IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo, almost all murders of young girls are sexual in nature, except for family murders. Not too many other motives out there to kill kids.

Also, has it been approved to discuss the landowner as a POI??

You can post the court links and discuss the charges.

You cannot sleuth this individual relative to abby's and libby's murders, as no indication of his involvement has been released. On the contrary, he was cleared. More than likely, in the course of investigating him, these unrelated violations came to light. So, as sillybiily said, cool your jets.

If it gets out of hand, substantial time outs will be issued on the spot. You've now been warned.

Bessie
ws administrator

eta: For the umpteenth time, leave the fb gossip on fb!

Tia for your cooperation.

At the press conference the other day didn't LE say everyone that has volunteered to take a poly has passed it? Do we know if RL took one & if it was voluntary?

Technically, taking a polygraph is always voluntary. LE cannot force anyone to take a polygraph. LE has not released the names of anyone who has taken a polygraph.

Thanks, Seem more likely to be local IMO as this may have been something thathe was building up to. Everything about this leads me to think this may have been a crime of infatuation and when he realized he couldn't have it did the only thing he could and killed her/them. Months/years may have built up his attraction and this and when he figured out they were there on an otherwise quiet day he may have felt pressured to do something. Then the terrifying chain reaction!
Could the flat spotwhere they were found be a hangout for them? When Iwas that age we used to have a secret spot in the woods!

IMO the flat spot was not a hang out. In general, I doubt the girls left the bridge or the trail. Possible.

From RL public court records:

03/07/2017
Petition Filed
Defendant, by counsel, files Petition for Alternate Misdemeanor Treatment and Order to set hearing. The Court is advised by Defendant's counsel to disregard this filing.
Filed By: Achey, Andrew A.
File Stamp: 03/03/2017

03/10/2017
Notice of Violation of Probation
Arrest warrant requested. Arrest warrant ordered issued with no bond allowed.C:CCSD,State3/10/17
File Stamp: 03/10/2017
03/10/2017
Warrant or Writ of Attmnt for the Body of a Person Issued

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...qY3dNREV3TnpFeU1UTXdPakUxTWprd05EVXhObUk9In19

What is the March 7 bolded part dated about? It was first filed March 3. Alternate misdemeanor is a way of changing a felony charge to a misdemeanor after the fact. IMO It sounds like he was perhaps trying to squeeze out of a probation violation. I'm no lawyer so don't quote me. :happydance:

First page of each new thread, first post, just after the list of all the previous threads, way at the bottom:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-26&p=13221964#post13221964

under the picture a bit more:
thread # ......
thread # ......

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ia-maps-amp-timelines&p=13163455#post13163455

RULES & ETIQUETTE; http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Thanks, I figured it out.

Just 2 ideas I haven't come across so far... MOO of course, and my first WS post so forgive if this has already been discussed and I missed it.

First, in a 2 perp scenario, could one have hidden at the end under the bridge/trellis while BG drove the girls that direction. They may have thought they were fleeing to safety, only to have a second creep come up behind.

Second, if BG was working alone, perhaps he pushed one of the girls off the platform or rushed her and she fell off. Then he's able to focus on the other. Even get her to go "down the hill" to see if her friend is okay.

Just a couple of theories...can't get these girls off my mind. So heartbreaking.
Welcome!

I'm starting to think there may be a second suspect involved, although I think it's still possible there could only be one. In my opinion, it would be difficult for one person to contain two frightened teenagers especially since there were other people who said they were at the bridge in or around the time frame they were abducted and killed. It wouldn't be impossible if he came prepared, or had practice doing it before (serial killer). This is only my opinion and trust me, it changes all the time in regards to this case.

However, since the girls bodies were found upstream, I think that would eliminate the theory of one being pushed off the bridge.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

First, I will say that the voice recording seems pretty poor quality to me and sort of "electronic" sounding. However, people on here have talked about "more southern" sounding voices from Indiana vs. the more urban sounding ones without the southern, or perhaps rural inflection. To my ears, PO has the southern/rural thing in his voice and BG does not. Also, a lot of older men- 70s and older mostly have a tone to their voice that I recognize in my own family members. I hear it in PO but not in the BG clip. My guess for BGs voice would be age range 38-58.

As for other things- I always thought that BG was a medium built person, not carrying a lot of excess weight, just layered clothes or other objects beneath his coat. His arms and legs and the sides of his coat just lead me to think that in the way that I am seeing it. To me it also looks like he has facial hair on his chin.

I know we are dealing with less than perfect images and audio. It's amazing how people are seeing things completely differently!

Also, though the mind is totally unpredictable, it's hard to fathom that someone can live in a small community for 50 plus years and this would be the first atrocity committed- or that other actions attributed to his past would not have sent up red flags right away- at least with people who know him. And why leave bodies on your property- out in the open like that? It's just not all adding up to me.

Thank for your well thoutout answer/explanation. I do hear RL's southern accent but don't hear it on the recording. I also thought I detected facial hair on BG, but not at all sure. I don't necessarily suspect anyone in particular but do find the timing of RL's arrest very intriguing.
Have to answer quickly b/c iPad is eating my responses to you 2x!

"I think everybody is on edge," said Lori Welk of Delphi. "Everybody is very sensitive about (safety)."

“We’ve have had quite the request for classes ever since all this happened up in Delphi.” Lafayette police's Rape Aggression Defense instructor Amanda Deckard said.

When news of German and Williams' killings hit, it jarred Welk and others into action. Welk had planned to attend a RAD class for years with her adult daughters, but life always seemed to get in the way.

For now, demand for the classes will outpace Slifer and Deckard's abilities to teach, but they'll catch up.

This week marks one month since the killing, and police continue to track down the more than 13,000 tips they have received in that time. But the killer remains on the run.

The defense classes might be of little comfort to German and Williams' families, but it might prevent Delphi residents from suffering more grief and pain.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/.../self-defense-classes-coming-delphi/98975576/

So, this isn't sarcasm at all, but an actual honest to goodness question.. The rules are we can't sleuth anyone at all besides this Justin guy, in this forum unless that person is already announced as perp by the police, am I correct?

So if we can't sleuth who did it until we already know who did it, what exactly can we sleuth besides the pictures and voice? What do you guys talk about in other cases where there's not even that much to go on?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

The last thing I will say on the RL Arrest, Sure seems fishy that all these LE vehicles were spotted searching across the road on friday, 3/11/17 and mere hrs latter RL was arrested for probation violation. But I suppose it could be as simple as, they were searching across the street and RL came driving up the road and pulled in his driveway and LE knew he wasn't suppose to be driving......all is MOO

I have nothing useful to add to this thread, I have been following from the start but don't have much to contribute. I am extremely sadned that there hasn't been an arrest yet. When it first happened,I really thought they'd have BG within a few days. I was very wrong!
Hope that they make an arrest soon!

Been lurking for a while and first time posting. Was thinking about the posts about the ball cap being bent was interesting. I grew up in Indiana and my 80 year old father, who still wears ball caps, bends them before wearing them for the first time and still does. He used to play baseball when he was younger and he always would bend the cap and put it in his pocket when he wasn't wearing it. It's funny, I never thought anything about it until it was brought up here.

Been lurking for a while and first time posting. Was thinking about the posts about the ball cap being bent was interesting. I grew up in Indiana and my 80 year old father, who still wears ball caps, bends them before wearing them for the first time and still does. He used to play baseball when he was younger and he always would bend the cap and put it in his pocket when he wasn't wearing it. It's funny, I never thought anything about it until it was brought up here.

Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

Does anybody know if Carroll county has an online Auditor property record search, bc I can't seem to find it. Here in Ohio I can look up many counties property records online, But i cant seem to find theirs.....thx in advance

Welcome!

I'm starting to think there may be a second suspect involved, although I think it's still possible there could only be one. In my opinion, it would be difficult for one person to contain two frightened teenagers especially since there were other people who said they were at the bridge in or around the time frame they were abducted and killed. It wouldn't be impossible if he came prepared, or had practice doing it before (serial killer). This is only my opinion and trust me, it changes all the time in regards to this case.

However, since the girls bodies were found upstream, I think that would eliminate the theory of one being pushed off the bridge.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I am so glad that I can now quote Libby's grandfather in response to how they both were (could be) controlled by one person-

Police have not said how the two girls died. They somehow stood together like true friends.

"What would you do with a best friend? Would you just leave them? Neither would I. And neither would you. Neither would the other girl. That's why they're both heroes," Patty said

http://www.wave3.com/story/34729115...me-in-after-delphi-victims-grandfather-speaks

In the most recent presser (the one with Libby's grandfather, I believe), law enforcement said they really are thinking it is just one guy- bridge guy.

In the most recent presser (the one with Libby's grandfather, I believe), law enforcement said they really are thinking it is just one guy- bridge guy.

Rsbm.. I heard a MSM report in the last couple days which said something like "this audio recording of the man pictured.. " and I was very surprised bc I thought it was unknown whether the audio and the picture were the same person. I still think it is unknown and the MSM statement was just the mistake of the reporter. But who knows. Jmo.

It is...until it's not. Rules frequently change here.

They do indeed but clearly at this point in time RL has not been named as a POI by law enforcement so I see no need to post anything about this man.
Doesn't mean I haven't done my own sleuthing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali