IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Power has been out for 2 hours so I'm trying to catch up.

Something I've considered- I haven't looked into it but statistically do murderers have pets? I know a lot start out killing and torturing animals but have a lot of them kept pets? Taking care of an animal requires compassion IMO. People with compassion don't kill other people IMO. I don't even like people compared to my menagerie of animals but I still wouldn't consider killing anyone. RL has a dog, horses and potentially fish. I just can't wrap my mind around someone who provides care to an animal having a disregard for human life. His horses and dog looked in good flesh, not something you can pull off overnight for camera crews. Unless he is going through a large number of animals, I just can't see it.
Maybe he feels that the animals are not going to betray him or damage, and he is furious with people and full of hate.

I think the phone story will be interesting when it's told. Because it couldn't be both left at the scene on her body, as has been stated, and traveling around with the perp, yet found by LE.

I asked about warrants because another case was mired down in debates over pinging vs other location data. The father had reviewed the victim's activity online, and the police, after obtaining a warrant had obtained ping data. At trial, an expert hired by police to further track the victim's movements, showed the entire journey that the victim's phone took to not only the restaurant she drove to, and not only the parking lot she was in, but the space by the dumpster where she parked, the direction she turned in to leave the parking lot, etc., all the way back to her condo parking space, distinguishing that from her, or at least her phone, going inside the condo. Families can't get that kind of info from an app or provider feature, so I really wonder where that phone was when the grandfather tracked it, and at what point on the timeline relative to the murder. Not because I don't believe the family, but because we seem to have a phone with the victim and at another location.

MOO: If the phones were pinging all around town then that suggests that the phones were in a car.

A car was taken from RL's property and . . . .

MOO: LE will check that car for trace evidence of Libby and / or Abby. Even the smallest hint of transfer DNA. . . .

Something I've considered- I haven't looked into it but statistically do murderers have pets? I know a lot start out killing and torturing animals but have a lot of them kept pets? Taking care of an animal requires compassion IMO. People with compassion don't kill other people IMO. I don't even like people compared to my menagerie of animals but I still wouldn't consider killing anyone. RL has a dog, horses and potentially fish. I just can't wrap my mind around someone who provides care to an animal having a disregard for human life. His horses and dog looked in good flesh, not something you can pull off overnight for camera crews. Unless he is going through a large number of animals, I just can't see it.
I think a lot of people have jumped to the conclusion that the killer must be a sadistic serial killer, probably sexually motivated, yet LE has given no evidence that this is the case. The vast majority of murders are not committed by serial killers or sexual predators, and a very large number of killers do keep pets.

This. I grew up on a house overlooking 100 acres, 40 of which we considered the "front yard". You just can't go out and check that for anything in a couple hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly! When I lived in the city, I had an acre of land, which is a large yard in the city. At any rate, I lived near a store and some people were pulled over at the store by the police. A man took off running through my backyard from that vehicle. Police spent hours combing my backyard. Turns out, the reason he fled was drugs, and he dropped them in my yard. I don't know what kind, only that it must have been a small item because they were literally going inch by inch searching and were determined not to leave until it was found.

I currently live on a small farm, 10.5 acres. A neighbor's dog disappeared and we feared it went somewhere to die. We spent DAYS going over every inch, looking in every bush, briar patch, etc, and never did find the dog. To this day, have no idea where that dog went, but it never came back.

I know to some 40 acres doesn't seem like much, but to others, that huge property! All in your perspective. My 10.5 acres is more than I can keep up with, yet the farm across the street is over 300 acres!

Do we know what kind of work RL did, retired? I read upstream someone found a military connection.

Now if someone was threatening harm to my animals like what has happened in the Houston area with service people and backyard dogs, I would definitely hold someone at gun point for hitting or suggesting they were going to hit my dogs with a pipe wrench. We would let the police sort that one out.

Bradley John Murdoch had his dog with him when he encountered British tourists Peter Falconio and Joanna Lees in the Australian outback.

Edit: For the record, IMO I am not convinced that RL is BG.

MOO: If the phones were pinging all around town then that suggests that the phones were in a car.

A car was taken from RL's property and . . . .

MOO: LE will check that car for trace evidence of Libby and / or Abby. Even the smallest hint of transfer DNA. . . .

My point is, the location info the family had may not have been accurate or specific, however, if the phone was in a car, where did the phone end up.

On an earlier thread, someone said that after the girls were found, RL called the media and offered to give interviews. Is this true, does anyone know?

If so, that strikes me as odd behavior, as though he was very eager to get his alibi out there.
JMO but if two girls were killed on my property in a small town where people knew me I'd want my alibi out there too.

I think a lot of people have jumped to the conclusion that the killer must be a sadistic serial killer, probably sexually motivated, yet LE has given no evidence that this is the case. The vast majority of murders are not committed by serial killers or sexual predators, and a very large number of killers do keep pets.

Good point. I've been trying to consider scenarios in which it started as an accident and/or assault and turned into a coverup (through murder). "Twist" could be something unusual like the "obvious" cause of death in fact turning out to be inflicted post-mortem.

“At this time just because we’re serving a search warrant and he’s in jail, I don’t want people to make that connection that he’s under arrest for double homicide because he’s not at this time,” said Sgt. Tony Slocum, Indiana State Police.

“I don’t believe it was just one piece of evidence I think the totality of evidence led to probable cause where a judge was able to issue a search warrant and that’s a normal course of business,” said Sgt. Slocum. “It’s not the first time we served a search warrant in this case.”

http://wishtv.com/2017/03/17/search...mily-continue-in-delphi-double-homicide-case/
Maybe RL DNA had a hit on some other unsolved murder from the past.

That 'pristine' comment has always bothered me. Who describes the woods as pristine, especially when a double murder just occurred on the property?

Not sure I've ever used the word pristine in talking about anything. However, I can see someone in shock about a double murder on their property. Perhaps the word meant to him the land didn't look any different than last time he saw it, and it was expecting to see a blood crime scene, or an area of much disturbance, but he was shocked that he didn't. That he couldn't possibly imagine two people were killed in that area, because it didn't look like anything had happened there to him.

If RL is covering for someone, it must be someone close to him, or someone who he fears. I lean towards the first.

When I watched the helicopter footage, all I kept thinking about were those nearby houses. We see so often the perp is someone closeby. It would explain a lot.

“At this time just because we’re serving a search warrant and he’s in jail, I don’t want people to make that connection that he’s under arrest for double homicide because he’s not at this time,” said Sgt. Tony Slocum, Indiana State Police.

“I don’t believe it was just one piece of evidence I think the totality of evidence led to probable cause where a judge was able to issue a search warrant and that’s a normal course of business,” said Sgt. Slocum. “It’s not the first time we served a search warrant in this case.”

http://wishtv.com/2017/03/17/search...mily-continue-in-delphi-double-homicide-case/
Not double homicide maybe quadruple homicide!

Maybe RL DNA had a hit on some other unsolved murder from the past.
IMO that seems unlikely. They very deliberately said he was not being arrested for double homicide and IMO seemed to hint it was about something else. If his DNA was related to a homicide I think they would not have tried so hard to say he wasn't under arrest for homicide

Do we know what kind of work RL did, retired? I read upstream someone found a military connection.
That was me. I also saw on mylife or one of those sites the occupation was listed as farmer.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Regarding the court order releasing photographic evidence for use in another court case. If RL had domestic and financial issues, could the photos be of property that would be a) under dispute in a divorce and b)required by a court for a bankruptcy or civil matter? One of the parties may not be able to access the property to take more photos or the property may have changed and the photos are required to document the change.

Totally spitballing. I don't think RL is BG. I do think RL is shaking in his boots because he knows BG.

I don't think RL is BG either, but since it's not ruled out...

But your answer is so much more positive than what I initially considered. I was not thinking about property at all, but that makes complete sense!

snipped by me---

I noticed that, too! It seems like a big spiral for someone who seems to have kept it together for a whole lot of years! I can't find anything, other than this "batch" of things from about 2009 (divorce time) until now. There are other RLs with a different middle initial, but nothing from him. People don't luck out for 65 years of no trouble and then all of a sudden start getting caught. His behavior changed. Hopefully, that behavior change started and ended with some bad drinking and driving decisions.

I just dont think it is him. But, if it is, I am going to guess it was a drunk and angry thing. Someone mentioned maybe walking home from the store. I thought the same thing! Did he have a bottle of something in a bag in his jacket? Was he known to walk to the store over the bridge, since he wasnt supposed to be driving and he was no longer married? Did he see them on his property and it set him off? I just hope not. But, I also hope bridge guy is caught. He needs to be found, no matter who it is.

One more thing- we talked about the killer very likely having military background, due to the spot chosen. RL does have military background. In the court docs, the financial filing dated 10-2013 says that documents to military service were submitted......

BBM- I thought that was interesting too. I would imagine the drinking was already a problem prior to the divorce, only because I doubt one picks up drinking at 70 out of the blue. Maybe he had a DD on call back then. I also wonder if there were run-ins with the law that didn't make the books. I know a lot of people that have had run ins with LE numerous times but their records make them out to be upstanding citizens because they were never charged for whatever reason.

Some people move from Indiana to Iowa and then back again is what my opinion is. For some parents, love is unconditional.

I hope they know who BG is and are keeping him under surveillance as we speak. Maybe just need RL to confirm who he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper