IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Websleuths, Ironmike84!

:welcome:

I *think* they mean anyone who is showing a weird interest in this case in particular or who is acting strange when the case is on the news or something. For example, a middle aged man who has no children or grandchildren of his own and has never shown an interest in true crime or other cases, who suddenly wants to read every article about this case or who seems to be fishing for information about this case. Something that would seem very out of the ordinary for a specific individual. IMO
If the kids in the local schools are now angry about the lack of arrests in this case, why not have a set of special meetings for them given by LE, featuring the pictures, the audio, and the behavioral BOLOs, and stress that it could be any adult male in the community, not just a relative. Give the kids some guidelines and encouragement so they can at least try to contribute to solving this. Get them to redirect their anger into a force for good.

LE has been very quick to dispell rumors, tell the public not to harass those who had search warrants served against them, and for the public to keep the speculation down. That's why it's such deafening silence that nothing is being said about RL at all. They KNOW that' his arrest was going to cause HUGE speculation, and yet.....nothing. Hmmmm

Hello everyone. I have been lurking around this thread for a few days now, and decided to finally join. I live in the West Lafayette area, so I am probably about 30 minutes from Delphi. I had originally heard that Abby and Libby were missing on a Friend's Facebook feed from the 13th. He had shared it from someone else. To be honest, I had just assumed that maybe they had gotten lost, and that they would turn up that night.

I grew up in a small town in Benton County Indiana, which is about 45 mins to an hour straight west of Delphi. It is a town of about 800 residents, and everybody knows everybody else there.There were nights when I was 15 that I would be out until very late at night, and my parents would be worried sick about me. I always made it home though.. My dad was usually waiting for me.

I remember coming in to work on Valentine's Day, and a co-worker had told me that the missing girls were found dead. To be honest, the whole story didn't make a lot of sense to me at the time. I had wondered why the family would have dropped those girls off alone out there. As the facts came in though, I realized that their families had probably let them go walking there many times before. The area seemed "safe."

I've had several theories about what could have happened, but to be honest, there is so much that we don't know. My initial thought is that this individual might have known that they were going there that day. It is true that there are a lot of random murders, but you would think that with everyone who went out there that day, that someone would have seen the suspect.. I am not saying it is impossible that it was random, but not likely IMHO.

Is it possible that he lured them there? Perhaps posing as someone else? I've heard a lot of people discussing Geocaching, but could it have been Snapchat? Perhaps they believed that they were meeting some young boy there? Maybe the photo posted to Snapchat was to let someone know where they were there? It's all speculation at this point because I don't know anything concrete about the case. It's just my gut feeling.

My other feeling is that either the police know who this guy is, and aren't wanting to tip him off.. Otherwise, they truly do have nothing.. And if so, God help us all.

:welcome: to Websluths Ironmike84.
Thanks for your thoughtful post!

So, yeah, the next tip. So 13,000 tips haven't done it?

I keep asking the same rhetorical question, if they know exactly what they are looking for in a tip and haven't gotten it in 13,000 tips, don't they then need to do something different?

I don't think that they know anything more today than the first day about the suspect.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I appreciate your frustration that a suspect has not been arrested related to this case.

However, "the" tip will be the "next" tip at some point.

We really don't know what all LE is doing to investigate this case or the changes/additions being made in that regard.

Let's hope that today is the day of "the" tip.

The above is my opinion only.

LE has been very quick to dispell rumors, tell the public not to harass those who had search warrants served against them, and for the public to keep the speculation down. That's why it's such deafening silence that nothing is being said about RL at all. They KNOW that' his arrest was going to cause HUGE speculation, and yet.....nothing. Hmmmm

There is an article in the previous thread from earlier this morning with a new quote from LE stating that they've had some arrests while investigating this case none of which have anything to do WITH this case. That was the statement right there IMO.

I have heard it both ways---don't know if it is just me but sometimes it sounds like "Git down the hill" and sometimes just "Down the hill".

ETA: Almost like LE meant to edit out the first word and didn't totally manage it...

I think initially when they reported that recording, it contained both the 4th word, and the background noise, but then later, on other sites (like the FBI's site), they had removed both the 'g' sound and the background noise. Obviously LE doesn't want people to consider the g word, for whatever reason, and wants people to only focus on the 3 words........ which, if you knew the person, would likely be enough to raise enough doubt in the mind that it could be that person, that it would prompt the person to make that call. Does it actually matter whether he said 'down the hill', or 'git down the hill', or 'go down the hill', or whatever, I think it all means the same anyway, and unless we can actually identify the perp from the voice and the photo, it doesn't really help us much. jmo and not meaning that to come off as snide!!!! And not directed at the poster above either, but just in general!!

This statement from yesterday may be as close as we get.

In the process of talking with people during the investigation, Carroll County has cleared several outstanding warrants, Leazenby said, who cautioned Monday that none of these arrests are related to the killings.
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...flood-investigators-delphi-killings/99132962/

So we are just going to ignore that LE said they got the image/audio from her phone and just imagine that it was her ipad, laptop, console computer.

I have seen the articles links multiple times stating that LE got it from her phone. JmO

I agree, I think this has been covered without question.

Also, I think it is important to note that LE states it was taken "from" her phone rather than just saying it was taken "by" her phone, which is implied.

The above is my opinion only.

Does anyone know where Libby's parents are at? Where they reside? Why the grandparents were raising her? Are we allowed to ask these questions?

Does anyone know where Libby's parents are at? Where they reside? Why the grandparents were raising her? Are we allowed to ask these questions?
You can look at publicly available info, like the obituaries. Most of the girls' relatives are listed there.

I still can't figure out how this crime was committed if the perp didn't know how many people were going to be on the trail that day. He could not have known how much traffic there would be or if anyone would happen to come upon him while committing the murders. Maybe there was more than one perp. If so, maybe they were communicating through phones or walkie-talkies...one keeping an eye open for the other. Still, I just can't get over how he did it without being seen by someone. News reports state that a woman, a man, and a couple were also on the trail that day. I assume there were also other teens out that day since it was a day off from school. I just don't get it.

I think whatever happened on that bridge happened quickly and within minutes they were out of view from the bridge. I would imagine between the creek flowing, leaves rustling in the breeze, and people being in their own little worlds, most people wouldn't hear or notice someone walking through the woods, even if they were fairly close by. I don't think we have a confirmed time on anyone being there except for the lone woman who was confirmed to be at the bridge at 3:49 pm. That would have been about 90 minutes after the Snapchat picture of Abby. She saw 3 other people there at the time she was there, but I don't know if they came prior to lone woman or after lone woman. That's a heck of a lot of time to get away from the bridge. My guess is you could be out of viewing distance in about 2-3 minutes at a brisk walking pace and to the area they were found in 5-10 depending on which route they took.

Do most of you think the perp intended to commit the crime so quickly and to leave the bodies in the area and able to be found?

What does it say about the perp that he was able to be videoed?

JMOpinion of the moment :)wave: Inthedetails) is that Abby & Libby did not go willingly. In the struggle BG was too disrupted to consider cellphones or video. I think he didn't succeed in his objectives.

How he got away with this so far is so discouraging.

I don't think it was meant to be a quick crime. I'm not sure if it was Liberty's family coming to pick them up and yelling when they weren't there or searchers in the area that forced him to leave the scene. I think he was rushed and that's why they have the recording. I think he knew the cell phone was there and I think he didn't have time to find it and get out of dodge. But I also don't think he set out that day with the intention of two victims. I'm not even sure murder was his intention.

Curious what others think: LE gathered evidence here, possible struggle, or am I just seeing things? Maybe the abduction site and down the hill?

It appears in that picture that there is a mound of dirt there and maybe the leaves have just blown/settled off of it. It looks like the leaves have settled all around the high parts.

How about this one?
attachment.php

Of course, this is all after the fact and goodness knows how many people have been here since that day. Still, it is interesting.

Again, this still is taken from this youtube video by Julie Melvin

Looks like a well used trail to me. Specifically, that second bend towards the bottom where it curves back left looks a bit dug out, like people have slid a bit and pushed the dirt up. From my experience hiking around in the woods, it takes a lot of use to really carve out a trail like that. If it was just 3 people one time, I'd expect to see leaves smashed/disturbed and maybe some footprints or places where one has slid in the soft ground, but if you pushed the leaves back over, you wouldn't be able to tell it had been used. All just MOO.

We can't really discuss the family, though if those answers were readily available in a mainstream media article we could link to it for informational purposes I think. I had found one ages ago, daily mail I think, that had a lot of info. This was from february sometime, if you choose to go look for it. But we can't sleuth them or place any blame on them for any reason, I do know that much. hope that helps.

Could it be a revenge killing?

Someone was watching either girls' house. Killer wanted to make a point/statement to someone in one of the families (who exactly? I don't know.) so he planned a violent attack.

It happened that he was able to follow a car that day and it sadly ended up being Abigail and Liberty.

Just thinking out loud. MOO

As of Today's date there are no NAMED POIs or suspects. There is a suspect who is unidentified and is the subject in the images taken from Liberty German's phone.

That unidentified male is being referred to here as BG (bridge guy).

T

Correct GGE along with this at the beginning of the thread.

There is an article in the previous thread from earlier this morning with a new quote from LE stating that they've had some arrests while investigating this case none of which have anything to do WITH this case. That was the statement right there IMO.

"Someone is spreading rumors we have DNA on two subjects reference the Delphi investigation. That is not true. No one has been arrested." -sgt kim Riley

Not sure this is the one but this was from this morning or last night

[video=twitter;841467129920647168]https://twitter.com/isplafayette/status/841467129920647168[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member