IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO is that it's either he wasn't supposed to be driving or not supposed to have a gun. And likely both. Which it does appear he was driving and they caught that. And also appears he had a gun which he was videoed by media with the green holster strap in his jacket. Why did it take so long to do something about his probation violation? They were rather busy in the beginning and it didn't seem as important at the time. Or they were holding the info till they decided he needed looked at closer and put him in jail while they did that. Or put him there to put pressure on him regarding any participation he had in it and keep him safe. Or to make someone else nervous.....sooo many possibilities with reasons as yet unknown.

there was quite a bit a time between the 14th and the day he went to jail. i think if LE saw him driving on the 14th, and indeed he had a suspended license they would have taken him to jail that evening. There would not have been days of delay..or at least i don't think there would be. i am baffled by what the probation violation was. I don't understand why LE can't tell us that. why the secret?

Photos released by police are not Photoshopped. They are photos that were taken by one of the children. The photo is pixelated because the photo is small, and the resolution is poor. When the photo was enlarged, it became pixelated. That is normal.
Agreed. The possible cloning (new term I learned!) was more suspicious imo, but also much more likely explained by cropping something else out of the image than cropping BG onto the image.

I'll take blame for taking the discussion down that rabbit hole.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I really think they should cap the reward at this point. Maybe any extra money they bring in should just be given directly to the families. I know the community wants to help, but this ever-climbing reward doesn't seem to be getting LE any closer to solving the case. JMO
I completely agree.

Has LE issued any warnings to locals for their safety?

I really think they should cap the reward at this point. Maybe any extra money they bring in should just be given directly to the families. I know the community wants to help, but this ever-climbing reward doesn't seem to be getting LE any closer to solving the case. JMO

I would love for LE to send some of this reward money to the arson case in Flora, Indiana (also in Carroll County), that killed four sisters and injured their mom and two police officers. The fire was in November 2016, and the case has not been solved.

http://via.fox59.com/PUZvA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I completely agree.

Has LE issued any warnings to locals for their safety?

I have not read of any warnings to the locals. I think they've just said the usual "be aware of your surroundings" and "call in anything suspicious" types of statements.

Wow, you're fast. Thanks.

Can anyone understand what the exact question is? I hate news conferences where they don't use mics or at least repeat the gist of the guestion.

The reporter is basically asking, if Libby was aware of the situation/ being suspicious towards BG or if she coincidentally recorded him and what the LEO's reaction is for Libby as a 14 y old to have that presence of mind.

-Nin

Photos released by police are not Photoshopped. They are photos that were taken by one of the children. The photo is pixelated because the photo is small, and the resolution is poor. When the photo was enlarged, it became pixelated. That is normal.

I believe the police said these photos are "stills" grabbed from video.

This might account for some the graininess as they are not captured by the camera the same.

Wow, you're fast. Thanks.

Can anyone understand what the exact question is? I hate news conferences where they don't use mics or at least repeat the gist of the guestion.

To enhance video sound, go to the control panel of your computer and pull up sound. You can then choose to enhance it. There will be lots of background noise with that option. Hope that helps.

-Nin

Hmmm only one hr? I wonder what we can draw from this if anything? They don't need the publics help any longer?

Edit to add: sgt riley is head of media /public relations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure. Sgt. Riley is based in Lafayette normally, so maybe he just needs to check in at HQ in Delphi today since they are waiting for test results from the items taken from RL's home last Friday. Delphi is roughly a 30 minute drive from Lafayette, so perhaps he's thinking he can get to Delphi quickly if something happens, but there are crimes in Lafayette that need his attention. Just speculating.

I don't get the impression BG was 'overdressed for the weather'. I'm 3 hours south of Delphi, and it's currently 38 degrees. Just walked back from the store, and minus the hat, I'm dressed quite similarly to what BG had on that day. Well, what I think he had on. Jeans, T-shirt, then hoodie, then coat. Not saying he wasn't trying to play down his physical appearance, but as far as what I feel like he's wearing, I'd guess he was dressed for the weather. A sunny day doesn't mean a warm day. JMO.

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

I believe the police said these photos are "stills" grabbed from video.

This might account for some the graininess as they are not captured by the camera the same.

Exactly right, it does account for the graininess. Photos are of a higher resolution and the lens has time to focus properly on a subject when you're taking a still photo. Video resolution is always lower and the lens cannot keep up with moving subjects.

34 threads later and still explaining the difference between still photo vs video resolution LOL

To enhance video sound, go to the control panel of your computer and pull up sound. You can then choose to enhance it. There will be lots of background noise with that option. Hope that helps.

-Nin

O/T That reminded me I'd made a change because of a live camera I used to watch. Changing back made a big difference. Thanks.

Exactly right, it does account for the graininess. Photos are of a higher resolution and the lens has time to focus properly on a subject when you're taking a still photo. Video resolution is always lower and the lens cannot keep up with moving subjects.

34 threads later and still explaining the difference between still photo vs video resolution LOL

LOL, I knew my response to be true but used the word "might" to stay beyond diplomatic!

I specifically remember the weather on that day, because I drove my Jeep to Burlington (taking Valentine candy to family). It was a beautiful sunny day and I was able to just wear my sweatshirt. I wanted so badly to put my windows down, but the air was just too nippy for that. What hurts my heart so badly, is that I was in Burlington at noon. I feel like I was SO close, but was belting out to "Queen" and enjoying the drive.
My mother received her promotion to heaven just a few weeks before these two sweet girls. I am currently working each day to separate/donate her belongings and it is such a bittersweet time for me. I try to imagine Liberty and Abby's family doing the same and my heart just aches for them. I hope those two families can feel the prayers we whisper. Kudo's to the members on here who are teaching how to sleuth with dignity and by using only facts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seeing the two images of the suspect with the one having the dark mark on the left side, ( some thinking it could be someone else's arm/coat), i think it's the suspects arm/coat from the frame before the image that was taken from the video. Jmo

I will try to put this as gently as possible...

IMO your husband's reaction says more about his bias than about the suspect's ethnicity.

Yes, others here have made similar remarks, and it makes me cringe every time.

Let me put this another way. I agree with you. There are very few things we can actually tell from the photo, one of them is that he appears to be very pale. So no matter what ethnicity he is, I think it is a waste of time to focus on whether or not he is Hispanic. Eta jmo

I specifically remember the weather on that day, because I drove my Jeep to Burlington (taking Valentine candy to family). It was a beautiful sunny day and I was able to just wear my sweatshirt. I wanted so badly to put my windows down, but the air was just too nippy for that. What hurts my heart so badly, is that I was in Burlington at noon. I feel like I was SO close, but was belting out to "Queen" and enjoying the drive.
My mother received her promotion to heaven just a few weeks before these two sweet girls. I am currently working each day to separate/donate her belongings and it is such a bittersweet time for me. I try to imagine Liberty and Abby's family doing the same and my heart just aches for them. I hope those two families can feel the prayers we whisper. Kudo's to the members on here who are teaching how to sleuth with dignity and by using only facts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain these families are experiencing.

Based on his build, I also think it's possible that his origins are Mexico or South America, however I think the fact that he is overdressed wearing a hoodie, zipped up coat, ball cap, and one hand in his pocket are meant to disguise his build and give the appearance of being more bulked up than he is.

Well then he could be Spanish, Italian, French, Belgian, North African, Middle Eastern and so on and so forth. That photo is too grainy to start labeling him as any thing other than a male.

Most Hispanics are Caucasian. Hispanic is not a race; it's an ethnicity. And yes, for some of us, it's a little offensive to draw that conclusion from those blurry pictures. I'm not even sure what "Hispanic features" is supposed to mean. I live in South Texas and half my family is Hispanic and their physical features are as varied as any other group of people.

This! Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member