IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cell service means a connection that would allow you to make calls or access the internet (through a provider like T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T, etc.). Wifi is a connection to a local network that can (and usually does), in turn, allow you to connect to the internet. If you don't have cell service, you can still connect through wifi, if there is a wifi connection available where you are. Conversely, if you are out of range of a wifi connection, you can still access the internet if you have cell service where you are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK .... so you are saying cell service (meaning a data plan), right?

In that case, the big difference is wifi connects wirelessly to internet through a router and range is limited. With a data plan, you can connnect wireslessly over an unlimited range.

more: https://www.verizonwireless.com/arc...ch-smarts/wifi-vs-data-plan-verizon-wireless/

No, Spellbound--they aren't the same thing. Cell service goes through the tall cell towers that you may see dotted around town or the countryside. Wifi is mostly inside buildings, and goes through little boxes called "routers" in people's houses, coffee shops, etc. There can be wifi outdoors, but wifi and cell service don't come through the same transmitters. If you don't have a cellular plan with your phone or tablet, you can still get wifi if you are near or inside someone's house, coffeeshop, library, hospital, etc. Most apps will work with either one--wifi or cell service--but you can go in and set up your phone not to use cellular data and only to use wifi (so as to save on data plans, most of which are limited)

It seems to me that Libby must have had the camera tilted when she was taking the video since he is so tilted over. Can you right the frame to show as if she had the camera lined up straight. Without any photoshopping?

Here you go. Straightened, that is all! :fence: Oh Gosh, I just saw that I misspelled Websleuths on the bottom of the pic. I am such a dork! Sigh...

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1bgstraightup.png
    1bgstraightup.png
    619.7 KB · Views: 632
No one can identify him, so something about him is not as he usually appears.

The suspect seems overdressed for the weather and for taking a casual afternoon walk. In fact, he looks like he has disguised himself in the photos. Is it possible that he first encountered the girls at the end of the bridge and saw that they were taking photos? Perhaps he walked past them and they first notice him. Did he then he put on an extra coat (over his hoodie), zip up the coat, pull his cap down, pull up his hoodie, and turn around to approach the girls? Is that why he caught the attention of the girls such that they took a photo of him? Did he do everything possible to obscure his appearance and voice knowing full well that the girls might be recording him?

I don't think he tried to disguise himself so much as he just tried to look as generic as possible because I don't think he ever expected to be recorded (video or audio) and I don't think he planned to leave a living witness/victim.

IMO there appears to be a resemblance to RL, though I don't believe it is RL. IMO it is a relative of some degree - and one that likely doesn't have a criminal background and that everyone thinks is a good guy. Hiding in plain sight.

Here you go. Straightened, that is all! :fence: Oh Gosh, I just saw that I misspelled Websleuths on the bottom of the pic. I am such a dork! Sigh...

attachment.php

That's really important to see, because the original IS tilted, leading people to speculate about limps and drunkenness and so forth. In the grayhuze video, the image has to be straightened some to match the background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your patience. I think I understand now ... sort of. But that brings up one more question. My old flip-phone is used by a pay-as-you-go plan (costs us $15 for a whole year !) and we basically only use them for traveling or emergencies. Does a phone like this "ping" off towers? If I were to get hurt or lost, could it be found?

And all this talk of cell service or wifi .... does that mean Libby had to have what is called a smart-phone? I think that is what they are called.

DELPHI, Ind.—The rural Delphi man who owns the land where 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams' bodies were found now has a court date to face allegations he violated his probation.

The 77-year-old man was taken to Carroll Superior 1 Court Wednesday morning for a hearing, Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. The Journal & Courier is not identifying the individual because he is not a suspect in the Feb. 13 killings, according to police.

While in court, a 3 p.m. April 3 hearing was set to present evidence during a petition to revoke probation hearing, Carroll County Prosecutor Rob Ives confirmed Wednesday afternoon. The court also took under advisement the man's request to be released on bond.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...i-land-owner-has-april-3-court-date/99503060/

y'all are confusing me here. Isn't cell service the same as wifi?

And when I was at the bridge, I did have cell service. I have an iPhone and use AT&T. Just in case anyone was wondering if there is cell service there. There is at least for AT&T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DELPHI, Ind.—The rural Delphi man who owns the land where 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams' bodies were found now has a court date to face allegations he violated his probation.

The 77-year-old man was taken to Carroll Superior 1 Court Wednesday morning for a hearing, Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. The Journal & Courier is not identifying the individual because he is not a suspect in the Feb. 13 killings, according to police.

While in court, a 3 p.m. April 3 hearing was set to present evidence during a petition to revoke probation hearing, Carroll County Prosecutor Rob Ives confirmed Wednesday afternoon. The court also took under advisement the man's request to be released on bond.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...i-land-owner-has-april-3-court-date/99503060/

I wonder when they will decide if he can get bond. Will they make him wait until April 3 ?

attachment.php

Yippee! Now, can you do a gif with both upright photos?

It seems to me that Libby must have had the camera tilted when she was taking the video since he is so tilted over. Can you right the frame to show as if she had the camera lined up straight. Without any photoshopping?

Gray Hughes posted this on YT after someone crossed the bridge taking videos and photos for him. He stated the BG was approximately 80 ft from the girls. Below the video was this caption:
Published on Mar 20, 2017
This appears to be the actual location of the suspect. He appears to be located near the platform which means Libby and Abby were at the end of the SE side of the bridge or perhaps even off the end slightly. The suspect is about 80 feet from them. all the elements appear to line up. Although some elements might change this up, it appears to be accurate.

[video=youtube;uBE422LFIdg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBE422LFIdg[/video]

I can't read the article without a subscription. Does this mean his request to be released on bond was denied?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I think it's really hard for a convicted felon to get bond upon a probation violation charge. JMO and not an attorney.

I wonder when they will decide if he can get bond. Will they make him wait until April 3 ?

I can't read the article without a subscription. Does this mean his request to be released on bond was denied?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Actually there is a way to read the article without a subscription. Just do a google search of the title of the article and it will come up and you can click on it and read it no problem. The article does not say if his request to be released was granted or deny. IMO that will be very telling. Also JMO but April 3 seems a long way off and also indicates that he isn't too worried about his safety if he's asking to be released. JMO

MY opinion: Where this case currently stands is that RL may have made some statements to LE that were not entirely truthful. LE used these discrepancies to secure a search warrant for his property while he was being incarcerated on a probation violation. LE served said search warrant and IMO didn't find anything related to the crime, which is why I don't believe we have heard anything more about it. I for one think everything is unfortunately back on the table as far as LE is concerned and I think they are closing out dead ends in the tips they have received and are hoping for a break. All IMO and just how I see it as things seem to stand today

His attorney is the one who asked for a continuance so he most likely stipulated to them holding him until the hearing.

Do you mean his attorney stipulated they hold him? Why then would he asked to be released on bond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en