IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost all geocaching logos involve an X and usually the X is in a circle. If you google "geocache logo" you will see many examples. There is one in particular that I think very closely resembles the possible logo on what may be a fanny pack in BG's photo. I don't know how to share photos or I would do so.

Nin just curious what your thoughts are as you have always been very keen on certain things in other cases. How confident are you that is the logo? Just your opinion and thx for all you do with amazing work you put in these cases.:cheers:

NIN is very clear about it being an opinion. However, I will note that it passed moderation approval so that stands for something. Pictures tell a story, don't they?
After checking with a moderator, I am making this post. Not claiming, this is indeed the GEO CACHING logo, but it is very similar. I see a very distinct cross design with a circle. All my opinion only.

After checking with a moderator, I am making this post. Not claiming, this is indeed the GEO CACHING logo, but it is very similar. I see a very distinct cross design with a circle. All my opinion only.

PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS ANY INDIVIDUALS IN CONNECTION WITH GEO CACHING. THIS INCLUDES IN PARTICULAR ANY FAMILY MEMBERS OF THE VICTIMS.

The POI, the pouch, the logo, the symbol for GEO CACHING , the GEO CACHE logo in perspective on the pouch, POI shirt logo, examples of possible GEO CACHING logos:

(algorithm, BW, dynamic brightness, filter applications, contrast adjustments, blacks and whites adjusted)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The design on the POI’s shirt partially seen beneath the open part of the jacket could also possibly be GEO CACHING related. Here is an example of two GEO CACHING logos in comparison to the target design:

attachment.php

IMO, Nin

Do you think the FBI, ISP, CC Sheriff and other agencies involved have considered the geo caching possibility? Maybe that's the "twist."

Do you think the FBI, ISP, CC Sheriff and other agencies involved have considered the geo caching possibility? Maybe that's the "twist."

I think the twist is that Libby was able to capture stuff in her phone. MOO when there's an arrest and trial we will see/hear more of it. I think it's going to play a huge part, they just need to find the actual perp. JMO

One very common logo is the standard geocaching X but this... \ ... part of the X is made to look like a little man who is running. When the first posts were being made about the possible logo and I saw the photo of it for the first time it looked like a little man running. So, that's what grabbed my attention.

I felt it was "treasure hunting" very early on also but it all was brought to a halt, I do understand why though....... maybe too close just MHO

I think the twist is that Libby was able to capture stuff in her phone. MOO when there's an arrest and trial we will see/hear more of it. I think it's going to play a huge part, they just need to find the actual perp. JMO

I myself don't think it's the twist, just asking if anyone thought it could be. In an earlier post I said I thought it was the cell phone pic and audio.

So in Geo Caching, is it possible to create a "cache" as a lure? And has anyone said if either of the girls were into Geo Caching? Just putting this out there... what if a fake cache was "down the hill"?

Hi everyone, I'm new to WS, I joined specifically because of this case. I'm originally from NE Indiana, I'm familiar with Carroll Co., I've been through Delphi, I've been on the Monon trail (not that section, though), so even though I now live and work on the other side of the planet, news of this crime really hit me. I could easily imagine myself at that age walking down those trails, or my nephews now doing the same.... <chills>

Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about the pics of BG. I'm an artist so I did some sketches based on what I can interpret. I'm NOT posting those sketches, as it's obviously just speculation and I don't want them taken out of context. My first instinct was that he was a big guy, stocky, but after looking a little closer and thinking about it, I think his face may be more lean. In the photos released by LE, his head is tilted down, we only see his face at an angle, this would make his cheeks and nose appear broader than they would if we saw him head on. Also we may get the impression of a wider or double chin if his chin is pressed down on the fabric of his jacket/hoodie. It would be helpful if LE would release an estimate on his height. Surely based on the context of the photos (how far apart the rail ties are, for one) a good approximation can be made on how tall he is.

I have to say it's been difficult to keep up with the conversation here, just when I think I've gotten to the end of current discussion, I find an entire new thread has opened!

Here's hoping this SOB is nabbed soon.

Hi everyone, I'm new to WS, I joined specifically because of this case. I'm originally from NE Indiana, I'm familiar with Carroll Co., I've been through Delphi, I've been on the Monon trail (not that section, though), so even though I now live and work on the other side of the planet, news of this crime really hit me. I could easily imagine myself at that age walking down those trails, or my nephews now doing the same.... <chills>

Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about the pics of BG. I'm an artist so I did some sketches based on what I can interpret. I'm NOT posting those sketches, as it's obviously just speculation and I don't want them taken out of context. My first instinct was that he was a big guy, stocky, but after looking a little closer and thinking about it, I think his face may be more lean. In the photos released by LE, his head is tilted down, we only see his face at an angle, this would make his cheeks and nose appear broader than they would if we saw him head on. Also we may get the impression of a wider or double chin if his chin is pressed down on the fabric of his jacket/hoodie. It would be helpful if LE would release an estimate on his height. Surely based on the context of the photos (how far apart the rail ties are, for one) a good approximation can be made on how tall he is.

I have to say it's been difficult to keep up with the conversation here, just when I think I've gotten to the end of current discussion, I find an entire new thread has opened!

Welcome to Websleuths!

:wagon:

So in Geo Caching, is it possible to create a "cache" as a lure? And has anyone said if either of the girls were into Geo Caching? Just putting this out there... what if a fake cache was "down the hill"?

I don't think we can discuss the girls

:welcome: WOW all the way from China. I wonder if you are the only member living there. Good post. Keep 'em coming. :)

We will know something tomorrow. Surely, LE will make a statement, even if via twitter, that the most recent arrest is not connected to the murders and that the person arrested is NOT a suspect and every one needs to stop speculating and spreading rumors.

OR

Not.

They owe us nothing.

BG chose RL's property because he was comfortable there and knew he would have complete privacy. Typical of sexual predators as they take their victim(s) to some place which is out of view of any potential witnesses.

His clothes are too big for him. I do not think these are BG's clothes. The jacket doesn't fit in the arms, the sleeves are all bunched up, it is too big in girth, the pants are too long by inches. These are the clothes of a man at least 3 inches taller and 40 lbs heavier. JMHO

There was a cache under the bridge. There has been speculation that the girls were into it but nothing in msm, so "rumor", JMO. This topic was not up for discussion for the last several threads but with the logo being allowed, I'm wondering if information like this can be discussed so long as it does not lead to sleuthing random individuals? I'm a bit confused and hope I haven't said too much already to violate rules that were set previously about this topic.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Just a note and I'm sure mods will be keeping an eye out, But it is against TOA to go sleuthing Geocaching users and discussing it here. This is what got the topic banned before. People were posting pictures of users and comparing them to the perp. I am going to instead focus on trying to find a fanny pack that has the same logo on it that we can match to BG.

What we see here are the clothes of a geocacher which could be worn by anyone.

There was a cache under the bridge. There has been speculation that the girls were into it but nothing in msm, so "rumor." This topic was not up for discussion for the last several threads but with the logo being allowed, I'm wondering if information like this can be discussed so long as it does not lead to sleuthing random individuals? I'm a bit confused and hope I haven't said too much already to violate rules that were set previously about this topic.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I expect that we can discuss the logo itself and leave the sleuthing individuals out of it....such as not searching FB pages looking for someone wearing the logo. At least that makes sense to me. :) So, for the record I'll say that I'm not seeing what Nin is seeing, but there was a LOT I didn't see...the poodle, the bicycle under the bridge to name two of many images that didn't click for me. But if the images Nin has posted are what is needed for someone to make a connection to someone they know who fits the description, that's what matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member