IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting .
Why is it every time we look at this photo we see something nee

People start seeing what they want to see! moo No one will recognize the BG guy the photo is terrible. moo. He looks like my husband who is 50!!! moo....

Agree. And since we're only comparing BG's picture to one other person's people will continue to find similarities that might not exist. I wonder how many "BG is RL" comments we'd see if we had pictures of five other men to add to the comparison.

Is there anyone close enough to the bridge who would be willing to take and send measurements of the height of the wooden curb and the width and length of the planks on the bridge?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Anyone?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Should we all stop sleuthing RL just in case?

We know if he's innocent it will ruin his life then....why don't we stop this for now?

Otherwise BG ruins even more lives.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I say yes to no more sleuthing him, unless the time comes that he's named as a suspect. There shouldn't be any more victims in this already tragic case. :(

I wonder if the investigators are still at the property today.

Maybe LE is questioning RL's alibi because he wasn't supposed to be driving when he went to Lafayette. If there is nobody stepping up to say that he or she drove him, that could be why he was incarcerated for a probation violation.

I don't understand why in the world, if RL were BG, he would have left the girls on his property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think that RL is capable of this crime.. he is too old. The LE have stated that the BG looks to be Middle Aged, not a 75 year old man. He gave an interview in the beginning because that's what I think any normal person would do. If he isn't cooperating as much as before, I am sure it's because his lawyer has advised him not to. Just look what people are doing and saying now! If you do a search on this case, his picture and name come up everywhere! I'd be devastated if this were my Grandpa!
I think there is a strong possibility somebody trespassed and maybe it was someone he knew, but doesn't know who it was. It could be a relative, or a close friend of his.. I don't think this was pre-planned. I think someone was on his property that day and it went from there. But there is no way I believe RL did this. JMO

BBM: Interestingly, guilty people give interviews too. In the Sarah Stern case http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...19-Neptune-City-2-Dec-2016-*Arrests*-2/page28 her killer joined the search party and gave an interview to the news. There is no telling what people will do.

I also think the age thing is a moot point. Bring in a weapon and physical ability and age suddenly matter a whole lot less.

My opinion.

I say yes to no more sleuthing him, unless the time comes that he's named as a suspect. There shouldn't be any more victims in this already tragic case. :(
agreed [emoji3]

[bbm]

why is his life ruined? if he's innocent, then their search will help clear him

as for the social media rumours - it's highly unlikely he has read any of it - he's 77 so I doubt he spends much, if any time online

imo, if the killer is not caught, many will always look at PO with suspicion- MUCH more so than if it was just left to stand in the original way- that he was cleared early on.

[bbm]

why is his life ruined? if he's innocent, then their search will help clear him

as for the social media rumours - it's highly unlikely he has read any of it - he's 77 so I doubt he spends much, if any time online
I get your point but people on his town go online it will affect him

Agree. And since we're only comparing BG's picture to one other person's people will continue to find similarities that might not exist. I wonder how many "BG is RL" comments we'd see if we had pictures of five other men to add to the comparison.

BBM - I said something similar earlier. A few threads ago it was a RSO who some were stunned to see looked just like BG. The BG (IMO) is so generic looking. I see men dressed like him in CA and I'm not in a rural area. I think if one is going to sleuth the property owner, it needs to be something better than trying to match him up to a grainy picture.
MOO

I have known quite a few every-day horse riders, and not one had bowed legs. Just saying'...
It's certainly not a universal requirement 😆

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Re: LE saying RL's alibi isn't adding up. This video led the 5 PM news in Indy yesterday. It's cut off, but context is explaining why they are searching RL's property. Sgt. Riley doesn't say outright that RL's alibi doesn't add up, but that seems to be the strong implication: https://youtu.be/Tkqx14nIz-c

RL says himself that he was "cleared early on". Has anyone seen or have text where investigators say he was cleared?

I really dont see any connection. moo only that it was on his property....

I have been wondering this as well...in the past once the search was over LE released a statement. Seems news reporters would be there today reporting if it was over or not...is there a media blackout today?

ITA
Also, do we know what time they finished yesterday? Surely they stopped any outside investigation before dark.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Mcumings
Is there anyone close enough to the bridge who would be willing to take and send measurements of the height of the wooden curb and the width and length of the planks on the bridge?

I think this has been done already. Way back. Maybe by NIN (no it's not) or someone else?

How about this:

Folks who do not want to discuss RL, don't.

Those who DO, and keep it within the allowances Tricia set forth, do.

If you see a post you don't like, skip it! ;)

(MOO, and I am only lurking, mostly anyhoo, so grain of salt)

I just don't want the thread to get locked, guys.

I'm going back and mentally replaying the new information from the past 24 hours and I'm getting hung up on the post where LE said RL was moved to Clinton County jail "for his safety".

I do not think for an instant that he needs protection from LE in Carroll county.

He doesn't need protection from the public - he's in jail.

So it seems obvious he needs protection from other inmates.

But he's in on a probation violation related to drinking and driving as far as we understand it. Other inmates aren't gonna give him a hard time about that.

What kind of charges could possibly be upcoming that LE is troubleshooting ahead of time by moving him to a different county altogether for his own safety?

What kinds of charges do inmates go after one another for?

:thinking:

I'm not being a smartypants, I'm just thinking that there must be more than one kind. right?

(EDITED TO ADD - YES there is, just thought of another one!.. we all know that crimes against children will do it but there IS another one - "narcing" = ratting people out. can we think of more?)

also I can't find that quote to include the link, maybe it was on twitter.. anyone have that handy? thanks!
-------------
ETA - here it is -

Originally Posted by Sisyphus:

The Lafayette newspaper updated their story for the print edition today (or I missed it last night) to note that RL has been moved to another jail for his safety (BBM):

"Police arrested him Saturday on a probation violation warrant stemming from a drunk driving conviction. There is a 15-day probation violation hold on his release, and he remains incarcerated, Riley and Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said earlier this week. Leazenby said he was moved from the Carroll County Jail, where he was originally being held, to an undisclosed jail for his safety."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...h-property-where-delphi-teens-found/99304450/
Ok, totally goung out on a limb here. As we can imagine all of LE is pretty tied up with this in Carroll County. Maybe they moved him "for his safety" not just from inmates, but from harming himself??? Where there would be more "staff" that are not preoccupied with search warrants, tips etc??? JMO

It's times like these that I'm reminded of a scene from an excellent movie by the name of "Doubt". I highly recommend it for those who may not have seen it. But in this scene, the late great Phillip Seymour Hoffman plays a Catholic priest by the name of Father Flynn and he's giving a sermon that, while beneficial to the whole congregation, is aimed particularly at Meryl Streep's character Sister Aloysius who is trying to destroy him through allegations that have no basis in fact, but regardless, she believes them to be true. So here then is Father Flynn's parable, if you will:

Father Brendan Flynn: A woman was gossiping with her friend about a man whom they hardly knew -- I know none of you have ever done this. That night, she had a dream: a great hand appeared over her and pointed down on her. She was immediately seized with an overwhelming sense of guilt. The next day she went to confession. She got the old parish priest, Father O' Rourke, and she told him the whole thing.
'Is gossiping a sin?' she asked the old man. 'Was that God All Mighty's hand pointing down at me? Should I ask for your absolution? Father, have I done something wrong?'
'Yes,' Father O' Rourke answered her. 'Yes, you ignorant, badly-brought-up woman. You have blamed false witness on your neighbor. You played fast and loose with his reputation, and you should be heartily ashamed.'
So, the woman said she was sorry, and asked for forgiveness.
'Not so fast,' says O' Rourke. 'I want you to go home, take a pillow upon your roof, cut it open with a knife, and return here to me.' So, the woman went home: took a pillow off her bed, a knife from the drawer, went up the fire escape to her roof, and stabbed the pillow. Then she went back to the old parish priest as instructed.
'Did you gut the pillow with a knife?' he says.
'Yes, Father.'
'And what were the results?'
'Feathers,' she said.
'Feathers?' he repeated.
'Feathers; everywhere, Father.'
'Now I want you to go back and gather up every last feather that flew out onto the wind,'
'Well,' she said, 'it can't be done. I don't know where they went. The wind took them all over.'
'And that,' said Father O' Rourke, 'is gossip!'

Think twice before ruining someone's life folks...you wouldn't want it to happen to you or one of yours. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax