IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Press conference at abt 30:15 mark...paraphrasing: this young lady is a hero to activate the video system on her cell phone...

[video=youtube;P1uSKrtYdDw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1uSKrtYdDw[/video]

Good catch jax, I missed that somehow. I'm still a little confused how the audio and video were taken at two separate times. Seems as though if they were infact two separate recordings which I believe Le has seemed to indicate that they were. And they were both done with the sole purpose of recording the crimes that were in progress, that makes this whole chain of events all the more disturbing. As it leads me to think it's more than likely that everything after and including the words "down the hill" was captured on audio.

Edit to add: on second thought, this presser almost leads me to believe that the video/ audio is from the same recording? Like Libby was videoing and stuck the phone in her pocket , hence maybe audio only of the rest of the crime?
All is MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good catch jax, I missed that somehow. I'm still a little confused how the audio and video were taken at two separate times. Seems as though if they were infact two separate recordings which I believe Le has seemed to indicate that they were. And they were both done with the sole purpose of recording the crimes that were in progress, that makes this whole chain of events all the more disturbing. As it leads me to think it's more than likely that everything after and including the words "down the hill" was captured on audio.

Most video apps also record audio. You don't have to start them separately.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

That was my impression as well. There is a path through the woods coming down from the cemetery running north/south and there is a path that runs east/west above the path that leads down to where the girls were found.

attachment.php

There is another photo that was taken from down by the crime scene tape looking back up toward where the person that took this photo is standing that gives an idea where the east/west path crosses. While it is harder to see, that east/west path can be seen in LIDAR maps of that side of the creek.

doesn't look "difficult" to get to at all. iirc RL said to a reporter it was "difficult" to get back there.
I know it's an subjective opinion but it also could be said to sway another's suspicion.
"oh he couldn't be involved it's too difficult for him to get back there"

I think we need to explore this area more, meaning that he was a hunter. I think the jacket might be a vintage hunting jacket as well, I just haven't found the exact one.
Have people here looked into hunting and fishing seasons in the area at the time of the murders? Is it legal to just go hunting anywhere, and hunt for any animal, or does Delphi have laws about times and such? (I know they do in other places).

If someone is wearing something that is normally purchased as an accessory for a certain type of activity, it doesn't preclude someone from purchasing it as a handy accessory for an altogether different type of activity. So even if it might appear that BG was outfitted like a hunter, it wouldn't have to mean that he *was* a hunter (at least of wild animals), or that hunting was what he had been doing there that day.

I remember in a press conference, one of the reporters asking if police felt it was possible, within the timeframe between the time of death in relation to when the 2pm snapchat photo had been uploaded onto the net, that someone saw this, and then could have immediately went there to the Monon Bridge area for nefarious purposes. IIRC, the officer said the usual about not being able to give answers. People have talked about a 'kill kit'.. a guy could easily have such an accessory for other purposes, such as perhaps hunting a different species than the usual. moo

SBM

I've wondered about this is well. In absence of additional information from law enforcement, and given their statements about the twist, I've tried to keep my mind from wondering about what could have happened that would have forced these seasoned people to be so affected by what they saw. It hurts to think about it.

Was the comment about "the stuff of nightmares" made by law enforcement? When I first started reading about this case I thought it was law enforcement that made that statement. But since then, I think someone here said it was made by a reporter. Not sure. But honestly I hope it's something a reporter said, and not law enforcement. A reporter might sensationalize something like that. If law enforcement said it, then it truly makes my mind bend.

BBM

I remember that phrase being a media one, and don't remember (nor can imagine) LE stating that. Media is the one that gets elaborative, even theatrical with the facts. Not LE, in my experience.

JMO, and as always, I could be wrong.

Edit to add: on second thought, this pressers almost leads me to believe that the video/ audio is from the same recording? Like Libby was videoing and stuck the phone in her pocket , hence maybe audio only of the rest of the crime?
All is MOO

I think it is all one recording, but they seem to indicate there is more video later. MOO

ETA: "think" being the operative word, I have no proof.

Most video apps also record audio. You don't have to start them separately.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I realize that, [emoji849] . I failed miserably to make my point, catch you all later.

A couple days ago there was some confusion whether RL was still in the Carroll County Jail. When VINELink was checked, they were no longer offering you the option to register for notification for him if he was going to be released or transferred. I thought that was very strange because I am no stranger to VINELink because of some stuff that is happening in my personal life. My hinky meter was going off big time. Fox news checked on his status yesterday per a request....
fox.jpg

Well I went ahead and checked this morning...........He is NOT in Carroll County jail any longer

Alias: LOGAN, RONALD E.
Offender Name: LOGAN, RONALD EUGENE
Custody Status: Transferred
Race: White
Contact Facility: Carroll County Jail
Registration for notification is not currently available for this offender.
More Info

I realize that, [emoji849] . I failed miserably to make my point, catch you all later.
No, you made your point well, and I think you are absolutely right. I think she only got BG in those two video frames, the second at an odd angle because as she was sitting on the platform she noticed how close the guy was getting and how creepy he was acting; and as she stood up to move away from him the phone went right into the pocket where it kept recording audio.

doesn't look "difficult" to get to at all. iirc RL said to a reporter it was "difficult" to get back there.
I know it's an objective opinion but it also could be said to sway another's suspicion.
"oh he couldn't be involved it's too difficult for him to get back there"

In the conversation RL was having on camera re access, when he said that someone must've walked the girls in there, I got the impression he was referring more to vehicle access, & that parts of the conversation were missing - probably because a much longer interview was trimmed into neat sound bytes for a short news segment.

So that could be what the reporters were referring to as well - that it was more likely they'd been walked there because of the difficulty of carrying a great weight on those inclines, or getting a vehicle in & out without leaving EXTREMELY obvious signs.

Edit to add: on second thought, this presser almost leads me to believe that the video/ audio is from the same recording? Like Libby was videoing and stuck the phone in her pocket , hence maybe audio only of the rest of the crime?
All is MOO

I have always interpreted that it started amount as full video with sound, but then the device was placed in a pocket and from then only audio is available, at least through the small portion we hear. The phone very well may have come out again for awhile. This could be what so upsets LE.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Why would LE lie about that?

I agree, I have thought from the beginning that maybe she took the picture of BG is because she knew him. Not because she felt threatened. LE really doesn't know for sure. MOO

A couple days ago there was some confusion whether RL was still in the Carroll County Jail. When VINELink was checked, they were no longer offering you the option to register for notification for him if he was going to be released or transferred. I thought that was very strange because I am no stranger to VINELink because of some stuff that is happening in my personal life. My hinky meter was going off big time. Fox news checked on his status yesterday per a request....
attachment.php

Well I went ahead and checked this morning...........He is NOT in Carroll County jail any longer

Alias: LOGAN, RONALD E.
Registration for notification is not currently available for this offender.
More Info
There is definitely something going on with him. I personally think he is their prime suspect and they are getting all their ducks in a row before charges are filed.

That was my impression as well. There is a path through the woods coming down from the cemetery running north/south and there is a path that runs east/west above the path that leads down to where the girls were found.

attachment.php

There is another photo that was taken from down by the crime scene tape looking back up toward where the person that took this photo is standing that gives an idea where the east/west path crosses. While it is harder to see, that east/west path can be seen in LIDAR maps of that side of the creek.
Very strange thing I JUST noticed in photo here. Can someone take a look at the dog on the path? He is running between two saplings which when zoomed in seem to have there branches connected in what can only be described as a limbo bar. Am I seeing things? Or has this photo been doctored for some unknown reason? I have property in the woods myself and I know twigs trees and branches can intertwine, but that configuration doesn't happen in nature. I'm sure it's NBD, but very strange to see.

Why would LE lie about that?

I'm not saying LE is lying. This may not be all the video that was taken. The video that these pictures were taken from may be from a different short video clip. They may have more video that is not available for the public to view. Or the video may have been turned on, but unfortunately they can only hear audio because the phone was on the ground or in her pocket. I'm just thinking of other possibilities. Thinking outside the box.

If he was/is a teacher, then he was probably at work that day, and a 6 hour drive would have been too much.

JMO...
I thought that too, but then IIRC, I believe I read he was suspended from his job on February 3. I do not have a link and my phone keeps refreshing on me so JMO

I am so depressed about this case. I can not believe he (or they) is getting away with it thus far. How is that possible, especially with FBI involvement, which one would assume means they have access to latest and greatest detective resources and techniques? We already know they have some evidence, and likely there was more. So was he just simply lucky? Or is this someone who carefully planned it out and knew he'd likely get away with it? Disgusting either way.

Does anyone have the quote where LE says something about the "last thing they'll see before they go to sleep", referring to those who have seen the video?

*Paraphrasing

Hi Jax - it's in the link below: http://wlfi.com/2017/02/22/delphi-t...her-death-police-hope-it-leads-to-arrest/amp/

Off to find a link for the nightmare one, I believe that it was something like 'someone close to the investigation who has heard the full audio described it as "the stuff of nightmares". I'll grab it.

BBM

I remember that phrase being a media one, and don't remember (nor can imagine) LE stating that. Media is the one that gets elaborative, even theatrical with the facts. Not LE, in my experience.

JMO, and as always, I could be wrong.
You are right. LE made a comment along the lines of LE having to see this in there heads before they go to sleep for the rest of their lives (not a direct quote. I can't link on my Tapatalk). Some reporter took creative license with that if I recall.

O/T Does anyone know if Indiana has a site that you can check to see if someone is employed in some aspect of LE - primarily as a Corrections Officer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member