IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=twitter;842840777021710340]https://twitter.com/VanwykWTHR/status/842840777021710340[/video]

Rich Van Wyk‏@VanwykWTHR 6m
6 minutes ago

Police searching Ron logans home may be here all night. #delphigirls Libby and Abby were found murdered on his property. #wthr
They are on a mission.....

Do we know what the parole violation for DUI was specifically?
I am looking at the guidelines, and wondering what could have led to his arrest. Bolded my me if I think it's a likely reason :)

Snipped from http://www.indianadui.pro/

Will I be placed on probation if I'm convicted of a Indiana DUI?

Yes. If you're convicted of an Indiana DUI / OWI offense you will be placed on probation for some period of time. You will need to comply with the following standard conditions of probation:

Obey all laws. (that's pretty broad, eh?)

Report any arrest or criminal charge to your Probation Officer within 24 hours.

Report to the Probation Department as directed.

Permit your probation officer to visit your home and elsewhere at reasonable times. (Maybe he refused? Could this have aided in PC for the SW?)

Abide by any curfew imposed.

Notify your Probation Officer in writing within 48 hours of any change in address or telephone.

Do not leave the State of Indiana without written permission of your Probation Officer.

Do not carry, use or possess any firearm, destructive device, or dangerous weapon if convicted of a felony. (Possible holster? Was his conviction felony level?)

Do not consume alcohol.

Do not consume, inhale or inject controlled substances unless prescribed to you by a physician.

Submit to drug / alcohol tests at your own expense at the request of the Probation Department or when otherwise directed.

Maintain or seek suitable employment or pursue a course of study or vocational training and shall attend GED or other classes as directed.

Notify your Probation Officer in writing of any changes in employment or educational status within 48 hours.

Successfully complete, at your own expense, and provide proof of completion of any substance abuse treatment, counseling, education and a victim impact program directed by your Probation Officer.

( ) by me. Just spinning my wheels.

OR, that's just a ruse. To put him in protective custody, kind of to clear the area?

Can anyone see if he had any outstanding warrants? If none, I see no reason to bring him in. Again, 2 cents.

I really do not think the bodies were moved post-mortem in this case. Would have been very difficult to do unless dragged, and I think LE would have at least alluded to the fact that folks needed to be on the lookout for sightings of these girls elsewhere, etc. And if they were dragged directly from a building on the property on which they were found, they'd have probably known that right away unless the property owner took very specific steps to make the area look....pristine.

A related possibility could be that the bodies were not moved post-mortem, but there was evidence of the girls leaving the area (perhaps to a nearby building on Logan's property) and returning before their deaths.

I personally think the crime began immediately after the recording, at the creek. I'm starting to suspect one victim was killed immediately while the other was taken nearby to Logan's property by BG, and later returned (either body dumped, or led to site and killed). Possible explanation for differing cause-of-death / time of death. Could explain why cops indicated the public is not in danger as they knew one girl was specifically targeted.

In my opinion PO's house should have been one of the first places searched.

Since he was out of town when the murders were committed the suspect could have hidden clothes or items in the home or outbuildings.

I agree. It seems like CSI 101 to search the buildings quickly on the property where a crime of this nature was committed. It's possible it was and has been kept secret. That would be hard to do but still doable I suppose. Don't you need darkness to use Luminol to check for blood?

No expert but it would depend on what the canine is trained to sniff out.
Some dogs have specialties, drugs, blood, human scent from an article of clothing, explosives, etc etc. Who knows. Jmo

They brought in a canine at the search at RL's house today? I missed that?

It was in the short piece on Inside Edition a few minites ago. NBC (channel 4 in my area of Michigan). I don't know if they replay them online later.

Here is the article with video I saw. @ 1.23 is where he repeats the words "down the hill"

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...rty-where-bodies-of-indiana-hikers-were-found

comments from Logan:
"It was something I couldn't get my emotions around," he said. "You can't believe that something this terrible in this community happened here on my property, in my back yard."

He told Inside Edition that he has an alibi, saying he was buying tropical fish at the time of the murders.

I was not home during the time all this was happening, I was in Lafayette and I didn't get home until 6:30 in the evening and the neighbors stopped and asked permission to look back here for the girls,” he said

....devastated by the discovery of the bodies on his property.

When asked about the image of the suspect, he said: "It's such poor quality, it doesn't look like anyone I’ve ever seen."

“That was like being hit with a bolt of lightning. On my property! You just can't put words to it,” he said.

Interesting! Glad you posted

Edit: Wanted to add it looks like the same hat to me, or at least a very similar one. The comparison of the hips was smart too. The right picture's thighs look a little thicker

attachment.php

Threw this together for comparison

My dad is a Southern good ole boy to his core. Pushing 80 and has a temper that at times scares me. He is almost a replica of the character of Arlo Givens on "Justified."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
My son and his friends thought it would be funny to "ding dong ditch" our neighbors after school one day. I got home and one neighbor informed me the other had called the police. The man that called the police is our single late 70s year old, grouchy "get off my lawn" next door neighbor.

As part of his consequence, while waiting for the police we went to apologize. He opened the door and my son started to apologize but was interrupted with threats that he had two loaded guns right next to the door and he'll shoot him next time. Admittedly, I'm still afraid of him after saying that and terrified that some day one of my kids are going to do something to upset him.

That said, if they have DNA from bg, they would have known long ago if RL was a match. So, either they don't have DNA or his DNA suggests BG is a close family member. I'm leaning toward the latter. Or, of course, there is no DNA match to him directly but they have reason to suspect he was involved or has information that he's not releasing. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

This would support the theory that whoever did this also killed Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins, because in that case the killer moved their bodies post-mortem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh snap!

This has likely been posited before, but the idea that Libby (bless her heart) captured the image of BG over her shoulder while taking a selfie (or pretending to take a selfie) because she felt unnerved by this individual following her and Abigail is absolutely terrifying. Perhaps it wasn't even "I'm scared this guy is going to kill us", maybe it was for posting, say, on social media later: "this weird guy was following us on our walk."

It might explain the odd angle of the image as well as the poor quality (if he was in the distance).

I don't know that I am really adding to the discussion but just feel compelled for some reason to share my own thinking - I do not believe that RL is the BG. If the killer is the man in the pictures, then it simply cannot be him. I realize the image is fuzzy but... I know faces... I have photographed them for a decade. There is so much flesh on the face of BG that is simply not there on RL. As a person ages, they loose a lot of that flesh. I have always put BG in his 40s to early 50s - I simply do not see a 77-year-old. Also, if you look at the shoulders there's a lot of difference - RL has fairly straight shoulders and posture; BG has rounded shoulders.

So... I feel hopeful - obviously something big is happening. But I don't believe they are looking for evidence to make RL their suspect. I think it's a more complicated thing - maybe it is someone known to him; someone who uses his property or is familiar with it. Maybe RL knows a lot more than he lets on. Maybe he didn't discover this info until after his interviews. Or maybe he doesn't know - but has a guess based on knowledge he has that we do not. I dunno. I feel very hopeful - very hopeful. But I simply cannot get on board with RL being BG.

This just in from Alexis McAdams:

BREAKING: ISP,FBI & Carrol Co. Sheriffs served search warrant at home of Ron Logan- owner of the property where the girls bodies were found

[video=twitter;842769551901282304]https://twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/status/842769551901282304[/video]

Wow! I swear I was convinced this morning when I left for work that I would miss something important today. So, I am just now catching up. So this answers one of my questions. I had asked if a search warrant could be served while someone is away from their home. Assuming PO is still in jail but maybe not... way behind here. Frankly, it has been my opinion for awhile that this search was coming. Totally fits my theory and I do not believe PO is BG.

That is correct if you are on probation or paroled out. Whatever your address is, it is subject to search at any time without a warrant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no!! We told you. If you haven't googled his own "recreation" photos of his own crimes yet, spare yourself.....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I did that too, before I watched his confessions.
Wish I could unsee some things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the comparison photos I just don't see it. I keep going back and forth in regards to PO. It would be terrible if he is innocent and has been publicly tried and shamed on SM before being charged; especially at the age of 77. I'm going to wait this out before I throw my hat in the ring with any ideas.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Red by me

WHAT???

I though he was not a suspect. Now trying to see if he is "more of a suspect than we originally thought." So, he is a suspect and has been one all along?

This. is. huge. IMO since I don't see he's BG. I do think he could be grandpa, though I have never looked anyone up.

Do we know that the "he" is RL? Or could it be a relative or someone else connected to the property?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz