants and since they can't call and collect reward due to getting themselves in trouble....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Then "the tip" will come out when that person is next arrested and wants to bargain their way out of jail time.

Yes, someone did a Photoshop and put up a post with it on here with him in the middle of the bridge. Another person did a Photoshop with him on the bridge from the viewpoint of someone taking rhe photo from the south end, in the trees.

I think both posts have been removed.

Ah ok thank you so much. I was really confused thinking they released move photos. If there is only the 2 bridge photos them I am on the same page now. Gets confusing with photoshopping and probably misleading. Not being critical but could put a got 'tipper' off.

Sometimes I wish this website had a chat feature that allowed us to theorize, chat and discuss things in real time without taking up so much space in here. But of course that would mean it couldn't be as closely monitored but still, it would be a nice feature.

How would it help to release it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member