IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well gang, it is very dark-thirty over my end of the world, so I must bid you all good night.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my posts today. I try to respond individually to everyone but if I missed your response, I apologize.

:bed:

good night folks. Hoping tomorrow brings an arrest of the perp.

I haven't been able to keep up with all the threads, but don't think I've seen this info and wanted to make sure. Has the police given any facts about BG regarding his height, weight or shoe size? Thanks.

nope.

Quick question for the seasoned veterans here to help the newbies reading this thread. How many times have searchers and even SAR dogs walked all around the location where a body is eventually found? Sometimes within just a few feet of the remains. It happens more than you would like to think. Caylee Anthony is one case that comes to mind where several search teams overlooked the remains.
No fault to the searchers, because I know of many a time something gets overlooked in the refrigerator. (Just a little humor to lighten things up a bit)

Re: SAR dogs, off the top of my head, Gabrielle Swainson:

("For days last August, police walked every square inch of the tiny town where missing teen Gabrielle Swainson was last known to be.

But the 5-foot-deep hole where her body was found Thursday night was impossible to see.

In the early days of the search, the FBI had set up its command post at a fire department less than two football fields away. Even cadaver dogs had walked past the grave hidden among trees about 40 yards from railroad tracks off U.S. 1 in Elgin.

Finally, the man charged with Gabrielle’s kidnapping pointed it out to Richland County sheriff’s investigators.

“The monster Freddie Grant took us to a location in Elgin where he buried Gabbiee,” Sheriff Leon Lott said. “This has been 357 days of terror that Gabbiee’s mother and family have endured and that this community has endured. This is not the way we would have liked to end it.”"

http://www.thestate.com/latest-news/article14439380.html )

There's also Maddie Middleton...

( "The unidentified teen knew Madyson Middleton and was near the bin when a detective found her body during a second search Monday evening, Police Chief Kevin Vogel said during an emotional news conference. The boy had reportedly helped look for her."

Snip

"Vogel said the body had been concealed "in a way that was not obvious or readily apparent. If you just opened the top of the bin, you would not have seen the body.""

Snip

"Following Maddy's disappearance, police conducted door-to-door searches of the complex and nearby communities. Authorities searched in nearby woodlands, parks and along the San Lorenzo River. Helicopters, bicycle patrols, dogs and even boats aided*the search.*Middleton's father, Michael, spent much of Monday searching the streets with friends."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/07/28/missing-girl-santa-cruz/30769755/

But dogs HAVE also been useful in so many cases. It's just not guaranteed all the time because there are various factors and variables.

Yes, agree...but the question is why? Why were HS & FBI brought in so early?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

My feeling is this was different than other crimes. It has a distinct signature. It was likely out of the league of the local police department.

My theory of what happened is that this guy was following the girls for awhile, maybe from a distance. I think both girls were very aware of his presence but felt okay to keep hiking since he was so far away. I think once they started down the last bit of the bridge he started to come at them faster and that's why Libby felt uncomfortable enough to capture video of the stalker. It is my opinion that BG was following with malice intent but was waiting for the perfect time to corner them in an absolutely isolated area. I also agree with the poster above that this happened quickly. The girls might have stood off on the platform at the end of the bridge to let him pass and he threatened them and took control there.

All my own opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has it ever been explained why the two girls have different death dates?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

My feeling is this was different that other crimes. It has a distinct signature. It was likely out of the league of the local police department.
Yes..but let's try to think why it is different

My theory of what happened is that this guy was following the girls for awhile, maybe from a distance. I think both girls were very aware of his presence but felt okay to keep hiking since he was so far away. I think once they started down the last bit of the bridge he started to come at them faster and that's why Libby felt uncomfortable enough to capture video of the stalker. It is my opinion that BG was following with malice intent but was waiting for the perfect time to corner them in an absolutely isolated area. I also agree with the poster above that this happened quickly. The girls might have stood off on the platform at the end of the bridge to let him pass and he threatened them and took control there.

All my own opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's my instinct too.

First time poster here. Been following this case very closely. Have never found a case so eerie in my life... two girls alone in a deserted woods, no place to escape, with a large guy closely following them.

I think the theory of them turning up for a 'double-date' is quite plausible. When I started dating, my parent/sibling would drop me off, and a set time would be made on when to pick me up (as is the case here). Had they just gone for a small walk, I'm sure they could have done that in plenty of other locations. The guy acting as the 'boy/s' meeting them has the mentality of a teenage boy down to a tee. A deserted location, including a tall bridge - girls when finding themselves at a dangerous location (in this case, a tall bridge) get clingy, and touchy to their male counterpart. A boy's desire when it comes to a date. It's the perfect location for a date, from a boy's perspective.

I know I sound like a broken record, but, I'm less than one hour away from Delphi. I live in a smaller town than Delphi, and my FIL owns close to 300 acres. Anyway, my hubby and his siblings will go down to clean up the property (burn leaves, chop down trees, etc.). They have always come across something odd that led them to believe someone was living on the property.

I wonder what is meant by "pristine?" Does that mean after LE cleaned it up so well you couldn't tell anything happened there?

I think "pristine" simply meant that he saw no obvious signs of a struggle.

My feeling is this was different than other crimes. It has a distinct signature. It was likely out of the league of the local police department.
Maybe it's more about adding resources to solve a crime as fast as possible, rather than LE incompetence as you describe. Just my opinion.

Yes..but let's try to think why it is different

Ok. I think most crimes in Delphi involve drunk drivers, disorderly conduct type violations, failure to keep up with house payments... from what I can tell. This crime is different. And rare. Not sure it has a signature element to it, and should probably go back and edit my post.

Yes, agree...but the question is why? Why were HS & FBI brought in so early?

JMO, but a couple of reasons, among others. Number one, the victims were minors. Number two, there is an FBI field office in Indy. Almost any time a heinous, violent crime occurs in a town with an FBI field office nearby, the Feds jump.in pretty quickly in varying capacities.

Anyone recall the Amanda Blackburn murder in Indy? Seems the FBI and state police work closely with the local jurisdictions in that area. JMO

My point for stating that RL told him that, is that RL probably got that info from LE accidentally and then basically parroted what he heard to his friend. Which would mean that your theory about knowing a little more than we do would be a pretty good assumption. That, and they also came back to search the property across the street on Friday could all be along the same assumption, that there was another crime scene.

Thank you so much for clarifying. I totally did misunderstood what you meant in your response but it seems that we are actually on the same page. Doh!

The official search - if you mean by fire fighters and such - that didn't start until sometime after dark. Delphi Fire was toned out for the search at 7:02pm. Camden Fire was called for manpower for the search at 8:01pm. There was a regroup called at 8:44pm and call for a briefing at 11:20pm. So the search (at least a ground search) may really have ended somewhere around 11:20pm though there is a scanner broadcast later at 12:50am (concerning parking a vehicle of some sort) that is likely search related.

The next day Delphi Fire was toned out at 7:27am for the searches the next day.

Oh my gosh! I missed this. Would you please provide a link so I can add it to my notes? I keep seeing posts hinting about how LE dropped the ball by calling off the search at dusk. I'd like to be able to chime in with the (your) facts. Thanks in advance!

Have LE at any time said this voice is the voice of the man in the image captured on Liberty's phone?
Just putting it out there, I think the "twist" is that the voice and the BG picture are two different people.That would make this situation "complicated" if they didn't want that known for what ever reason.
Of course I could be completely way off course but that has been my impression since the day the girls were found and i'm yet to see anything that's made me change my mind, if anything I feel more certain each time LE do a press conference. They seem to squirm when media asks anything regarding that subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay