IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
English is not my first language, French is, being a no it all in France is a good thing. I means are intelligent in a good sense.

I love listening to people speaking in French. Lovely language, though I don't remember much from school. Thanks for the explanation. I think it only sounds negative to me because when my spouse says it, it's meant to be a bad thing.

Just to share some insight. I carry concealed all the time, even when I go to the mailbox. I generally carry without any holster, in my pocket, without a bullet in the chamber. And believe it or not I have the gun upside-down in my pocket because it doesn't print that way. I know this all sounds counter-intuitive, but I am not a quick-draw artist or LE. I carry a gun because if the poop hits the fan I want to have a gun available, even if it takes a couple extra seconds to utilize it.

Also, I am right handed, but I shoot with both hands, and am actually more comfortable/accurate shooting with my left hand.

Do you live in the woods where wild animals may attack? If you are having to carry a gun to get your mail because of the threat of human attackers, I would say M O V E! Just saying.

Here is my profile of what I would look for in Abigail Williams and Liberty German's murders.

1. It looks like the guy in the picture has a gun in his jacket. The gun handle looks backwards to me.

2. The weather on the day was a high of 45 around 1 pm. If you have ever gone hiking, your body temperature builds so the hat he has on which looks like a floppy ear hat from a surplus store is interesting as is all the clothes. The sun was out. Maybe he was going against the wind like he was riding a four wheeler or scooter.

Since the crime happened on a Monday and he is not at work maybe he is collecting benefits some kind. So maybe he is former military. Or he could be a homeless guy. That is all I can get from the picture.

Regarding "riding a four wheeler or scooter." Or perhaps a bike? About the shiny things around his ankles. Do people in America use these? https://www.amazon.com/Pant-Cuff-Clips-Bike-Bicycle/dp/B000MM5MSQ

O/T
To whom it concerns,
Please stay. Everyone was a newbie at some point. This is a refreshingly pleasant group, under most circumstances! We do not have the cookie cutter mentality and appreciate and respect views that may differ from our own. Tossing information out there might lead another to a new thought or idea, or just lurking might enable the reader to learn the ropes and actually find their area of specialty here, for example our fabulous map makers! or even those who just welcome the newbies with the emoji symbols:welcome6:! This is a diverse group~

I agree with others on this thread who have said that emotions are running high! There are times for all of us to step away, I consider that healthy.
Feel better! You are normal~
JMO

Thank you for your kindness~and the Rules are why I like it here.:newhere::eek:uch::gomods:

English is not my first language, French is, being a no it all in France is a good thing. I means are intelligent in a good sense.

Being called a 'know-it-all" here is not meant in a good way. It means that the person always speaks like an authority on EVERYTHING, including the best sourdough bread recipe to intel gathering by the CIA. They are frustrating people to have a conversation with. If you say the sky is baby blue with nice fluffy clouds, they will tell you about atmospheric pressure, the names of the clouds and how the blue is really sea blue or periwinkle and just not really a color at all but the refraction of light on particles in the air. Exhausting.

I'm really confused, and am new to this site to forgive me if this is common knowledge.

When I think of sleuthing, I think of detective work, which is looking for evidence and following that forward.

It seems there is just massive googling of sex offenders and RL. I don't think that is very productive or even right.

Obviously the police are looking at sex offenders and have more info than any of us. Further, to think anyone has a suspect in mind from that grainy photo and a sexual abuse past is a bit off.

Calling in tips should be reserved to "my brother looks like that and wasn't home all day" or "I found blood in my dads truck". Not "there's an overweight sex offender in Idaho that could have done it".

"Sluething" a guy already in custody is only to feed a selfish curiosity and has no potential to help, only hurt. I'm sure the many law enforcement agencies working on this have google.

C'mon guys, this is not detective work. It's a good group of people who are anxious to add value and can't because of restricted LE release of evidence. Obviously there is more video and audio, and it's not being released for a reason. Until they release more, they clearly don't need anyone cruising registries and police blotters.
Welcome. So what have you found?

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

I don't think LE has said anyone is innocent as of yet.
Last night reading thru some of the threads, I felt saddened that an innocent man is being sleuthed. I come back here this morning and it's continuing. :facepalm:

Being called a 'know-it-all" here is not meant in a good way. It means that the person always speaks like an authority on EVERYTHING, including the best sourdough bread recipe to intel gathering by the CIA. They are frustrating people to have a conversation with. If you say the sky is baby blue with nice fluffy clouds, they will tell you about atmospheric pressure, the names of the clouds and how the blue is really sea blue or periwinkle and just not really a color at all but the refraction of light on particles in the air. Exhausting.

This is exactly what I was thinking but wouldn't have known where to begin to explain. Thank you TeaTime. That's the kind of person I don't want to seem to be.

Slightly O/T, but a newbie asking for assistance: Could someone please tell me how to Private Message the Moderators? I read everywhere that we should do so, and can find the place to PM, but don't know who to address it to. Do I need to know their user names, or can I just enter "Moderator"? (I tried that and it didn't seem to work.) TIA for any assistance you can give me.

And apparently I am an unintentional and very confused RuleBreaker, and want to apologize to all of you. I will go back to Lurk mode, or just go outside for some fresh air. I am deeply sorry. :iamashamed:
We've all broken the rules at times. At first I thought this was crazy, but ut actually is nice.

If you are on Tapatalk go to the right hand corner and select report.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Is this RL the property owner or the blog owner/former poster here, or both? Sorry for the dumb question. I am a little lost this afternoon.

Is this RL the property owner or the blog owner/former poster here, or both? Sorry for the dumb question. I am a little lost this afternoon.

Property owner. You're not the only one to be confused by the initials.

This is exactly what I was thinking but wouldn't have known where to begin to explain. Thank you TeaTime. That's the kind of person I don't want to seem to be.

You did not come across that way. You were being helpfu. there are so many new posters who may not be familiar with the rules And i am sure they would rather have someone repost the guidelines than violate tos unintentionally.

I work for an animal shelter that is also Animal Law Enforcement. When someone is arrested and there is no one else in the home to care for animals, LE will call ALE and we'll pick up the animals and hold them and give them a chance to reclaim when bonded out, etc. or we'll allow someone to claim the animals the arrested person designates. For smaller municipalities where LE is also ALE or similar, I imagine they would do something similar.

That makes me feel better. Thank you!

I ask about the possibility of a beard because I have had a suspect in mind that I have already called in twice. I have been studying that suspect photo so much my eyes are crossed. The white under his neck looks like it could be gray in a beard. I think the suspect is around late 40's. Many men gray early especially in facial hair. I also think he sports a very bushy mustache.

Kudos if you feel so strongly.

I do know that LE has said NOT to call in twice, but the case that Wondergirl posted above that happened in Tampa Bay area was ONLY due to the fact that the callers faxes and calls were never seen under the pile until they sent a VERY strongly worded message to the investigators that they AGAIN thought the had a clue. They called and faxed multiple times until the lead was seen by investigators. :pullhair:

And indeed it was! If it were not for those two women who again and again sent in the SAME info, even after LE had a wonderful database to follow up.... it was missed.

Angels and demons article posted by Wondergirl...

ETA: Lemme find for others... warning.. it is for :websleuther: that will spend over an hour reading the entire thing... it's a fabulous read :moo: <<--- That cow is an emoticon.. saying "My own opinion" for those folks that are new.

http://reprints.longform.org/angels-demons

RL the property owner is not the same poster here with the blog.

So, you are French living in America and I am American living in France!:loveyou:

I love podcasts and one that I follow is FBI Case file review with Jeri Williams and her most recent podcasts are interviewing the lead agent on the Polly Klass case. It's really interesting. About 35:00 min into the first part they are talking about the rapid FBI response team that worked on that case and the Orion program that leads are "plugged" into and the procedure for following up on leads. I'm finding it really interesting in regard to how they follow up on leads. In the Klass case they had 60,000 leads. There are 2 parts. I'm in the middle or part 1 but I think it's worth listening to if your interested in the investigation side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you live in the woods where wild animals may attack? If you are having to carry a gun to get your mail because of the threat of human attackers, I would say M O V E! Just saying.
Really, nowhere is "safe" anymore. Abby & Libbie thought they were in a safe place.

Remember the IHOP shooting in Carson City NV? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_IHOP_shooting

Even though I have had a CCW for a long time, I rarely carried it. It was shortly after this incident that I decided to never leave home without my gun. I don't want to be hiding under a table holding a salt shaker for defense.

Good Morning :sunshine:

Did a little tidy-up in the thread, so if your post has disappeared, it was part of that process.

This concept is fairly simple:

You ARE allowed to discuss the property owner's arrest because it is public information.

You are NOT allowed to sleuth his personal life or his family or make accusations against them. So, don't use the public information as a stepping stone to start making accusations.

Please keep off-topic posts to a minimum (personal stories, computer issues, etc can be shared through personal messaging)

Websleuths does not allow discussion about religion ... it goes nowhere. This is a crime sleuthing forum ... the odd OMG, or "oh, for god's sake" or "God bless", etc are pretty standard interjections. Don't derail the thread discussion by snarking and sniping or complaining about them.

We also do not get into the social justice issues (i.e. death penalty or gun laws). There will always be disagreement on those issues, and those disagreements will never be brought into accord on a crime sleuthing forum. Websleuths can't fix the entire world. (I dunno though, knowing Tricia, she might have that pencilled in on her list of things to do next week ;))

As much as we appreciate the intent, members should not try to moderate the thread. That is what Mods and Admin are here for. Please just use the Alert feature and let us handle it.

Hope that helps clarify some of the issues (or everyone is sitting there scratching their heads ??)

Sillybilly
WS Admin

Bumping for anyone who missed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads