IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on the breed of the dog?
Pomeranian?
I had one "Nico" and while he was VERY sweet to me he was easily angered by anyone else and got "snappy".
If RL wasn't involved he has no "dog" in this case.
BG doesn't have a dog IMO.
I am just trying to make sense of something that is incomprehensible.
MOO

I suppose it depends on the age of the dog (whether its hearing is not so good) and whether it has been a "farm" dog all its life. I know the dogs in a rural area get to hear lots of noises (my city dog at the time would bark its head off over the bullfrogs croaking by the creek at the back of the property) but I think it would have reacted to humans calling out names, car doors, etc. But we also have to keep in mind of the distances involved. It is probably 200 feet from the house to the tree line at the rear of RL's house and even more toward the cemetery. Unfortunately the media didn't seem to ask RL that question and I doubt he will be talking to the media ever again so we will probably never find out if his dog was reacting at all.

I currently live in a somewhat rural area with a terrier and his dog is also terrier. The dog may be used to people on property. I've had terriers since I was a kid, thus my curiosity. Some are responsive and some aren't. This looks to be a Norwich terrier. Terriers are a completely different breed compared to other dogs. They can be very responsive. (Then again, you can have a terrier that acts laid back and non reactive.)

Any thoughts on the breed of the dog?
Pomeranian?
I had one "Nico" and while he was VERY sweet to me he was easily angered by anyone else and got "snappy".
If RL wasn't involved he has no "dog" in this case.
BG doesn't have a dog IMO.
I am just trying to make sense of something that is incomprehensible.
MOO

I'm fairly certain it's a Norwich Terrier. You all can google what a Norwich looks like. RL's terrier seems to have a blown coat.

I suppose it depends on the age of the dog (whether its hearing is not so good) and whether it has been a "farm" dog all its life. I know the dogs in a rural area get to hear lots of noises (my city dog at the time would bark its head off over the bullfrogs croaking by the creek at the back of the property) but I think it would have reacted to humans calling out names, car doors, etc. But we also have to keep in mind of the distances involved. It is probably 200 feet from the house to the tree line at the rear of RL's house and even more toward the cemetery. Unfortunately the media didn't seem to ask RL that question and I doubt he will be talking to the media ever again so we will probably never find out if his dog was reacting at all.

I live out in the country and my 2 dogs have barked at the same stupid stuff for over 6 years now. I swear I just look at them and wonder what the heck is wrong with them. Even the squirrels sit on the fence posts just out of their reach and laugh at them. I mean how many times can you bark at the big John Deere monster coming down the road because you think he is going to eat you up. Little dogs have a tendency to be yippy. You can almost bet that if there was any noise loud enough around there, RL's dog heard it.

I live out in the country and my 2 dogs have barked at the same stupid stuff for over 6 years now. I swear I just look at them and wonder what the heck is wrong with them. Even the squirrels sit on the fence posts just out of their reach and laugh at them. I mean how many times can you bark at the big John Deere monster coming down the road because you think he is going to eat you up. Little dogs have a tendency to be yippy. You can almost bet that if there was any noise loud enough around there, RL's dog heard it.

i think this is probably one of the funniest posts on one of the saddest situations that i have read here!

I wondered about that too but since LE has the entire video/audio, I figured there's something on there to give them the impression that's why Libby took the vid.

I will say that I disagree with the many comments that the girls followed the perp to look at something or find a dog or because he said he was LE or told them they were trespassing or or or or...these girls knew the area and by all accounts seemed savvy. We're talking young teens, not 7 year old kids here.

i was thinking it could be someone who felt very powerful, so could have been some sort of 'enforcer' type. but then i look at his overall appearance and he seems more just like a 'creepy old guy' and that makes more sense to me of why they even took the video of him, maybe to show their friends.

Where did you find the photo with IR enhancement? I looked on ISP's website and could not find it. Is this something they actually did, or is this your work?

I found it on one of the Abby & Libby FB sites. I only assume it is an ISP pic because it says INDIANA STATE POLICE on the bottom of it but you never know I guess because someone could have easily edited the pic and added ISP on it. I guess the WS mods don't want it on the site so that's why I only posted the one I changed the color to black & white on there...

Le sigh. I check in daily and am feeling ok skipping pages and pages of these threads. There's NOTHING new. Please let justice prevail for these girls! Please! Soon.

Ok One and All I will be closing this thread shortly for the night.

It will re-open early tomorrow (Saturday) morning.

Thanks everyone.

Good night.

Tricia

It is so extremely frustrating that BG hasn't been found ( or named by le ) yet.
When this first happened, I would've sworn that an arrest would happen quickly being that they have video and audio. I was very wrong! :(

It is so extremely frustrating that BG hasn't been found ( or named by le ) yet.
When this first happened, I would've sworn that an arrest would happen quickly being that they have video and audio. I was very wrong! :(
Agreed. Surprised at this point no prime suspects.

I know today won't be the day based on yesterday's news LE scale back their team. But hopefully someday will be the day. I sent a "tip" in a few days earlier. It is not I have a name or what but hopefully LE will not discard it immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I have played with that picture a lot! And on his left ear IIRC I remember seeing light bouncing off what looked like a headphone. The same way light bounces off what many think is a watch on his right wrist.

Or glasses?

Welcome!

LE said there is no vehicle in that photo. It is a guide rail.

thanks for your answer and im not doubting LE but just take a look if you get a chance..its got a window and wheels..(no i havent been drinking ) :)))

its libbys snapchat photo..you just need to get a copy of it where you can zoom in..im looking for one now.

I see it.
LE has said otherwise. :thinking:

i was thinking it could be someone who felt very powerful, so could have been some sort of 'enforcer' type. but then i look at his overall appearance and he seems more just like a 'creepy old guy' and that makes more sense to me of why they even took the video of him, maybe to show their friends.

To me and MOO he does not look like a creepy old guy.
He's a guy walking across the bridge..
I also think they saw him doing something and felt the need to capture it.

Our neighbor has a couple of dogs like that. They bark at anything--except the time somebody stole the fancy gas grill off their deck. The dogs never uttered a peep and were found hiding under their pickup truck.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member