IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, discuss the facts and the public legal/criminal record. Discuss RL's statements to the press. Compare his voice and photo to the audio and images provided by LE.

:stop: attempting to use your own anecdotal life experience to diagnose RL with anything. The courts have deemed him a substance abuser. Fine, but stop with the diagnosis posts. It is not helpful.

http://local12.com/news/nation-world/owner-of-property-where-ind-teenagers-were-found-dead-in-jail

The man who owns the property where the two girls were found is in jail. Ron Logan was supposed to be in court Monday, but it's been pushed out.

He's accused of violating his parole stemming from a 2014 DUI.

Police are still searching his home and property for evidence in the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German. The girls were found dead after going hiking on his property.

Officers won't say what led them to search the area, but they say Logan isn't cooperating with them.

Authorities say if they find anything that connects Logan to the murders, it'll take a while to analyze it.

They're reminding everyone to let them handle the case and not jump to conclusions.

RBBM: Another misquote from the media. He violated his probation, not parole. The two are not the same.

Well, not making any statements uopn the advice of counsel is SMART, IMO.

I wish there was another legalese term for that. "Not cooperating" sounds like he is having a tantrum or is hindering the investigation.

Thank you for your take on "not cooperating "!

I think it would be fair if you said that you wanted to be as helpful as possible but do not wish to answer questions without your attorney present so that someone is there who has your interest so that statements cannot be accidently misunderstood.

Gads, sorry. It was me trying to hurry to post about an Amber Alert in which a POI looks like BG. tlcya set it straight here by linking the appropriate WS forum link. (prob above this post a few.)

Again, apologies for the confusion and Bad Me.

Not bad you. It made sense. You did fine.

BBM

Not cooperating? :scared:

Because he has lawyered up, to LE that is not cooperating. Jmo
They like to interragate people, why lawyers tell you not to talk, anything you say can and will be used against you, could be why they found reason to hold him. Jmo

Here is what I think is most plausible and my opinion only.

i don't believe the picture of BG matches PO

I believe PO either willingly or unintentionally gave some in correct statements to LE

I believe it's highly possible PO was involved or knows things that he probably should have revealed to LE on day one.

I think the PO is the key, either directly or indirectly to solving this case.
Ok back to lurking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBBM: Another misquote from the media. He violated his probation, not parole. The two are not the same.

And as far as we know there is no reason to believe they went hiking on his property...smh.

Two mistakes.

Here is what I think is most plausible and my opinion only.

i don't believe the picture of BG matches PO

I believe PO either willingly or unintentionally gave some in correct statements to LE

I believe it's highly possible PO was involved or knows things that he probably should have revealed to LE on day one.

I think the PO is the key, either directly or indirectly to solving this case.
Ok back to lurking

Bingo. That's what I think too.

jmo

I think it would be fair if you said that you wanted to be as helpful as possible but do not wish to answer questions without your attorney present so that someone is there who has your interest so that statements cannot be accidently misunderstood.

If someone indeed said they are willing to sit down with police but only with their counsel present, would LE term that behavior as being "uncooperative "?

Serious question. Maybe RL is doing just that. IDK. None of us do. What a hot mess.

However I do stand by the notion that innocent or guilty, lawyering up when bodies are found on your land is a wise path. MOO

Ok people, I've pondered a bit on whether to make this post because I know some are over seeing BG's images being posted & dissected on here and also because I know we can all have our own opinions on what we see in those images and some probably have their minds completely made up, but I'm not really expecting anyone to change their minds..I just decided to go ahead and post these images, my oldest son & sister did, because they helped me & I figured there's maybe a chance they could help someone else.

I'll give a bit of explanation about them: since first seeing the images I've been among those who believe BG is wearing a hoodie & that it was up in one image & down in the other. This was until about a week ago, my sister was here, we were talking about the case and I opened up the images. My oldest son was here too and he joined in looking at them with us, I made mention of BG's hoodie being up in the one pic and both of them completely disagreed with me. They believed it was down in both pics and because the lighting is darker in the one it just makes it harder to tell. Since they weren't able to immediately convince me, they started playing around with the pics, seeing if they could do anything to help me make it out better and eventually my son decided to erase the background area because it's so similar in color to BG's head. Once he did that he went over it with me & I was actually able to see what they were talking about and I now agree with them. One other thing, I've also been convinced since early on, thanks to my younger teen son & his friends, that BG is smoking & the white 'thing', thought to be a bag handle or goggles by some, is smoke. My sister and oldest believe this too, but on here I'm pretty sure I'm nearly alone on this belief.

Anyways here's what he did with the images:
attachment.php
This is the one where I've always believed it was down. You can see he labeled everything, but I wanted to make note of the area he marked in blue, it's the one thing he isn't sure on. At first we thought it could be part of the hoodie, but if you look, it almost looks along the lines of like a handle or something.

attachment.php
The pic where I believed in the beginning his hoodie was up..the lighting is darker & there's more shadow. Also, he didn't bother marking that thing with blue in this one, because in this pic that area is so much darker. He may have even erased what ever it is out in this one, I can't even tell.

ETA: If you notice I put a watermark on the top one, it's because I've seen where people have taken things from here and posted them elsewhere. I decided not to put one on the second one, with things being darker already it sort of got in the way.

Attachments

• hairhoodiesmoke.jpg
    hairhoodiesmoke.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,110
  • BGwm.png
    BGwm.png
    208 KB · Views: 1,125
I tend to agree, to me he has physical differences from BG that make me think it's not the guy on the bridge, but the way LE is behaving makes me think he was somehow involved or at least knows who is. To the legal people here, wouldn't his lawyer try to secure some kind of plea deal/reduced sentence or immunity deal for him to get him to identify BG? I imagine LE's number one priority is getting the killer off of the streets.

My husband is a prosecuting attorney. He says that if someone in in jail and has information on a violent crime, but wasn't a direct participant, the prosecutors will always try to secure a plea deal, usually a very generous one, for their cooperation.

-
What if no one cooperated in murders of girls.

-

I think in general attorneys don't want their clients talking to the police without counsel being there to control what's answered and what isn't. If the police have reason to believe RL is somehow resonsible, or even tangentially involved he could do himself a lot of harm by talking to the police. Two young girls have been murdered so this is a very serious case.

Let's just all remember that we don't know what's going on, but everyone is entitled to legal representation if they're arrested, rearrested, whatever. You're not required to talk to the police or the minute someone said they want a lawyer the police would laugh at them. Because he has a lawyer representing his interests does not mean he's done anything wrong in the murder case. I'd think someone was foolish who didn't immediately ask for a lawyer if it's pretty clear the cops are giving them the hairy eyeball & executing search warrants.

More telling, IMO, than strange.

I think if they hit a brick wall and don't know exactly who did it they'd be engaging with the press more because they'd need tips more desperately. It seems like they're on autopilot, still asking for tips, but I think they know and are just making sure the case they're putting together sticks.

I am hoping for auto pilot versus tunnel vision...

Because he has lawyered up, to LE that is not cooperating. Jmo
They like to interragate people, why lawyers tell you not to talk, anything you say can and will be used against you, could be why they found reason to hold him. Jmo

Thank you, fellow Ellie/Elley!

This answered my question.

Beeing deemed uncooperative by LE does not equate guilt. Just lawyering up.

Well, not making any statements uopn the advice of counsel is SMART, IMO.

I wish there was another legalese term for that. "Not cooperating" sounds like he is having a tantrum or is hindering the investigation.

Thank you for your take on "not cooperating "!

He has the right to remain silent. Anything he says may be held against him. :thinking:

If someone indeed said they are willing to sit down with police but only with their counsel present, would LE term that behavior as being "uncooperative "?

Serious question. Maybe RL is doing just that. IDK. None of us do. What a hot mess.

However I do stand by the notion that innocent or guilty, lawyering up when bodies are found on your land is a wise path. MOO

Not at all. Anyone being questioned by the police should always have their lawyer present regardless of their innocence or guilt and police know that as well.

The passive voice can be misleading. Perhaps the actor in that sentence was law enforcement. Of course I can't say for sure because I'm not entirely sure of the context. I just know the passive voice can be a little confusing and easy to misattribute.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The context was LE stating reasons why they were searching RL's house. The implication (though using a passive voice) was that he said things "that were not true." It wasn't confusing to me in context. That said, there is no way for any of us to know exactly what LE was talking about and not telling true facts does not make a murderer. I have ZERO sense as to whether RL was involved. From a neutral perspective it seemed like the words LE used to describe what RL said meant that he was not telling the truth. I hate to try to presume that LE meant something else and just didn't articulate it. But there's no stopping anyone from speculating that that is the case.

That's what I've been wondering all along is if there is other video from the highway dept. or the City or whoever owns the bridge. Or in town at gas station, or a neighbor's cam. With cam's everywhere now, he's got to be in some somewhere, and it could take quite a while to sift thru all that. In a similar but much larger park in my area, the police and park service have cams all over the woods and the lake. You can swim only in one area of the lake and if your big toe so much as dips into the water that isn't designated for swimming, you either get a ticket in the mail or a deputy shows up at your door with it. Same as if you go over the 20 mph limit. I've often looked all around the trees, etc. looking for cameras and I've never seen any at all. My hope is that this horrible thing has not only woken up this town, but similar towns and areas with such secluded parks and trails to do better security and education of the patrons. So aggravating that with all the cameras all over the place "for our safety" that so many murders are unsolved all over the place. I hope that bridge gets torn down, historic or not, and I'm a big history person, it's in need of lots of repair and I can't imagine that whoever owns it would want to pay out a lawsuit if someone is injured on it and I can't fathom any insurance company allowing it. We had a two step porch on our old house that the insurance company made us put rails on.

Im an ID junkie, watch pretty much all their series...lots of cases have been solved by sifting through cameras in the area both private and public . Also plate readers. It takes a lot of time though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockDuck