IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO if I believed that I truly knew who BG was I would not use an email tip line nor even the "tip line" at all, but instead would go into the station in person or would call directly and ask to speak to one of the LE whose names is widely associated with the case, JMO based on my own personality style.

I think that might be most helpful--don't allow it to slip through the cracks.

Snapchat! Thank you for the correction. Honestly, my brain is shot.
Can a caption or message be included with the picture?

BBM

How long do you think he/they had? As I understand it the area may not have been searched early on.

Was that area accessed by searchers or LE before the bodies were found at 12:15 PM?

I don't like to think it but I'm afraid there was a lot longer time involved than we'd like to believe. MOO, of course.

The official search - if you mean by fire fighters and such - that didn't start until sometime after dark. Delphi Fire was toned out for the search at 7:02pm. Camden Fire was called for manpower for the search at 8:01pm. There was a regroup called at 8:44pm and call for a briefing at 11:20pm. So the search (at least a ground search) may really have ended somewhere around 11:20pm though there is a scanner broadcast later at 12:50am (concerning parking a vehicle of some sort) that is likely search related.

The next day Delphi Fire was toned out at 7:27am for the searches the next day.

This is new info to me, and gives a more detailed description of the search effort than I've read. I couldn't believe the search was just called off at dark! I know for sure as a parent I would never have just given up and gone home when the sun went down, and found it hard to believe LE did either. So thanks for the post.

I'm assuming the news guy did not have hiking boots on. Did he have trouble walking there by himself, I wonder?

The reporter who walked with RL was wearing professional attire with a long, black, wool coat with shoes that I never actually saw. RL offered him to take a few more steps forward so the reporter could see the actual bridge; however, the reporter stayed put and did not accept the offer to walk any closer toward the creek.

I thought RL, stated in an interview, that he called the media b/c he wanted to show them how difficult it was to arrive at the location where the bodies were placed. Also, I heard gunfire during that particular interview and neither the reporter nor RL flinched at the sound nor did they look around to possibly see where the gunfire was coming from.

On another note, the Sheriff announced at midnight of the 13th that there was no fear of danger. However, I believe both the FBI and Homeland Security were involved in the searches very early on the 14th.

I don't post very often because I get busy and it is hard to keep up and I don't want to repeat, what someone else has said so I look forward to your posts because they help me catch up and are on track. So hopefully you will not hush up because then I will get way behind...Thanks for your well thought out posts :hug:

:yeahthat:

I think they are familiar with the area quite possibly there are videos out there on YouTube showing people panning for gold in the creek that doesn't mean they're involved but someone may have saw that and been there before just my opinion

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

This could lead to a familarity with the creek. I'm just trying to throw another idea on the table as to what type of individual would be familiar with this type of terrain. I noticed a commenter on one of the videos mentioning the murders and asking the video host to call the tip line if the perp looked familiar.

<modsnip>

I thought about if it was me, and I was finding out there were bodies of two girls found there on my land, i would probably stare out at the area and think to myself "this was such a pristine area.. always so beautiful and untouched by evil...so much so that my own small child used to be allowed to play here, and now the mental image I will have when I look out on this are will not be of my son playing as a child, but of this unspreakable horror, and it saddens me".... so I thought maybe he was expressing a similiar sort of train of thought and emotional process, but obviously can't know. JMO

The reporter who walked with RL was wearing professional attire with a long, black, wool coat with shoes that I never actually saw. RL offered him to take a few more steps forward so the reporter could see the actual bridge; however, the reporter stayed put and did not accept the offer to walk any closer toward the creek.

I thought RL, stated in an interview, that he called the media b/c he wanted to show them how difficult it was to arrive at the location where the bodies were placed. Also, I heard gunfire during that particular interview and neither the reporter nor RL flinched at the sound nor did they look around to possibly see where the gunfire was coming from.

On another note, the Sheriff announced at midnight of the 13th that there was no fear of danger. However, I believe both the FBI and Homeland Security were involved in the searches very early on the 14th.
Yes, agree...but the question is why? Why were HS & FBI brought in so early?

Okay, so I have listened again and you maybe right that he is quoting, so I will concede that point.

HOWEVER, let's not miss my point and that is, are we being given a clue in his statement, not on purpose of course.

But it must be hard to keep track of what you should and should not say, and I wonder, regardless of who said it (RL saying it makes it more potent, IMO), was this a slip?

My point for stating that RL told him that, is that RL probably got that info from LE accidentally and then basically parroted what he heard to his friend. Which would mean that your theory about knowing a little more than we do would be a pretty good assumption. That, and they also came back to search the property across the street on Friday could all be along the same assumption, that there was another crime scene.

I think BG was familiar with the path from the SE end of the bridge, down the path and across the shallowest area of the creek over to Mr. Logan's property.

YMMV. But crime scene tape at the SE end, facing E, and down the hill cemented MOO for me.

I found an old paper article listing RL reported a trespasser in his barn who was gone when police arrived, back a few years ago. I don't have the link. But more curious to me is that he mentions a son that played where the girls were found back as a kid. Maybe just a statement, but it struck me odd. <modsnip>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was an interview with Mr. Logan the day of the discovery where he also referenced the kids playing in the area of the crime scene. He definitely said, "they had a place back there". I have never been able to find that interview again, only portions of it.

I hope this doesn't end up with PO in the same long-term position of the PO in the Jacob Wetterling case whose life was under intense scrutiny by the public. He had to live with constant suspicion for far too long. Terrible situation for an innocent man.

That is just one of the many cases I think of when people argue that it's okay to drag people into these crimes based on rumor and innuendo, that their lives are no worse for it. I grew up in a small town with an unsolved case of a young girl's death. It's been almost 30 years, and the fingers are still being pointed. It's a horrible thing to do to someone, especially in a small town where everyone knows everyone.

It's very common. If he missed his last monthly probation meeting, for instance, it's a violation. I totally get why 5 months passed with no action on it until LE started going through outstanding warrants.

Where I live these kind of warrants are not served - just filed as outstanding. LE have quite enough without constntly serving Misc. warrants for non-violent crimes.

JMO

The thing is, despite my feelings that this guy had nothing to do with the case, what were the police in Delphi, IN so busy with? They have stated themselves that there's little violent crime there. As an aside, I would also argue that drunk driving is a violent crime. It's nothing short of shooting into a crowd and getting lucky if you don't hit anyone. I doubt people or the law would be so understanding if someone repeatedly drove under the influence of street drugs, despite the dangers being as bad or worse with alcohol.

After listening to the interview in its entirety and within the context, it is clear to me that LE was describing the Twist in relation other homicide cases they have previously handled.

This was the most important thing about what he said. He wasn't talking about cases all over the country; he was talking about cases they have dealt with. Like the heavily pixelated pictures, I don't really think there's much to be gleaned from picking apart every word uttered by LE. As always, I don't have a problem with others doing it. I just don't think there's much insight to be gained by doing so.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I would consider "a set" as meaning footprints from one person. MOO.

This whole search thing seems as off to me as everything else. It seems like I remember it also being said that a neighbor volunteer found the bodies.

OTOH, Ms. Boucher (volunteer) was interviewed and the article stated: "[FONT=&amp]They (her group) had been instructed to stay away from the area where the girls had last been seen because search dogs were out. Authorities told volunteers they didn’t want to chance contaminating the scene."
[/FONT]
More here: http://www.pharostribune.com/news/local_news/article_031b521c-f2e3-11e6-a249-a77587cb24f9.html

It seems like all the searching the night before would have surely contaminated the scene unless no one went down by the creek. But they apparently let some searchers in that area because it was a searcher/searchers that found the tracks.

In one of the earlier threads there was a link to a news video that played the actual radio traffic of the search party. I recall the radio call indicating that they found foot prints and asking people to stay away from that area.

"YMMV. But crime scene tape at the SE end, facing E, and down the hill cemented MOO for me."

Yes....what did they find on that side of the bridge??

I started reading last night and finished this morning, so a couple hours+ in my case :p . It was an excellent read though, quite gripping. Also enlightening as to how various players and even the smallest of pieces come together to solve the puzzle, including missteps than can happen. Thanks to Wondergirl for sharing it yesterday.

Wow, I just spent the last several hours reading this case. I was totally sucked in. Thank you Wondergirl for posting. I love how the investigators never gave hope. Now off to catch up on the 200+ posts here.

I hesitate to even mention this because the last thing I want to do is make anyone here feel uncomfortable, but the posts about the drinking game in the threads comes across as insensitive considering the subject matter, imo. Maybe those participating could take that to private messages or something? I understand wanting a break from the sadness and tragedy of these two innocent girls losing their life in such a manner, but it just seems inappropriate here. I hope I am not offending anyone - just felt the need to say something since it has been brought up again recently. Thanks for listening.

This is no way being directed to the PO, we had a 75-year-old neighbor that lived in our subdivision that had literally lost his mind when school kids walked onto his grass. He put up stakes and rope and even patrolled his grass by displaying a BB-Gun against young children "cutting" across his "pristine" lawn.

<modsnip> this is a verbatim quote from Logan in an interview with CNN. Directly from the transcripts from this site:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1702/20/ptab.01.html

" I used to walk through my woods all the time, daytime, nighttime. Now I`m not sure if that`s a good idea now. My

son and grandson come up here and play in that woods. Does that mean we can`t do that now? Or what should we do?"

<modsnip>

Wow, I just spent the last several hours reading this case. I was totally sucked in. Thank you Wondergirl for posting. I love how the investigators never gave hope. Now off to catch up on the 200+ posts here.

Spoiler alert: nothing new happened in 200+ posts. Just sayin. :)

I still believe this crime happened very quickly, As stated by MSM from a source involved or familiar with the investigation(not sure of the wording here so don't quote me). Stated that the rest of the audio and or video(we don't know which they were refering to) Was what "Nightmares are made of". That tends to lead me to believe whatever happened, escilated very rapidly. I really think its highly likely that BG was gone before LE was even contacted. Whether it be that he walked back to his home, drove away, or kept trucking down the open highway. Personally I am still on team local and think that Delphi will probably be shocked when the perp is arrested. JMOO

I haven't been able to keep up with all the threads, but don't think I've seen this info and wanted to make sure. Has the police given any facts about BG regarding his height, weight or shoe size? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler