IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On an even sadder note: from reading her obituary I believe Abby was her mother's only child. :(

I saw that too. Cant imagine the pain of just losing a child. But for that child to be your only one. Absolutely truly awful situation.
Frustrated that the LE over there havent released something.. anything that might jog someone's memory.
I am in the UK, but this case has struck me for some reason. Just can't get over these two girls taken, in what seems to be a moment.

I think based on hints at the beginning of the investigation that this crime has ties to SM and either they went there to meet someone, or he knew they would be there because of their SM posts. He looks too clean to be someone who has been living in the woods. The timeline is very tight. Abigail alive and high on the bridge at 2:07 and no where to be seen by 3:30. How did he know there was no school that day?

Maybe he didn't and it's purely a crime of opportunity.

Delurking...is it just me or does one photo look like a younger male with hood down, then the other photo looks like hood up and older male? Because of clothes it is obviously same person, but the face looks completely different.

Welcome to Websleuths!

:wagon:

Based on a previous post on thread 3, if this is related to the 2012 case some 6 hours away, has anyone checked the SOR for both areas to see if maybe there is a guy that matches the description that moved from Iowa since 2012? There are alot of similarities, and I believe a suspect has never been named in that case. Also the missing person in Kokomo is an interesting piece of info as it is so close, fits the age, etc. Not to sound like a broken record, but to kidnap/kill 2 people in broad daylight with the possibility of anyone walking by and/or hearing has to take some level of confidence. I wouldnt think if this guy "planned" it out, he would take the risk of having to control 2 people unless he was fully confident he could do it and quickly. I strongly believe he has done it before based on this logic. MOO

Delurking...is it just me or does one photo look like a younger male with hood down, then the other photo looks like hood up and older male? Because of clothes it is obviously same person, but the face looks completely different.

It's not just you, I said exactly the same thing a couple threads back!

Previously, he had been labeled a person of interest, and police said he might only be a witness to the crime. Today, that status changed, according to police.

“Since Wednesday February 15th, law enforcement officers have distributed a photo of a person observed on the Delphi Historic Trail. The photo appears to depict a white male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie,” a statement from the Indiana State Police read.

Police referred to “preliminary evidence” that led their attention to the man in the picture, without detailing what it was.

“During the course of the investigation, preliminary evidence has led investigators to believe the person, in the distributed photo, is suspected of having participated in the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German,” the statement added.

http://www.wimsradio.com/2017/02/19...-in-the-double-homicide-of-two-indiana-girls/

I'm still behind trying to catch up. I'm on page 70 and I see the thread is all the way to page 84. ETA - When I tried to post, it said sorry this thread is closed. Now you are already on page 2 of the new thread.

Just read that man on bridge in the pictures is now the main suspect. I hope they have real proof and haven't jumped the gun. I wonder if they will issue a nationwide lookout bulletin.

Also, the search ending that night I think was because they had reached the outer city limits and needed assistance/permission from County to continue out of their jurisdiction. Does it happen like that?

And, can anyone enlarge the man's face so we can concentrate on it?

And finally for now, we need to figure out what LE rushed back to the scene for? What would they have missed when they searched the first time? Did someone still searching locate something else? Did they see something on the iphone that they needed to find or verify at the scene?

Back to reading.

I'm still behind trying to catch up. I'm on page 70 and I see the thread is all the way to page 84. ETA - When I tried to post, it said sorry this thread is closed. Now you are already on page 2 of the new thread.

Just read that man on bridge in the pictures is now the main suspect. I hope they have real proof and haven't jumped the gun. I wonder if they will issue a nationwide lookout bulletin.

Also, the search ending that night I think was because they had reached the outer city limits and needed assistance/permission from County to continue out of their jurisdiction. Does it happen like that?

And, can anyone enlarge the man's face so we can concentrate on it?

And finally for now, we need to figure out what LE rushed back to the scene for? What would they have missed when they searched the first time? Did someone still searching locate something else? Did they see something on the iphone that they needed to find or verify at the scene?

Back to reading.

My guess is that they rushed because it was late afternoon and they would soon lose daylight to look at whatever they wanted to look at.

No idea what they wanted to look at. There was a reporter there, but I don't think he was able to get info - does anyone know?

jmo

IMG_0149.JPGIMG_0150.JPG

I wonder if these photos were taken back-to-back or if time had elapsed between them. I keep studying what looks like a three-dimenstional object at his waste in one, and what looks to be a stain in the other. One seems like he's wearing a camouflage hat, and the other one, I can't tell.

:welcome:

I dunno but I switched back and forth rapidly making him walk while studying the background. He has taken only one stride between the two stills and is basically in the same place, but turned slightly causing further shadows and anomalies

MOO

Maybe he didn't and it's purely a crime of opportunity.

Of course that's a possibility but it seems to me the odds are rather small for that. Had he been hanging around the bridge all day? If that's the case there were other people there that day did no one report him as suspicious?

The jacket the POI has on, is the yoke or shoulder part, and arms different from the body of the jacket ?

Map question: Are there any bathroom facilities at this park? Picnic areas?

Photo of Abby: Several people have noted that the girls appear to be waiting. Perhaps they had already seen him, got spooked, and decided to wait in the most visible spot until he was long gone.

Coming at it from a different angle: I believe the image of the man/suspect is from video found on the girls' phones. If they did spot him, and found him suspicious enough to film or photo, wouldn't it be possible that they continued to do it out of sport? Turning it into a game? Its the sort of thing that my friends and I would have absolutely done. Maybe THEY followed HIM. He could of been a bad man on his way to meet another bad man, or out to do something in the woods, looking to set up camp. The girls may have fallen backwards into a terrible situation. Its a reach, I know

The jacket the POI has on, is the yoke or shoulder part, and arms different from the body of the jacket ?

It appears to me to be a brown hoodie underneath a blue windbreaker. Hoodie extending below the windbreaker.

JMO

View attachment 110412View attachment 110413

I wonder if these photos were taken back-to-back or if time had elapsed between them. I keep studying what looks like a three-dimenstional object at his waste in one, and what looks to be a stain in the other. One seems like he's wearing a camouflage hat, and the other one, I can't tell.

My 12 year old just made a good observation (we start sleuthing young in my house). He thinks the guy is holding something in whatever that brown thing is around his waist. It might be a fanny pack. He also immediately stated that it looks like the guy has a goatee and a camo hat.

I think based on hints at the beginning of the investigation that this crime has ties to SM and either they went there to meet someone, or he knew they would be there because of their SM posts. He looks too clean to be someone who has been living in the woods. The timeline is very tight. Abigail alive and high on the bridge at 2:07 and no where to be seen by 3:30. How did he know there was no school that day? Also he had to get those girls off that bridge with him quickly because it was still light out and it's a popular spot. Was he lingering on the bridge all day?

Was there a hint that this was tied to social media?

At the very beginning when the girls first went missing, the case wasn't exactly off to a great start; it seems like it took several hours to get some sea legs beneath it. But, the girls obviously used SM, and LE has had access to their accounts, etc. I would think LE would be working on those avenues more at this time, rather than hammering on this picture if they think it was rooted in online activity?

From what I have learned about this area, it appears this area was a recreational area that commonly had younger people around. If you're a predator, and you have a place with a good possibility of teens hanging out, without it being a high traffic area -- well, there's really not much to lose to taking a walk if you're a monster with something like that in mind. He wouldn't have to wait around if he didn't want to. Just cruise onto the next possible location. There also exists the possibility that he saw them, and went back to whatever he has for a home base to get a weapon and his plan together.

Also, this was a built in day to the school calendar. There are so many ways a person would know that.

I am so willing and likely to be wrong about everything and anything. It could be random as much as targeted.

it is a good thing that I can't be more predicative ; I don't think like these monsters. My brain only goes so far before it jumps "off the tracks"

PS - If I didn't "read" your thoughts properly, let me know. High volume day for posts, and I am legally blind...my eyes get wonky after a while.

It seems like LE are going to wait until the 14th day is fuzzy in all the locals mind before they release any kind of credible information that could jog somebody's memory.

It's hilarious it took them 3 days of this guy not falling for the POI trap to finally call him a suspect.

The only reason to be tight lipped about where the photo's came from is the source. The girls phone(s) and I suppose the LE still believes they can trick him into coming in if he believes it's not from one of the girls phones.

They'll release info soon but the longer it takes the more locals will forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader