IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope someone that can link will help me here, but LE said that leads have recently led them to evidence which gives them probable cause for this search warrant. They also made a strange comment about this warrant will determine whether RL will become "higher" up as a suspect.

I am on Tapatalk and for the life of me links elude me. Can someone help? Because I do think this SW is significant.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

"Basically, we're just following up on some tips and interviews and leads that we've gotten," Riley said while blocking traffic on the county road east of Delphi. "We're trying to either clear him or see if he's more of a suspect than what we originally thought."

http://fox59.com/2017/03/17/authori...nt-in-connection-with-delphi-murder-case/amp/

I still think it's that spot. I cannot find another spot near a bridge that fits that. Looking at those wires I think they are very much higher than the trees and the bridge and are simply not visible on Google earth. I gave up with tired eyes too, LOL
It was mentioned that she spent many vacations in Michigan where she enjoyed fishing. This could be anywhere. That together with the overhead power lines lessen the probability of it being Deer Creek. JMO.

Does anyone know if they can/will impound your vehicle if caught driving on a suspended license? If so, this could be one reason for hauling RLs truck off on the flatbed (that would be separate from the search of the property).

In California they will impound the vehicle for 30 days and make you pay impound fees even if you are caught driving someone else's vehicle. My boss' son drove his car on suspended license. They took the car for 30 days and he had to pay $3,000 ($100 per day) to get it back at the end of 30 days. Only way he could have retrieved vehicle earlier was if he filed charges against his son for stealing the vehicle. My boss is an attorney. We tried to get the car earlier but couldn't.

Whoa.. okay I need to apologize for this post. I went and showered and whatnot and came back and was looking for my place in the thread and re-read it, and it totally comes off like I'm being mean-spirited/rude when all it read like to me at the time was neutral/matter of fact... I heard my tone of voice saying it in my head as I was writing it and knew I was "saying" it nicely, like helping a peer study for a test or something... but now reading it, it sounds like a mean old teacher lecturing: :snooty:

I'm really sorry about that. I just have a matter of fact personality and have worked years to try to reign in my emotions when they're not relevent to a situation, but it comes off harsher sometimes I think. :shame: sorry again.
O/T: are you me?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Okay for what it's worth. I really think that dna came back as a match to RL, and they need more evidence to stand up in court since he is not coming clean. :jail:

'To have something like this in your own house, your own home - I just can't get my mind around it yet, it's really difficult,' said Logan. 'I can't comprehend it.'"

That is strange, especially as he uses the term "home / house" for property twice, thus making it less likely that it was just a slip.

Though I have heard my Midwestern farm relatives use the term "my ground" or Uncle Bob's "ground" when referring to fields, I have never heard them use the term 'house" when referring to these things. Thinking about it, they almost go out of their way to differentiate their "home" from business related sheds and barns which maybe in varying states of repair.

I think the police are moving in the right direction in regards to suspicions centered perhaps not so much on RL as an individual, but rather on his property, including the home, and any house guests he may of had.

Okay for what it's worth. I really think that dna came back as a match to RL, and they need more evidence to stand up in court since he is not coming clean. :jail:
DNA is the gold standard. I think if they matched his DNA they're able to indict him only on that. I have zero legal background so I guess JMO.

From an article (link below) on The Indy Channel:

"Ron Logan has owned that piece of land for 53 years and said that the discovery of the girls’ bodies on his property is something he still hasn’t been able to come to terms with.

'To have something like this in your own house, your own home - I just can't get my mind around it yet, it's really difficult,' said Logan. 'I can't comprehend it.'"

I vaguely recollect seeing him say that in a video / news clip, but can't find it again (and my memory might be playing tricks).

Link:
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/delphi-indiana-a-look-at-the-property-where-the-bodies-of-two-missing-teen-girls-were-found

I'm not a big fan of reporters these days. I'd really like to see a video of him saying this.

I still think it's that spot. I cannot find another spot near a bridge that fits that. Looking at those wires I think they are very much higher than the trees and the bridge and are simply not visible on Google earth. I gave up with tired eyes too, LOL

I think it is the spot too, but not confident enough to add it to the case map because of those persky power lines, if I could just spot a pole, like you I gave up too. Logically it also makes sense, If as NiN posted Abby lived just 1/8 mile down N 625 W. I always had a favourite fishing spot not far from home, I used to fish, I'd go as often as I could as a teen, especially in the nice weather.

DNA is the gold standard. I think if they matched his DNA they're able to indict him only on that. I have zero legal background so I guess JMO.

An indictment is issued by a grand jury. It's hard to say whether or not a grand jury, based solely on DNA, would issue an indictment. It's probably more about the circumstances surrounding the DNA discovered, than the fact that it exists.

Even so, a prosecutorial body would likely want to have as much evidence as possible to present to a grand jury. They have RL in jail for 15 days, there's no reason for them to rush a grand jury hearing before they're comfortable.

Then again, some states don't require a grand jury in all circumstances.

Edit: A prosecutor in Indiana can charge by indictment or information without a grand jury.

A grand jury can subpoena evidence as well as compel testimony, which is their main purpose in the state of Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am stating my take on the case. I tend to be pretty quiet most times... but I feel like I have to have my say on things, I feel pretty strongly about this one, and I have for a long while. Sorry this is so long!

At the start of the investigation, LE throws as wide of a net as possible to include as many suspects as possible, so that they can be more assured that the real suspect is included. They accomplished this by a few notable methods: repeatedly asking for tips, setting up a reward, placing electronic billboards far and wide... etc. of course, they also have suspects based in facts of the case - and RL for example would certainly be included due to the fact the bodies were found on his property.

Early in the investigation, they were calling for people who had seen a hitchhiker, or someone carrying a knapsack IIRC. If RL did have a suspended license they may have been trying to find a witness that saw him (because they assumed he wasn't driving) or, he told them he hitchhiked to Lafayette, if that was his "alibi". So, it seems possible that LE was intensely interested in RL from the early days, although that is just a possibility.

Strikingly, we have numerous, numerous, numerous, public appearances by one person, RL. How odd, but! not uncommon that the criminal actually takes to the media and tries to control the story. We at WS have seen this in the past, have we not?

So, fast forward, and we now have a big new investigation into RL's property, including impounding his vehicle for forensics, a long and involved search warrant for items on his property, and in his home. This comes after an initial search of his property that was done weeks ago. Add to this, LE hauled him into custody on a probation violation.

I came to read about this case for the first time after the video stills and the voice capture had been released. But the very first thing I viewed about this case was a news report with an interview of RL within it. The next thing I did was look at earlier news reports that did contain the pictures and the link to the voice capture. As soon as I heard the voice capture, while looking at the stills, I got chills. I was convinced that RL fit the picture and sounded just like the voice... and here we are. I am usually the LAST person, or close to it on the forum to jump on a suspect. I tend to hold out until thee is solid irrefutable evidence. but I got chills, actual chills when I saw them. So I am going with my gut in this one, and really, LE's actions have done nothing whatsoever to dissuade me!

IMHO YMMV

I hope someone that can link will help me here, but LE said that leads have recently led them to evidence which gives them probable cause for this search warrant. They also made a strange comment about this warrant will determine whether RL will become "higher" up as a suspect.

I am on Tapatalk and for the life of me links elude me. Can someone help? Because I do think this SW is significant.

Might be one of these from 17th March:

[video=youtube;I_B9tdkBKa8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_B9tdkBKa8[/video]

[video=youtube;mai87ho2trA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mai87ho2trA[/video]

[video=youtube;Tkqx14nIz-c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkqx14nIz-c[/video]

So earlier, I was going to say exactly this, and CrimeDawg123 beat me to it.

I've lived on a half acre, and lived on 120 acres, and I've always said "my house" when referring to any/all of the property. For example, when purchasing 100 red pines at the Conservation District tree sale, I'd say "I'm planting these at my house," and when I see a grey fox in the woods at the back of my Mother's 80 acres, I tell my friends "I saw a grey fox at my Mom's house." It wasn't in the livingroom, it was 1/4 mile back from the road, and I consider that "at her house."

<snip>

IMO "at my house" is different from "in my house". I doubt you would say you saw a fox in your mom's house or that you were planting trees in your house, unless you really meant inside the house.

JMO

This forum is amazing. I've only been here a short while after discovering it when a local person went missing. I'm impressed by the thorough attention being paid to detail, and most of all, by the politeness and welcoming attitude of all here. You guys are great.

:yeahthat: yesyesyesyesyes. Me too. :highfive:

I'll stop now with the O/T :lipssealed:

That is strange, especially as he uses the term "home / house" for property twice, thus making it less likely that it was just a slip.

Though I have heard my Midwestern farm relatives use the term "my ground" or Uncle Bob's "ground" when referring to fields, I have never heard them use the term 'house" when referring to these things. Thinking about it, they almost go out of their way to differentiate their "home" from business related sheds and barns which maybe in varying states of repair.

I think the police are moving in the right direction in regards to suspicions centered perhaps not so much on RL as an individual, but rather on his property, including the home, and any house guests he may of had.

I think it could be that he said "house", then corrected it to "home", since his entire property is his home. JMO

Although.... it might be meaningless, but one of the news articles that I came across this morning (an earlier article) referred to that pic as being at the same bridge/waterbody, so who knows? Is there a map which would show where hydro lines run in that area?

The power lines don't bother me anymore. I was able to see them and not see them out on the road in the helicopter video. At first I was looking for towers that carried them but the poles are not that big.

MOO

I remember the police telling me when my sister was murdered that it took time checking out all these tips people were telling them...and that they had to do it.

I wonder if all this speculation has caused them to have to go back on to his property to do just what they said (charge or clear) RL... People are attacking each other on here imagine what it would be like living in Delphi.

I don't know what the answer is but right now he is innocent until proven guilty. I think we will have to just wait this one out...

Why do you feel that information is relevant? I'm not following....
Because I thought I read here on WS that he divorced later in life. I don't know why but it just struck me as odd. If the son grew up there on the property and then the parents divorce later in his life it just seems an odd way to phrase it.

On a different subject, did one of the girls live on Bicycle Rd or N 1000 W?

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

Let me answer this for you as I and a few other worked on this extensively! We thought it was taken at the creek near the bridge. I did a mock up of where exactly I thought Abby is positioned on a map. Everything lined up perfectly except for one, important element that we could not locate and that is the wires overhead on the picture. None of us was able to find those wires in any photo or video so we had to conclude that the picture was taken elsewhere. We all got very googly-eyed trying to find the wires and in the end we all decided to drop it. Still here is my map if you want to search for yourself:

attachment.php

HTH!

I have property that I have owned for approx 15 years, and have been doing a lot of work on (clearing, planting, mowing fields, etc.) When I look at satellite and google images of my own land, I can tell which year and season the images are from, because of the features captured in the images. While the addition or removal of overhead lines is not something that happens often, it does happen (just happened on my own land last spring.) So, presence of power lines can't always be taken as proof positive. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey