IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone - there's SO much to read here...are there any suspects or theories?

Nope. The property owner has been arrested and jailed on a probation violation (old DUI charges) but we don't know how he violated his probation and nothing has been said that he has anything to do with this case.

That's all.

I would guess that the level of threat wasn't to the point of screaming when she took that picture. I can't image anyone would start screaming because someone appears to be walking toward them on a bridge.

I was thinking about this early this morning. I can imagine a scenario where they were heading back but he was walking toward them and while they were walking, say, to the right he switched to the same side making them uncomfortable. If he did it again that would be a huge red flag. My feeling is that he passed them and then turned around and followed. Libby kept the phone in her pocket and then started recording as he came up behind them.

Just my opinion as I am a faithful "Team North" devotee. :)

MOO

I was wondering. If you can look at which cell tower the girls phone pinged to then can't you trace what other phone numbers pinged to that tower around the same time?

if anyone has any info on pinging?

Yes. Getting a cell tower dump is something the FBI would have done immediately. Even though they get thousands of phone numbers from people who are not involved they have software to quickly sort through and identify numbers of possible suspects. Then they have to get search warrants to go further to look at individual phone data. But they can seal those warrants so the persons of interest do not know their cell phone data is being reviewed. However they can hit a roadblock if someone uses a burner phone purchased with cash which they discard afterwards. And in that case it would at least help with their profile of the person, leading toward that it was targeted IMO.

Any horses still breathing? How many times and how many ways can the same thing be posted? Sorry, but 20+ threads of the same questions/comments seems excessive and counterproductive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've noticed lately in the pictures from the area that there are alot of large rocks..Could this be the COD?..I say this because if so, then this may have in fact been a crime of opportunity. Maybe the girls did whispher and giggle about this guy (I know this theory has been discussed before) and he just "blew". If so, then maybe someone who is "sitting on the fence" about reporting a tip, may think of the person that looks like BG also is the type of person who can't take a joke, or very sensitive, or belligerent..you know the type of person I'm talking about..always seems to be angry..Anyhoo..if LE could release a profile or COD maybe suggesting this, that person would think more strongly that they know BG..Alot of maybe's and all MOO..I just want this guy caught yesterday!!!!

Hi everyone - there's SO much to read here...are there any suspects or theories?

Multiple arrests and search warrants but no named POI...

UBM;
"“There’s been multiple arrests based on this investigation of people who have had nothing to do with it,” said Carter, “and I’m sure that will continue.”

Investigators have served approximately 70 search warrants and subpoenas, some as far away as Peru in Miami County, and checked on the probation status of dozens of sex offenders, many of whom were cleared as suspects in the murders based on interviews, alibis or polygraph examinations."

http://fox59.com/2017/03/13/police-...est-a-month-into-delphi-murder-investigation/

Can someone please let me know how you would be taken into custody because of a DUI violation. Obviously I understand you could be picked up for DUI again and that would violate the terms.

However, if someone spotted you out at a restaurant having a beer or a glass of wine, is that a violation?

I'm sure it may differ for each state, but as an umbrella statement are DUI violations large or can they be small as well? Such as an off-duty officer seeing you purchase beer at a grocery store.

I would guess that the level of threat wasn't to the point of screaming when she took that picture. I can't image anyone would start screaming because someone appears to be walking toward them on a bridge.

Respectfully, I can't imagine why anyone would take a photo/video of someone coming toward them if they didn't feel threatened.

Can someone please let me know how you would be taken into custody because of a DUI violation. Obviously I understand you could be picked up for DUI again and that would violate the terms.

However, if someone spotted you out at a restaurant having a beer or a glass of wine, is that a violation?

I'm sure it may differ for each state, but as an umbrella statement are DUI violations large or can they be small as well? Such as an off-duty officer seeing you purchase beer at a grocery store.

It certainly would be interesting to know what kinds of things you could do to get yourself hauled back to jail.

It could be anything like that. Also, those on probation waive their 4th amendment rights so a probation officer can show up at your home at any time of the day or night and search without a warrant. If they were to find alcohol in the house or even empty alcohol containers, no matter who that alcohol belonged to, that person can be violated and taken in.

Well I am trying not to check in so many times. This case has upset me so it is hard not to keep checking. I also just got told by someone that they did not want me talking about it to them. I usually do not talk about criminal cases but this one has got to me. Anyhow I will bite my tongue and just keeping checking in but a little less often unless I had something really great to contribute. ....but maybe I will miss important info....

Thank you for explaining. So it is random and small things.

It could be anything like that. Also, those on probation waive their 4th amendment rights so a probation officer can show up at your home at any time of the day or night and search without a warrant. If they were to find alcohol in the house or even empty alcohol containers, no matter who that alcohol belonged to, that person can be violated and taken in.

Any horses still breathing? How many times and how many ways can the same thing be posted? Sorry, but 20+ threads of the same questions/comments seems excessive and counterproductive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:Welcome1: to Websleuths Elemantarywatsonsir.

We don't have a limit on how many times a poster wants to comment on a certain aspect of the case. I have found that Scroll & Roll works wonders and helps me get through the thread faster to focus on what interests me.

Hope that Helps.

It certainly would be interested to know what kinds of things you could do to get yourself hauled back to jail.

People are wondering because they have done this in other cases to keep a suspect detained. However as the police have said they are dealing with all criminal issues that they come across in their investigation. So maybe they are just doing that.

Although this excerpt is from an article about Utah, it is likely relevant in Indiana.

When a judge reviews a probation violation warrant submitted by a probation officer he sets the condition of release. So he may order that the accused be held without bail or he may increase the bail amount and condition or place more restrictions on the accused. Bail can be posted for probation violation, but the defendant must ensure that they have a strong case in their favor..…

In determining whether to grant another bail to the accused a judge goes through the entire list of factors considered to grant the first bail or probation, even more thoroughly. All these are in keeping with Section 1026 of the constitution. The most important consideration is the nature of the crime charged and the circumstances under which the defendant has been accused.
http://badboysbailbondsutah.com/post-bail-on-probation-violation/

I personally can't imagine that LE/the courts/the judge/whatever are seemingly being so harsh with the old man. Obviously he has a history of alcohol abuse, but so do many others, and I'm sure in that area too, and it seems they have been fairly lenient with him thus far, based on what I saw when someone posted his infractions. Why NOW, when this man is kind of being watched by MSM, since it was his property on which the girls were found.. and knowing that it must have caused him much grief for his property to have been chosen as the location for such a horrible event.. and just all of the circumstances that we know about, would indicate that perhaps right NOW, he should be treated a little lighter. Not to mention that people are going to get the wrong impression by him being incarcerated at all, and let alone without bail. It really gives me pause to wonder what the hay is going on.

What's the Illinois case?

What good could come of that ?
Let's not get distracted w discussing virusy phones made for pre teens and low/no income citizens.
Instead how about one common thread that links the Delphi case and the Illinois case a few years back. Both cases involve at least one parent involved w meth addiction, as well as grandparents raising children.

Yes. Getting a cell tower dump is something the FBI would have done immediately. Even though they get thousands of phone numbers from people who are not involved they have software to quickly sort through and identify numbers of possible suspects. Then they have to get search warrants to go further to look at individual phone data. But they can seal those warrants so the persons of interest do not know their cell phone data is being reviewed. However they can hit a roadblock if someone uses a burner phone purchased with cash which they discard afterwards. And in that case it would at least help with their profile of the person, leading toward that it was targeted IMO.

I think that is illegal.

FBI would need a search warrant for an individual's cellphone number. Don't think they can indiscriminately look all all cell phones used at the time.

Molly Mae,
I have to agree with you. I don't think you just take a picture without feeling something. Maybe the girls were spooked because they are "young girls" and alone on a scary bridge.. they get themselves worked up and maybe scare themselves like "woah this guy is creepy.... I'm scared.." Libby snaps the picture from far away and turns around and keeps walking. Maybe they stop, or he speeds up, something triggers her to hit the record button while phone is in her coat pocket.. most likely not with the anticipation of the unthinkable in mind.. maybe to show her grandparents later on or make a Snapchat about the incident.
Something tells me this was not a random act. I do think the BG is involved because if it was a picture of you, wouldn't you have come forward by now and say "hey that's me! And give your statement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en