IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing more clearly the blue jacket that is over the brown hoodie, has a different color/pattern blue for the shoulder yoke and sleeves of the jacket. It seems to me that it's just not a plain navy blue jacket over a brown hoodie. Anyone else?

When I made the picture smaller I could see better. To me, it appears to be a blue vest over a plaid shirt. Maybe, the plaid shirt has a hood. I see a camo hat in both pictures. I think he is wearing a brown fanny pack on his right hip. Imo, the fanny pack is where he keeps his "kit". He toes out the right foot when walking and his right leg also looks stiff. The left foot and leg seem normal. In the FB picture, he looks younger, in high school or college, but in the bridge picture I thought he looked middle aged with jowly cheeks. I also think he is a serial killer and he scopes trails to find victims. moo

People keep saying the image of the man cant be the same device as the image taken from the girls on snap chat. This is NOT true. Video quality on most cell phones, especially at a distance is usually WORSE than photos as its optical zoom (especially when you are zooming in) has to "make up" pixels. Previous articles have stated this is a still from a video. It still may or may not be from one of the girls cell phones.

I agree, plus if it is from the girl's phone, she wasn't necessarily taking video of him as the subject. Maybe he was in the background of whatever scene she was filming and the primary scene is in better focus.

We don't know he was captured on her phone, but I think it's a possibility. Could also be from the phone of another park visitor who has (wisely) stayed away from media.

jmopinion

When I made the picture smaller I could see better. To me, it appears to be a blue vest over a plaid shirt. Maybe, the plaid shirt has a hood. I see a camo hat in both pictures. I think he is wearing a brown fanny pack on his right hip. Imo, the fanny pack is where he keeps his "kit". He toes out the right foot when walking and his right leg also looks stiff. The left foot and leg seem normal. In the FB picture, he looks younger, in high school or college, but in the bridge picture I thought he looked middle aged with jowly cheeks. I also think he is a serial killer and he scopes trails to find victims. moo

You have a FB picture? You know a name? If so you should inform LE asap!!

Is there a video camera in the parking lot at the trail?

attachment.php
Any idea where (in relation to the crime scene) Abby was fishing in this photo? Although, (per the reports) it would seem that this fishing spot has easier to access than the area where they were found. I just remember seeing the bridge in the background here as well as a crime scene pic - and for all I know they could be miles apart.

**My first attempt at attaching a photo using this Chromebook thingamajig... I'm likely to muck it up!
This is my best guess. I would guess she was standing near the red arrow and the photo was taken in the direction of the yellow arrow.
attachment.php

Attachments

• fishing photo.jpg
    fishing photo.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 870
If any WSers have the girls SM account links handy - they are not in the 1st post on the thread - can you please list them here?

TIA

I'm still catching up, but I thought I saw someone say earlier, there looked to be blood on the pants. So I downloaded the photo and blew it up. It DOES look like some kind of rust colored stain on the top portion of his jeans. At first I thought he was wearing a long shirt under this jacket, and that it was the shirt hanging out of the jacket; but I now see that his hand is visible in his pocket, and the rust color goes up to the edge of the pocket and doesn't cover his hand (like I'd expect a shirt would). If that rust color is indeed blood, it's covering quite a bit of his upper pants.

this is a little far fetched at this point, but i know from the baden-clay case in qld aus that they wire taped the coffins in the funeral to try catch their suspect talking to the victims in their final moments, i did briefly wonder if that is what is happening here, 1 week is very short between being found and holding the funeral i mean i know its happened before but sometimes they keep the bodies longer for more evidence etc, i just wonder if maybe we'll get an update after the funerals are done and the families have had a few days to process some of the grief ( i know it'll last a lifetime but we can hope)

You have a FB picture? You know a name? If so you should inform LE asap!!

No, I do not have a FB picture. I am referring to the picture that was posted upthread that looks like a sketch done in black and white. I apologize, I thought that picture/sketch was in a FB posting.

All posts referencing the scarf rumor have been removed.

:wave:

I'm still catching up, but I thought I saw someone say earlier, there looked to be blood on the pants. So I downloaded the photo and blew it up. It DOES look like some kind of rust colored stain on the top portion of his jeans. At first I thought he was wearing a long shirt under this jacket, and that it was the shirt hanging out of the jacket; but I now see that his hand is visible in his pocket, and the rust color goes up to the edge of the pocket and doesn't cover his hand (like I'd expect a shirt would). If that rust color is indeed blood, it's covering quite a bit of his upper pants.

The thing is, wouldn't he cover up a big ol' blood stain on his pants? He could take off the hoodie and wrap it around his waist or hold his jacket in front of him. If he had that amount of blood on him, I find it hard to believe he would be walking on the bridge with it so visible.

Jmopinion

Agree. The light blue baggier jeans say middle aged, late 40s early 50s to me. I think both girls were probably too afraid to act (run) singularly, not wanting to leave one another. So this POI was able to control both children. RIP girls

No, I do not have a FB picture. I am referring to the picture that was posted upthread that looks like a sketch done in black and white. I apologize, I thought that picture/sketch was in a FB posting.

No apology needed, things are moving fast here, sorry I misunderstood.

If the POI was captured by a stationary camera, I wonder if he was captured in days leading up to the crime. Even if it is a random crime of opportunity, I'd be surprised if that was the first time he ever had been there. If they had been online chatting with someone and planning to meet someone in the days ahead. If they had been talking with someone about meeting there and he was planning this in advance, I think he would visit the area prior.

If not, he must have some prior knowledge and at least have local ties.

This is the LE profile for the murderer in the Iowa case involving two girls, may not be at all similar, or relevant to the perp in this case, but fwiw..
http://whotv.com/2014/08/22/investigators-release-suspect-profile-in-murder-of-evansdale-cousins/
“The offender blends in with and may be part of the Evansdale, Bremer and surrounding communities. It is unlikely that the offender is a transient or someone who was merely traveling or ‘passing through’ the area,” according to the site. The suspect likely used “quiet coercion” to gain the girls’ compliance into leaving Meyers Lake, using a ruse or threats of violence.
According to the website, other characteristics include:

• The suspect may have been experiencing stress related to legal troubles, spousal problems, employment difficulties, financial strain or mental health issues in July 2012.
  • The suspect may avoid discussing the case or showing interest in the matter but is likely following developments in the media.
  • The offender may have attempted to abduct children or adults in the past.
  • Following the disappearance, the suspect may have altered his or her physical appearance, such as changing hair style and facial hair. The offender’s vehicle may also have been altered with a new paint job or re-upholstery.

Why are his hands in his pockets? Does that say anything about this suspect? Any body language experts have a comment?

The thing is, wouldn't he cover up a big ol' blood stain on his pants? He could take off the hoodie and wrap it around his waist or hold his jacket in front of him. If he had that amount of blood on him, I find it hard to believe he would be walking on the bridge with it so visible.

Jmopinion

I agree, but what do you propose it is? I no longer think it's a shirt. If it is, it's a weird one that allows you to put your hand through it and into your jeans pocket.

Okay something to mull over. You can glean a lot from a short video. Mannerisms of someone who you may not be able to identify in stills. The gait, maybe the way they hold an arm or tilt a head when walking. So if these stills came off a video. Why not release a 5 or 10 second clip of him walking? Again, to me, its because one of the girls is walking next to him. Hence Still shot picture # 2 and the dark shadow that goes into a light grey (maybe one of the girls jacket sleeves) on the right hand side.

People keep saying the image of the man cant be the same device as the image taken from the girls on snap chat. This is NOT true. Video quality on most cell phones, especially at a distance is usually WORSE than photos as its optical zoom (especially when you are zooming in) has to "make up" pixels. Previous articles have stated this is a still from a video. It still may or may not be from one of the girls cell phones.

If an optical zoom has been applied, it because the person is floating over the river. The angle doesn't support the idea that it's from the same device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader