IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on the breed of the dog?
Pomeranian?
I had one "Nico" and while he was VERY sweet to me he was easily angered by anyone else and got "snappy".
If RL wasn't involved he has no "dog" in this case.
BG doesn't have a dog IMO.
I am just trying to make sense of something that is incomprehensible.
MOO

Are we allowed to sleuth the dog. It is, after all, one of RL's family members.
(Sorry for the lame humor.)

In MOO I'm still not completely convinced that the girls took this video because they felt threatened. I'm still teetering on that one.

Why would LE lie about that?

Thanks for posting this, i saw it a week or so ago and couldn't finf it agAin, or post a link.
I think it gives a good idea of how large that area is(w/ the man there) and how one would have been close to see the girls at night.

That was my impression as well. There is a path through the woods coming down from the cemetery running north/south and there is a path that runs east/west above the path that leads down to where the girls were found.

attachment.php

There is another photo that was taken from down by the crime scene tape looking back up toward where the person that took this photo is standing that gives an idea where the east/west path crosses. While it is harder to see, that east/west path can be seen in LIDAR maps of that side of the creek.

I know that LE has to keep certain things under wraps for prosecution reasons but I am just so disappointed in the direction that this has gone. Liberty did her darndest to make things "easy" and LE has asked for the public's help. I think we need more. We need something else, another clue, because obviously the picture and voice isn't cutting it. I just feel so bad for those girls and their loved ones. They need a break in this case!
It could be the BG isn't a local and is somewhere else far, far away, perhaps where this case was featured only initially.

In my circle of family, friends, and co-workers, only a few of them have heard of this case; of the ones who had heard, they learned about it initially, but haven't kept up. The majority of my acquaintances stay current, and it's not like they're only watching the local news.

In January, a local man went missing. I believe that his body was found as quickly as it was, five or six weeks later, due to the actions of his mother, who was extremely vocal on social media, and because of that, local media mentioned her son's disappearance on a regular basis. She rallied thousands of people to protest the coverage of her son's disappearance and participate in regular searches. She put his face out there all over the city. I believe without her involvement, many people would not have been aware and certainly there wouldn't have been as many searches. Because of what she did, he was on the tip of my thoughts every day, and I participated in the several of my own searches. Anything to help her and their wonderful family. They made it personal. Somehow this has to happen for Libby and Abby as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Does anyone else remember wayyyyy back in the beginning, ... and I'm not sure if it was an actual 'quote' by LE, or if it was just 'reported' by reporters at the time.. but it was said that LE were 'treating' it as a double homicide?

I clearly remember this because it annoyed me when I heard it. At the time.. I had been waiting for the girls to be found, fully expecting that any moment it would be reported that they had been found safe. Instead, it was reported their bodies had been found and that police were 'treating' it as a double homicide.

I thought to myself, well of COURSE it's a double homicide, what ELSE would it be.. it kind of irritated me. When I go searching for that, I can't find police saying that, so it may have just been a reporter saying it that way (but even if so, where did the reporter get that from?).

I have always wondered about that, because it's not exactly a normal way to refer to a murder(s), and considering the way that police have referred to this case having a 'twist', and never in 30 years having seen something like in this case, and the thing about the 'nightmares'.. I have been wondering if it's possible that the killer somehow tried to make it *seem* as if it was something different than a double homicide. ie I have wondered if the killer could have even forced one of the girls to kill the other one, and then the killer killed the remaining one afterward.

Have been wanting to post this weird thought for awhile, but no time. If you disagree, that's fine, like mentioned, it is just a thought that passes through my mind. Not sure if this has ever been mentioned or thought of before because too difficult to read all of the posts. Respectful discussion welcomed.

Why would LE lie about that?

Not sure but i think, jmo the poster is referring to the video, while LE imo was referring to the audio. Jmo i too have not thpught her taking video was done because she felt threatened. Jmo i am still of the belief that suspect did not know he had been recorded, (video/audio). Jmo

I thought to myself, well of COURSE it's a double homicide, what ELSE would it be.. it kind of irritated me. When I go searching for that, I can't find police saying that, so it may have just been a reporter saying it that way (but even if so, where did the reporter get that from?).

I have always wondered about that, because it's not exactly a normal way to refer to a murder(s), and considering the way that police have referred to this case having a 'twist', and never in 30 years having seen something like in this case, and the thing about the 'nightmares'.. I have been wondering if it's possible that the killer somehow tried to make it *seem* as if it was something different than a double homicide.

SBM

I've wondered about this is well. In absence of additional information from law enforcement, and given their statements about the twist, I've tried to keep my mind from wondering about what could have happened that would have forced these seasoned people to be so affected by what they saw. It hurts to think about it.

Was the comment about "the stuff of nightmares" made by law enforcement? When I first started reading about this case I thought it was law enforcement that made that statement. But since then, I think someone here said it was made by a reporter. Not sure. But honestly I hope it's something a reporter said, and not law enforcement. A reporter might sensationalize something like that. If law enforcement said it, then it truly makes my mind bend.

Not sure but i think, jmo the poster is referring to the video, while LE imo was referring to the audio. Jmo i too have not thpught her taking video was done because she felt threatened. Jmo i am still of the belief that suspect did not know he had been recorded, (video/audio). Jmo

This is what I think as well, BG was in the background of a video taken of Abby. I think like you inferred, was that when Libby knew they were in trouble she hit record and captured audio....MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hesitate to post this because alot of you may say, "No if he'd done this the girls would have called 911 or told someone"
But it's a thought I continue to come back to. I think he was exposing himself to the girls shortly before this pick was taken. Nervous reaction of 13 and 14 year olds COULD be to look at each other, start walking FAST, and when a safe distance away stop and yell something like "freak". Then run off giggling.

Except I think he had been watching them earlier, and he was fast in his reaction and instead of stay put he followed behind. I could see liberty say look freak, I'm filming you! Then seconds later he may have been upon Abby and liberty shoved her phone in pocket to help her friend. Out comes a knife (or gun) and the real nightmare began.

Why do I see this scenario? I have had this happen to me twice. Once as a 6 year old in a group of kids. We all froze. Not one of us thought to scream out. A neighbor came by and chased the guy off thank God. The second time I was 12. Walking home from school. I was shocked, but found my feet, crossed an intersection, stopped and screamed out "I'm telling pervert" then I ran home. I Never told anyone unfortunately.

Anyway. Only a theory I've been having stuck in my head for awhile.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I hesitate to post this because alot of you may say, "No if he'd done this the girls would have called 911 or told someone"
But it's a thought I continue to come back to. I think he was exposing himself to the girls shortly before this pick was taken. Nervous reaction of 13 and 14 year olds COULD be to look at each other, start walking FAST, and when a safe distance away stop and yell something like "freak". Then run off giggling.

Except I think he had been watching them earlier, and he was fast in his reaction and instead of stay put he followed behind. I could see liberty say look freak, I'm filming you! Then seconds later he may have been upon Abby and liberty shoved her phone in pocket to help her friend. Out comes a knife (or gun) and the real nightmare began.

Why do I see this scenario? I have had this happen to me twice. Once as a 6 year old in a group of kids. We all froze. Not one of us thought to scream out. A neighbor came by and chased the guy off thank God. The second time I was 12. Walking home from school. I was shocked, but found my feet, crossed an intersection, stopped and screamed out "I'm telling pervert" then I ran home. I Never told anyone unfortunately.

Anyway. Only a theory I've been having stuck in my head for awhile.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I've thought about this as well. I've also had this happen to me when in a group of girls many years ago.

Press conference at abt 30:15 mark...paraphrasing: this young lady is a hero to activate the video system on her cell phone...

[video=youtube;P1uSKrtYdDw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1uSKrtYdDw[/video]

Does anyone else remember wayyyyy back in the beginning, ... and I'm not sure if it was an actual 'quote' by LE, or if it was just 'reported' by reporters at the time.. but it was said that LE were 'treating' it as a double homicide?

I clearly remember this because it annoyed me when I heard it. At the time.. I had been waiting for the girls to be found, fully expecting that any moment it would be reported that they had been found safe. Instead, it was reported their bodies had been found and that police were 'treating' it as a double homicide.

I have always wondered about that, because it's not exactly a normal way to refer to a murder(s), and considering the way that police have referred to this case having a 'twist', and never in 30 years having seen something like in this case, and the thing about the 'nightmares'.. I have been wondering if it's possible that the killer somehow tried to make it *seem* as if it was something different than a double homicide. ie I have wondered if the killer could have even forced one of the girls to kill the other one, and then the killer killed the remaining one afterward.

Have been wanting to post this weird thought for awhile, but no time. If you disagree, that's fine, like mentioned, it is just a thought that passes through my mind. Not sure if this has ever been mentioned or thought of before because too difficult to read all of the posts. Respectful discussion welcomed.
i can not imagine either of the girls being capable of that.

Personally I'm not one of those who believes that RL is their guy, but when I saw this picture, the strap made me think of a strap that I saw in one of the videos in which RL was interviewed. Has it been determined what that strap is that is seen on RL's chest? This little bag thing pictured above sure looks like it could be a viable candidate for what BG is wearing, imho.

Fair enough. Though...most of the men in the Mid-West, regardless of appearance, didn't also abscond with a blonde, caucasian teenage girl, on the 13th of a month, only 6 hours from Libby & Abby's murder location.

JMO
If he was/is a teacher, then he was probably at work that day, and a 6 hour drive would have been too much.

Personally I'm not one of those who believes that RL is their guy, but when I saw this picture, the strap made me think of a strap that I saw in one of the videos in which RL was interviewed. Has it been determined what that strap is that is seen on RL's chest? This little bag thing pictured above sure looks like it could be a viable candidate for what BG is wearing, imho.
I think we need to explore this area more, meaning that he was a hunter. I think the jacket might be a vintage hunting jacket as well, I just haven't found the exact one.

i can not imagine either of the girls being capable of that.
It wouldn't be about whether they were capable. It wouldn't have been a choice. And I think that we can't really say what any of us are capable of, until we're in a life or death situation. It's just a thought.. and also wondering if killer could have set it up to just *appear* that it had been a murder suicide or something, but that LE are much smarter than the killer.

Fair enough. Though...most of the men in the Mid-West, regardless of appearance, didn't also abscond with a blonde, caucasian teenage girl, on the 13th of a month, only 6 hours from Libby & Abby's murder location.

JMO

I agree. My comment was more about how BG looks like "Everyman" or "Any Man". There's nothing that obviously sets him apart. He blends right in.
I have no idea if these cases are related. They may or may not be. You have some good thoughts. Thanks for sharing the link!

Does anyone have the quote where LE says something about the "last thing they'll see before they go to sleep", referring to those who have seen the video?

*Paraphrasing

Not unless she had had a prior altercation with its owner.
IMO
And that reminds me...someone on a recent thread here referred to what happened between BG and the girls as he approached them on the bridge as a "confrontation". And they seemed to be quoting someone. Can anyone clarify, and tell me who started calling it a confrontation? Because if it was LE, that's big deal IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13