IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You hit the nail on the bossy head. As long as we add JMO and stick to TOS anyone should be able to post without fear of being ridiculed or insulted.

BTW, in the stickies there seems to be openings if anyone is interested in moderation, then you CAN tell people how to post, lol.[emoji6]

Mods are what make Websleuths the incredible experience that it is. I couldn't even imagine stepping into those shoes.
[emoji176] [emoji176] love our mods to pieces

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

A poster has to know his or her limitations. I'm too cranky like Dirty Harry (Harriet in my case) because several times I had to walk away from the keyboard before I unloaded on someone for either being really stupid or dictatorial. But at least I know it. 😉

In the Carroll Circuit Court, Carroll County, Indiana
Case No. 08C01-1307-PO-000025
Order has expired.
[h=3]A Protective Order has been filed against:[/h][h=2]Ron Logan[/h] Respondent
City: Delphi, IN
Born: 1939

• Order issued on:
    8/2/2013
  • Respondent has not yet been served
  • Order expired on:
    8/2/2014

https://mycourts.in.gov/PORP/Search/Detail?ID=792930

FYI, for those hoping LE would speak or release more info today (like me), it doesn't look like that is going to happen.
[video=twitter;843850043295764485]https://twitter.com/ISPLafayette/status/843850043295764485[/video]
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 12.27.28 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 12.27.28 PM.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 551
I have no idea if the truck is RL's or who it is registered to. My question is do we know he can't own a vehicle?Even if his license was suspended for a period of time would they force him to sell any vehicles he had?
I had a previous co-worker who had a DUI and a suspended license. His son drove his car during the year he could not drive, bringing his Dad to work, etc. I never asked if he had to re-register it though and it was not in Indiana.
The only thing I am aware of is if you have a federal tax lien at a certain point you can only have one vehicle and one property. Had neighbors with a failed business and poor tax records/missed payments and they had to go down to one vehicle and sell their mountain cabin. That was years ago and again I don't know the details.
So, just curious about whether RL could own vehicles and the info I provided is basically MOO because I don't have details and links or statutes to back it up.

His probation stated no ownership of motorized vehicles I do believe, sorry I can't go back right now a repost it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Deepeaches!
My stuck in the 80s eyes keep reading your handle as Depeche (as in Mode)...
Anyhoo...Us elderly folks that are 50ish sometimes lose track...Now where was I?..Oh yep, WELCOME TO THE NUTHOUSE[emoji6]

I first thought it was deep peaches then I realized there was only one "p" so I read it again and thought "what is deep eaches?" I had to pause and then realized oh! dee peaches. Yay! Gold star for me!!

:wagon:
Welcome Deep eaches (I will always think that you know) unless you're offended of course and then I will blot it out and correct my thinking!

And I'm so curious as to why. If this vehicle was used for ANYTHING to do with this crime, it's a shame it wasn't under LEs control weeks earlier. My God, they analyzed a blade of grass on Enrique Aroches undercarriage in the Christina Morris case

Why? The bodies were found on RL's property, in a secluded spot. LE had no reason to believe he or anything else on his property were involved in the crimes. They would have had to get a warrant, from a judge in a small community. RL has no convictions for violent crimes.

FYI, for those hoping LE would speak or release more info today (like me), it doesn't look like that is going to happen.
[video=twitter;843850043295764485]https://twitter.com/ISPLafayette/status/843850043295764485[/video]
attachment.php

Well, that's the SP. Maybe local LE will make a statement (but I doubt it).

ETA: I can't get my edit function to work.

Does anyone know the reason for the protective order? TIA.

In the Carroll Circuit Court, Carroll County, Indiana
Case No. 08C01-1307-PO-000025
Order has expired.
A Protective Order has been filed against:

Ron Logan

Respondent
City: Delphi, IN
Born: 1939

• Order issued on:
    8/2/2013
  • Respondent has not yet been served
  • Order expired on:
    8/2/2014

https://mycourts.in.gov/PORP/Search/Detail?ID=792930

Gosh, being on the other side of the globe is hard!

Everyone is back for discussion and I'm falling asleep!! [emoji42] (it's 3am here)

I just wanted to chime in that <modsnip> just thought it was interesting because it sounds like the people living in Delphi have no suspicions of RL, only outsiders! <modsnip>
I suppose we will hopefullllly know more confirmed info soon by LE. [emoji102]

Ok goodnight everyone, looking forward to my morning reading tomorrow [emoji42][emoji42]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off topic

Hi ambi welcome to Websleuths and thank you for joining us. Wow Melbourne, Australia it's amazing where all of us come from we are so far away but connected via the Internet. I would love to visit your country and see Bondi beach, Melbourne, Sydney and the street the soap opera Neighbours is filmed on. It's on my bucket list.

(O/T?) I think RL has information, but I don't think he's BG. From court records, and maybe I just haven't been able to find anything prior, it seems like when his wife filed for divorce, everything fell apart for him. The Indiana public court records site is one of the better systems that I've searched, with cases on other individuals I've looked up going back at least as far as the 90's, maybe more. RL has nothing (that I can find) filed in Indiana courts prior to his divorce filing in '09. Then, he begins collecting DUI's and other charges afterwards. Seems to me either his ex-wife kept his destructive behavior in check, or his wife filing for divorce set self destructive behavior in motion. And now, 2 little girls found murdered on his property. I could be wrong, maybe I'm missing information, and if I am, correct me please. I feel sorry for the guy. He's now THE person of interest in a lot of peoples eyes. I just think he's a sad old man caught up in a bad situation. MOO, of course

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

His step-son dies, his marriage ends and he finds himself alone at a time when support is vital. The pain, loneliness and silence must be devastating.

My precious son died 18 months ago at 33. I had him when I was 17 and it was just the two of us until he was 17 and I met my husband. The pain of losing him is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I am lucky to have my 15 y/o daughter and 13 y/o son, my husband, my mom, my sister and a huge family on my husband's side. And work. It keeps me busy. But at night when everyone else is asleep or when I'm driving alone in the car, the pain of his loss is crushingly ever-present.

I couldn't blame him for turning to alcohol to kill the pain. I don't condone the driving part, but - and I pray I am not wrong - I have sympathy for RL and it is tragic that his life has become this nightmare at his age.

My deepest sympathies are with the families and friends of Abby & Libby. There are no words.

There's no way a 77 y/o man with health issues comitted this crime. I doubt RL has ever been on that bridge, and besides, it's private property. He would have to have walked from his property, across some ground on his propety below the cemetery, across land adjacent to the creek which is on an incline to the NW approach to the bridge, across a 850 foot long bridge, abducted the girls, walked downhill to the creek, traversed the creek, and then walked uphill another 50-70 feet, killed the girls, then walked uphill across difficult terrrain to his property.
Real question: aside from his alcoholism which is a very real disease I concede), what other health problems have we verified for RL? My late FIL was an avid jogger, racquet ball and tennis player well into age 75. He was also the sweetest old man that every person on the neighborhood loved. He died as a result of suicide a week after his son, my husband found out he sexually molested 2 of his grandbabies when they were little boys.

Age is just a number. I have no opinion yet whether he is our guy. I'm up on my fence. But please don't let his age be a deciding factor ok? JMO, trying to spread awareness.

I don't know about you but I clearly see a gun under his jacket. You don't even have to enlarge. It's clear in the thumbnail.View attachment 113153

Clear as DAY, EntreNous, but not everyone here agrees. If there's one thing I bank on in this case, THAT IS A GUN. But don't want to go round in circles again about it could be salami or cheezits. Sorry not being disrespectful to the people who don't see it.

I would think that if the vehicle were seized in relation to the DUI, they would not have sealed it up with the red tape. That usually indicates to me that it will be sent to forensics to be processed for possible evidence. Just my opinion!
Also, hello! This is my first post. I've been reading about this case for awhile now and registered due to interest in this case.
Maybe trying to match fibers found on or near girls or evidence.

I have something that looks exactly like that under my left eye in the same location. I had it looked at by a doctor because I thought it looked like a strange mole. It turns out that it's just a blood vessel. I'm not that old and apparently it's quite common. It's probably more common with people in RL age range. Just my opinion!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Telangiectasia?

Maybe trying to match fibers found on or near girls or evidence.

Or possibly they have tracked it on surveillance video from area businesses in the same areas Libby's phone pinged. Perhaps they even have surveillance video of BG in a white pickup.

I have no idea if the truck is RL's or who it is registered to. My question is do we know he can't own a vehicle?Even if his license was suspended for a period of time would they force him to sell any vehicles he had?
I had a previous co-worker who had a DUI and a suspended license. His son drove his car during the year he could not drive, bringing his Dad to work, etc. I never asked if he had to re-register it though and it was not in Indiana.
The only thing I am aware of is if you have a federal tax lien at a certain point you can only have one vehicle and one property. Had neighbors with a failed business and poor tax records/missed payments and they had to go down to one vehicle and sell their mountain cabin. That was years ago and again I don't know the details.
So, just curious about whether RL could own vehicles and the info I provided is basically MOO because I don't have details and links or statutes to back it up.

It's his vehicle. That was answered a few pages back.

Clear as DAY, EntreNous, but not everyone here agrees. If there's one thing I bank on in this case, THAT IS A GUN. But don't want to go round in circles again about it could be salami or cheezits. Sorry not being disrespectful to the people who don't see it.

Me too.

As mentioned upstream, I too wonder if he let someone hunt on his property? Or go fishing.

Fishing buddy? (If so, I wouldn't think he'd take the rap for a fishing buddy). Again brings me back to someone he really cares about IF he's covering for someone.) Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
documentaryh