IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, LE needs to broadcast to a larger area. No one I've spoken with in southern NH or at work in Boston have heard of this case. I know in NH, many men dress like BG (especially construction workers like my husband)--so who knows what we in NH or Boston could offer. How do we do this? Any ideas?

Anyone else get the sense that LE was deliberately avoiding ANY mention of danger to others? There was not one mention of catching this perp to prevent him from killing again. It was all about justice for these girls, ONLY. A couple of times I felt like they might address the public safety issue, but it was again steered away in favor of: we need your help to have justice for these families... They didn't even once say, this person is extremely dangerous. ( Goes without saying, I know, but I felt like protection of the public might have been a priority, and worth some discussion)

I felt like there was a distinct agenda, and that included, no mention of threat to the public. Maybe they didn't want people to panic, but I though it would have been at least mentioned for people to take care (especially when sleuthing! ),

IMO, LE needs to broadcast to a larger area. No one I've spoken with in southern NH or at work in Boston have heard of this case. I know in NH, many men dress like BG (especially construction workers like my husband)--so who knows what we in NH or Boston could offer. How do we do this? Any ideas?

Well, you could start small by sharing the poster on your FB page

I just wondered if anyone can give me some knowledge. As I'm new with no other case to compare to. If a POI is not caught within a set period of time say a couple of weeks is it likely to then go cold? I wondered if there is a pattern to photo out there and time to be caught?

Hope it makes sense!

Anyone else get the sense that LE was deliberately avoiding ANY mention of danger to others? There was not one mention of catching this perp to prevent him from killing again. It was all about justice for these girls, ONLY. A couple of times I felt like address the public safety issue, but it was again steered away in favor of we need your help to have justice for these families... They didn't even once say, this person is extremely dangerous.

I felt like there was an distinct agenda, and that included, no mention of threat to the public. Maybe they didn't want people to panic, but I though it would have been at least mentioned for people to take care (especially when sleuthing! ),

Yes. I posted the same thing pages back. I think they know who he is. I think the girls were targeted and it wasn't random.

I just wondered if anyone can give me some knowledge. As I'm new with no other case to compare to. If a POI is not caught within a set period of time say a couple of weeks is it likely to then go cold? I wondered if there is a pattern to photo out there and time to be caught?

Hope it makes sense!

I was hoping the way the LE talked about still having a lot of tips to go through that they were letting us know there was still a lot of hope left in this case and that we are far from cold or done :) IMO

Hope it makes sense!

In general, a case isn't considered cold until all investigative leads have been exhausted and LE has nothing else to follow up on at that time. LE stated today that they still have thousands of tips to vet and assign to officers to investigate. They are also still receiving tips. So it is far too early to declare this a cold case.

Welcome to Websleuths!

Yes. I posted the same thing pages back. I think they know who he is. I think the girls were targeted and it wasn't random.

In the press release today, LE emphasized over and over that they do not know who this person is. They said it was a huge rumor circulating on social media and they're worried it will affect the case. They said it several times. They don't know who he is.

Can anyone hazard a guess as to why Abby's mom / family is not speaking out publicly? I have seen somewhere in these threads that she is a very quiet lady? I understand this is the most horrific thing she will ever go through, I imagine she is unable to speak in public about it.

Also, any theories on the "twist" as mentioned by LE.

These questions may or may not be related.

BBM - I get a bit frustrated when I see posters questioning whether or not LE checked out such-and-such. They DO know what they are doing. The forces are not comprised of the Barney Fife type.

When I read the post you quoted I did not think the person questioned the LE at all. Did I read that differently than you did? I agree with your statement but I dont think it applys to the poster you quoted? am I mistaken?

BBM - I get a bit frustrated when I see posters questioning whether or not LE checked out such-and-such. They DO know what they are doing. The forces are not comprised of the Barney Fife type.

Luckily, this seems to be a great bunch of LEOs. I wish Hailey Dunn's case and so many others had this kind of professional dedication given by LE right from the beginning. Unfortunately, some cases do have Barney Fife-types of responses. But this case is being handled really well it seems.

Can anyone hazard a guess as to why Abby's mom / family is not speaking out publicly? I have seen somewhere in these threads that she is a very quiet lady? I understand this is the most horrific thing she will ever go through, I imagine she is unable to speak in public about it.

I don't know anything about the "twist" but my opinion of Abby's Mom not speaking is that she is grief stricken. I would be in shock and unable to form sentences.
Can't even imagine what the family members are going through

That is correct Rocket. That is what I was referring to. They go over everything...

When I read the post you quoted I did not think the person questioned the LE at all. Did I read that differently than you did? I agree with your statement but I dont think it applys to the poster you quoted? am I mistaken?

I think they were just agreeing.

Because LE has a vague idea of what the dude looks like.
You tell him u have his picture he changes his appearance. Harder to find.
Jmo

I understand, and agree he might change his appearance....but his appearance is not going to convict him in a court of law anyway. Also, jmo, the crack in this case will come from a tip in the community, and the only way that happens is if someone in the community regcognizes the guy in the picture. If LE says, "we have a white male, aged 30-50,suspected of committing this crime, but we need your help," what are the chances they EVER find the perp from that vague of a description? Once again, I'm not trying to be dismissive, I just think the fastest way to find this guy,is to plaster his face on as many stations and billboards as possible.

Can you imagine the outcry if LE has a picture of this monster, didn't release it, and he went on to hurt someone else?

Abby's family in a way did speak out today through Libby's grandpa (he read a statement for them). I think he was a great spokesman for Abby's family. I think that the twist is that Libby took audio and video of the suspect. I have not seen that very often if at all.

I think the 'twist' is taking a video of your killer. In the rest of that interview that guy from LE gave nothing away whatsoever so I very much doubt he was giving clues about anything else by saying there was a twist,

beautifully said

:clap::blowkiss:

All my opinion ... sometimes it is admirable to "take" a slight, in the grand scheme of things, not really "knowing " one another except maybe through the Web.

Let's give one another the benefit of the doubt and not be so easily offended.

We cannot "know" someone's heart. Let's lean toward being kind.

Moo.

Personally, I don't think it's victim-friendly nor wise to question anything about the actions of either of the girls' family members.

As to the "twist," I keep thinking about what was said during the first presser - that the case is "complicated" or "convoluted"...I can't remember what term was used. I think there is something about it that has LE a bit boggled.

IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member