IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still hundreds of pages behind...but where does it state that A&L were into GCing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking around local geocaching websites, it was noted that a username of an avid cacher appeared to be a family member of one of the girls. Further inspection of the posts showed that the girls often GC'd together with their family. We haven't been allowed to discuss it most of this time because people kept sleuthing other GC'ers which isn't allowed. I'm not sure what the current status of the GC conversation is.

just checking in: Anything new? or should I still assume it was the butler in the dinning room with the candle stick......

wow. good find. did you notice that the unencrypted clue states "under the first plank" !?!?!

The Monon High Bridge Geo Cache location, temporarily disabled on 2-14-17:

attachment.php

-Nin

Source: https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC2AG4J_delphi-trails-highbridge

PLEASE DO NOT POST ABOUT COMMENT SECTION IN LINK

Attachments

• geocache location highbridge.jpg
    geocache location highbridge.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 549
I get the distinct feeling FBI has scaled back. I have no idea why I feel this, but I do. And I wouldn't be surprised if we never received an FBI profile.

IMO they don't have enough information for a "profile". I may be wrong, but I thought it usually takes more than one crime to come up with a profile. So unless the perp strikes again in a similar manner they don't have much to work with. If it weren't for the video of the perp their "profile" probably would have included "white male" and maybe an age range. We already know that from the pics.

IMO if LE doesn't release some piece of evidence, no matter how tiny, this is going to turn into a cold case, I'm afraid. Libby and Abby deserve better.

A scary thought is that LE doesn't have anything they can provide to the public that would generate new tips.

Perhaps there is something in the 13,000 tips generated so far, but this morning's news release did not seem to support that, unfortunately.

MOO
A very wise websleuther, whose name and post # eludes me, posted this link the other day. It was a truely fascinating and, imo, an important read for those of us who sit on the sidelines of an investigation and follow along like we do here. It's regarding a case in Tampa Bay. It puts things into perspective how close yet far the public is during an investigation. The LE's focus is to find the killer(s) responsible. If they have information that they believe the public can help with, they will let us know.

http://reprints.longform.org/angels-demons

Is anyone interested in hearing a profile based solely on psychological factors? I'm NOT a criminal profiler by profession. I'm a trained psychoanalyst (not psychologist) in practice 35 years.

Good night, everyone. Hope everyone has a good night but hope harder, this case is cracked soon. Keep going!

IT HAS BEEN A TRAGIC DAY IN CARROLL COUNTY, INDIANA, the scene of a double murder. One thing they never teach you in journalism school is how creepy it feels to have to cover a homicide.

For several hours I photographed the search for two missing 13-year-old girls. This type of endeavor is stressful for the searchers, the first responders and also the media at the scene. Detectives found the bodies of two missing teens near a rural hiking trail below the abandoned Monon high railroad bridge. The bridge itself in incredibly beautiful making it difficult to witness a horrific murder scene so nearby.

From 75-yards away I could see girls clothing in Deer Creek east of the bridge and knew full well that the girls where found very nearby. To walk in a place that a murderer had walked only a handful of hours earlier is extremely upsetting, but as journalists it is part of the business that simply needs done to tell the news of our area. Photos by J. Kyle Keener / Pharos-Tribune copyright 2017 https://www.facebook.com/jkyle.keener/media_set?set=a.10209763319577780.1073741969.1174987605&type=3

Personally, I'm not buying this reporter's account. From 75 yards away I might be able to make out colors or something that looks like fabric in the water. But "girls clothing"? No way.

A very wise websleuther, whose name and post # eludes me, posted this link the other day. It was a truely fascinating and, imo, an important read for those of us who sit on the sidelines of an investigation and follow along like we do here. It's regarding a case in Tampa Bay. It puts things into perspective how close yet far the public is during an investigation. The LE's focus is to find the killer(s) responsible. If they have information that they believe the public can help with, they will let us know.

http://reprints.longform.org/angels-demons

This really is a fantastic read.

Motive?

Sexual assault?

Did they see a drug deal?

This dude sure had a big gun and seems his coat was stuffed

As I have thought of how and who murdered these girls I have researched and read and been taken aback at the meth problem in Indiana! Tragic. With this so rampant in the region IMO them seeing a drug deal is a good possibility. Maybe on the trail or maybe in the days before.

Personally, I'm not buying this reporter's account. From 75 yards away I might be able to make out colors or something that looks like fabric in the water. But "girls clothing"? No way.

He's a photographer so I'd assume he was looking thru a camera lens.

IMO they don't have enough information for a "profile". I may be wrong, but I thought it usually takes more than one crime to come up with a profile. So unless the perp strikes again in a similar manner they don't have much to work with. If it weren't for the video of the perp their "profile" probably would have included "white male" and maybe an age range. We already know that from the pics.

The FBI has a Behavioral Analysis Unit that specializes in criminal profiling, including developing psychological profiles of unknown criminals.

The Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) is a department of the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation's National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime (NCAVC) that uses behavioral sciences to assist in criminal investigations. The mission of the NCAVC and the BAUs is to provide behavioral based investigative and/or operational support by applying case experience, research, and training to complex and time-sensitive crimes, typically involving acts or threats of violence.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_Analysis_Unit

I don't know how many of you have taken a look at the Holly Bobo case, but in the end, it has turned into a convoluted mess. There are so many people involved.

I have also leaned toward this being a random bizerko on the Delphi trails who took advantage of an opportunity on the bridge. But to rule that theory in, others need to be ruled out.

Some thoughts tonight, and thanks to everyone for their well thought out posts. Keep hoping to wake up to an announcement of a press conference there has been an arrest. Keep thinking and keeping this case alive. So many people visit here.
I cut my teeth on that case. I didn't touch another for a very long time. It was emotionally draining and just all around pissed me off how it was handled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Is anyone interested in hearing a profile based solely on psychological factors? I'm NOT a criminal profiler by profession. I'm a trained psychoanalyst (not psychologist) in practice 35 years.

I would like to see their profile.
Did you read the profile for Lizzie and Lyric's killer.
I read it recently on their thread and I was not impressed..at all..
Just my opinion but It seemed like a profile I could write myself.
Still, I would like to see this one.

Thanks to fellow websleuthers who were kind enough to offer suggestions to reduce the reloading issue. I went to settings, then safari, then at the bottom advanced, then turned off Java. Worked like a charm for both my iPads.

Thank you and to the fellow websleuther. I just followed this and it's so much better on the iPad!

have to put it in perspective, at ground level 75 yrds away( no chance you could tell). From 75 yards away and on a bridge looking down thru a zoom camera lense, I think you would have a lot better perspective. Do I think he could say for certain? NO absolutely not. Do I believe he probably could make a rational conclusion? probably and probably alot more of one than I can make sitting at my computer in Ohio......just my 2cents

Any guesses as to the red thing in the middle of pic 2, at the bottom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No guesses, but you have a excellent eyes to spot that!

Someone suggested earlier that it looked like a cigarette butt but I think they might have meant the object to the left of the red thing. I don't have a clue what the red is, but do agree it might be a butt nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay