IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd settle for one person in jail. That would end the rumors.Sgt. Slocum should be working on the next release of information to the public regarding suspect.
I'm sure Slocum has lots of irons in the fire.

Personally, I think this crime was so horrific that they wanted him identified immediately. I think the 6,000 billboards also speaks to that. MY OPINION ONLY

Yes, plus chances are the perp saw the phone pointed towards him and also LE could not identify him at the vigil if he was standing beside them.

For those of us searching for possible reasons for the double murders of Libby and Abby, the following murder that was solved earlier in February in Queens, NY, of Karina Vetrano brings out an interesting theory. She was out jogging on Aug 2, 2016 when she disappeared. Her body was discovered a few hours later.

Basically, the accused murderer 20 yr old Chanel Lewis, who was arrested for the murder, says he just snapped, saw her and starting beating her.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/06/jogger-murder-suspect-i-strangled-her-because-i-was-angry/

This is a very simple solution to a violent crime. No rhyme or reason. Lewis was angry, issues at home, he saw her and just went crazy. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Maybe something as simple as this could be the scenario for Libby and Abby's deaths. I'm not saying it was, just throwing this out there for thought. MOO
I'm catching what your throwing Nonna. I have always maintained IMO, that these poor babies were victims of happenstance. Could just as well have been a lone woman walker or jogger. JMO. IMO.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Question for the ones who have been here a while: Is there a link to a certain part of the basement concerning each case here on WS or do you just have to go down there and ask around?

MOO

You know I was thinking the other day about somebody identifying BG off of his voice, Have you ever listened to the difference btwn someones voice in person and on a recording. I know I probably couldn't identify my wifes voice on a recording unless I knew it was her ahead of time. I'm not sure I have ever heard her voice recorded before. Just one of those things that I think would be hard to distinguish especially with only three words to do so from. just my 2 cents

I absolutely agree with you ... Recorded voices just do not sound the same to me .

Been lurking for a while, absorbing info.

Does anyone know if the original Snapchat images are archived somewhere?

There are many different versions (file format, size etc) from news articles, each having different compression artifacts that can be mis-interpereted.

I was hoping to analyze the closest thing to the original Snapchat images as possible. I have seen two versions of Liberty on the bridge photo that seem to be screenshotted by two different Snapchat users.
Thanks.
Maybe these will provide the best version of the photos.
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/abigail-williams
http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

Hi, welcome,
I'm really interested in what you are saying because I keep thinking I'm going mad with what I'm seeing in some images.
Can you please explain more on "compression artefacts" in laymans terms to a complete novice.
Thank you
Sure, most images are 'compressed' somehow to make the file size smaller (better for transmitting over the internet and storing on a memory card). The compression process throws away some of the originally captured image information to make the file size smaller, but tries to do it in a way that minimizes the visual difference from the original.

Compression artifacts are un-intended fine details in the image that are not real, but simply due to the compression process approximating the original. Hope that makes sense.

I have found about 3 versions of the image of Liberty on the bridge: one version that looks like there *may* be vehicle in the trees on the left hand side and two versions where I don't see that at all.

I know I for one am currently hoping that somebody gets BG really drunk.......I think you know the kind of drunk i'm talking about

Residents of the Carroll County town say this is a community still hurting and still looking over its shoulder. Many say that's not likely to change until there's an arrest for this crime.

"It does bring a total different awareness of how we go about our everyday life," said local veterinarian Dawn Frank.

"This has made us more aware of, you know, when you've walked by a door, you just make sure that it's locked and instead of that...you just assume it's locked," said Delphi Community School Corporation Superintendent Greg Briles.

Those extra precautions extend even after students have left the protection of school buildings.

"I think we're all concerned," said Delphi resident Sarah Hanaway.
"I'm a little leery about going out after dark, never used to bother me. But maybe, I'd like for this to be wrapped up and hopefully we'll have that safe small community feeling come back in," she added.

"Our bus drivers, if they're riding a bus, they're taking that extra minute to make sure they get indoors," explained Briles.

http://www.wthr.com/article/investigators-residents-continue-to-hope-for-break-in-delphi-case

"We're getting tips on local people. We're getting tips on people from all over. We've looked at investigations all the way from the east coast to the west coast. We're not focusing on within 10 miles of Delphi. We're focusing on the whole country," explained Riley about the scope of the investigation.

Investigators have sent evidence to the state lab for testing to determine what, if any, DNA evidence may have been left at the scene.

Riley would not say if the results of that testing had come back.

"I'm not going to comment one way or the other," he said.

Police also addressed rumors about the case that have emerged on social media from the public.

"When somebody says we've got an arrest here and when we don't, that can make people, that can make the bad guy feel more comfortable now cause they went after this guy and not him or her and so it can really mess up the investigation all together," Riley said.

http://www.wthr.com/article/investigators-residents-continue-to-hope-for-break-in-delphi-case

[video=twitter;841768988233371651]https://twitter.com/ISPPeru/status/841768988233371651[/video]

Sgt. Tony Slocum‏@ISPPeru 2m
2 minutes ago

Thx 4 prayers. Police aren't putting out false info nor convicting. Let's B CLEAR, No one has been arrested 4 the murders of Libby and Abby.

Sure, most images are 'compressed' somehow to make the file size smaller (better for transmitting over the internet and storing on a memory card). The compression process throws away some of the originally captured image information to make the file size smaller, but tries to do it in a way that minimizes the visual difference from the original.

Compression artifacts are un-intended fine details in the image that are not real, but simply due to the compression process approximating the original. Hope that makes sense.

I have found about 3 versions of the image of Liberty on the bridge: one version that looks like there *may* be vehicle in the trees on the left hand side and two versions where I don't see that at all.

Good explanation.

Another way of say it is normal jpeg compression is 16 to 1.. meaning, even though you might have 16 pixels that vary slightly from one another, with fine tuned edge definition and fine tuned lighting for each individual pixel ... However, with compression, ALL 16 pixels take the same value of color and brightness..a big fat average that covers all 16 pixels worth of space. This saves space and is almost unnoticeable in a regular non-zoomed picture.

This isn't a problem looking at a picture that's not "blown up." But when you zoom in, now you start to lose detail and instead of 16 pixels of detail, you get one lump 16-pixel block that has no detail.

The only thing I get out of this photos is that the guy has a big nose.

It's my understanding that this hillside is steep and going down right there could involve some sliding and require digging in. I don't think this is a commonly used path to go from the south end of the bridge to the road. Also since this is behind the CS tape I wonder if LE didn't see something and scoop dirt and leaves up to analyze. Maybe someone who has used the bridge can tell us if this is a common path.

I was thinking it was probably done by all of the searchers/LE rather than just suspect + girls. I just don't think 3 people, no matter how much slipping and sliding they did would cause that much disturbance, but I'm quite willing to admit that I could be wrong. Just a gut feeling is all.

This is what I have thought from the beginning...Thank you for coming forward with this information...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a thought.
If the perp had sought out a frequented area - by joggers, walkers, hikers - with a nearby wooded area to hide the body, he probably visited prior to Feb 13. If the rumor of someone being asked for money by a man dressed like the perp is true, I wonder what day it was.
Some have speculated the perp looks like a drifter or kind of bummish. I lean more towards him having transportation and not committing the crimes very close to his own home. More like he lives on the outskirts of Delphi (in a small secluded home or trailer) or on the fringes of one of the larger towns nearby. Living in the edge and out of the way would be why people are not familiar with him and calling in tips. If he lives alone, nobody notices him. If he lives with a spouse or older person they may be disabled and don't watch television news or have a computer.
Now, other thought is if he has to plan, maybe even plan because he is living on disability checks or limited income, I wonder what day disability checks arrive in the mailbox for that area in Indiana. Possibly he had to plan to make the trip to Delphi after he cashed his check. If the encounter with the man asking for money is him, possibly it was around the same date the prior month?
If he does get a disability check, he has to frequent a bank and probably a liquor store. It would be helpful to make sure bank tellers in surrounding towns have seen his photo.

The bridge rightly so, but there are official public trails around the bridge, right? These trails don't connect to the historic trails on the west side of town.

Personally, I think this crime was so horrific that they wanted him identified immediately. I think the 6,000 billboards also speaks to that. MY OPINION ONLY
I know, that's why is say hindsight. He could have been cocky, showed up to the vigil either for appearance sake, or for the thrill of it. Undercover agents equipped with the photo could have identified him and started surveillance.

Sounds far-fetched but LE has been known to go to funerals for just that reason.

I'm just wishful thinking is all. I've run out of things to theorize and I'm at the "if only" point.

You know I was thinking the other day about somebody identifying BG off of his voice, Have you ever listened to the difference btwn someones voice in person and on a recording. I know I probably couldn't identify my wifes voice on a recording unless I knew it was her ahead of time. I'm not sure I have ever heard her voice recorded before. Just one of those things that I think would be hard to distinguish especially with only three words to do so from. just my 2 cents
I agree. But let's say your already thinking of someone based upon the PHOTO released, and then the voice was released and it cements it for you. Could have been helpful that way.

Please use "Reply with Quote". Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members