IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it means that LE is looking for an item or items that were known to be in possession of one or both of the girls and the item or items have not been recovered yet.

Words of the wise. I assumed LE to be searching for a primary crime scene. Either way, LE is searching for something. Hopefully, they know what they are looking for.

One awesome poster here showed Abby likely had a large purse hanging from her shoulder. Not sure if that could be it, but is was a great find just from looking at her picture Libby took on the bridge. Sweet girls.

Trying to consider walking the trails in Delphi, at 13 years of age, while carrying a large handbag. What could a purse have in it that would be needed on a hike? Lipstick and feminine products, for that time of the month, are items that come to mind.

BBM

Do we actually know that? Is it possible that they have connected the cases but just not released that information?

Okay, to clarify, LE said last week that they have found no connection at this time. They aren't ruling out the possibility, but the Indiana LE said they are trying to solve Abby and Libby's case and, while they would love to help solve Iowa's case at the same time, they haven't found a connection between the two cases at this time. They are calling similarities between the two cases "coincidences" at the moment.

Going to take a break for a bit and clean my house...hopefully it will clear all this clutter from my brain too. I want to get inside the perp's head. Why am I choosing a public trail in broad daylight to abduct two girls? Where do I take them from there if I don't want to be caught? Why do I leave their bodies somewhere where I know they'll be found fairly quickly? I need to step back for a bit.

These questions continue to go through my mind also. Hard to find explanations that make total sense. On the surface they indicate he didn't have this planned out carefully. Yet he must have brought things with him to compel the girls to go "down the hill" plus then restrain them to carry out the murders. Such a puzzle.

Slightly O/T, but a newbie asking for assistance: Could someone please tell me how to Private Message the Moderators? I read everywhere that we should do so, and can find the place to PM, but don't know who to address it to. Do I need to know their user names, or can I just enter "Moderator"? (I tried that and it didn't seem to work.) TIA for any assistance you can give me.

<modsnip>

Screenshot (3).png

Click the red triangle. A box will pop open, and ask your question. :)

Words of the wise. I assumed LE to be searching for a primary crime scene. Either way, LE is searching for something. Hopefully, they know what they are looking for.

Trying to consider walking the trails in Delphi, at 13 years of age, while carrying a large handbag. What could a purse have in it that would be needed on a hike? Lipstick and feminine products, for that time of the month, are items that come to mind.

I was just thinking about that.. I was thinking maybe bottled water.

I skipped a few pages but RL's probation ended on 10/18/16. Per the court docket posted up thread a few pages back, he has a criminal history which out weighed the mitigating factors and although the court dismissed 5 charges, RL plead guilty to a Class D felony, (driving under the influence) received a 2 year sentence, which was suspended and was placed on 2 years probation. He was driving with a suspended license, failed to yield the right of way with a BAC over the legal limit.

He was 75 then, so he is 78 now.

Criminal history. Really. I don't think having a criminal history is normal.

He was represented by counsel and all his fines were paid. I don't see where there was any adjudication that all of the terms of probation were fulfilled and the probation/sentence satisfied but he was supposed to go to counseling for alcohol abuse and not drink alcohol, among other things.

So, why was he arrested in 3/17 for a probation violation when the probation period ended in 10/16? I am scratching my head. Did he not complete the terms of his probation and it just took 5 months to get around to an arrest?

The midnight arrest after a day time search.

And remember, the photo which was posted by a journalist to spread the news that LE was back near the crime scene searching depicted the grain bin and some farm buildings. No one said that LE was searching that property. Members here found that grain bin on google maps and that it was next to RL's property. While we assumed that the grain bin could be part of his property, we now know it isn't but LE wasn't searching that property anyway. They were searching RL's property and then arrested him at midnight - for violation of probation that ended 5 months ago.

It hurts my heart that a 78 year old man might have to spend 2 years in jail.

Bottles of water or juice? Maybe a snack? Phone charger? Pens and paper maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how to link an article here, but Yahoo has the Good Morning America article in it's news feed with photos of Liberty and Abigail. It was 44/45 when I was scanning through about 5 minutes ago.

I haven't seen anything on Yahoo news for a couple weeks, although I may have missed something. Glad it's up there and may attract more interest in this case.

Slightly O/T, but a newbie asking for assistance: Could someone please tell me how to Private Message the Moderators? I read everywhere that we should do so, and can find the place to PM, but don't know who to address it to. Do I need to know their user names, or can I just enter "Moderator"? (I tried that and it didn't seem to work.) TIA for any assistance you can give me.

<modsnip>

O/T
To whom it concerns,
Please stay. Everyone was a newbie at some point. This is a refreshingly pleasant group, under most circumstances! We do not have the cookie cutter mentality and appreciate and respect views that may differ from our own. Tossing information out there might lead another to a new thought or idea, or just lurking might enable the reader to learn the ropes and actually find their area of specialty here, for example our fabulous map makers! or even those who just welcome the newbies with the emoji symbols:welcome6:! This is a diverse group~

I agree with others on this thread who have said that emotions are running high! There are times for all of us to step away, I consider that healthy.
Feel better! You are normal~
JMO

I'm really confused, and am new to this site to forgive me if this is common knowledge.

When I think of sleuthing, I think of detective work, which is looking for evidence and following that forward.

It seems there is just massive googling of sex offenders and RL. I don't think that is very productive or even right.

Obviously the police are looking at sex offenders and have more info than any of us. Further, to think anyone has a suspect in mind from that grainy photo and a sexual abuse past is a bit off.

Calling in tips should be reserved to "my brother looks like that and wasn't home all day" or "I found blood in my dads truck". Not "there's an overweight sex offender in Idaho that could have done it".

"Sluething" a guy already in custody is only to feed a selfish curiosity and has no potential to help, only hurt. I'm sure the many law enforcement agencies working on this have google.

C'mon guys, this is not detective work. It's a good group of people who are anxious to add value and can't because of restricted LE release of evidence. Obviously there is more video and audio, and it's not being released for a reason. Until they release more, they clearly don't need anyone cruising registries and police blotters.

Maybe I'm just an old softy, but my heart goes out to the land owner.

I actually think he could be lefthanded because the gun is on his right side in a body holster, jmo.

Eta: I guess he could be right handed though but the barrel points outward and handle in so seems more lefty but could be right.
Just to share some insight. I carry concealed all the time, even when I go to the mailbox. I generally carry without any holster, in my pocket, without a bullet in the chamber. And believe it or not I have the gun upside-down in my pocket because it doesn't print that way. I know this all sounds counter-intuitive, but I am not a quick-draw artist or LE. I carry a gun because if the poop hits the fan I want to have a gun available, even if it takes a couple extra seconds to utilize it.

Also, I am right handed, but I shoot with both hands, and am actually more comfortable/accurate shooting with my left hand.

Working THEORY ONLY:

RL the P.O. has quite a little list of judgments against him with regards to criminal activity and financial issues.

He has had charges along with men half his age (mid-30's), at least 2 that I can find. They have had various criminal charges themselves, which are varied, and involve violence.

My THEORY IMO - LE has indicated by their use of the words "participated" that there could me more than 1 PERP.

I think there is a strong possibility, in light of recent events, that a younger associate of the P.O. is involved in the murders of these girls.

JMO IMO

WG

All I have seen is DUIs from 2011 and 2014. Where are you seeing charges with men half his age? Are you certain you have the right RL? This RL is 77 years old.

Not saying you didn't find something we didn't but...

I really want LE to step up and confirm this man is not involved.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm just an old softy, but my heart goes out to the land owner.

It seems cruel to arrest him when his land was just defiled by these murders. But I guess the law can't take special circumstances like that into account when they find a violation of some kind. But it seems kind of mean to me.

I'm really confused, and am new to this site to forgive me if this is common knowledge.

When I think of sleuthing, I think of detective work, which is looking for evidence and following that forward.

It seems there is just massive googling of sex offenders and RL. I don't think that is very productive or even right.

C'mon guys, this is not detective work.

SBM -

Websleuthing = googling since google is the internet superhighway to every destination.

Respecfully if you think this isn't "right" then you can report the "wrong" posts to the moderators for their review.

JMO

I thought so too but I guess instead of reaching down towards your right hip with your right hand, you reach across your body and sort of under your left armpit almost (lower down though, more near your waistline I guess), which is smoother and requires less jutting of your elbow, it would seem.

I don't know anything about guns but spent awhile trying to work this out too in previous threads and that became my current working understanding. JMO.

I tested it and it is almost impossible to reach it with my right hand. Very comfortable to reach across my body and grasp with left hand.

ETA: Assuming it is a gun. I believe it is.

Many thanks to you both. i find it difficult to know what I should and shouldn't do. Right now I'm concerned that I've been coming across like someone who is attempting to act like a mod but who is not a mod, so I'm thinking I need to reign it in. I don't particularly find it a compliment to be a know it all (I don't mean this in an ungrateful way, I just mean that in my experience whe someone calls you that, it means you came off bossy or overbearingly, which ARE two things that my spouse accuses me of often), or to come off as someone who is trying to tell others what to do, so I'm second-guessing myself right now I guess.

It's helpful to know that it isn't coming across as being a control-freak or a wanna-be-mod, becasue that's not the case at all.

I just really, really, like it here. Pretty simple, really, it all just comes down to that. The rules are what makes it a pleasant place so I figure, why not bump the rules when people ask about them, or when they seem to be being forgotten about?
But in case it is coming off rude or something I'll just try to hush up for awhile.

English is not my first language, French is, being a no it all in France is a good thing. I means are intelligent in a good sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay