IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have thought if the girls were found on the property between the bridge &RL's property would those people/person be in the spot light. Jmo

If they weren't completely truthful about where they were and what they were doing that day... Most likely.

If police presence was there, I would do nothing other than go outside and talk with neighbors. I would be very upset.
Has anything ever happened in your neighborhood? What would you do?

Yes, things have happened next door to me on more than one occasion.

My neighbor was shot while tending roses on the property line between us. Another time (different address), a neighbor committed suicide in her home with two small children inside the home (safe). Both times, I went outside and talked to police that arrived. And I was terribly upset both times.

I don't think he had the strength to carry girls... When my sister was murdered the man was trying to carry her in the woods over a stream and to a mine shaft. If he would of threw her body into one of those old mines the detective said we may have never found her. The detective said though that dead weight was very different to carry it is heavy. My sister weighed 105lbs when she died. Liberty weighed 200 lbs. A 28 year old very strong x convict that had only been out of jail 9 days murdered my sister..(in prison he worked out all the time). He had been drinking too. He could not carry my sister. So you tell me how a 77 year old man carried those girls in the woods.

Ask any detective about dead body weight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a horse... RL said it himself..

My sense of RL, after admittedly limited exposure to interviews and court docs posted here is that he's just an old guy who lives on the family farm who drinks and finds himself in the middle of a nationally publicized mess. Short of having a gun with him, he doesn't seem capable of controlling two healthy teenaged girls who could bolt at any time. Just a hapless, slow-moving dolt who is not a strong communicator and likely spends most of his time alone on his farm. He doesn't seem intelligent enough to cook up all of these scenarios folks are thrusting upon him. Just a guy. MOO

he was "intelligent" enough to get a college degree...

Is anyone following a local reporter who is covering the case? If so, could you post the info? I'd like a recommendation. TIA.

On a horse... RL said it himself..

Horse hair it is awful this time of year. You would never be able to clean all that up... I board my Dartanian. He is a hairy mess you have to groom everyday...

It would of been at crime scene...

so someone would commit a double homicide on his property, or try to implicate RL as the murderer all to stress him out so he dies early and they get the property or it goes for sale???

Farm land in Indiana isn't crazy expensive either. I can't see someone taking this risk (especially with two young girls as the victims!) just to get a cheaper price on 40 acres.

Since LE made the statement that Libby took the video in response to something about the situation on the bridge that didn't feel right (sorry, don't remember their exact words, but Libby was called a hero for her presence of mind), that would seem to rule out any and all scenarios where they went or were tricked into going somewhere for seemingly innocent reasons. JMO

I have wondered if that was taken out of context.
Who is to say why she did that. Because she took the video/audio doesn't to me mean that she viewed him as a threat. Maybe he meant that by her doing so gave them an image-audio of the suspect.
As far as we know she may have taken others images from a distance. Jmo

Years ago while sitting on a beach with friends we would watch people that walked from one direction or the other and if it was somethink we wanted the other to see/observe we would call out times.
Like, i would say 2:00 and the friend would look in the 2:00 direction. :)
Some were sights for sore eyes. Lol fun times.

How did the phone and the video end up in police's hands without the killer taking the phone with him or just destroying it on the spot?

A) The killer did see the phone and was definitely going to take it, but she was still up high on the bridge and she threw it as far as she could right before he could take it. Police found it in the woods later. I think this is most likely. She already had the phone out for a while, as evidenced by the pictures of her friend, so I assume she already had the phone "out" in her hand, and ready to record as soon as BG approached. The moment she thought her life was truly in danger, she chucked it off the bridge.

B) The killer did not see the phone when it was recording and was in too big of a hurry to search the bodies after the killing. This makes it a new, highly incompetent killer. That's a huge oversight.

C) The killer saw the phone, but made her put it away. She pocketed it, but it was still recording. Somewhere along the walk, she slyly ditched it without him seeing. He did search for it later, but she had already dropped it.

D) The killer saw the phone, but did not recognize it as a video recording device and didn't want to take it because he feared the police could "triangulate" the location. This is my "RL did it" theory. An old, drunk man who doesn't understand smartphones just figured it was a phone but not a camera, and wanted nothing to do with it.

What if the killer controlled the victims with a gun? I don't think superhuman strength is needed for that. Especially when the victims are two scared, teenage girls.

I get why people are ruling him out. I understand many feel he doesn't look at all like BG or sound like him. And he hasn't even been named a suspect. But the facts of this case and the actions of LE show he is being investigated, and/or his property or someone who has access to that. So it clearly is not far fetched or illogical to consider a connection. Which, by the way, is all I think anyone has done. From what I've read, many are convinced there is no way this man could be involved and some even seem angry that others are considering it. However, no one on the other side of that coin is insisting he is involved. Just remaining open based on the few facts we have. I am in the latter camp. I don't have enough info to cast a judgment either way.

Finally, the scroll and roll option is always there.
Thank you for putting in words exactly what I've failed to express so clearly the last few days. If we follow LE's lead and go with the facts we know, which is what we should be doing on WS, I can't see any reason to be totally confident he has zero involvement. The only exception being someone is directly involved in investigating the case and has info unknown to the public. I see this equally as puzzling as those professing without a doubt RL=BG yet I've only actually seen that on other sites. There are many posting here that are convinced he's innocent and I'm just not following that. My best explanation is the bias and personal connection that has been developed to see him as a grandpa, Santa Claus figure as others have suggested is giving people rose colored glasses.

I'm still over here on the fence as I don't care about being right - just care about justice being served. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

How did the phone and the video end up in police's hands without the killer taking the phone with him or just destroying it on the spot?

A) The killer did see the phone and was definitely going to take it, but she was still up high on the bridge and she threw it as far as she could right before he could take it. Police found it in the woods later. I think this is most likely. She already had the phone out for a while, as evidenced by the pictures of her friend, so I assume she already had the phone "out" in her hand, and ready to record as soon as BG approached. The moment she thought her life was truly in danger, she chucked it off the bridge.

B) The killer did not see the phone when it was recording and was in too big of a hurry to search the bodies after the killing. This makes it a new, highly incompetent killer. That's a huge oversight.

C) The killer saw the phone, but made her put it away. She pocketed it, but it was still recording. Somewhere along the walk, she slyly ditched it without him seeing. He did search for it later, but she had already dropped it.

D) The killer saw the phone, but did not recognize it as a video recording device and didn't want to take it because he feared the police could "triangulate" the location. This is my "RL did it" theory. An old, drunk man who doesn't understand smartphones just figured it was a phone but not a camera, and wanted nothing to do with it.

It's also possible that the recordings were stored in the cloud, so no matter what the killer did or did not do with the phone, the files were accessible to LE.

IIRC, we don't know if the recordings are from the cloud or the actual phone.

jmo

Sorry if someone else already noticed this, but instead of a car in can see 1, possibly 2 other people in this photograph
attachment.php

Yes, thanks for asking about that. LE confirmed that the image behind Abby in the distance are poles to create a barrier. The tree area I believe was also looked at and it was just a tree iirc. Someone correct me if needed on the tree ref. However, to my knowledge, LE has never said that vehicles are not under the bridge. IMHO

Horse hair it is awful this time of year. You would never be able to clean all that up... I board my Dartanian. He is a hairy mess you have to groom everyday...

It would of been at crime scene...

That's interesting to know, thanks. I still think it's possible, but I won't say why because it's rumor that can't be repeated.

My theory is, RL holds the key to finding BG. They are not the same guy, but RL is either knowingly or unknowingly helping conceal BG's identity. LE will search the property, find evidence to prove to RL that they know what he knows, and he'll help them track down the real perp.

That being said....even though I do NOT buy into the theory that RL did it, here would be the clues supporting that theory:

1. There are several parts of the pictures that link RL and BG as the same guy. The jeans, the gait, the tendency to pocket his left hand, the gut, the camo hat, the green strap on RL's chest, the layering, the body size, ALL of that makes me think these are the same guy. The one piece that doesn't fit is the age. I cannot make BG out to look over the age of 60 in my mind.

2. RL, being 77 and a known drinker might be crazy enough to make some of the odd mistakes we have seen to this point. Only a drunk, senile old loon would kill 2 people and then wear the same hat and gun holster the next day in a news interview. Only an old guy losing his grip on reality would not notice that his victim was filming him and then not take her phone when he left the scene. He would have to be so out of touch with technology that he didn't recognize the phone as being a video recording device and then so out of touch (and so "new" at murder) that he didn't bother to search them and destroy the cell phone.

3. I highly doubt this old 77 year old man was conveniently shopping for tropical fish at the perfect time of the murders. Does he have a badass fish tank? Is he a fish enthusiast? Prove it. I don't know any old farmer type dudes like this to have a dual interest in extreme drinking and tending aquariums.

4. You can tell this old dude has seen some hard work in his day. His hands are rough and his sleeves are rolled up in some pics. His boots are old and muddy. You know how they always say last thing to go on an old boxer is his power? That's very true. There are a lot of old Indiana farm boys that look like fat old men who can break you with their bare hands. Don't think this guy couldn't pull off this crime. 80 year old men kill deer in the woods, drag them a mile, hang them, and clean them with no help.

5. Police just took his damn truck. That seems odd to me. He's already got 3 DUI's, but they are just now taking his wheels? They expect to find something.

6. This might be the only human being on the planet who could actually keep watch on that bridge and strike a vulnerable victim when no one else was around. Anyone else would need to arrange this meeting with the victim ahead of time. He's the one guy who could stalk that spot regularly because he lives there.

Again, this is not my preferred theory. I'm just giving you this side of the coin
have you considered that the suspect could have taken the phone. LE has never said they have the physical phone.

I don't think he had the strength to carry girls... When my sister was murdered the man was trying to carry her in the woods over a stream and to a mine shaft. If he would of threw her body into one of those old mines the detective said we may have never found her. The detective said though that dead weight was very different to carry it is heavy. My sister weighed 105lbs when she died. Liberty weighed 200 lbs. A 28 year old very strong x convict that had only been out of jail 9 days murdered my sister..(in prison he worked out all the time). He had been drinking too. He could not carry my sister. So you tell me how a 77 year old man carried those girls in the woods.

Ask any detective about dead body weight...

A body can weigh no more than it weighs. The reason a body seems harder to carry if deceased is because a live person will typically help in the sense of holding on, leaning to help balance and what not. (Not disputing your claim that body weight is hard to carry, just wanting to clarify why it seems heavier when it's not).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member