IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“To say we’ve identified a single individual would not be accurate, but we have identified several people of interest,” said Carter, who admitted investigators need to seal off several blind alleys before narrowing their focus in the search for the man in the images and audio Libby captured on her cell phone minutes before she was led to her death.
http://cbs4indy.com/2017/03/13/poli...t-one-month-into-delphi-murder-investigation/

Led to her death? I never heard the three words, "down the hill" as demanding or mean, but as just ssaying where to go. I do wonder if there was casual conversation between the three and he was showing them something of interest before they were out of sight before the attack. Jmo

Good morning everyone. I can't believe it has been a month already, its gone so fast. Whilst waiting for the thread to open I did a little googling, off the back off NIN's post and photos. I typed in 'brown fanny pack', 'geocaching pouch' and a few other descriptions to just familiarize myself once more with what was out there. I looked at google images to find several from each search linked to posts here on WS.

Incredible, WS rules the internets!

"need to seal off several blind alleys "

Not sure what blind alleys they mean.

an alley or road that is closed at one end.
a course of action leading nowhere.
"many technologies that show early promise lead up blind alleys"

Thank you. It makes better sense now.

So is that just a non-american (or perhaps old fashioned) way of saying they need to finish investigating some dead ends to make sure they truly do not lead anywhere?

"blind alley" = "dead end" here/nowadays?

“To say we’ve identified a single individual would not be accurate, but we have identified several people of interest,” said Carter, who admitted investigators need to seal off several blind alleys before narrowing their focus in the search for the man in the images and audio Libby captured on her cell phone minutes before she was led to her death.
http://cbs4indy.com/2017/03/13/poli...t-one-month-into-delphi-murder-investigation/

Also

Saturday night a local man known to investigators was arrested on a probation violation, and there have been several arrests of suspects on drug-related charges during the investigation.

“There’s been multiple arrests based on this investigation of people who have had nothing to do with it,” said Carter, “and I’m sure that will continue.”

They have the day wrong but there it is.

Led to her death? I never heard the three words, "down the hill" as demanding or mean, but as just ssaying where to go. I do wonder if there was casual conversation between the three and he was showing them something of interest before they were out of sight before the attack. Jmo

I always thought is was gid down the hill, because I definitely hear the G sound beforehand. And I always felt it was a command.

From the cbs4indy article linked above

Libby gave investigators their best clue, a photograph of a white male, between the ages of 25-45, in a blue winter jacket, dressed in jeans and a brown hat.

I had not seen this description before. Wonder if it came directly from LE???

It is interesting in this video clip BG's pic shows just a brown shirt to me, not a fanny pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOLD UP (talking to myself)

Libby gave investigators their best clue, a photograph of a white male, between the ages of 25-45, in a blue winter jacket, dressed in jeans and a brown hat.

“It's not often that we have a picture of the suspect, or the sound of his voice,” said Carter. “That’s a first in my career.”

Is this coming from LE? Do we now have an age range and are they now saying he IS wearing a brown hat?

I don't think there was any casual banter.
I do believe he had one girl by the arm and told the other get down the hill.
Jmo

From the cbs4indy article linked above

I had not seen this description before. Wonder if it came directly from LE???

LE's description is not the same as that. It's on the ISP website. They call it a hoodie worn under a blue coat.

I will find the link and edit it in.

http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

"The photograph appears to depict a white male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie."

ETA - oh it's you Jax, sorry I was thinking it was a new poster who may not be familiar with the case forwards and backwards... but since it's you, I think you already know this but are thinking further ahead on this, and speculating that perhaps LE is giving some different descriptions because they clearly don't KNOW what he's wearing, which is why they say it APPEARS he is wearing.. yadda yadda... sorry.

I would be intereted to know if LE is giving differing descriptions as well.

I don't see it either to me it looks like an apple or the Harley Davidson logo IMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

42a4311ea15c0db33f32394271574b26.jpg

I thought the logo kind of looked like this maybe... I posted it a few threads ago and didn't have any takers. So, reposting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol jax, we both noticed at the same time

I think we all read the article while the thread was down...just waiting for it to open to post about the comment re PO's arrest (without naming him) and the description.

First hint of age, etc. that I've seen. BTW, the description sounds accurate to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member