IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://fox59.com/2017/03/13/police-...est-a-month-into-delphi-murder-investigation/

To me, this statement is telling. It seems that they are looking for a very specific piece of information and I don't know what that could be, beyond a confession.

If they don't have "the" tip after a month and 13,000 tips, a photo, a voice, 6,000 billboards then I losing faith that they will get it.

I am disappointed that they didn't come out and say RL has nothing to do with the murders as they did for the first guy.

From the article:
"Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter told FOX59 News that he thinks the clue to solve the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German is not yet among the more than 13,000 tips that an FBI database sifts through around the clock in order to give Delphi investigators a solid lead in the hunt for their suspect."

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I really do feel for all the social media casualties that this case has caused. A lot of people have been thrown under the bus just because people want to play detective. It's a shame really because families of these people suffer also. Most of all, I feel badly for these victims and their families. The suffering they've been thru and are going thru is just unimaginable. I sincerely hope that BG is arrested soon and these girls families can have some type of closure and begin to heal. It's unfortunate that more lives are being destroyed during the process of seeking out BG .

following *how do you subscribe to this new thread without posting? I can't find where exactly to do that.

HOLD UP (talking to myself)

Libby gave investigators their best clue, a photograph of a white male, between the ages of 25-45, in a blue winter jacket, dressed in jeans and a brown hat.

“It's not often that we have a picture of the suspect, or the sound of his voice,” said Carter. “That’s a first in my career.”

Is this coming from LE? Do we now have an age range and are they now saying he IS wearing a brown hat?

I have a call already into the Reporter Russ McQuaid asking him those very questions. I'll share his response when he calls me back.

Maybe LE, because they've seen more of the video (we've only seen two pictures snipped from the video) has been able to discern what he's wearing better than we'll ever be able to.
Agreed!I firmly believe that LE knows more then we do and probably has a much better idea of what he was wearing .

I don't know, if the victims were geocaching. I don't know, if the BG was geocaching. What I do know is, that it would be a great "excuse" to be just anywhere in the landscape IMO.

Thanks, Nin

RSBM - and hopefully this is okay to discuss. I've been a geocacher for a long time, and it's taken me to some really great places I would never have found on my own. I own no Geocaching labeled clothing or other items [emoji3]. I have a gpsr, but rarely use it anymore, my iPhone works just fine, with a little geo-sense. So agree with Nin. It is valid random reason to be out and about. MOO, etc.

ETA - sorry, Nin, I cut your name off the quote!,,,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was wondering if the perp could still be traced if he used his phone in airplane mode during the attack but I discovered the gps could still be tracked. I wonder if they feel the perp could have taken images or recordings during the attack as a trophy. It's too horrific to think about.

Or possibly they want to see how closely they have been following the case.

At least we know now from the police that the land owner appears to have been arrested on an entirely unrelated charge.

They'd need a search warrant to get a person's phone activity... 30 days And I think it's illegal to ask the cell phone companies to simply give the names of all the cell phone numbers that pinged during the event. Of course the law doesn't stop the NSA or CIA from doing it when they deem necessary... but it is technically illegal.

The entire geocaching angle was taken down back then, so your post was perhaps part of that action. I am glad you had a similar thought. Perhaps you can chime in with it?

-Nin

:confused:

Are we allowed to talk about it again?

Can someone clarify please what is now allowed as I seem to have missed.

Thanks

Also note that it is illegal for NSA or CIA to be surveilling US citizens in the US - that is under FBI's jurisdiction and requires warrants.

[video=twitter;841247468335456256]https://twitter.com/FOX59/status/841247468335456256[/video]

FOX59 News‏
Verified account
@FOX59 2h
2 hours ago

Police continue investigation of several "people of interest" a month into Delphi murder investigation #FOX59Morning

I have looked everywhere for a tan geocaching fanny pack with a sign on it...I can't find one anywhere to purchase...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's one
More of a bag than a "fanny pack" though.
attachment.php

https://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=4178440

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 627
Sniped for brevity
http://fox59.com/2017/03/13/police-...est-a-month-into-delphi-murder-investigation/

I am disappointed that they didn't come out and say RL has nothing to do with the murders as they did for the first guy.

From the article:
"Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter told FOX59 News that he thinks the clue to solve the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German is not yet among the more than 13,000 tips that an FBI database sifts through around the clock in order to give Delphi investigators a solid lead in the hunt for their suspect."

JMO
I am disappointed too!
Time and time again we see LE perform and behave contrary to how we think they should in an investigation. Sometimes our suspicions are warranted but more often than not we find out after the fact that they were being very methodical.
In this case, I think that they have a handle on their operations. IMO, They knew that arresting and holding RL would send out a message (smoke and mirrors) but to whom and for what ends, I have no clue.
I like to gather and find what I think are the puzzle pieces but have a hard time putting them together. RL is a big piece of the puzzle right now which could turn out to be totally nothing!
I do believe RL has nothing at all to do with the crime against the girls.
JMO

Hope this is not one of those cases where they know who did it but do not have enough evidence for a conviction yet or ever. Sorry to be negative. .Things can take some time.

Also note that it is illegal for NSA or CIA to be surveilling US citizens in the US - that is under FBI's jurisdiction and requires warrants.

That i do not believe for a second. Jmo they will use what ever is available to get what they are looking for should they find what they are looking for they will then get the appropiate papers signed to make it legal. Jmo there are ways around making it legal. Nsa has been collecting info on citizens for years. Jmo

As a non US citizen I really would like names of places to be one of a kind, if it exist in one place the name should be taken and not up for use. Joke aside to me peru is machu pichu and Miami is Florida.

After checking with a moderator, I am making this post. Not claiming, this is indeed the GEO CACHING logo, but it is very similar. I see a very distinct cross design with a circle. All my opinion only.

PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS ANY INDIVIDUALS IN CONNECTION WITH GEO CACHING. THIS INCLUDES IN PARTICULAR ANY FAMILY MEMBERS OF THE VICTIMS.

The POI, the pouch, the logo, the symbol for GEO CACHING , the GEO CACHE logo in perspective on the pouch, POI shirt logo, examples of possible GEO CACHING logos:

(algorithm, BW, dynamic brightness, filter applications, contrast adjustments, blacks and whites adjusted)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The design on the POI’s shirt partially seen beneath the open part of the jacket could also possibly be GEO CACHING related. Here is an example of two GEO CACHING logos in comparison to the target design:

attachment.php

IMO, Nin

Bump--for those asking about discussing Geocaching. BBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads