IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could b if it was mushroom time,but I recall a post about something some one thought it looked like something a lineman would have IMHO we do have plenty of people putting up large power lines in the area there not locals but IMHO u have scouted he area prior or u already new it
Oh~~no ~~ that wasn't me that posted that. I remember reading that as well. I did think he might be related to construction though.

Other traffic,train the regular operations would most likely not b audible only slightly at that,but if on the creek in shallow water it would be a prominent noise tho

Thank you. My heart goes out to Delphi. Praying for him to be put away forever very soon.

Could b if it was mushroom time,but I recall a post about something some one thought it looked like something a lineman would have IMHO we do have plenty of people putting up large power lines in the area there not locals but IMHO u have scouted he area prior or u already new it

Thank you for your posts and insight!!!

Quite a few others had posted about the types of shoes, boots and foot accessories that lineman wear as well as the hip/fannypack a ways back. I had never put much thought into it but now I will check that out as well. MOO

Good Night all! May tomorrow bring the perp to justice. Thanks again Cryptonite for sharing all your local knowledge.

:bedtime::eek:fftobed:

Thread will be closing in minutes. FYI

Thank you everyone. This thread will re-open early Monday Morning.

G'night.

Tricia

Hello,

I'm 2 pages (200 posts behind) but wanted to post my input on the Twitter time.

Jethro4WS said:
Delphi is Eastern Time. At the time it would have been Eastern Standard Time. It is likely that the girls were discovered no later than 12:11pm EST.
I am not familiar with whether or not it Twitter adjusts/shows times in the viewer's time zone or the Tweeter's time zone. I see 12:38pm when viewing that tweet. Do you see 11:38am? Do others in other time zones see anything but 12:38pm?

Since I am on Eastern European time - I "see" 7:38pm - so it would have been 12:38pm EST, since I'm 7 hours ahead of the East coast. Just to clarify what everyone else is seeing.

Hoping RL has someone taking care of his dog(s) (and tropical fish) while he sits in jail.

I see 61 people here - only 26 members....

Today is the day

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Terrain is very, very rough from what I have read.

The serial profiler talks about "comfort zones" when it comes to committing a crime. Serial killers often start their crimes close to home where they are most comfortable. To commit a full-blown, kidnapping and double-murder in broad daylight carries extreme risk. Too risky for someone from the outside or a non-local, imho.

Although we don't know this was his first murder. And if he is someone who comes to the area periodically (trucker, for instance), he could go out of his way to familiarize himself with an area that he could use in this way. He could have spend a lot of time getting to know the area, scoping it out, prior to committing this crime. Could have been spread over months, taking opportunities whenever he was in the area. Perhaps even using online resources. All my own speculation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has LE been warning residents of the danger of a murderer at large lately?

I've noticed here in Aus. when there are no warnings the cops know who it is and watching them closely.

I meant the crime scene where the girls were found. That area looks to be very remote and far, far away from any sort of help.

I think it depends on what one means by far, far away. Apparently it was only a quarter of a mile from the property owner's house. There are places without houses for miles and miles around. But, yes, it would require a lot of effort to get back up the hill to the trail, or even through the woods to a house for help. So I can agree on that aspect. Clearly it would have been a lot riskier if he had been right on the public trails of the park...

JMO

For a victim bleeding out and dying, that area might as well be miles away from any help. That's the spot that I think a killer would take someone (just looking at the map and not having ever been there myself) to commit the crime. The water would be a bonus because he could wash up after.

This guy is physically fit. He knows the area, he is comfortable being outdoors for long periods of time and is calm and cool (judging from the voice) which suggests an older, more experienced individual. He's been around the block, so to speak. The long hike from the bridge to the actual spot where the girls were found served many purposes maybe--- one, it took the victims to a secluded and most likely deserted area far from help. Two, it made the girls physically tired and weak as they were likely not accustomed to walking for any long distances in that type of weather/rugged terrain. The killer held all of the cards.

Agreed, except that it doesn't appear to have been that long of a hike, although it was apparently rugged terrain from the bridge to RL's property, by all accounts. Still, clearly, a criminal would want to be somewhere off the beaten path before committing his crimes.

JMO

<snip>

Hoping RL has someone taking care of his dog(s) (and tropical fish) while he sits in jail. :groucho:

I see 61 people here - only 26 members....

:coffeews: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Trespassing where? To RL's lower property, by the creek, is difficult at most to get to by viewing the overhead views and land views. Even Gray's videos has them crossing the creek to get there. It's not an easy thing to do. IMO

RL expressed shock that anyone was able to get from the bridge to his property directly, but that doesn't mean there aren't other directions trespassers could use to access his property, through adjoining lots, rather than from up the hill.

Delphi is Eastern Time. At the time it would have been Eastern Standard Time. It is likely that the girls were discovered no later than 12:11pm EST.

I am not familiar with whether or not it Twitter adjusts/shows times in the viewer's time zone or the Tweeter's time zone. I see 12:38pm when viewing that tweet. Do you see 11:38am? Do others in other time zones see anything but 12:38pm?

I am EST and I see 9:38 AM - 14 Feb 2017

Has LE been warning residents of the danger of a murderer at large lately?

I've noticed here in Aus. when there are no warnings the cops know who it is and watching them closely.

I am of the opinion he is already behind bars albeit on other charges. I just can't imagine they'd let him wander freely once they knew who it was. They are likely getting their ducks in row, covering all the bases before charges. IMO it's also why they pared down the number of investigators. Hoping today is the day that they charge him.

I am of the opinion he is already behind bars albeit on other charges. I just can't imagine they'd let him wander freely once they knew who it was. They are likely getting their ducks in row, covering all the bases before charges. IMO it's also why they pared down the number of investigators. Hoping today is the day that they charge him.

:yeahthat: :clap:

:behindbar: :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads