IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a bit more about JW. Level 4 felony which carries a 2-12 year sentence.

My guess is that it took LE some time to isolate the audio and decide among themselves what to release. It sort of seems that they were going to release 4 words and changed to 3.

The issue I've had with the audio is that I don't think that the words were said right off the bridge. It seems that they were already walking from the rustling of the leaves but as always, JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I hear four words.

I'd like to know if the man the woman saw on the trail bears a resemblance to the suspect. We never heard anything more about that either. The time of day she saw him would be particularly interesting.

I. Agree!! I had forgotten about that ! Great question rocket!!

Mon, Feb 13, cont’d

2:07PM Libby posted a photo on her Snapchat account showing Abby walking across the old railroad bridge. This was the last time anyone heard from the girls. (Ref)

2:30PM ‘Wanted’ billboard later put up shows picture of suspect and says ‘Male last seen 2/13/17 @ 2:30PM (Ref ~1:35 in video)

3-3:30PM Williams and German were supposed to be picked up where they were dropped off a few hours later but never showed up. (Ref; Ref)

RILEY: ‘...and then they were supposed to be picked up by another relative at -- between 3:00 and 3:30.’ (Ref)

However, Bridge said that his granddaughter was conscientious and he didn't believe that she would have simply lost track of time. 'If Libby said she was going to be back at three-thirty, she would have done that,' he said. (Ref)

A woman who was at the bridge commented on a Facebook post by a family member of one of the girls, saying she had been at the bridge shortly after the girls posted the photo. She said she didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. “I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” [snipped to CME] wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.” (Ref)

5:30PM After family could not locate the girls they contacted the Carroll County Sheriff's Department. The Carroll County Sheriff's Department, Delphi Police Department, and Delphi Fire Department were joined by the Department of Natural Resources to search for the two missing girls. Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said crews began canvassing the area and tried pinging the girls' cell phones into the evening hours but had no success in finding them. The sheriff said they believed the girls' phones were either dead or turned off. (Ref) (Ref) (Ref)

Well my posts are now disappearing...no I'm not crazy...but whatever...mine with a link to an article is gone, as far as I can tell...but the other crap is left...I just don't get it..

Can we talk about the Mary Gerard Nature Preserve on that Trail? Just as you enter the trail from the tiny parking area off 300N the Preserve is to the right.

I am kicking myself for not going in when I was there but I believe that there is a trail down toward the creek.

I realize that this doesn’t fit with the girls being at the South end of the bridge.

Mon, Feb 13, cont’d

6:20PM Sunset in Delphi (Ref)

6:30PM Property Owner RL stated that this is the time volunteer searchers stopped at his home to ask for permission to go back on his property and that two girls were missing. (Ref)

Evening/Night Search parties scoured the base of the bridge and surrounding trails, but darkness made the searches nearly impossible, Leazenby said. (Ref)

Cell Phone references:

• Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said crews began canvassing the area and tried pinging the girls' cell phones into the evening hours but had no success in finding them. The sheriff said they believed the girls' phones were either dead or turned off. (Ref)
  • The girl's cell phones are either dead or turned off (from article posted at 10:37 PM Ref)
  • German's grandfather Mike Patty said: "The cellphone has been pinging around town, and here there is a cellphone tower, but the ping was last noted around five to six hours ago. And they say the phone is now dead." (Ref) (Ref)

Midnight The search for the two missing girls was scaled back by authorities around midnight because of the dark. At this point in time, Sheriff Laezenby said they had no reason to believe that the girls were in imminent danger and crews would resume their search in the morning. (Ref)

Family and volunteers continue to search. (Ref)

Well my posts are now disappearing...no I'm not crazy...but whatever...mine with a link to an article is gone, as far as I can tell...but the other crap is left...I just don't get it..
Are you maybe confusing posts in the scanner thread and here?

Mon, Feb 13, cont’d

2:07PM Libby posted a photo on her Snapchat account showing Abby walking across the old railroad bridge. This was the last time anyone heard from the girls. (Ref)

2:30PM ‘Wanted’ billboard later put up shows picture of suspect and says ‘Male last seen 2/13/17 @ 2:30PM (Ref ~1:35 in video)

3-3:30PM Williams and German were supposed to be picked up where they were dropped off a few hours later but never showed up. (Ref; Ref)

RILEY: ‘...and then they were supposed to be picked up by another relative at -- between 3:00 and 3:30.’ (Ref)

However, Bridge said that his granddaughter was conscientious and he didn't believe that she would have simply lost track of time. 'If Libby said she was going to be back at three-thirty, she would have done that,' he said. (Ref)

A woman who was at the bridge commented on a Facebook post by a family member of one of the girls, saying she had been at the bridge shortly after the girls posted the photo. She said she didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. “I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” [snipped to CME] wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.” (Ref)

5:30PM After family could not locate the girls they contacted the Carroll County Sheriff's Department. The Carroll County Sheriff's Department, Delphi Police Department, and Delphi Fire Department were joined by the Department of Natural Resources to search for the two missing girls. Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said crews began canvassing the area and tried pinging the girls' cell phones into the evening hours but had no success in finding them. The sheriff said they believed the girls' phones were either dead or turned off. (Ref) (Ref) (Ref)

So the video of BG was taken at 2:30. The woman was at the bridge between 2:07 and 3-3:30? She did not see the girls. Jmo

Info on JW. From Marion County Jail Inmate Look Up. (If this is not allowed please delete. Sorry.)

image.png

http://inmateinfo.indy.gov/IML

ETA: I find it odd that he has to wait 2 months for his next court date. Seems like a long time out for his pre-trial or initial hearing.

I can not understand, why nobody still phoned to the police telling, yes I know the suspect or the voice, it is terrible to think that there are accomplices of this evil, they killed the girls, like the perp.avec their silence...I pray for the families and for bringing justice for them.

I know someone who called in a tip. Very interesting story with likeness to both voice and picture of POI. No follow up from LE

I know someone who called in a tip. Very interesting story with likeness to both voice and picture of POI. No follow up from LE
That is disheartening but I don't think that they have gotten to all tips yet.

JMO

Tues, Feb 14

In video, WTHR reporter says good morning, but it’s still dark. She mentions family and others wanting to help search still coming out (with flashlights). (Ref) (Ref)

7:40AM Sunrise in Delphi (Ref)

In video, Fox59 reporter mentions the sun coming up, seeing people come throughout the morning to help with search, people searching all night. (Ref)

Morning "With darkness last night, we probably didn't pick up on everything," he said. "With daylight in our favor, we're sending folks back out to basically back track where we've already been." A specialized K-9 group from Macomb, Illinois, aided in the morning's search, Leazenby said Tuesday morning. (Ref)

By mid-morning, the downtown Delphi Fire Department became a makeshift command center for volunteers assisting in the search. Crews were being sent out 10 to 12 people at a time to help cover an area of 20 to 25 square miles, Leazenby said. Officials weren't sure just how many volunteers came, but sign-in sheets appeared to log hundreds. (Ref)

12:15PM Abby and Libby were discovered in the woods near Deer Creek by volunteers helping to search for the missing girls. Their bodies were found about 50 feet from the creek on private land. Authorities don’t name the girls at this time. (Ref) (Ref)

WTHR Reporter (transcribed): ‘…searchers found two bodies about ¾ of a mile upstream from that bridge. They were along the banks of the deer creek in a remote area most hikers and walkers wouldn’t go into.’ (Ref)

RTV6/WRTV helicopter video (Ref)

Evening/Night: Property owner said investigators were at the crime scene all Tuesday night. “There were hundreds of cars and vehicles and generator trucks that keep the lights going. They had the whole woods lit up like a football field,” Logan said. (Ref)

It's possible the tape captured a name. It's also possible the majority of tips all pointed to the same person. I believe LE triage tips when there are so many.

ETA majority of credible tips in the first few days

How would anyone know whether LE followed up or not?

And even if it was the best tip in the world was called in, recognition is not enough to base an arrest on. And often tipsters want to remain anonymous but LE is looking for potential witnesses willing to provide a statement under oath.

Jmvoo
I have thought since day one these girls were murdered because they saw something.
Drugs drugs drugs.
So I do think Meth fits in here big time.
Not sex.offendersure or 77 year old property owners.
The place.looks creepy and desolate.
There not many ppl out there that day just two little girls aND one very very bad man. With a gun.
I do think the man saw the girls taking pictures of him. Or knew he was in their photos.
Jmo
I never thought for a minute that this could be the case. But if that is what happened, then that may better explain why this case is not really coming up with an arrest... things, such as...

-why nobody is reporting BG, at least, not the 'right tip' is coming in on him - people who are involved in that would presumably be less likely to report something that may end up bringing jailtime to themselves;

-it may better explain why there has been no leak of an indication of a sexual component to this crime (because there may not have been one, and if not, then it's troublesome to imagine WHY they would've been killed at all, but that could explain that;

-it may better explain why police aren't sure if there was one perp, or more than one (wouldn't there prob be more than 1 if it were a drug related thing?)

-it may better explain why the DNA thing is kind of a mystery.. we know that LE HAS DNA of some kind, but we don't know if they know if what they have is related to the crime, ie if the girls were not molested, and were instead just shot or something, for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, DNA from the murderer(s) may be difficult to find, or to know if it is related, until after the perp is caught;

-if this type of situation is what happened, then the reward amount is not high enough to entice someone to come forward, imho. LE would, imho, have to offer immunity to the informant that they would not be prosecuted themselves, and the amount would have to be higher perhaps.

People involved in drugs may be less apt to make that call and rat out an associate, as opposed to someone who knows a sex perp. For it to have been worth it to such a perp to kill 2 young girls, the stakes would have had to have been very high. So what would the girls have seen that would have risked such high stakes for such an offender? I doubt if someone was outside in the open making meth on public lands in cold weather? Doubt if the stakes would have been high enough if some guys were just *doing* drugs. If the girls were out in the open, they wouldn't have come upon a huge stash of drugs (who would leave a huge stash of drugs outside?).

So what could they have possibly seen that would have risked so much to the perps that they would rather risk being caught for killing 2 young girls than risk that the girls could report them for?

CARMEL, Ind.–In light of the recent murders in Delphi, Bulletproof Women is hosting a special Bulletproof Juniors self-defense class.

From 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Cornerstone Lutheran Church in Carmel, young girls and their mothers can learn tactics to protect themselves and have heightened situational awareness.

Leah Severson wrote the book Bulletproof Women in 2015 after collecting articles about teen safety for her two daughters. Like many parents, Severson thought she would talk to her daughters about alcohol poisoning and campus safety before they went to college. But the dangers, Severson says, exist even before young women head off to school.

“Usually the only safety message parents give to kids is: Don’t talk to strangers,” but Severson says children are routinely put in situations with adults they don’t know. When students go to school, they’re often confronted with teachers and staff members they’re unfamiliar with. During the summer, counselors and administrators at summer camps are virtual strangers.

“We don’t really teach our kids how to communicate with strangers and talk to people in a way where they can develop their intuition and sense of knowing when a conversation feels weird and a little bit off, or when it’s right,” Severson added.

http://fox59.com/2017/03/26/self-defense-for-teens-after-delphi-murders/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member