IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...And failing something like that, he might have just been nervous to have to give an interview to major media outlets. I sure would be.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Oh dear, I first read that as "major media cutlets". :giggle:

I saw this new photo of the teacher in TN a few minutes ago and thought...geesh is there a clothing store called "predators r us," that only sell navy jacket/hoodies and brown/camo hats? I don't think it's connected but hey worth sleuthing where he was February 13th/14th, I'm unsure if he was terminated earlier in the year or in March?

This made me chuckle - just saying...

I suppose at this point there won't be another press conference until and unless there is an actual arrest -- does anybody else find it strange that LE has not give any more press briefings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More telling, IMO, than strange.

I think if they hit a brick wall and don't know exactly who did it they'd be engaging with the press more because they'd need tips more desperately. It seems like they're on autopilot, still asking for tips, but I think they know and are just making sure the case they're putting together sticks.

Unless I'm mistaken, I seem to remember that the online diagnosis was for COPD.

I remember that one too... but I thought today's discussion was on alcoholism...hmmm. Maybe I'm just confused but for the record you can't diagnose that on the basis of a youtube video either. I suppose you could hold a stethoscope up to a computer screen to listen to breath sounds, but the assessment would be suspect. Also hard to get an O2 saturation that way..RL is 77 yo and drinks enough now and then to get himself in trouble for DUI's that's about as much as we know about his health status.

I suppose at this point there won't be another press conference until and unless there is an actual arrest -- does anybody else find it strange that LE has not give any more press briefings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dont think its strange especially if theres nothing new to report.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I remember that one too... but I thought today's discussion was on alcoholism...hmmm. Maybe I'm just confused but for the record you can't diagnose that on the basis of a youtube video either. I suppose you could hold a stethoscope up to a computer screen to listen to breath sounds, but the assessment would be suspect. Also hard to get an O2 saturation that way..RL is 77 yo and drinks enough now and then to get himself in trouble for DUI's that's about as much as we know about his health status.
Oh it could well be. I'm terribly behind. When I joined it today there were something like 90 threads! I thought maybe they had a breakthrough. I gave up trying to read sequentially enjoying that about the 75-page mark. Then again this could just be the fault of the device I'm using. Apologies if I took something out of order and caused confusion!

Unless I'm mistaken, I seem to remember that the online diagnosis was for COPD.

Well, COPD is a very complicated diagnose requiring certain symptoms and issues recurring. IMO, because I am not a medical professional but work in an industry related in a way. And even a medical professional could give you all the requirements for diagnoses but it would be extremely unprofessional to diagnose anyone over the internet with no medical history.

Or rosacea?

I know people who've spent a lot of time outside or that work outside with "red, ruddy skin" (broken capillaries). IMO it's not unusual for skin that is repeatedly exposed to sun, wind, heat, cold, etc, to have this look, but it doesn't happen to everyone. I think genetics must play a role in it. I think long term alcohol abusers tend to get red, ruddy skin, but not always, and that's not always the reason for that look either. I'm not trying to sound snarky....I just want to say people say that long term alcohol abusers end up with large red noses too. I'm not saying this happens to everyone who abuses alcohol, but it does happen. Who knows why RL has that look could be a variety of reasons.

When I originally watched the very first news video where RL is showing areas of his property I distinctly remember thinking - "wow, he looks like the guy in the photo" - followed by - "surely he wouldn't be dumb enough to have his face all over the news". Maybe (if it was him, and I haven't formed an opinion yet), perhaps he thought he could hide in plain sight.

Yes, some people have commented that BG resembles Tad Cummins who is currently wanted for the kidnapping of a 15 year old student of his. Personally I think it just speaks to the fact that the image is not a great one (which LE admitted when they released it)

The discussion for the current AMBER ALERT is located here:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-Thomas-15-Maury-County-13-March-2017/page24

I am sorry to everybody if I screwed up. I see now this has been out there for 3-4 days, and I just saw it here in the above post. The resemblance to BG made me lose my mind. My sincere apologies. :iamashamed: :gomods:

I think LE's tweet that says he is not connected to the crime says that.

Yes, but that tweet stating he's not connected to the crime was three days *before* the search warrant was issued for RL's property. LE has stated that the warrant was issued so that can either eliminate him as a suspect OR move him further up the list.

IMO, LE received new information between 3/14 and 3/17 which caused them to take a closer look at RL.

I saw this new photo of the teacher in TN a few minutes ago and thought...geesh is there a clothing store called "predators r us," that only sell navy jacket/hoodies and brown/camo hats? I don't think it's connected but hey worth sleuthing where he was February 13th/14th, I'm unsure if he was terminated earlier in the year or in March?

Well, the county district he is from was in session on February 13th according to their school calendar...

http://local12.com/news/nation-world/owner-of-property-where-ind-teenagers-were-found-dead-in-jail

The man who owns the property where the two girls were found is in jail. Ron Logan was supposed to be in court Monday, but it's been pushed out.

He's accused of violating his parole stemming from a 2014 DUI.

Police are still searching his home and property for evidence in the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German. The girls were found dead after going hiking on his property.

Officers won't say what led them to search the area, but they say Logan isn't cooperating with them.

Authorities say if they find anything that connects Logan to the murders, it'll take a while to analyze it.

They're reminding everyone to let them handle the case and not jump to conclusions.

It seems they are still searching the property which is news... and they have pretty much said not to expect results from that to be back for a while, which is different from what occurred with other SW's. Not saying that mean anything, just that it's different.

No. Personally I can't see the yellow eyes thing. The DUIs are another issue.

On paper I see a man flirting with alcoholism. (Not an official diagnosis - he might be an alcoholic, he might be irresponsible, he might be self medicating. Etc.)

His face - he's 77 and as a farmer probably has spent a lot of time in the sun. (Which could also explain any yellowing of his sclera.) So who knows what's up with his face and does it matter? I have to admit I'm a bit lost on why this is even being brought up.

MOO, but I and many others think RL is not the BG. This case is full of twists and not only were two innocent girls murdered, but where they were discovered is opening up another issue and that is RL. We have found out about his personal troubles and I truly think that is overshadowing this case. Everyone is ready to convict him because of his past and present trouble. Why put up all those billboards to smoke a drunk out? LE probably investigated him a long time ago because I know that LE can search on their database for criminal records from anyone being a witness or the accused. His property and home was not thoroughly searched in the beginning and they probably got tips to check him out more. So.....the BG is still out there laughing at getting away with this heinous crime.

Oh ok. Got it! It's kind of the sense you get.

The thing is, I don't think people are willing to convict him on his past. At least not here. His record can be some indication of his character as other killers have had similar pasts. Or not! I think it's the probable cause SW that has people's ears perked up.

They may indeed have had tips. We shall see what happens. I can't rule him out until LE does. But I'm open to him being totally uninvolved. Just going on past experience though...

LE has never called RL a suspect or person of interest. They said his arrest was not related to the murders but was a probation violation related to his DUI convictions.

He was moved from Carroll County jail to Clinton County the night before they searched his property for his safety per LE.

The day of the search, LE confirmed that the search was related to the homicides. One public information officer said that they were attempting to clear him or move him up as a suspect.

That's what we know. He was supposed to have a hearing today on the probation violation.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for that. Interesting. Did he get a bail amount yet?

Hey Gitana1, just the legal expert we need today!!!

They've actually stated it's a probable cause SW.

In your opinion (which I value very much), do you think they took him in on his unrelated probation violation prior to the SW for probable cause as a calculated move? I think LE are much smarter than alot of people have been insinuating and perhaps RL has been their chief POI since day one. What do you think?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yes. I do. That fits the pattern of cases we've seen. They get to a certain point and want to put on pressure and get a possible perp off the street on something minor while they continue investigating and gathering evidence because once they charge with murder, the clock starts ticking.

I don't know what they have on him or whether they think he's done something or knows something. But SW's aren't taken lightly.

Tom Powell - Fort Wayne's NBC
5 mins ·
UPDATE: Ron Logan had an Evidentiary Hearing scheduled today on his Probation Violation Charge. I'm told it's been continued. His attorney tells me he remains in custody. You'll remember police searched Logan's property in Delphi Friday. It's the same property where two Delphi teens were found murdered. I asked police for an update on the search. I'm told they were there from 9:30 AM Friday until 11PM Friday. Investigators are still going over what they found. Logan has NOT been charged in connection to the deaths of the two girls. He remains in custody on the unrelated probation violation charge. They are still working on rescheduling the Evidentiary Hearing.

http://local12.com/news/nation-world/owner-of-property-where-ind-teenagers-were-found-dead-in-jail

The man who owns the property where the two girls were found is in jail. Ron Logan was supposed to be in court Monday, but it's been pushed out.

He's accused of violating his parole stemming from a 2014 DUI.

Police are still searching his home and property for evidence in the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German. The girls were found dead after going hiking on his property.

Officers won't say what led them to search the area, but they say Logan isn't cooperating with them.

Authorities say if they find anything that connects Logan to the murders, it'll take a while to analyze it.

They're reminding everyone to let them handle the case and not jump to conclusions.

Just bumping in this fast moving thread.

I am too.

At the same time, this individual has a certain look that can be associated with alcohol abuse and also has a series of DWI convictions.

Though he may just constantly have bad luck regarding the DWIs and may also be one of the numerous exceptions to "the look", the totality suggests that "If it looks like and duck and quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck".
I'm not saying he doesn't drink. I'm just saying that this look can be attributed to different conditions. Such as, bulimia. Anyway, just my preference not to speculate on diagnoses.

On paper I see a man flirting with alcoholism. (Not an official diagnosis - he might be an alcoholic, he might be irresponsible, he might be self medicating. Etc.)

His face - he's 77 and as a farmer probably has spent a lot of time in the sun. (Which could also explain any yellowing of his sclera.) So who knows what's up with his face and does it matter? I have to admit I'm a bit lost on why this is even being brought up.
My mistake. I'm a million threads behind and was replying to someone who, several hours ago, seemed to be jumping all over RL...maybe a bit harshly IMO.

No. Personally I can't see the yellow eyes thing. The DUIs are another issue.

The whites of a healthy white person's eyes should have a slight blue tint. Being the adult child of alcoholic parents, (now deceased), in Al-anon we are taught to look for the physical attributes of an alcoholic, as well has behavioral. Alcoholism is a mental health issue based on certain red flags in physical appearance reinforced by behavior. That does not require medical diagnosis. In fact, there is no test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen