IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't figure out how this crime was committed if the perp didn't know how many people were going to be on the trail that day. He could not have known how much traffic there would be or if anyone would happen to come upon him while committing the murders. Maybe there was more than one perp. If so, maybe they were communicating through phones or walkie-talkies...one keeping an eye open for the other. Still, I just can't get over how he did it without being seen by someone. News reports state that a woman, a man, and a couple were also on the trail that day. I assume there were also other teens out that day since it was a day off from school. I just don't get it.
I completely agree.
Unless the other side of the trail is not used by people?
Do people walk along the track then return back the way they came?
Or do they continue on throughout the other end?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

From Crime Watch Daily, Feb 24

Sgt Tony Slocum, Indiana State Police, about 2:33 (I did my best to transcribe correctly):

‘Hopefully someone will recognize that voice and to me, it appears they are saying, down the hill, down the hill, like they’re directing the young ladies where to go. It sounds like it might even be a little exasperated, like he had told them to do that before, and they weren’t quite listening, and he’s telling them to do it.’

https://youtu.be/0VRKYSnF0wE

Excellent job! Thank you, cloudajo!

I have only been a WS member for a few weeks and posts like this disappoint me. It seems extremely likely that the BG is 99.99999% the Perp,
👏
LE have even stated he was "a participant in the girls deaths"
Libby sensed it enough to film him. He was no doubt walking quite rapidly at them from what I can see.
Poor girls.
I'm amazed he has not been caught yet. Imo he has probably been on the suspect list but can't be located .
I doubt he is a local. Too small a town to have not been arrested by now

I have only been a WS member for a few weeks and posts like this disappoint me. It seems extremely likely that the BG is 99.99999% the Perp,

Sorry. We'll try to do better.

In the meantime, Detective Willy . . . :welcome6:

To my knowledge, it was never said that the phone was found on her body.

The daily beast article by Kelly Weill "At the time, police did not say how the photograph had been captured, leading locals to speculate that the picture came from a trail camera, but on Wednesday cops said the image had come from German’s phone, recovered from her body."

IF the BG is innocent he should come foreward bc he would be cleared by DNA,
and then police could send out a new wanted description of the killer,
possibly based on a FBI profile of the killer.

Sorry. We'll try to do better.

In the meantime, Det. Willy . . . :moo: :copcar: :welcome6:

I completely agree.
Unless the other side of the trail is not used by people?
Do people walk along the track then return back the way they came?
Or do they continue on throughout the other end?

I have always thought, based on SM pictures posted prior to the murders of Abby and Libby that most people walk out onto the bridge from the north side over the water and then turn back.

The south side of the bridge is much more isolated. There are some homes and a dirt road/driveway (625) but I think most people access the bridge from the north side with the trail nearby.

Of course, people who live near the south side of the bridge would most likely access the bridge from the south side if they wanted to walk across it.

The bridge is 853 feet long. Anyone on the south end would be almost 3 football fields away from the north end.

Quote Originally Posted by Theforeigner View Post
IF the BG is innocent he should come foreward bc he would be cleared by DNA,
and then police could send out a new wanted description of the killer,
possibly based on a FBI profile of the killer.

What an odd thing to say !

Someone posted he/she was of the opinion that the GN could be innocent, and all I did was reply that IF that was the case he should come foreward bc he would then be cleared by DNA etc.

And by the way, I DO believe that the GM is involved in the murders.

I have always thought, based on SM pictures posted prior to the murders of Abby and Libby that most people walk out onto the bridge from the north side over the water and then turn back.

The south side of the bridge is much more isolated. There are some homes and a dirt road/driveway (625) but I think most people access the bridge from the north side with the trail nearby.

Of course, people who live near the south side of the bridge would most likely access the bridge from the south side if they wanted to walk across it.

The bridge is 853 feet long. Anyone on the south end would be almost 3 football fields away from the north end.
This is what I thought too.
And I'm pretty sure I have read they were supposed to be picked up where they originally entered so I assumed people generally enter from the north,walk along then return back to the original place they entered from.
Appears to be quite thicker bush land and a river to cross through to exit from the south so I assume its unlikely people do that.
BG I believe waited back to make sure they were near the end of track and no one else had entered...then hurriedly caught up to them and knew he had some time at least without others coming along.

He may have had a car parked somewhere near the south side for after his crimes.
He had god knows what stuffed down his jacket and in his pockets. I dont see him walking back along the track to the north ..had to have had an escape route for himself. He preplanned this. He had to have been somewhat familiar with the area.
Possibly even knew the nearby property owner wasnt home (depending on how close that house is).

Same. I'll go even further to suggest that LE did a fair amount of digital revision to the BG images. LE responded very purposefully, when pressed on whether they will release additional images or audio, that what they have released is enough that someone who knows this person will recognize them.

Sort of like, and this is my interpretation of what LE meant: That for a very specific someone or someone(s) who are struggling with coming forward and knows something, if the person they suspect has denied involvement, or said they were somewhere else,...here's an image of said person and audio. You know who this is.

The stills from the video images may have been cropped, zoomed, blurred in certain areas to show less detail, flipped from left to right, right to left, entire areas erased so that the public may Not be able to see or decipher specific details or entire portions within the original still shot from the video. The LE is confident that the person(s) who has seen this knows exactly who this person is regardless of any of the minutiae that has kept us all up late at night. At the last press conference, LE seemed to be zoning in on a very specific Someone or Someone(s).

This is all based on my opinion and thought meanderings.

Well said. :goodpost:IMO.

Good morning everyone. :wave:

I see that some people are still having issues with the website reloading and other things.

I will suggest that you turn off javascript, this has helped me immensely here for about a year now.

Hope that helps.

I've been reading what I can in the news and saw some youtube videos. I decided to join you. I really want this case solved!

It looks to this casual observer that the south side of the bridge where it ends in the woods is sort of a dead end where the girls may have been trapped since the tracks are still way above ground out there.

And didn't it look like there were some small paths down the embankment at "down the hill" so that others had trespassed on the property more than once?

My theory on this is the girls were mucking around on the bridge when BG did something to make the girls feel alarmed so Libby filmed him approaching. I think he then attacked the girls and forced them off the bridge, in the meantime Libby may have put her phone in her pocket while still recording then she has dropped/hidden the phone during the walk down to the creek to be found later by searchers. This is purely hypothetical but makes sense to me....

This is exactly how I thought it might have gone down. And I know that searchers/LE went back there and searched MORE for something. We don't know what. But that area was taped off.

You'd have to go back through every article but a few said it was found on her body. So whether that means phone was in pocket who knows. It just means he wasn't thinking about a clear up. Maybe distracted or didn't care or BG Isn't even the perp and so all they have is someone other guys voice who we don't have a clue what he looks like. Also his image was only captured far far in the distance in one video he may have been fully unaware.

Link please? I have never heard anyone from MSM or LE say they found the phone on her body.

The daily beast article by Kelly Weill "At the time, police did not say how the photograph had been captured, leading locals to speculate that the picture came from a trail camera, but on Wednesday cops said the image had come from German’s phone, recovered from her body."
This is the first I've seen this article and it worded like that. If true, it would rule out speculation that the audio, video and photos came from the cloud. The daily beast is not necessarily the most credible source, however, and I'm not convinced that part wasn't added based on assumption. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I've been reading what I can in the news and saw some youtube videos. I decided to join you. I really want this case solved! It looks to this casual observer that the south side of the bridge where it ends in the woods is sort of a dead end where the girls may have been trapped since the tracks are still way above ground out there. And didn't it look like there were some small paths down the embankment at "down the hill" so that others had trespassed on the property more than once?
Correct, their backs were against a wall, so to speak, with the only way to get away from the bridge was down a slight embankment/hill. I think the consensus here is the perp accosted/abducted them while still on the bridge, he then most likely forced them off of the SE end of the bridge, then down the hill to the creek. My hunch is LE is stumped, no new news to speak of in three weeks. My hunch is the perp probably got it over with quickly, then was able to slip away unnoticed. Roughly an hour after the incident began, there were people on the bridge, and they reported nothing out of the ordinary. The perp got away rather quickly, and had plenty of time to escape the Delphi area.

This is the first I've seen this article and it worded like that. If true, it would rule out speculation that the audio, video and photos came from the cloud. The daily beast is not necessarily the most credible source, however, and I'm not convinced that part wasn't added based on assumption. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I hadn't read that either so I googled the phrase to find the link.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...er-suspected-killer-saying-down-the-hill.html

Trying to catch up, sorry if this has been asked.

Does anyone know if the cache was located on the north or south end of the bridge?

JMO
I dont have a link but I had asked previously too and someone did reply that the cache was on the North side of the bridge. Real close to the end.

This is important to me since I have not outruled the theory that geocaching may have had something to do with this case. Maybe indirectly.

If it truly was on the north side then its possible the girls may have located the cache before we see pictures of the BG.

It also may have nothing to do with the case either and is just interesting to me because it opens up the possibility that the girls may have looked for it and found it before we see the BG video. Because the footage on the video is toward the South side and the alleged location of the Cache is on the North side which they would have already passed and may have stopped around that North side.

This is all assuming they entered from the North side which I think most people agree that is the side they likely entered the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deborah_Swell