IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys, I'm going to have to quit my job! I worked in the fields until 10 pm last night so I wouldn't have to come in today and it took me most of the day to catch up.

Mr. Patty did absolutely wonderful speaking.

I keep flip flopping between a local in plain sight, likely someone well known or respected in the community that everyone would say "no way, wasn't him" and not a local at all. I think it's easy to assume local because they knew where the trails were and got around okay around the bridge, but in reality, anyone can happen upon a place either by searching the internet or driving by even on accident. There are people like me who purposely avoid highways just because there are so many great places off the beaten path. I don't go around murdering people, but I would imagine it's not that uncommon.

Also, I still don't think it would take any prior knowledge of the trails to get the girls to where they were found. He basically followed the creek. He went around two bends in the creek and one was very visible from the bridge. He could have easily turned around to look and see if there was bridge visibility several times and stopped as soon as he got to a place where he couldn't see the bridge or houses. I still don't think RL's property looks that difficult to travel on foot and I don't think anyone in reasonable shape or driven enough would have a problem walking back there in a short amount of time.

I'm really kind baffled at the age of the suspect. I can't decide whether he's a 20 something or a 60 something or something in between. His voice sounds older to me, his clothes skew older, his face looks older, his build looks older, but for some reason I keep questioning whether I'm letting things cloud what I see. The FBI/LE obviously haven't narrowed it down at all and everyone here seems to have differing opinions so obviously it's not, well, obvious.

Apparently, I didn't copy a name, but from the last thread. Chances are those are from farming operations, maybe even as long ago as harvest time.

I drove by that particular field on Wednesday (I think) on my way back and it was dark, but IIRC it was worked (plowed) and extremely flat (as in not hilly). It would not be easy nor fun to drive on a worked field. Even when dry they are super bumpy and the soil that's been turned up is very soft, so you get a bit hung up in it. Not stuck, but it feels kinda like driving in mud. And it would be easy to spot a vehicle parked anywhere in it. If the weather holds out and we don't get the forecasted snow, I'll be back up there next week and will check it out again during the day. I was really hoping to sneak over there on my lunch, but I ended up further north than I thought I would be.

That was me! Thank you! :)

From, the admitted City Slicker who maybe thinks watermelon grow in the Winn Dixie grocery store :)

This person knows about it because of me. What "they" have done with it since being reported to them I don't know. This particular person is a newscaster. I'm sure "they" have reported it to the proper people. "They" did seem very interested in the information.

Thanks. That does help clear it up a bit. I know it's the weekend, but I am surprised LE hasn't already sent out a tweet or some type of press release to say they are aware of the rumors on SM and this arrest has nothing to do with the murders. Maybe they will, but the arrest was yesterday so I'm kind of wondering why there's a delay.

It seems to me that media has gone almost completely silent and I don't think it's from lack of interest.

No FBI profile released.

No tweets from ISP on the case.

Nothing reported on the property searched yesterday except a photo.

My instinct is that something is about to break. But I'm often wrong...

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Thanks. That does help clear it up a bit. I know it's the weekend, but I am surprised LE hasn't already sent out a tweet or some type of press release to say they are aware of the rumors on SM and this arrest has nothing to do with the murders. Maybe they will, but the arrest was yesterday so I'm kind of wondering why there's a delay.

Yes, I agree. LE knows how huge this case is and how important finding BG is. They have been very vocal in the past about rumors. Thank you for clearing that up and making me think in a different direction...:)

It seems to me that media has gone almost completely silent and I don't think it's from lack of interest.

No FBI profile released.

Thoughts?

You could be right. I don't know. In the last 2 hours, Fox59 has tweeted about filing taxes, changing your clocks, the winning lottery numbers, sports, arrests for a CVS robbery, a robbery at a bakery, and how Donatos Pizza is going to try to 3D print pizzas.

My first thought is, do people start committing sick violent crimes at age 75? I know it's possible, but he has had so many opportunities being the owner of this property where women and children obviously frequent alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe they cover up for people that do? Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been lurking for a while and first time posting. Was thinking about the posts about the ball cap being bent was interesting. I grew up in Indiana and my 80 year old father, who still wears ball caps, bends them before wearing them for the first time and still does. He used to play baseball when he was younger and he always would bend the cap and put it in his pocket when he wasn't wearing it. It's funny, I never thought anything about it until it was brought up here.

Do you see the hat on the BG guy with the bent rim like I posted? I've looked at it so much and it's so obvious to me, I guess my mind could play tricks on me because not everyone sees it! I think it's more of a country thing though.

No FBI profile released.

Thoughts?

That's the impression I'm getting, as well, but it could just be wishful thinking.

My wife is from Carroll County, word travels very fast in those parts, and even faster about the girls. I think if they thought this guy had anything to do with it, and they went in and arrested him, that the whole town would know about it already. We have been getting a lot of our info from my wifes parents, who still live in Carroll County, and I talked to them earlier and they said all is quiet in Carroll County tonight. I was also told a couple of other things that most of the town speculates happened to the girls, but I don't want to spread rumors or give out any info that hasn't been verified by LE yet.

One thing that I will comment on, I was told that the area this occurred, is a very good morel mushroom hunting spot. For anyone not familiar with that, morel mushrooms are very tasty mushrooms, that pop up at the beginning of spring in the woods. here in Central Indiana, you'll see people just randomly walking the woods with grocery bags or sacks, hoping to find them. There are probably a lot of local people who are familiar with the wooded areas around the bridge, just because it is a good public spot to hunt mushrooms. It's probably a bit early for anyone to have been mushroom hunting already, but someone who does their mushroom hunting in the area might be very familiar with the terrain.

The pork cook-off in Burlington was held in honor of the Delphi teens. It cost $10 to enter and Indiana Packers donated all the pork.

Dozens of raffle prizes were donated for the event. Kids could have their face painted and a live band performed.

All proceeds will be given to the account set up in Abby and Libby’s name.

http://wlfi.com/2017/03/11/pork-cook-off-benefit-held-in-honor-of-delphi-teens/

and? why no reporting or tweeting? They seem to be on top of everything else...including misinformation...and I'm not be snarky...truly a genuine question

I'm a former journalist (and the kid of a long-time investigative journalist) and it's not out of the ordinary for beat reporters to sit on information for a period of time at the request of law enforcement if doing so does not put the community in danger. Relationships between crime beat reporters and LE are reliant on give and take. I'm not saying that is what is happening here, only that it happens. JMO.

My wife is from Carroll County, word travels very fast in those parts, and even faster about the girls. I think if they thought this guy had anything to do with it, and they went in and arrested him, that the whole town would know about it already. We have been getting a lot of our info from my wifes parents, who still live in Carroll County, and I talked to them earlier and they said all is quiet in Carroll County tonight. I was also told a couple of other things that most of the town speculates happened to the girls, but I don't want to spread rumors or give out any info that hasn't been verified by LE yet.

One thing that I will comment on, I was told that the area this occurred, is a very good morel mushroom hunting spot. For anyone not familiar with that, morel mushrooms are very tasty mushrooms, that pop up at the beginning of spring in the woods. here in Central Indiana, you'll see people just randomly walking the woods with grocery bags or sacks, hoping to find them. There are probably a lot of local people who are familiar with the wooded areas around the bridge, just because it is a good public spot to hunt mushrooms. It's probably a bit early for anyone to have been mushroom hunting already, but someone who does their mushroom hunting in the area might be very familiar with the terrain.

We know he was arrested yesterday for a probation violation and is being held without bond, which is standard procedure for probation violations. We don't know if that's all there is to it. LE should probably comment, as they have done throughout this case, when rumors start on SM. This man's name and reputation are being clobbered on SM. LE was very quick to quash other rumors when we didn't even know the people's names. It's curious.

There are four steps to the violation of probation process:

The Initial Arrest
First Appearances and Bond
A Violation of Probation Hearing
The Sentencing

Although these steps are similar to that of your initial charge, you do not have the same rights and protections when you violate your probation. In a violation of probation case there is no right to bond, no right to a speedy trial, and no entitlement to be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

http://www.criminallawyer.com/learn/violation-probation-process

I learn something new every day. This is just standard procedure.

Precisely, it means you go straight to jail to serve your whole term.

For all we know, some kids were growing pot back there and he didn't know it, cleared it out and they did it again. It happens to a lot of people with wooden property.

And, in some places you can violate parole by committing ANY illegal act, including letting motor oil spill on the ground while working on an engine.

We don't know the reason for the probation, maybe it was drunk driving and he was out of his confined driving privilege area. But, a violation of probation is an actionable offense and you don't stop upholding the law, just because there is a horror story going on in your town.

It does not mean there is any connection to the crime at hand.

More likely, something was spotted as in brought to their attention, while on his property. Maybe he wasn't supposed to be driving and admitted he was - boom! Violation of probation, go to jail.

But, maybe he has a weird nephew/friend/ex-employee who stopped by to visit, no one was home, so he took a walk.

Maybe the perp's clothes were burned in the grain bin. ????

Not sure we will see the profile, they are generally for LE use, Imo. I feel sure it has been done, there would be no reason for delay. Unless they have a suspect already. But in any case, they are often so generic and could be applied to every neighborhhod oddball who lives with mommy.

I do feel it is odd that LE is not commenting on this recent arrest, since they do not want social media going wild with rumors and speculation over the case though.

Jmo

Because I think we could all use a drink, I'll ask, who is "BG"?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

To mirror another comment it could be possible also they asked him if he had guns to clear him, he showed hunting stuff not realizing he was in violation. I've had buddies with similar drunk driving violations ask to borrow a shotgun during deer season. Or maybe targets out back. Even though people get in trouble they still feel it's their god given right to their arms and don't give them up very freely, especially in Indiana. But, not sure if drunk driving is even something that would warrant guns being taken away, or limited, whatever. I'm not educated enough to know the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poohgirl2001w