IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't read the article without a subscription. Does this mean his request to be released on bond was denied?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

All the matters that were supposed to be heard to include bond are most likely continued until the next hearing. Attorneys do this routinely when they need more time to prepare.

MY opinion: Where this case currently stands is that RL may have made some statements to LE that were not entirely truthful. LE used these discrepancies to secure a search warrant for his property while he was being incarcerated on a probation violation. LE served said search warrant and IMO didn't find anything related to the crime, which is why I don't believe we have heard anything more about it. I for one think everything is unfortunately back on the table as far as LE is concerned and I think they are closing out dead ends in the tips they have received and are hoping for a break. All IMO and just how I see it as things seem to stand today

LE has said it will take several weeks to process the evidence they collected in his home. LE has not come out and cleared him yet. They said he is not " a suspect at this time" which is a bit of a different thing, IMO

d749ffbe907b20d4b36a04f30e272241.jpg
d0ad6b0217d1918dbe7b5ecb55500424.jpg

Hmmm .....I am no longer fence sitting. IMO the BG is not RL. As another poster said I think BG has much narrower hips than RL and is a much younger, fitter man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two different things. 1) delay the hearing (grants more time to investigate the violation which appended 3/20) 2) ask for bond today when new date was announced.

Do you mean his attorney stipulated they hold him? Why then would he asked to be released on bond?

I'm not sleuthing these RSOs; however, this article is alarming.

http://fox59.com/2017/03/22/25-sex-offenders-wanted-on-warrants-in-central-indiana/

More than two dozen convicted child molesters and other sex offenders are failing to comply with the law in central Indiana.

Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana is now searching for 25 offenders with warrants for their arrest.

Twelve of the 25 offenders have had warrants for their arrest put in place in the last year. The other half have failed to register dating back as far as 2011.

Apologies again if this has already been posted - I'm still trying to catch up. RTV's Twitter has photos of the wanted RSO's. I'm not linking directly but you can go to their Twitter and see them there:

https://twitter.com/rtv6

Do you mean his attorney stipulated they hold him? Why then would he asked to be released on bond?

Sorry this article is confusing. Normally they do everything at once. I see that the Judge took the bond issue under advisement. He could rule to set bond tomorrow or wait until the next hearing. According to the article they will present evidence at the next hearing yet it states that it's a motion to dismiss. I'll take a look at the court record tomorrow morning and will be able to explain more.

Thanks for this.

At the end of the SE side of the bridge or perhaps off the end slightly.

This has been my point, it may have been hard for me to explain that. Sorry

Gray Hughes posted this on YT after someone crossed the bridge taking videos and photos for him. He stated the BG was approximately 80 ft from the girls. Below the video was this caption:
Published on Mar 20, 2017
This appears to be the actual location of the suspect. He appears to be located near the platform which means Libby and Abby were at the end of the SE side of the bridge or perhaps even off the end slightly. The suspect is about 80 feet from them. all the elements appear to line up. Although some elements might change this up, it appears to be accurate.

[video=youtube;uBE422LFIdg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBE422LFIdg[/video]

Sorry this article is confusing. Normally they do everything at once. I see that the Judge took the bond issue under advisement. He could rule to set bond tomorrow or wait until the next hearing. According to the article they will present evidence at the next hearing yet it states that it's a motion to dismiss. I'll take a look at the court record tomorrow morning and will be able to explain more.

Thank you! I find some solace in knowing I'm not the only one confused:)

I specifically remember the weather on that day, because I drove my Jeep to Burlington (taking Valentine candy to family). It was a beautiful sunny day and I was able to just wear my sweatshirt. I wanted so badly to put my windows down, but the air was just too nippy for that. What hurts my heart so badly, is that I was in Burlington at noon. I feel like I was SO close, but was belting out to "Queen" and enjoying the drive.
My mother received her promotion to heaven just a few weeks before these two sweet girls. I am currently working each day to separate/donate her belongings and it is such a bittersweet time for me. I try to imagine Liberty and Abby's family doing the same and my heart just aches for them. I hope those two families can feel the prayers we whisper. Kudo's to the members on here who are teaching how to sleuth with dignity and by using only facts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My deepest sympathies to you. I lost my 33 y/o son 18 mos ago and his house will settle soon. I am dreading having to go through his things and pack up all the "things" that are left of him. As long as I have been able to leave things as they were that last day I guess I have have been able to pretend that it isn't really final.

LE has said it will take several weeks to process the evidence they collected in his home. LE has not come out and cleared him yet. They said he is not " a suspect at this time" which is a bit of a different thing, IMO

Yes thats correct LE has said that it will take several weeks to process evidence that was collected in his home. And to me that is police talk for we haven't found anything that connects him. They may be hoping that some fibers or victims dna are found by a lab. But in the many cases I have followed, If LE has found something tying somebody to a crime they will say we have found evidence that we believe ties them to the crime. Now they won't come out and say what that evidence is as that would compromise the investigation. But in most cases they will let the public know for their own relief that they have made a connection. And all is My own opinion

d749ffbe907b20d4b36a04f30e272241.jpg
d0ad6b0217d1918dbe7b5ecb55500424.jpg

Hmmm .....I am no longer fence sitting. IMO the BG is not RL. As another poster said I think BG has much narrower hips than RL and is a much younger, fitter man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are both such terrible pictures that I am still fence sitting... I agree about the hips but RL's pants are so baggy and ill fitting it's hard to tell...Wish I could see BG's hand, RL has big hands. Also the big boots distort the length of RL's legs. Ugh......

So, someone please clarify.. They have dna, right??? Has it been tested or is it still getting tested. Has it been tested and it doesn't match anyone in the system?? Sorry, I can't keep up and I don't know if this has been clarified..

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

DELPHI, Ind.—The rural Delphi man who owns the land where 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams' bodies were found now has a court date to face allegations he violated his probation.

The 77-year-old man was taken to Carroll Superior 1 Court Wednesday morning for a hearing, Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. The Journal & Courier is not identifying the individual because he is not a suspect in the Feb. 13 killings, according to police.

While in court, a 3 p.m. April 3 hearing was set to present evidence during a petition to revoke probation hearing, Carroll County Prosecutor Rob Ives confirmed Wednesday afternoon. The court also took under advisement the man's request to be released on bond.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...i-land-owner-has-april-3-court-date/99503060/

Here's an interesting tidbit from that article:

They published a grainy photo of a suspect on Feb. 15 and a week later said the photo was from German's cellphone, which she activated after being confronted by the killer.

(Bold & italics by me)

IMO the choice of words is interesting. It implies that he wasn't just some guy walking past them and they happened to get him on camera but that he interacted with (confronted) them in a way that made her pull out her phone and record or at least navigate to the proper app on her phone to catch him on camera.

So, someone please clarify.. They have dna, right??? Has it been tested or is it still getting tested. Has it been tested and it doesn't match anyone in the system?? Sorry, I can't keep up and I don't know if this has been clarified..

I haven't seen anything clarified at this time. Jmo

LE has refused to cofirm or deny that they have any DNA from the killer.

Yes, Spellbound, a flip phone uses cellular data (off the tall towers) not wifi. And will ping off towers just fine.

Remember the days of handhelds/PDA's/Ipod Touches/tablets before the iPad? Those ONLY had wifi and weren't phones.

And back in those days, before Smartphones, cell phones ONLY pinged off towers, took and made phone calls, and sent texts.

When smartphones came along, that is when data (internet and stuff) started being sent through the cell phone towers, which previously only did cell phone calls and texts. You have heard "3G" and "LTE," etc. Those are systems of sending data through cell phone towers, which didn't used to carry data before smart phones came along. They compete on how fast they can put data through--but in my opinion their data isn't as fast as wifi data.

When smartphones came along, they had both--they were phones (using cell phone towers for phone calls, texts, and data) AND old-fashioned PDA's (personal digital assistants) (with calendar apps, etc., using wifi alongside cellular data) That is when people quit using PDA's like iPod Touches, Pocket PC's, etc., because now their phones kept their calendars and had apps and all that.

Then tablets came along that not only did what tablets used to do, with apps and wifi like old-fashioned PDA's, but they also could use cell towers and cellular data!!!! This is what the iPad does if I'm not mistaken. You have to purchase a separate cellular data plan (to go through cell towers) in order to use that service with an iPad. Not all tablets even today have this capability. My Android tablets don't--they only have wifi. Kindles and readers like that have wifi, but not cellular capability.

Wifi is mostly free, except you have to pay for your home Internet to have wifi in your home. Wifi is mostly free in coffee shops and hospitals, etc.

It is easier to find a missing person from cell phones pinging off towers, but I THINK when you tell your smart phone to find your location using GPS, it cheats and uses wifi sometimes (???) not sure (???) whereas REAL GPS uses satellites. Your smart phone (I think) cheats and uses whatever cell towers are around, and whatever wifi is around, to tell where you are. It's scary how my phone knows when I'm near a Costco or a grocery store and starts urging me to buy bathroom tissue on sale!!!!! it knows where I am and I think that's done by wifi.

My smartphone has something called "Wifi Assist" where wifi takes over when the cellular signal is weak (for apps, not phone calls, I think) And just the opposite happens...when you are out of wifi range, cellular data will take over and finish whatever you were doing on your app, for instance it will show my husband a whole flipping basketball game and we get a huge cellular data bill grr

And for those times when you REALLY have to go out in the remote desert, there are satellite phones, which as far as I know predated almost all of this. Or at least goes way way back. I think I remember seeing a satellite internet gadget in 1994. It doesn't use the cell towers, but satellites.

And for those times when you REALLY gotta be a nerd, they have Internet over ham radio (Packet Radio) It's all but dead, but a few ham types still use it, I think. When the **** hits the fan these are the guys who will save the planet!

LE has refused to cofirm or deny that they have any DNA from the killer.
Sad to say. But I'm doubting they dohave dna. I think they are stalled..[emoji22]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members