IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a difference in how the vowel is pronounced.

Indeed. My friend in Australia says there would be no difference there, in his particular location of Australia at least.

Here in the northeastern US there's a very big difference between git (which would rhyme with pit, hit, mitt) and get (which would rhyme with pet, met, set).

My friend in Florida however says everythign with the "i" sound, including words like "menu" which she says like "minu".

In some places, not much difference at all. In others, a world of it.

Just a quick question.

If sleuthing the property owner is off limits when does it become possible again? When charged?

Charged for what? All he has been charged with is a probation violation...nothing related to the girls.

IF the cache was magnetic, that typically means it's a "micro" cache (think size of a penny) and attached to metal. Generally once you find a micro there isn't much point in finding it again as it would only contain a small piece of paper to sign that you've found it. Someone mentioned that perhaps one girl wanted to show the other the cache. The larger sized caches contain things like trackable items and other trinkets to trade and are more interesting to find. Geocaching generally is a safe, fun activity for the whole family but I guess someone could use the coordinates to ambush an unsuspecting geocacher if they really wanted to. Been involved in the activity for 10 years, seen lots of fantastic out of the way places and met a lot of great people along the way.

The police mentioned from the very beginning for parents to know what their children were up to. Why would LE say that from the get-go?
I should have clarified that I wanted to also ask if the cache boxes are metal?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hi folks. Just logged on for the day (home sick today) and was disappointed to see no new information in the media. LE seem to be frustrated with the amount of misinformation out there - so it would be nice if they'd give the public something else. Why have they not released the cause of death? I don't know...I'm not in LE and I don't pretend to know all of the ins and outs of these large scale investigations...I'm sure they have their reasons. It's just frustrating. One month....:rose:

I've been very bothered by this case so I decided to post the "official FBI poster" for this case on my company bulletin board which reaches over 1500+ people from across the US, UK, and other areas. I don't have great sleuthing skills (not yet), but I can certainly get the word out to more people (outside my very small facebook group). It just bothered me that even though this case had gone national--still no one I've spoken with in NH, MA (suburbs of Boston and Boston) had even heard of the murdered girls. It can't hurt.

OK, so that tape at the track level on the south end of the bridge could just be a barrier to show onlookers not to go down the hill... that there is an official crime scene area down there.

So the point of my question is: Since there are only 2 areas we know about, LE has a good indication that the girls were either killed on the southside and dragged back to the north across the creek (which is unlikely) - or they were march across the creek by force (still unlikely - very easy to lose control of your subjects) and then killed on the north side of the creek.

So, why did they cross the creek? That is a head scratcher for me. I mean, is the north side that much more secluded than the south side??? Doesn't seem to be. Did one of the girls make a run for it across the creek and so he dragged the other girl with him and yelled to her that if she didn;t come back, he would kill her friend?

Again, crossing the creek would be the riskiest move the perpetrator made and why would he do it?

Ok,s

I have no more ideas; only more questions to add.

If the girls were able to make a break for it, why would they attempt the creek? If they were still at the end of the bridge, they could have run out into that open field and maybe found help. OR they could have run under the bridge and followed it back north where they possibly could have found people.

I still can't figure out how this crime was committed if the perp didn't know how many people were going to be on the trail that day. He could not have known how much traffic there would be or if anyone would happen to come upon him while committing the murders. Maybe there was more than one perp. If so, maybe they were communicating through phones or walkie-talkies...one keeping an eye open for the other. Still, I just can't get over how he did it without being seen by someone. News reports state that a woman, a man, and a couple were also on the trail that day. I assume there were also other teens out that day since it was a day off from school. I just don't get it.

I'm thinking one perp and he didn't care that much about being seen. If he's a serial killer he may have wanted an additional level of excitement.

MOO, of course. Just thinking out loud.

just to play devils advocate, It may also be possible that this crime tape was originally stretched across the end of the trail to block off the south end and then moved out of the way to allow LE thru?

You could be so right about that. I was answering the question about more crime scene tape but, of course, I had to add my two cents!!

Having been on "team north" initially, I joined "team south" and have been a staunch supporter since except I cannot reconcile going through the water!

Wasn't it about 2 weeks after they were found that the BG image was released?
I'm thinking it was autosaved elsewhere as some phones do..and not taken from the actual phone itself

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I believe the first release of BG's image was as a POI and it was released within a few days of the murder. He was then listed as a suspect a few days after that.

http://wlfi.com/ap/police-man-in-photos-now-main-suspect-in-2-girls-deaths/ This was on the 19th, 5 days after the discovery of the murders.

I mean, is the north side that much more secluded than the south side??? Doesn't seem to be.
There is a house and a road right there, on the south side. Not on the north, it is much, much more secluded.

Hi folks. Just logged on for the day (home sick today) and was disappointed to see no new information in the media. LE seem to be frustrated with the amount of misinformation out there - so it would be nice if they'd give the public something else. Why have they not released the cause of death? I don't know...I'm not in LE and I don't pretend to know all of the ins and outs of these large scale investigations...I'm sure they have their reasons. It's just frustrating. One month....:rose:
I wholeheartedly agree that LE needs to have another PC and provide us with something more to go on if they still wish for tips to come in. This guy can strike again. People ARE in danger. There IS a KILLER on the loose.

If they have someone in their cross hairs already then ok, I get it, but their posturing and tweets suggest otherwise. Suggests they still need help identifying this person.

I just wanted to clarify that I cannot bold any words on my phone using Tapatalk. So therefore I capitalize. Please i hope no one gets offended as I am NOT shouting.

Which means, that when I take a photo or video using my phone, it also shows up on my iPad at home. So regardless of where the phone ended up, the images could have appeared on the iPad at her home

Where did it say she had an iPhone? People in meth-land (trust me I live in rural USA) usually have Samsung or other more basic devices

Just a quick question.

If sleuthing the property owner is off limits when does it become possible again? When charged?
IF charged in THIS case. Only then. Or if LE names him a POI.

Anybody else notice this ......:thinking:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 584
I see it as a way to keep people from coming to an area that has an active LE investagation going on. Jmo

It's obvious that folks in that trail area do not pay attention to the blockade (TTTT)< fence or no trespassing sign from the well worn path. Jmo

To me it's the same as police putting up crime scene tape at the end of the road, doesn't mean there is evidence there. Jmo

Hi SomebodyKnows - I hope you are still on:

attachment.php
attachment.php

The arrow points to more crime scene tape that is located right off the southeast exit of the bridge.

It would say to me that there must be some evidence there which puts either BG or the girls or all of them at that spot on the southeast side.

HTH!

Pictures are stills taken from this video by Julie Melvin:

[video=youtube;NJopmUgnMAc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJopmUgnMAc&amp;t=142s[/video]

I still can't figure out how this crime was committed if the perp didn't know how many people were going to be on the trail that day. He could not have known how much traffic there would be or if anyone would happen to come upon him while committing the murders. Maybe there was more than one perp. If so, maybe they were communicating through phones or walkie-talkies...one keeping an eye open for the other. Still, I just can't get over how he did it without being seen by someone. News reports state that a woman, a man, and a couple were also on the trail that day. I assume there were also other teens out that day since it was a day off from school. I just don't get it.

These have been my questions since day one as well. It is very atypical behaviour and doesn't at all fit into the profile of child killers. I've been racking my brain about it. I feel that the perp was impulsive, reckless. Was it just a "perfect storm" of events that allowed for the perp to do all of this undetected? Or was there indeed a second person, who acted as the lookout? And if Libby had time to take that video of BG from a distance, why didn't she scream for help? You can literally see someone else's property from where she took the photo.

I should have clarified that I wanted to also ask if the cache boxes are metal?

There are ammo type containers which are metal as well as plastic containers. There are different size "rankings" for caches and my understanding was the bridge cache was a micro so that means IMO that it was a very small (probably coin sized) magnetic container attached to a metal part of the bridge. Or it was a very small plastic container attached somehow to the bridge but that's less likely than the first option. There wouldn't be anything in it other than paper to sign the found log.

Who is GN and GM? Frantically thinking.

My stupid errors, both should have been BG (bridge guy) Too late to correct the errors but I have asked moderators to correct it, hop they do.
So sorry for all the confusion it has caused :(

You could be so right about that. I was answering the question about more crime scene tape but, of course, I had to add my two cents!!

Having been on "team north" initially, I joined "team south" and have been a staunch supporter since except I cannot reconcile going through the water!

same here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member