DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Computers and phones leave so
many markers, it's kid's play.

If there was a computer/phone/smart phone conversation LE knew in the first 72 hours.

This is a Crime of Opportunity, IMO, and I would check out where they were dropped off and the entrance they took.

-

Was there mention of the girls stopping at gas or convenience station prior to being dropped off that day? I seem to remember hearing that but now can't locate a source. So consider this just an opinion and what if.

What if someone saw them at the store and followed them to the drop off point. Got very lucky they were dropped off at trail and not friends house though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the analysis of what people say to LE and media when someone is missing or worse.

A friend of mine went missing on Monday after flying to St. Louis for a wedding. Never checked out of her hotel, missed her flight home. I was ready to open a thread here for her. She was found and hospitalized late last night, and should be ok. All O/T.

But my words when talking to her family and other friends were not always my most coherent. And I kept thinking of everyone involved with Abby and Libby and how much harder this must be for their family and friends.

Where I'm going with this, I will be much less judgmental/analytical in the future in how people close to such situations speak. It is not easy.

Sharing a lesson learned. Thanks for listening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Qft
To build off of this statement, I also think it's important to keep in my mind that not everyone is a professional so-to-say .
The way I (a 38 yr old college educated professional) may explain something can be quite different then someone who lets say is a rural farmer who's a senior citizen with no formal education. Just because the farmer isn't as well spoken, doesn't mean he's deliberately being evasive or is ignorant.
It took me a long time to really understand that, I used to take others spoken words and compare them to my own. It's unfair and actually very short sighted. I have to remind myself constantly not to judge a book by its cover.
Not everyone will have the same vocabulary and communication skills.

Those are both such terrible pictures that I am still fence sitting... I agree about the hips but RL's pants are so baggy and ill fitting it's hard to tell...Wish I could see BG's hand, RL has big hands. Also the big boots distort the length of RL's legs. Ugh......

I agree. In the original BG photo, the zipper of his jeans stood out to me.

83a1e5c7d050c40033599b786290f53f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

-

If there was a computer/phone/smart phone conversation LE knew in the first 72 hours.

This is a Crime of Opportunity, IMO, and I would check out where they were dropped off and the entrance they took.

-

Same here, any communication between suspect & girl/s would have been known long ago. Jmo

7b8bac4377ebf67cef0a361adae52a09.jpg

Good side by side, thank you!

I don't see the waist lining up. RL has a gut and can't possibly wear/buckle his pants as high on his waist as BG. MOO.

Good side by side, thank you!

I don't see the waist lining up. RL has a gut and can't possibly wear/buckle his pants as high on his waist as BG. MOO.

I agree. Plus BG is at least 20 years younger imo.
Just thought I'd do a quick compare for people to judge for themselves

Here you go. Straightened, that is all! :fence: Oh Gosh, I just saw that I misspelled Websleuths on the bottom of the pic. I am such a dork! Sigh...

attachment.php

Thank you so much for this!! It makes a difference. I do think his stride looks "younger" than RL when the photo is straightened.

ea71eedf604aefa7845f38670e25d52b.jpg

Gah don't do that to me now I am back on the bloody fence again!

With all due respect, this tummy (among other things) is exactly why RL should never have been considered to be BG.

Thankyouforpostingthepic.

-

-

Agreed.

However, in my curiosity, i googled whether apps and downloads were accessible without the phone (since we still dont know). Nothing that i saw leads me to believe that the forensic minds and intelligent individuals of LE wouldn't be able to trace or track conversations the girls might have had. However. They've come out with a whole barrage of apps i hadn't heard about aimed towards teens. Very crazy. I'm only 27 and holy cow, i feel old. . . . .
This case has been heartbreaking for me to keep tabs on. The horror and terror of the victims and the victims families.... praying for justice!

I was just reading Gabriella Doolin's thread. She was found 25 minutes after she was reported missing. The cases are different in many ways but it really hit me - a predator doesn't need all that much time to assault or rape and murder someone. Not if he knows what he's doing. BG could have easily done whatever he did before anyone realized Abigail and Liberty were missing, and been safely hiding far away before they were found.

I do believe this was simply an unexpected opportunity (ugh, hate saying it that way) and he's skilled enough to know what to do and how to do it quickly.

JMO

Agreed. But...

If you told me that the BG photo was of RL 20-30 years ago, I'd believe you.

Qft
To build off of this statement, I also think it's important to keep in my mind that not everyone is a professional so-to-say .
The way I (a 38 yr old college educated professional) may explain something can be quite different then someone who lets say is a rural farmer who's a senior citizen with no formal education. Just because the farmer isn't as well spoken, doesn't mean he's deliberately being evasive or is ignorant.
It took me a long time to really understand that, I used to take others spoken words and compare them to my own. It's unfair and actually very short sighted. I have to remind myself constantly not to judge a book by its cover.
Not everyone will have the same vocabulary and communication skills.

Rachel, one of the best posts I have read here. Very wise for your young years!

I'm in agreement with you that BG is younger. My first instinct when I viewed the photo when released was mid 30s to mid 50s at the oldest. There are times I could see as young as late 20s but never older than mid 50s.

Random question. Has there been any mention of red pick up trucks (spotted in area, driven by RSO, etc.)? The reason I ask (and I apologize if this is too OT) is that I see BG with a slightly older/beaten up red truck. I'm sure this sounds very silly but I get an image of a red truck every time I see the photo. Just wondering if I read something or saw a similar truck in news coverage.

Teenagers can be wily, but I'm certain that the FBI would have found evidence of this by now if it were the case. JMO.
Agree. That said, I don't see this being a chance encounter for a couple reasons.

1. The bulkiness of his jacket and assumed/ possible supplies/ weapons suggest it was at least in his plans that day.

2. There are far more populated areas and trails for those looking for chance encounters.

3. The timeline was so tight. 1-3/3:30 at the bridge; Snapchat photo at 2:07; his photo possibly at 2:30 according to billboards with last sighting time.

4. I think the crime scene is the same place their bodies were found or at least in close proximity and that they were deceased by the time family arrived to pick them up. (Based on child abduction and murder stats, occams razor. ) jmo.

5. I don't think this was a "catfish" (bad analogy after all the tropical fish talk) scenario because like others have said, I think it would have been tracked by now through search warrant(s) of the phone(s). Slim chance an app like kik was used, which is less traceable. Not probable.

6. LE stated something to the effect of a random chance encounter being possible but not probable at a press conference.

7. I can't rule out someone having silently stalked one of the girls through social media or other forums to know they would be there that day.

8. I can't rule out a connection to some type of revenge, ulterior motive that specifically targeted one of the girls.

All JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I see a similarity in the shoulders! The pants on the left are baggier than the right! Sho color also looks similar!

Agre...And look at the picture of RL, as I'm looking at it--the left front pants pocket...there is the same long rectangular object as BG guy in his right (as I look at it) MOO

AND...MOO...BG does have a camo/brownish cap on along with a fanny pack..

Man this is confounding to me...I am back on the fence with the others...my brain says no way it's RL...sighhhhh

I was just reading Gabriella Doolin's thread. She was found 25 minutes after she was reported missing. The cases are different in many ways but it really hit me - a predator doesn't need all that much time to assault or rape and murder someone. Not if he knows what he's doing. BG could have easily done whatever he did before anyone realized Abigail and Liberty were missing, and been safely hiding far away before they were found.

I do believe this was simply an unexpected opportunity (ugh, hate saying it that way) and he's skilled enough to know what to do and how to do it quickly.

JMO
Going to quote your post but really posting off yours in general...to the statement this was a an unexpected opportunity.

I can't wrap my mind around that. Yes, if this took place in a mall or a larger more populated area, perhaps, but out on a bridge that many are uncomfortable walking on that is surrounded by private property. Many people have referred to this area as a park--it's not.

How can this be so random in a rather isolated area? And the perp just happened to be dressed with supplies (if we are to believe there are supplies and/or a gun in his coat.)

If those who think he is a drifter want to believe he was hiding out in that area for awhile, maybe, but the theory doesn't add up to me.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member