IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE has said numerous times that RL is not a suspect; they're just following up leads.

See, for example, this news report:

[video=youtube;Tkqx14nIz-c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkqx14nIz-c[/video]
to be more specific LE has said he is not a suspect "at this time". They said this before seizing his vehicle and "arm loads" of things off his property last Friday.

LE did not say it was the stuff of nightmares. That quote came from Inside Edition, I think.

This is from an earlier thread post regarding the "stuff of nightmares" statement.
German had the presence of mind to hit record on her phone and because of that, police were not only able to release still frames of the suspect but an audio clip too.

“She did it. She did it, and one day I’m going to thank her,” said Carter.

But first, police need your help identifying the person or persons who did this to Libby and Abby. The recording was longer than what has been released.

Police won’t release anymore to protect the integrity of the investigation,
but they’ve seen the video and likely won’t be able to stop thinking about it.“Imagine what that must be like, it’s generally and very likely will be one of the last things these ladies and gentleman see for the rest of their lives before they go to sleep,” said Carter.

"No, LE did not say "stuff of nightmares" but I surmise it came from a news cast probably paraphrasing the statement above.

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/22/delphi-te...ads-to-arrest/

The part of the video where the officer speaks these words starts at around 1:25. HTH"

"a source close to the investigation" does not necessarily mean a law enforcement officer IMO. There are probably people like the DA or maybe FBI profilers who are also close to the investigation right about now IMO.

I agree. A source could even be someone else from the media. LE works closely with the media in many cases. We don't have a specific name attached to that particular quote.

Just a couple generic things I've picked up. And for starters I don't think it's RL. I think it's someone who worked alongside Larry DeWayne Hall over the years. Ok, so when RL gives his interview he's giving a few signs that FBI most likely picked up on early. One being his continued look of down and to the right when recalling his trip to Laf. to get fish. Unless he is left handed this shows a touch of deception - Possibly. You look the opposite direction when recalling the past if right handed of which we don't know. So who knows, it's a huge assumption as most people are right handed. He doesn't wear a watch, but does stand left of horse and use his right hand to pet the horse so maybe right handed. Additionally when he's recalling the crime and not understanding it he's shaking his head. This would show disbelief with his own statements, meaning he's not agreeing with his own statements. Just an observation and opinion. But many people shake their heads in disbelief of a crime so there's that.
who is larry dewayne hall?

Great point. Or another tactic is to give "credit" for the killings to someone else so the true killer might feel the need to drop hints that he did it or maybe even outright tell someone he did it so to keep his credit.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
That could explain the vagueness of LE statement. Another thing I thought of: maybe they were getting so overwhelmed with tips that RL was their sacrificial lamb. They know he had nothing to do with the murders, so they use all the publicity about him to slow down the amount of tips they receive and can concentrate on all the non RL tips. Just a theory

Regarding "the stuff of nightmares." This is precisely why I don't have much faith in the media these days. I'm tired of them twisting or adding words that no one has actually said. Sensationalism. They do it with just about every story they cover.

"a source close to the investigation" does not necessarily mean a law enforcement officer IMO. There are probably people like the DA or maybe FBI profilers who are also close to the investigation right about now IMO.

It could be anyone inside any LE org -pdispatcher, secretary, etc. Reporters will ask anyone what they know.

MOO

I agree. RL does not look like a chronic drinker to me.

He looks like a problem drinker who can't control himself or quit, and whose drinking seriously interferes with his life. IMO that equals alcoholic (are his DUIs due to compulsion or due to his own decision to drink and drive?) but I suppose other people have different definitions.

(As for his complexion - we don't know how many years he's been a problem drinker. It's possible this is a recent compulsion, especially considering the arrests have only been within the last several years.)

Is there a possibility Mr Logan's truck was impounded/seized as a result of not being allowed to drive, not in relation to the murders? Seems he would have to be caught driving, if that was the case, though. Anyway, perhaps the fact he gave untruths regarding his recent arrest and has given false info during past arrests for DUIs, there was a need to make sure he has no connection to the crimes and this is why the intense search of his property. After all, the girls were found on his property.

maybe he has not made his payments and it was repossessed? (I don't really believe this, but worth considering)

Either way this goes, I hope we soon get confirmation from LE about Mr Logan --- either they feel he is completely cleared or is high on their list of suspects. Surely they will not let the ongoing public scrutiny continue if he is innocemt..... I would hope

I am new here and this is my first post. Webslueths is very well organized and has so many caring people for the victims and their family's. I do have a question in regards to RL truck as it was being towed. Why was the strip of red tape on the passenger door?

:Welcome1: to Websleuuths deepeaches!

Thanks for the kind words!

Is there a possibility Mr Logan's truck was impounded/seized as a result of not being allowed to drive, not in relation to the murders? Seems he would have to be caught driving, if that was the case, though. Anyway, perhaps the fact he gave untruths regarding his recent arrest and has given false info during past arrests for DUIs, there was a need to make sure he has no connection to the crimes and this is why the intense search of his property. After all, the girls were found on his property.

maybe he has not made his payments and it was repossessed? (I don't really believe this, but worth considering)

Either way this goes, I hope we soon get confirmation from LE about Mr Logan --- either they feel he is completely cleared or is high on their list of suspects. Surely they will not let the ongoing public scrutiny continue if he is innocemt..... I would hope

Bbm: This is what I think. Though I'm having trouble connecting that with the extensive search unless LE thinks if he lied about one thing he might have lied about other stuff.

Regarding "the stuff of nightmares." This is precisely why I don't have much faith in the media these days. I'm tired of them twisting or adding words that no one has actually said. Sensationalism. They do it with just about every story they cover.

Is that the "fake news" I've been hearing so much about lately? JK!!!!

This is a great post! Still catching up from yesterday, so maybe someone else has said this by now, but I feel that your post is mostly accurate with one exception IMO -

BIG FAT IMO HERE - THIS IS ALL CONJECTURE BASED ON MY OWN THOUGHTS AND SOME THINGS I NOTICED OVER THE PAST FEW WEEKS AROUND THE INTERNET - AGAIN, IMO:

IMO they've had Libby's phone since day two or so but (very intentionally) haven't outright confirmed if Abby had one or not (and IMO kind of tried to make it seem like she DIDN"T all along IMO). IMO it's Abby's phone that can be substituted into your theory instead of Libby's and IMO they may also have been searching RL's place for it. All IMO - NO it's not been said Abby had a phone, I realize that. This is all conjecture and my own opinion.

I'm embarrassed to say I hadn't even thought that there could be a second phone, because I was so caught up in the one phone we do know about. But this is the sort of thing I'd hoped would come from my post, so thanks!

<modsnip> What may be going on in the Facebook groups is certainly not going on here, and I am offended you think the population at large on Websleuths is ruining his good name. He's never going to see what anyone said on this forum, and from what I can tell most people here don't think he did it and the rest of us are just waiting and watching to see how it plans out.

I think people are going way too easy on RL without knowing the facts.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

BBM
We don't know that to be true.

Edit to add: Whether or not some are going too easy without knowing the facts can also be said about those who feel he is responsible without knowing all the facts.

My problem is that he has not been named a suspect. Until then, I'm waiting to see the actual facts then I will sleuth.

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...qWTFOVFl4TnpFd01qTXdPakUxTWprd05EVXhZVFk9In19

just expand it and read it.

it says that his probation officer is recommending revokation of probation.

which means that he will have to serve the 2 years suspended jail sentence instead.

that's what happens when probation is revoked. you get sentenced to do all the jail time you would've originally gotten had your lawyer not managed to get the judge to go easy on you and give you the privilege and opportunity at "just" probation.

his probation officer is recommending he no longer be afforded that privilege.

it's ALL in that one link I keep posting, people just have to read it and then consult a legal dictionary to understand it. I'm also happy to continue repeating myself. :) HTH

Can we post this in the media thread? It took me a while to find it.

In regards to the cell phones ... do we know what Liberty was wearing that day? This might shed light on where she could have possibly hid the phone on her person.

ETA: You know you're obsessed with a case when you are on Websleuths at the office on a Monday ... :sheesh:

Posted by Beth11311 -
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-33&p=13242471#post13242471

At this point I'm seriously questioning if he's actually an alcoholic in the sense we keep hearing about, well here at least. I'm not on social media. The reason I question, I have always read and heard how chronic alcoholism over a long period of time is so bad for the skin, as in causing premature wrinkling and aging, etc. But then here is this 77-78 y/o man with amazingly smooth, what appears to be almost flawless, wrinkle free skin, and with barely noticeable sagging. Seriously, his facial complexion and skin tone would make most women that age, and many even younger, green with envy that they had to spend so much just to look half as good. You know what I mean?

My point being, IMO, he doesn't appear to be this chronic alcoholic he's been characterized as here and who knows where else. Unless, the doctors are full of BS and don't know what they're talking about, LOL. Maybe that's it? If so though, how is he such a bad alcoholic? Perhaps he just once in a while goes out and drinks with the boys, or even at home, and then has a moment of bad judgement choosing to drive. Maybe because he's an old timer with the old independent, self-reliant mindset who believes he should do for himself, and will do for himself, he wants no help. And no one's going to change his mind. As in stubborn as a mule, set in his ways, bull headed, etc... you get my drift. Idk, just something I've noticed, and as always I'm questioning things. Thanks for listening, and / or for chiming in.

Me former father-in-law was a horrible drinker/drunk and definitely an alcoholic. He would do things when drinking that were highly inappropriate, bordering on sexual inapropriateness and also physical inappropriate behaviors with the grandchildren that bordered on mean acts. When he had not had much to drink, he was the sweetest person to be around, and quite intelligent. He attended church regularly .... and came home and started drinking. There was never a day he was not drinking.

This man (FIL) never had a drunk driving ticket or legal encounter. He had the most beautiful skin! Maybe it was a genetic thing, I don't know. He finally gave up drinking late in life ..... and had a stroke from going cold-turkey. He only lived a few more years.

Anyway, my whole point is that an alcoholic cannot always be told from appearances or how they appear in public. I have no idea if Mr Logan is an alcoholic or has a role in the death of our girls. But I have a feeling we are going to be surprised when there is an arrest, whoever it is.

all JMO

I've always heard middle-aged to mean 40ish to maybe 55ish.
Old is elderly, senior, etc.
It's all relative. When I was in my teens they said "You can't trust anyone over 30!" Nowadays, anyone under 55 is a kid.

Just a couple generic things I've picked up. And for starters I don't think it's RL. I think it's someone who worked alongside Larry DeWayne Hall over the years. Ok, so when RL gives his interview he's giving a few signs that FBI most likely picked up on early. One being his continued look of down and to the right when recalling his trip to Laf. to get fish. Unless he is left handed this shows a touch of deception - Possibly. You look the opposite direction when recalling the past if right handed of which we don't know. So who knows, it's a huge assumption as most people are right handed. He doesn't wear a watch, but does stand left of horse and use his right hand to pet the horse so maybe right handed. Additionally when he's recalling the crime and not understanding it he's shaking his head. This would show disbelief with his own statements, meaning he's not agreeing with his own statements. Just an observation and opinion. But many people shake their heads in disbelief of a crime so there's that.

( Stands Left Of Horse ) sorry but that is the side you are supposed to stand on and mount from...

Giggle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members